Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 458875 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #1300 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 17:42:53 »
Sorry, can't really help you with tanks as I only use RDA's. I have one tank, the Eleaf Lemo 2 and it's alright for being a tank. I know a few people that really like theirs.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1301 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 20:56:06 »
Sorry, can't really help you with tanks as I only use RDA's. I have one tank, the Eleaf Lemo 2 and it's alright for being a tank. I know a few people that really like theirs.

That's alright, sorry I'm asking so many questions hah.

I'm thinking I might get this -> https://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/tigertek-springer-s-rta-free-delivery/

It's rebuildable and it doesn't look like it's got some stupid **** seal at the top. Now just to work out how to do all those calculations and ****.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1302 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 20:59:02 »
No worries. Questions are how you learn. I'm just not the person to answer questions about tanks. However, that looks like a pretty nice deck. I'd read reviews and see what people say about leaks. From my experience tanks ALWAYS leak, it's just a matter of how much they leak.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1303 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 06:21:58 »

That's alright, sorry I'm asking so many questions hah.

I'm thinking I might get this -> https://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/tigertek-springer-s-rta-free-delivery/

It's rebuildable and it doesn't look like it's got some stupid **** seal at the top. Now just to work out how to do all those calculations and ****.

Look up reviews on reddit (google search "subject site:reddit.com"), that's where I found out everything about the gear I ended up with. They've got a big vaping community with lots of info/reviews of almost everything worth mentioning, it's almost impossible to keep up with everything that's been put out, haha.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1304 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 20:36:53 »
Just ordered a nice vape rig, although I reckon it's not the type of vaping this thread is on about.

Semi-ironically paid for completely by my tax return.
https://epicvape.com/product-category/vaporizers/

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1305 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 02:23:57 »
So i ended up buying this tank https://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/aspire-revvo-tank-free-e-liquid-free-delivery/

The coil is above the tank so you have to up-end it every so often to re-wet the coil, but it's not leaked and there's no ****ty rubber thing so it's actually been really good so far. I have had to up the Watts to 80 to get any flavour out of it, but it's not harsh at all.

Just ordered a nice vape rig, although I reckon it's not the type of vaping this thread is on about.

Dude, what do those kind of vaporisers actually do?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1306 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 18:07:42 »
So i ended up buying this tank https://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/aspire-revvo-tank-free-e-liquid-free-delivery/

The coil is above the tank so you have to up-end it every so often to re-wet the coil, but it's not leaked and there's no ****ty rubber thing so it's actually been really good so far. I have had to up the Watts to 80 to get any flavour out of it, but it's not harsh at all.

Dude, what do those kind of vaporisers actually do?

heats things up ;)
just came in today

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1307 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 05:19:30 »
Like smells and things?

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1308 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 05:45:13 »
Just took over my wife's birthday present. :p It was too powerful for her needs so she bought a cheaper unit.
It's an eGo ONE CT - real nice piece of equipment.
Currently got some 3MG Peach in it.

Offline typo

« Reply #1309 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 22:02:32 »
I will swear by the Uwell Crown III. Almost RBA quality, coils last a month.

Is that light wood thing a herb/oil vaporizer? looks weird for a mod. I tell you guy's a secret. Voopoo Drag is 20x better than DNA 250 imo. I have many DNA and SX but this was on a different level, It is not fancy enough for me though. I know Woody vapes too. Oh yeah I see that is herb. I used to enjoy to smoke a J but cannot not with my medicine I could die like instantly! I am not feeling "great" but the nic has worked good. Proves it is medicinal and does not hurt folks. Man you should see my glass collection though. I will stop talking about that here though lol.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1310 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 02:23:36 »
Have to get back into vaping. Best mod and longest battery life on a budget?

Was looking at a WISMEC REULEAUX RX GEN3 DUAL 230W BOX MOD With a unwell crown 3. Not sure. Also don’t want 3-4 batteries because I’ve switched to skinnier pants. ;p
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 August 2018, 04:11:07 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #1311 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 02:30:48 »

I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline method_

« Reply #1312 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 03:59:44 »
Haha so surprising the sheer amount of peeps who vape nowadays.
thock program.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1313 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 06:04:02 »
Think i'm going to have a look at squonk mods soon. I saw a pretty cool Aspire one that uses the same revvo coils i use now, which give me great clouds and great taste. I bought some more batteries a few weeks ago as well because having just two 18650s and charging my mod on a micro USB cable every day sucks.

Offline typo

« Reply #1314 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 00:47:23 »
I only buy custom/secret FB pages now. 20x the quality of mass Chinese. Plus look like work of art. They are not always a fortune first go. 2nd,3rd sale they go way up crazy.

Also if you do not want Crown III learn an RBA. Other tanks suck imo.

Been doing it soo long it is not "cool" anymore. Became like smoking but safer.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1315 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 14:14:55 »
I was back up to 30 cigs a day. 2 weeks into vaping, I'm down to 3mg nic. Going for 0 very soon.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1316 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 18:58:17 »
I was back up to 30 cigs a day. 2 weeks into vaping, I'm down to 3mg nic. Going for 0 very soon.

Good job man.

I've tried going down from 6 to 3 and 0, but find out that I end up vaping a ton more. With a Digiflavor Siren 2 set up for restricted lung-hit on single coil builds (28ga twisted @ 2.5mm, 5~6 wraps), I stick to 6mg and a tank can last a few days or more; it seems to be my happy medium for killing cravings and not killing bottles of juice.

I've tried making my own juice for a while to save more money, but it seemed to get too tedious/messy. Building a new coil every several months and rewicking once every other week is enough maintenance on something like this for me.

In the end, I'm saving money and my lungs are happier they're not gunked up by everything you get out of smoking, I bet you're feeling that too.

On a side note; if you're still looking for small mods, I've been using a Squid Vape Double-barrel v2.1; it's a bit on the pricier side (not crazy high like YiHis), but it's about as tiny as you can get out of a dual-battery 18650 mod, minimalistic on settings and feels like a tank too.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 August 2018, 19:05:13 by Skull_Angel »

Offline SongJinGi

« Reply #1317 on: Sat, 01 September 2018, 13:30:44 »
Think i'm going to have a look at squonk mods soon. I saw a pretty cool Aspire one that uses the same revvo coils i use now, which give me great clouds and great taste. I bought some more batteries a few weeks ago as well because having just two 18650s and charging my mod on a micro USB cable every day sucks.

squonks are great! I have an Asmodus pumper (I know, weird name), solid product but its not vw, just regulated. Anyway it's really nice not having to drip all the time, just give it a pump or two and your good to go. Vandy vape has some pretty sweet ones too!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1318 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 09:23:28 »
^This, I switched a year ago to a Juul (I know a turd but I wanted to stop analog smoking).  But I could never get a simple answer to what rig I should start with.  I was looking at the Smok Nord or variations similar to it - currently I've just been getting the disposables trying different flavors - so far loving Custards and a few others.  But I want to get off of disposables as in the end it costs alot more and I feel bad when I have to toss them (also I've received alot of duds when I get them which pisses me off more since you can't return them here in GA).

What juice brand and small rig would you all recommend that would be good for someone like myself and for someone starting out?  I am working on getting the wife to move to vaping as well - just tired of wasting money on cigs and tired of the smell of them.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline brokenglasshero

« Reply #1319 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 20:31:28 »
Obviously not sure if someone mentioned this before but I'm using a smoant naboo box with a uwell crown IV tank. I've gone through a number of tanks but this crown IV is really amazing. I'll spend anything between 2 and 4 weeks with a 0.23 ohm (mesh) coil. I do need to point out that i don't vape any sweetened liquids, mostly pure base with a bit of menthol. I'd recommend this tank to anyone, havan't had a leak ever! (1y usage)

Offline GunnerBlanchard

« Reply #1320 on: Tue, 18 April 2023, 04:10:24 »
It's a fascinating study!

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1321 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 23:43:37 »
My older brother tried to quit but I found another vape in his room. I'm genuinely worried about him seeing as his lung collapsed a couple years back (unrelated to vaping [I hope]) anyone got any recommendations for helping him quit? I know that the biggest part of kicking an addiction is staying clean, and I don't see him often enough to keep him off it, but any advice would help.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #1322 on: Mon, 08 May 2023, 18:33:53 »
My older brother tried to quit but I found another vape in his room. I'm genuinely worried about him seeing as his lung collapsed a couple years back (unrelated to vaping [I hope]) anyone got any recommendations for helping him quit? I know that the biggest part of kicking an addiction is staying clean, and I don't see him often enough to keep him off it, but any advice would help.

I'm not two well verse in how to get people to stop, but I feel that slowly lowering the nicotine content of vapes could help reduce the nicotine dependency he may have, it is a slow way of doing (there really is no way to quit something quickly like that) but that might work for him

If that works than one thing that I heard can help stick with quitting, is getting no nicotine vapes or herbal cigarettes once someone has lowered their dependency on nicotine, I've heard that sometime people get the urge to put a vape/cigarette in their mouth as a habit, so these ones won't give nicotine and may lead the person to realize that no dopamine hit happens and lose the habit.

Again I'm not too well versed in this (and it's probably not very well written) but I hope this may help. Hope your brother is doing ok

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1323 on: Wed, 10 May 2023, 18:10:18 »

I'm not two well verse in how to get people to stop, but I feel that slowly lowering the nicotine content of vapes could help reduce the nicotine dependency he may have, it is a slow way of doing (there really is no way to quit something quickly like that) but that might work for him

If that works than one thing that I heard can help stick with quitting, is getting no nicotine vapes or herbal cigarettes once someone has lowered their dependency on nicotine, I've heard that sometime people get the urge to put a vape/cigarette in their mouth as a habit, so these ones won't give nicotine and may lead the person to realize that no dopamine hit happens and lose the habit.

Again I'm not too well versed in this (and it's probably not very well written) but I hope this may help. Hope your brother is doing ok
I appreciate the input! He's tried to go cold turkey straight to the herbal ones but ended up back to normal nicotine vapes. I'll try suggesting cutting the nicotine levels, that may work better.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1324 on: Wed, 10 May 2023, 21:04:24 »
With regard to nicotine, I thought that patches were generally considered the best route.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1325 on: Thu, 11 May 2023, 12:46:16 »
With regard to nicotine, I thought that patches were generally considered the best route.
I don't even know if he's tried the patches, but I'll bring it up with him.