Author Topic: [IC] GMK Norse | GB March 2-30 / Final Kits and Pricing!  (Read 177043 times)

Offline Skok

Re: [IC] GMK Norse - Updated Colors!
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 08:00:57 »
Hmm.. been asking my friends to fill out the IC form and all of the chose rune monolegends, was pretty confident it was gonna be the majority. But since it was the complete opposite. Will rune monolegends be added as a choice separated from the base kit? Also because alpha monolegends is a choice separated from the base kit. Even if it's not included with the base kit I'd love to have the option to get the rune monos separately. I really feel it goes with the whole norse theme.
I would love for there to be an option for rune monos and subs too. It would have to have more interest. About 300 people chose rune monos, you can't assume that every single one of those people will buy. 550 people chose rune subs so there's a greater percentage of people from that group buying in. In reality both are going to have high a MoQ so there's always one won't make the cut.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline Skok

« Reply #251 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 08:04:51 »
I'm glad the sublegends are more popular as thats what I prefer but just wondering if the size of the sublegends will be the same as the Latin Characters like in the new render? I think it looked a bit better in the previous render where they were slightly smaller.

Also do you have a photo of the modifier colour wheel? would be interested to see what it looks like

Show Image

Yeah they may need to be made a little bit smaller. I've tried taking pictures of thr RAL on my s10 but I just can't get it to match what I see in real life even after some color editing. I dont want to post a picture of it that ends up being misleading because it doesn't even represent what the color actually looks like.

Offline Skok

« Reply #252 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 08:07:32 »
Sublegends are a dealbreaker for me. GL!

Hopefully we'll see rune mono legends in KAT soon.
I'm sad to hear that but I completely understand. Monos are my choice too and I suprised that the interest just isn't too high for it. Stick around though because things can always change.

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #253 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 08:14:15 »
Yikes, looks so cluttered now that its sub legend. A separate mono runes would make it a must buy for me!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 09:46:24 »
Dear Skok: Would you add a 1! key to the Norde set? It would be pair with the separated alpha set to make an international stand-alone international alpha set to mix and match with other mods.

Offline Techichi

« Reply #255 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 09:53:56 »
Yikes, looks so cluttered now that its sub legend. A separate mono runes would make it a must buy for me!

Same here. Although it doesn't look good.  :(

I wish Skok the best with his set though. I'll continue to watch in hopes for a mono rune set. 🤞

Edit: I'm still in for that sick desk mat though!

Offline FootFingers

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 10:12:04 »
Were the mono legends removed? I was still really interested in those.

Offline Skok

« Reply #257 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 10:21:14 »
Were the mono legends removed? I was still really interested in those.
I'll post some renders with the new colors tomorrow. I was updating everything at like 2am.

Offline Skok

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 10:23:08 »

I wish Skok the best with his set though. I'll continue to watch in hopes for a mono rune set.

Everyone is saying subs don't look good but its still the greater majority by a mile on the google form responses which is best way for me gage interest from the community. This is where my confusion stems from. As mentioned before I will be posting mono renders with the updated colors tomorrow.

Offline FootFingers

« Reply #259 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 14:44:25 »
Update: Looks like it was - hopefully Norse Alphas will be released as an extra option.

Offline FootFingers

« Reply #260 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 14:47:45 »

I wish Skok the best with his set though. I'll continue to watch in hopes for a mono rune set.

Everyone is saying subs don't look good but its still the greater majority by a mile on the google form responses which is best way for me gage interest from the community. This is where my confusion stems from. As mentioned before I will be posting mono renders with the updated colors tomorrow.

Thanks for taking a look, even if the mono legends were an additional set of alphas I think many would be interested. Best of luck with it, and looking forward to the renders.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #261 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 15:02:24 »
Great colours.  Loving this set the more it progresses.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Skok

« Reply #262 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 15:41:06 »

Thanks for taking a look, even if the mono legends were an additional set of alphas I think many would be interested. Best of luck with it, and looking forward to the renders.
Yeah I'm assuming moq would be 250 for both sets but then it would be 52 new molds for the alphas so the price would probably be pretty high. But I dont want to rule anything out yet. Hence why I said for now Monos won't be favored unless more people show interest.

Offline Skok

« Reply #263 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 15:42:30 »
Great colours.  Loving this set the more it progresses.
Thank you. With each iteration it slowly feels closer and closer to a finished product. Epsecially now that I did some color matching.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 15:46:32 »
Any chance of changing the keyset colors to the colors that were used in the old renders? Those colors were so awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Skok

« Reply #265 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 16:25:24 »
Any chance of changing the keyset colors to the colors that were used in the old renders? Those colors were so awesome

I assume ur talking about the blue mods. Believe it or not its based on RAL 220 20 20 instead of 220 20 10 which is the original I intended. When I got the RAL design book in person I realized 20 10 was way too dark so I chose 20 20 which is a really nice indigo color. There really isn't any RAL equivalent that I like for the mods that matches the original renders. They are either to bright or too blue. Hope that clears things up.

Offline Skok

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 16:29:39 »

Edit: it is also a bit lighter in real life than in renders I'll work to fix that tomorrow as well

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #267 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 17:05:08 »

Edit: it is also a bit lighter in real life than in renders I'll work to fix that tomorrow as well

Oh cool I was hoping for a lighter color . Guess I was complaining for nothing .

Offline Skok

« Reply #268 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 17:25:46 »

Oh cool I was hoping for a lighter color . Guess I was complaining for nothing .

Its really hard to even figure out what color it should be when i have a swatch in front of me. I was looking at it in daylight but its always gonna be different depending on time of day and clouds among other things. It took me a while. In real life it isnt as dark and is less blue.

Offline kisx

« Reply #269 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 17:28:17 »
2 of my roommates from Japan said the sub legends make the set look like a Japanese or Chinese keyboard lol

Offline -bumblebee

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 18:49:52 »
If you feel like 220 20 20 is too dark it might be better to go to a 200 or 190 series color to get a lighter color without it being too blue. Ignore this if you're really happy with how 220 20 20 looks in person.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #271 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 19:24:55 »
Dear Skok: Would you add a 1! key to the Norde set? It would be pair with the separated alpha set to make an international stand-alone international alpha set to mix and match with other mods.

I am re-posting this in the hope to get an answer. I posted it when all the brag was about sublegends.

Offline Skok

« Reply #272 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 19:49:13 »

I am re-posting this in the hope to get an answer. I posted it when all the brag was about sublegends.
I'm confused by what you mean. How would adding the 1! help for international kits. I didnt respond before because it was the only one I was confused by and was gonna take a look after work.

Offline Jacki

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 20:45:58 »
Æ, Ø, Å Not in base set :( :(

[img width=267 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/in3VqH2.jpg[/img

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #274 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 00:00:10 »
Initially would have preferred sublegend. but this set should really have gone with the monolegend. It grew on me! now I like the mono more.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 04:25:22 »
I really love to get the set. But i wish ilumkb for the Asia Vendor. They are just cheaper and really have good aftersales.

Anyways do we have an ETA for the GB?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 10:32:51 »

I'm confused by what you mean. How would adding the 1! help for international kits. I didnt respond before because it was the only one I was confused by and was gonna take a look after work.

If you get the alpha set and the NordeUK one, they make a full alpha set for most European language layouts, but the 1! key would be missing. Therefore, adding this key would make the two kits joining a full one base alpha set. I hope this makes sense to you.

Offline Skok

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 16:14:12 »

If you get the alpha set and the NordeUK one, they make a full alpha set for most European language layouts, but the 1! key would be missing. Therefore, adding this key would make the two kits joining a full one base alpha set. I hope this makes sense to you.

Makes perfect sense now. Shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Skok

« Reply #278 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 16:16:08 »

Hey just getting back to you. I updated the renders to be more representative of the physical swatch in front of me. Not so blue anymore and closer to the original renders.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #279 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 16:17:20 »

Hey just getting back to you. I updated the renders to be more representative of the physical swatch in front of me. Not so blue anymore and closer to the original renders.

Offline MIXO Cables

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 22:18:06 »
if i can do a champagne gold push pull connector, then it works well with teal paracord, definitely one of the most nobel premium keycaps

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 08:29:07 »

Here's a list of keys that would be missing for each of the supported languages with the current kits:
  • Danish – 1!
  • German – 1!, 4$, 5%
  • Norwegian – 1!
  • Swedish/Finnish – 1!
  • English (UK) – most number and punctuation keys; not viable
Indeed, adding 1! would allow you to cover most Nordic layouts with the NorDeUK kit plus standalone Latin Alphas. For German you would be missing the 4$ and 5% keys, but you could make do with 4¤$ and 5%€ if you don't mind having one too many euro signs.

So all in all, I'd say that adding R1 1! to the NorDeUK kit is in fact a good idea.

Offline Maniac

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 10:48:34 »
Am I the only one seeing a 1! key in the base kit?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:34:01 »

The extra 1! key is for scenarios where you aren't buying the base kit. To quote ideus:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 18:40:43 »

There is one in the base, of course. But, adding one more 1! key in the NordUK kit, you may populate:

Base + NordUK + Alpha kits = One full TKL keyboard and One full alpha and number row set. Add your own set of modifiers to get two boards populated. NordUK + Alpha kits = One full alpha and number row set, add your modifiers, and you would have a full keyboard settled. It applies to Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, and German with some other Alt Gr sub legends.

I hope this explains the proposal. The additional cost would be around one and a half USD.

Offline jack47

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 08:44:03 »
Is there a discord to follow updates? And do you have a estimate of when the GB would start?

Offline KT-afk

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 09:55:51 »
Would it be possible to have ilumkb or monokei as a vendor as well? Zfrontier tends to be more expensive for SEA compared to others.

Offline kisx

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 06:05:25 »
Is there a discord to follow updates? And do you have a estimate of when the GB would start?
Would love to follow updates as well. Also anything new on novelties renders?

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 07:48:10 »
I hope GB date will be announced soon.

Offline babybjorn

« Reply #289 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 08:00:58 »

Same, any guesses OP for when this could hit?

Offline Skok

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 08:22:29 »
Would love to follow updates as well. Also anything new on novelties renders?

Not doing a discord, all updates are via the IC page. Progress has been slower because school has taken up pretty much all of my freetime and Its more important that I focus on that right now, but I definitely have still been working on it. Just haven't been able to get as much done as I've wanted to.

Offline Retne

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 15:44:51 »
Poked my head back in here to see how it was coming along and sad to see the sub-legends were the more popular.  Mono-legends was what I was interested in.  Not sure if I'm in for a set anymore even if the mono-legends are added as an extra.  Hopefully you eventually run this in KAT with mono-legends in the future.

Offline Skok

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 22:29:36 »
Poked my head back in here to see how it was coming along and sad to see the sub-legends were the more popular.  Mono-legends was what I was interested in.  Not sure if I'm in for a set anymore even if the mono-legends are added as an extra.  Hopefully you eventually run this in KAT with mono-legends in the future.

Sorry to hear that but I understand. Regarding Monos vs Subs its still not decided yet but I really am pushing for monos. Something I would need to discuss with some of my peers. As for KAT Norse, I think it would be sick but lets get through the first one eh. Thanks for the feedback

Offline Skok

« Reply #293 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 22:32:08 »

Same, any guesses OP for when this could hit?

Doing my best to keep things moving on this set, just have more important things at the moment. I'm still working on it weekly just not as much as I want due to school and such. Thank you for your continued interest and patience!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #294 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 16:24:53 »

Sorry to hear that but I understand. Regarding Monos vs Subs its still not decided yet but I really am pushing for monos. Something I would need to discuss with some of my peers. As for KAT Norse, I think it would be sick but lets get through the first one eh. Thanks for the feedback

I think it's just common sense, people use keycap to type so there must be alpha letter on it. For an expensive keycap set, they look for actual use. As long as you make sure alpha letters stay in base kit, it will sell.

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 17:46:59 »

I think it's just common sense, people use keycap to type so there must be alpha letter on it. For an expensive keycap set, they look for actual use. As long as you make sure alpha letters stay in base kit, it will sell.
Just looks cluttered to hell, and alphas are alphas. They retain their meaning for the most part

« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2020, 18:34:10 by VagueOrigin »

Offline jackrabbit

« Reply #296 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:05:53 »
Another vote for rune mono legends here. They are just far better looking than the cluttered alphas+subs.

I have a suspicion that a lot of those votes for sublegends were just people wanting to get english alphas without having to buy a separate kit, NOT necessarily that they thought sublegends looked better. If you made the base kit have mono english alphas like most other GMK sets, and just offered a rune mono legend kit separately, I think you would make people from both sides of that pie chart happy and sell like fire. Just my optimistic hunch though.

And for those who would be bummed at having to purchase another kit for those rune mono legends--if there wasn't enough interest to meet MoQ on a base kit with those rune monolegends, which would you choose: spending extra on a rune monolegends kit, or not having the option to get rune monolegends at all?
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:13:06 by jackrabbit »
"I like my keyboards thunderous and my plates stiff." -Maledicted

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #297 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 20:50:07 »
another vote for mono runic legends

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 21:55:23 »
Late to this but really love the color and the look of mono runic legends.
Hopefully the pricing and timing will be right for me

Offline Skok

« Reply #299 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 22:08:27 »
Another vote for rune mono legends here. They are just far better looking than the cluttered alphas+subs.

I have a suspicion that a lot of those votes for sublegends were just people wanting to get english alphas without having to buy a separate kit, NOT necessarily that they thought sublegends looked better. If you made the base kit have mono english alphas like most other GMK sets, and just offered a rune mono legend kit separately, I think you would make people from both sides of that pie chart happy and sell like fire. Just my optimistic hunch though.

And for those who would be bummed at having to purchase another kit for those rune mono legends--if there wasn't enough interest to meet MoQ on a base kit with those rune monolegends, which would you choose: spending extra on a rune monolegends kit, or not having the option to get rune monolegends at all?

This has always been a point of conflict for me. I really want to run this set with Monos first and foremost, without them the set loses its character for me. I don't think running this set with Latin alphas would be a good idea, firstly because it throws most of the hype for this set out the window and secondly I fear splitting out Monos will result in more people opting out of the set entirely. For now I'm going to focus on finish the other aspects regarding kits and Novs. Thanks for the feedback!