Author Topic: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE  (Read 227013 times)

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - Shipped to Keyclack and Proxies
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 15:50:28 »
I have tracking for the keys right now. I should have them by early next week.

Great news, thanks for the update :)
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #451 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 01:57:57 »

Fantastic news. I look forward to it. Thank you.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #452 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:00:32 »

Fantastic news. I look forward to it. Thank you.

Had delays with customs, but they arrive on Friday according to the tracking.

--

If you're in the EU, a package should be on it's way to mykeyboard.eu and I'll be coordinating with them to get the keys sent out. No cost is required on your end of course.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #453 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:22:34 »
Thanks for the update, jchan! If it arrives this week, I probably won't need an address change :thumb:

Offline johntron25

« Reply #454 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 15:10:43 »
When are the sets going to be shipped out to US buyers?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 18:35:02 »
Bump, has the package landed?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 23:13:21 »
Bump, has the package landed?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline AgonizedFish

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 01:29:08 »
Any updates? It's been a while since the sets were supposed to arrive based on the last update!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #458 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 03:34:45 »

Had delays with customs, but they arrive on Friday according to the tracking.

--

If you're in the EU, a package should be on it's way to mykeyboard.eu and I'll be coordinating with them to get the keys sent out. No cost is required on your end of course.

We would seriously appreciate an update, even if things have not arrived.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #459 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 13:10:44 »
UP
DATE
PLEASE

Offline Haxmuffin

« Reply #460 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 17:19:38 »
Have the keys arrived yet?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #461 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 18:17:20 »
Hey we're 20 days away from a year since this GB started.  The remaining caps were supposed to arrive two weeks ago "according to tracking", yet all I hear is a dying cricket.  Please Jchan, don't let the cricket die. 
keyboards.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #462 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 02:35:35 »
It certainly would be great to receive an update, even if it's bad news.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #463 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 14:34:11 »
+1, plz jchan

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #464 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 23:15:21 »
I hope everything is ok.  I have severe anxiety and if I was running something like this and something ended up going south I would probably curl up and lock myself in a room go silent let and my mental breakdown pass and then surface once everything was in order, but that's just me.. lol.  I give the GB holders credit for doing all of the hard work so we get to show off our new toys.

In all seriousness an update would be nice and is expected at this point. I did see a lot of new posts of SD a week or two back on /mk so I thought they had maybe shipped out or something.

I'd love to be able to post a picture of the set!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #465 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:18:50 »
Just an update to say that he's there... I ordered something off the site, and it got shipped pretty quickly.  Not sure what's going on with the update; I want to get an additional space bar kit, but can't do that until this is done and he puts the extras up on the store. :(

Offline Kavik

« Reply #466 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:21:24 »
Is the holdup just the missing Caps Lock for the colored legends?
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Haxmuffin

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 14:22:50 »
Is the holdup just the missing Caps Lock for the colored legends?

Colored stepped caps lock and stepped ctrl, yeah.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #468 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 13:23:18 »
I know this is a groupbuy and one should exercise patience but when are we allowed to panic? It seems that JChan is actually working and honoring purchases made through his site.

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #469 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:15:35 »
Ive sent a pm to jchan and asking for updates over at skype

Offline eldonw

« Reply #470 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 16:47:42 »
Anything?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #471 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:00:51 »
So now that dsa hydro is ready for launch, maybe we'll get some attention.. because clearly the priority was new product launches instead of shipping us our caps that were received over three weeks ago.

11 days shy of a year since gb start and I have nothing.   :confused:
keyboards.

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #472 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:19:50 »
Updates? Please?

Offline AgonizedFish

« Reply #473 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:50:27 »
So now that dsa hydro is ready for launch, maybe we'll get some attention.. because clearly the priority was new product launches instead of shipping us our caps that were received over three weeks ago.

11 days shy of a year since gb start and I have nothing.   :confused:

Yeah this is pretty sad, I'm normally one to be patient with group buys but it's been a long time with not even a single word. Especially since the last update was claiming that the caps were supposed to arrive to him that week...

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #474 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 09:56:30 »
It should be simple to post an update, even if it were bad news. We would appreciate a check-in, in the way it's simple to attend to a support ticket.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #475 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 10:20:49 »
Call him out on Reddit. It's the only way people have gotten his attention in the past.

His communication skills are extremely poor to say the least. No doubt he's going to come with some excuse how his cousin's neighbor's babysitter's puppy died and he had to deal with that for the last month and his entire world has been in disarray. 

It's been nothing but excuse after excuse with him.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #476 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 13:13:50 »
Just an update to say that he's there... I ordered something off the site, and it got shipped pretty quickly.  Not sure what's going on with the update; I want to get an additional space bar kit, but can't do that until this is done and he puts the extras up on the store. :(

I received my order a couple of days ago.  So no worries there, but unfortunately that doesn't tell anything other than he's around.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #477 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 16:49:30 »
Call him out on Reddit. It's the only way people have gotten his attention in the past.

His communication skills are extremely poor to say the least. No doubt he's going to come with some excuse how his cousin's neighbor's babysitter's puppy died and he had to deal with that for the last month and his entire world has been in disarray. 

+1

EDIT: It seems like someone already called out JChan about their Solarized Dark order https://old.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8dze4q/open_letter_to_jchan94_and_keyclack_its_been_over/
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 June 2018, 19:21:51 by johntron25 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #478 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 20:11:47 »

posting something like this on GH and then making a reddit post about it is a really easy way to get me to remove your thread

it breaks reddit's TOS

the other one only got locked cause he was quiet about it first
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline AgonizedFish

« Reply #479 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 21:37:21 »

posting something like this on GH and then making a reddit post about it is a really easy way to get me to remove your thread

it breaks reddit's TOS

Cool so there is no way to get any update or response from him then. Fantastic

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #480 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 21:53:58 »

it breaks reddit's TOS

So he won't respond here...you'll delete any posts on reddit...

Are people just supposed to twiddle their thumbs until jchan decides it's a good time for an update?

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 22:01:21 »

it breaks reddit's TOS

There are threads every now and then calling out Sentraq because his communication is pretty weak due to whatever mailing system he is using. A reddit thread usually gets him to respond right away because he sees it quicker. I've never seen you take that down for "breaking reddit's tos."

Why don't you point out what part of reddit's tos someone would be breaking for posting a thread, asking a vendor (yes, a vendor, not a person. Despite being a one man operation, KeyClack is a business) to provide an update? I must be missing something you're seeing because I sure couldn't find anything.

Or maybe you wanna come clean and say you're pulling that out of your ass and are abusing your power as a moderator to protect someone you consider a friend?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 22:05:47 »

it breaks reddit's TOS

That is not in violation of reddit TOS and is NOT birgading. Brigading requires a brigade. Brigading would be posting your reddit link here and telling everyone to go post there.

This is simply using a medium which isn’t visible to the person in question. Posting here doesn’t help because jchan doesn’t appear to be active here.

This buy was not run out of GH and was posted both here and reddit. There are likely participants who aren’t even on GH. It would be an abuse of power for you to remove someone for making a post like that. They are trying to seek support and have every right to do so.

If you can’t understand this you have no place being a moderator to begin with. Your role is to moderate equally and fairly. Not protect non responsive vendors or your friends.

Now I am not particularly worried as jchan has been shipping things when they are available which leads me to believe he still does not have the extra kits. I’m good at waiting. But not everyone is nor should they expect to be.

I can see what the benefit of deleting a post like that would be for jchan, but what would be the benefit for the rest of the community?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 00:10:34 »
i had a long discussion about this in the biggest reddit mod slack (not just r/mk mods), if you can make a post without personally attacking jchan then i wouldn't remove it

the problem is that all the times people have tried to do it (save the one, just barely), it personally attacks jchan

these aren't my rules, it's part of reddit's anti-bullying policy, so my hands are tied and i have to be strict on it

i've only ever talked to jchan like 3 times, and not at all within the last 8 months or so, when i thanked him for shipping my GMK soware set

posting offsite that you're going to make a personal attack is the problem, not brigading

i shouldn't have said anything, i never learn
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 00:33:53 »
i had a long discussion about this in the biggest reddit mod slack (not just r/mk mods), if you can make a post without personally attacking jchan then i wouldn't remove it

the problem is that all the times people have tried to do it (save the one, just barely), it personally attacks jchan

these aren't my rules, it's part of reddit's anti-bullying policy, so my hands are tied and i have to be strict on it

i've only ever talked to jchan like 3 times, and not at all within the last 8 months or so, when i thanked him for shipping my GMK soware set

posting offsite that you're going to make a personal attack is the problem, not brigading

i shouldn't have said anything, i never learn

How is asking for a status update a personal attack? Keyclack is a business. You cannot bully a business. Especially not one who has taken your money, not shipped long after the window and not provided an update. And especially not when the way you are “bullying” them is asking for an update or complaining about delays.

It not bullying when people complain about other business owners. It’s not bullying when people give business owners. No one gets banned for giving donald trump or Elon musk ****. Sure keyclack is tiny in comparison, but I fail to see how that warrants special treatment.

You are bending the rules to suit yourself. Anything fits the definition of bullying if you try hard enough.

Please explain what part of the other post was bullying? Specifically.

All it says is he hasn’t been able to reach jchan so he is posting in public, he lists what he bought, and asks for a refund. He doesn’t call jchan names, he doesn’t insult him. It even ends with a thank you as best regards.

In what world is that bullying?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 00:52:15 »
keyclack is a business but us drama-hungry keyboard nerds (i'd exempt myself from that group but we all know that's not true) can't seem to post about it without also ****ting on jchan, which is where the problem lies

the comparison to trump or musk is not a good one, since they're public figures and jchan is just a dude

no part of the other post was bullying, which is why i left it up, i said that

that's all you'll get on this from me

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 01:10:43 »

The best joke I've heard all day.

Wanna point out exactly what part of this is a personal attack?
>His communication skills are extremely poor
That's hardly a personal attack and that's about the most I can see you having an issue with this comment.

>save the one, just barely
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8dze4q/open_letter_to_jchan94_and_keyclack_its_been_over/
Here's the link so you don't need to search for it. Point out exactly what part of this letter is a personal attack and/or why it just barely passes.

He may be tagging /u/jchan94 but he is referring to him as the representative of the business Keyclack, which is literally the first thing in the post.

As seen below, the contact for Keyclack, the business, is none other than Jchan. How are you supposed to criticize Keyclack, as a business, without getting Jchan involved in some manner? You say they are personally attacking him. I say they are reaching out to the one and only contact person for the business.
197905-0
This is all public information so please no bull**** about witchhunting or spreading personal info.

no part of the other post was bullying, which is why i left it up, i said that

No, actually. You said save the one, just barely. Is it not bullying at all or just barely passing the line between bullying and not bullying?

jchan is just a dude

He's actually the president of the company Keyclack and, as such, needs to be held responsible for the mess he's created. Meanwhile, he's starting a new GB in ~15 hours and has time to respond immediately to support mail about items in stock at his web store.

i never learn

Yeah, no kidding.

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #487 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 01:24:37 »
Just got tracking!

Offline gutsack

« Reply #488 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 01:26:59 »

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 02:56:18 »
Got my tracking number too -- in a very unceremonious email :D
Looking forward to seeing them in person.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 06:19:51 »

Are people just supposed to twiddle their thumbs until jchan decides it's a good time for an update?

Is being politely persistent and trying to exhaust all other avenues of communication an option?

If that fails, yeah. Wait patiently. It's a group buy, it sucks that the new crowd around here seems to forget that. You have to wait. Don't buy into group buys if you don't understand that, ffs. Just wait for retail and buy it then.

Offline viridius

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 08:23:26 »
the comparison to trump or musk is not a good one, since they're public figures and jchan is just a dude

He is "just a dude" that runs a public facing business.  Within the keyboard community, he is a public figure.  No one forced him to put his real name on his emails, his website, or to use it as the basis of his public forum handle.  That was his choice.  I encourage you to take a trip over to https://www.keyclack.com/about before you tell us again that he's not a public figure.

Also, jchan has also proven quite capable of ignoring customer feedback, why do you feel the need to shield him from it?  If someone says something threatening, by all means moderate away, but you don't need to shield him from feedback or criticism.  You aren't helping the community or jchan by stepping in the middle of this.

Anyhow...the real reason I returned to this thread was to share with fellow group buy members that I received a tracking number from jchan late last night.  I hope everyone else receives their tracking soon as well.

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #492 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 08:58:14 »
So for those of us that received our base and modifier kits in March, will two stepped caps be sent automatically or will we need to do anything extra through Keyclack support?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 12:57:24 »

Is being politely persistent and trying to exhaust all other avenues of communication an option?

If that fails, yeah. Wait patiently. It's a group buy, it sucks that the new crowd around here seems to forget that. You have to wait. Don't buy into group buys if you don't understand that, ffs. Just wait for retail and buy it then.

This.  The definition and risks of GBs is being forgotten as people join for the shinys.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #494 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 13:14:30 »

This.  The definition and risks of GBs is being forgotten as people join for the shinys.

In general, I'd agree with both of you -- if we're still waiting on production then there's basically no point in hounding the group buy runner as in most cases they're just as clueless and bound to the same timeline as we, the consumers are. However in this case, we're talking about Solarized Dark's extra keys that supposedly arrived to jchan several weeks ago. Since then there has been no word from him.

It is not unreasonable to ask a vendor/group buy runner for updates on an item has been on-hand for weeks. No updates leaves everyone who hasn't received their set in a pretty awful place as it just seems like the vendor doesn't actually care for his customers at all. The fact of the matter is that poor communication skills has become a recurring theme with jchan (M65, MC Rebirth, etc) all the while spinning up new products that seem to immediately take precedence over the things he has already started.

I think most peoples' worries would be calmed with a simple, "hey guys, I'm sorry for once again dropping the ball with communication, here's what I plan to do moving forward, etc"

All of this would be avoided by just saying something.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #495 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 13:37:17 »
It's never good to avoid/ignore your customers, no matter what the hobby norms are.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #496 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 14:00:29 »

In general, I'd agree with both of you -- if we're still waiting on production then there's basically no point in hounding the group buy runner as in most cases they're just as clueless and bound to the same timeline as we, the consumers are. However in this case, we're talking about Solarized Dark's extra keys that supposedly arrived to jchan several weeks ago. Since then there has been no word from him.

It is not unreasonable to ask a vendor/group buy runner for updates on an item has been on-hand for weeks. No updates leaves everyone who hasn't received their set in a pretty awful place as it just seems like the vendor doesn't actually care for his customers at all. The fact of the matter is that poor communication skills has become a recurring theme with jchan (M65, MC Rebirth, etc) all the while spinning up new products that seem to immediately take precedence over the things he has already started.

I think most peoples' worries would be calmed with a simple, "hey guys, I'm sorry for once again dropping the ball with communication, here's what I plan to do moving forward, etc"

All of this would be avoided by just saying something.

Supposedly is the key word in that statement I'd think; we don't know that he's actually had them in possession.  That's no excuse, but I've seen it time and time again that people avoid confronting others with bad news afyer something has already gone wrong, hoping that the coming good news will be enough to offset it. I try to be persistent as pr0ximity said above, but not take it to the masses personally. But at the same time I also realize that others don't handle things in that same manner.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2018, 21:44:07 by chuckdee »

Offline gutsack

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 14:11:46 »
Got my tracking number too -- in a very unceremonious email :D
Looking forward to seeing them in person.

The other thing to keep in mind is that these tracking numbers we received are pre-shipment numbers. He has not actually shipped packages, just generated tracking. In the past, I've seen this as a way for group buy runners to extend their time even further by making it seem as if there's progress when there isn't actually anything happening. I hope that's not the case here, but temper expectations.

I'll ping the thread if/when my package is actually in transit.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 14:12:40 »
Be patient or impatient, let's not turn on each other fellas. It looks like orders are starting to get shipped out. Hooray!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #499 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 15:48:55 »
The fact of the matter is that poor communication skills has become a recurring theme with jchan (M65, MC Rebirth, etc) all the while spinning up new products that seem to immediately take precedence over the things he has already started.

That was already the case before this buy started, so it shouldn't come as any surprise in this buy. I bought in knowing full well how he operates, so I'm okay with letting his process run its course. To my knowledge people haven't been horribly scammed by him, he just takes his time.