Author Topic: HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's (V3 Shipping Soon)  (Read 98640 times)

Offline ryancopenhaver

Re: HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's (V2 Preorder LIVE - 24th Oct)
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 04:36:12 »
I am having the worst time trying to flash my firmware on this thing.

I want to use VIA, but it doesn't have a lot of capabilities I need for this PCB, and it only has 3 layers on VIA?

Anyways, I keep trying to flash it and I keep getting an error stating "Cannot open DFU device 0483:df11 No DFU capable USB device available."

I have purchased two of these PCBs: One through mechboards and another through NovelKeys, and both are having this issue.

Is there something that I'm missing? I even went to the Keebtalk discussion and went through dfu-util with the posted arguments and still getting this error. I have also attempted flashing through QMK Toolbox as well as the command line. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you hitting the button on the back before you flash it?  Either that or hold esc while you plug it in?
Yep, tried just about every combination on this thing. Kept following the instructions to RESET/FLASH by holding Esc while unplugged, then plugging in while holding Esc still to flash the PCB. Also tried holding the physical button on the back to flash, and even used  Fn +] for the RESET mapping from the layout that I can get in VIA. No success on any of those.

The weird thing is that when QMK Toolbox is running, it lists the PCB being in DFU mode. However, dfu-util - - list states that no DFU devices were found. Attempting to flash both ways shows the error above.

Normally, I'm pretty good with this stuff, but this one has me stumped. I've got $200 in PCBs that I can't use

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 04:50:28 »

I want to use VIA, but it doesn't have a lot of capabilities I need for this PCB, and it only has 3 layers on VIA?

Anyways, I keep trying to flash it and I keep getting an error stating "Cannot open DFU device 0483:df11 No DFU capable USB device available."

I have purchased two of these PCBs: One through mechboards and another through NovelKeys, and both are having this issue.

Is there something that I'm missing? I even went to the Keebtalk discussion and went through dfu-util with the posted arguments and still getting this error. I have also attempted flashing through QMK Toolbox as well as the command line. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Are you hitting the button on the back before you flash it?  Either that or hold esc while you plug it in?
Yep, tried just about every combination on this thing. Kept following the instructions to RESET/FLASH by holding Esc while unplugged, then plugging in while holding Esc still to flash the PCB. Also tried holding the physical button on the back to flash, and even used  Fn +] for the RESET mapping from the layout that I can get in VIA. No success on any of those.

The weird thing is that when QMK Toolbox is running, it lists the PCB being in DFU mode. However, dfu-util - - list states that no DFU devices were found. Attempting to flash both ways shows the error above.

Normally, I'm pretty good with this stuff, but this one has me stumped. I've got $200 in PCBs that I can't use

Hey Ryan, try this:
firstly download https://zadig.akeo.ie/
then put the keyboard in flashing mode
esc+usb thing
open zadig
from devices select STM32 BOOTLOADER
from driver select  libusbK
press reinstall driver
let it do its thing
now qmk toolbox should work as expected
This is an issue with windows 10 installing a slightly different variant of the libusb driver, literally by random chance
some pcs work straight away some don't

Offline ryancopenhaver

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:44:43 »

Hey Ryan, try this:
firstly download https://zadig.akeo.ie/
then put the keyboard in flashing mode
esc+usb thing
open zadig
from devices select STM32 BOOTLOADER
from driver select  libusbK
press reinstall driver
let it do its thing
now qmk toolbox should work as expected
This is an issue with windows 10 installing a slightly different variant of the libusb driver, literally by random chance
some pcs work straight away some don't
Brilliant...it works! I have successfully flashed on both PCBs with this solution.

It is always a driver issue for me. I should know this by now, but I greatly appreciate the both of you for reaching out and helping.

Thank you so much for solving my problem!

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 07:34:13 »
How can I enable the backlight of capslock as capslock indicator?

I found the option in the qmk firmware documentation but I don't know where to set it.

https://docs.qmk.fm/#/feature_backlight?id=configuration

Offline stanrc

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 08:33:03 »
The only way right now is to hardcode in the zeal60/rgb_backlight.c file.  You can see the way I did it here: https://github.com/stanrc85/qmk_firmware/blob/72252a2051e8a756487419b4aeb6ebaa1edc3299/keyboards/zeal60/rgb_backlight.c#L77

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 09:38:26 »
The only way right now is to hardcode in the zeal60/rgb_backlight.c file.  You can see the way I did it here: https://github.com/stanrc85/qmk_firmware/blob/72252a2051e8a756487419b4aeb6ebaa1edc3299/keyboards/zeal60/rgb_backlight.c#L77

Thank you. I than have to compile the firmware by myself?

Offline stanrc

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 10:50:25 »
Yeah unfortunately.  After that you could go back to using VIA since that won't affect it.

Offline Cee

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 10:54:39 »
Trying to find an ANSI board. Will they ever go back in stock?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 19:03:57 »
Trying to find an ANSI board. Will they ever go back in stock?

Check NovelKeys. We will be ordering more in the next couple of months with small changes (USB-C, glued connector, for example)

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 19:49:32 »
HS60 v3 on the roadmap? With more layouts maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ptiede

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 20:07:25 »
I ordered an HHKB HS60 from mechkeys.ca and still haven't received my board. I tried to private message you and mechkeys.ca and haven't gotten a reply yet. Where should I try to contact you to give my order number and such?
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 April 2019, 20:09:25 by ptiede »

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 04:18:28 »
I ordered an HHKB HS60 from mechkeys.ca and still haven't received my board. I tried to private message you and mechkeys.ca and haven't gotten a reply yet. Where should I try to contact you to give my order number and such?

Hmm that's weird - I haven't received any PM's from you that i can see. Email us at info@mechboards.co.uk and we'll try and sort it.
Cheers

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 07:28:24 »
Yeah unfortunately.  After that you could go back to using VIA since that won't affect it.

Is it possible to make the settings with help of this website?

https://kbfirmware.com/

Offline stanrc

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 07:34:08 »

No, I don't believe so.  That version of QMK is a few years out of date anyways. I could send you a bin file of the default keymap with the RGB changes you want and then you can use VIA to adjust the keymap easily.

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 07:53:12 »

No, I don't believe so.  That version of QMK is a few years out of date anyways. I could send you a bin file of the default keymap with the RGB changes you want and then you can use VIA to adjust the keymap easily.

This would be nice! Thank you.

Offline stanrc

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 08:21:43 »

This would be nice! Thank you.

Pm'ed

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 04:39:11 »
Is there any hope for next run?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 04:54:59 »

Getting more ANSI/HHKB sorted at the moment. Hopefully next month sometime.

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 07:54:41 »

Yepp, waiting for HHKB one, thanks for info.

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 08:37:49 »
Any chance of a WKL layout with 2u Backspace and split Right Shift? Basically, an HHKB with 2u Backspace.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:17:01 »

Glad to hear it.  I have 2 and I'm interested in picking up a third!

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 17:02:56 »
one of my led's doesn't do the RED color anymore. any tips on how I can fix it?

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 17:08:29 »
one of my led's doesn't do the RED color anymore. any tips on how I can fix it?

Reach out to Yiancar on Mechboards’ Discord.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #273 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 15:37:50 »
Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to save changes through the VIA configurator and save the keymap? I can change LED settings and save them and then unplug the keyboard and those are saved, but it never saves my keymap changes. All I want to do is set my esc key to actually function like an escape key.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 16:56:23 »
Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to save changes through the VIA configurator and save the keymap? I can change LED settings and save them and then unplug the keyboard and those are saved, but it never saves my keymap changes. All I want to do is set my esc key to actually function like an escape key.

Sounds like the same issue I was having.  You'll need to press the button on the back of the board and flash updated firmware.

The bin files are on this page to get it updated.

https://mechboards.co.uk/info-hs60/

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 17:16:50 »

Sounds like the same issue I was having.  You'll need to press the button on the back of the board and flash updated firmware.

The bin files are on this page to get it updated.

https://mechboards.co.uk/info-hs60/

Thanks for the help! I ended up flashing it through QMK and that worked fine. Nice to have a functioning board that's fully usable now!

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 09:29:56 »
I newley use a alu case with the pcb before I used an acrylic case.

When I now screw down the pcb to the case I have the problem that for example the spacebar is not working and also some other keys like 'f' 'g' and 'h'.
Also randomly some hex codes where printed if I use the control key on the left side.

Anyone with the same problem and a fix for me?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 09:41:02 »

When I now screw down the pcb to the case I have the problem that for example the spacebar is not working and also some other keys like 'f' 'g' and 'h'.
Also randomly some hex codes where printed if I use the control key on the left side.

You have a hotswap socket hitting one of the screw posts on the case.  Most likely the middle one or the one to the right of the space bar.  Cover those sections with some electrical tape before you screw it down. 

Offline Wickles

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 13:42:33 »

You have a hotswap socket hitting one of the screw posts on the case.  Most likely the middle one or the one to the right of the space bar.  Cover those sections with some electrical tape before you screw it down.

I had the same issue when I bought the V2 a while back. I ended up loosening the screws and everything worked perfectly so didn't need to use electrical tape.

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 09:39:23 »

Now the y, h, b and space key stopped completely working for me. Even when they are not in a case. I can not find anything on the back of the pcb that looks bad.
Any idea hot to fix this? I have already reset the pcb.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 10:30:38 »

Now the y, h, b and space key stopped completely working for me. Even when they are not in a case. I can not find anything on the back of the pcb that looks bad.

Diode out perhaps?  Can you attach a close up photo of the area?

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 02:07:19 »

Diode out perhaps?  Can you attach a close up photo of the area?

Sorry for the long response time.

Not working are:

D24
D25
D27
D32
and the one next to the whole for the screw

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 09:50:51 »
I'm going to guess that it's a bad diode.  Here's what I would try, though:

First, test the sockets. Take the PCB out of the case and connect it to the computer.  Use tweezers or something metal like a bent paper clip and bridge the two pads on the back (Orange 1 in photo).  Make sure you are connecting the flat pads that are on the PCB, and not just the socket arms.  Let us know if that works for any of the switches not functioning.  If that's the case, the hotswap sockets have just become desoldered from the pads under them.

Next, I would check the diodes on the board.  Connect the Cathode to the lower hotswap arm like the blue #2 in the photo.  Does it register?  Not sure of the diode polarity, so try a working switch and see what you get.  Might need to connect the other end.

Lastly... what is that green 3 pointing to?  It looks like it could be a screw that's very close to the processor.  Traces run out of that Atmel chip to the board.  Could have shorted/scratched something down there??

Start with these and see what you get.

230035-0

Offline Cee

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 18:38:25 »
Did you check the switches to make sure the pins aren't bent?

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 06:08:15 »
Pre-ordered HHKB v3 one. Are we still on track with mid-December?

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 08:05:11 »
Hey all.

Production is ongoing. It was expected to arrive to me around now but we're still a couple weeks away from a delivery. They'll arrive very early in the new year. Sorry about the delays.

Thanks

David

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
Re: HS60 PCB - Hotswap 60% with SMD RGB LED's (V3 Shipping Soon)
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 08:17:42 »
HS60's are flying to the UK now.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 09:33:44 »
Picking up tonight - starting to pack as of tomorrow

Offline dhb82

« Reply #288 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 18:35:55 »
Something is wrong with my caps lock. Its moved 1-2 mm to the left of the other keys. Its bumping the edge of the case as you can see in the image. Also the left shift and the <> key is hitting each other. Anyone else who have this problem with ISO PCB?
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 January 2020, 13:01:03 by dhb82 »

Offline sako

« Reply #289 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 07:13:12 »
Posting this in case it helps someone with the same problem
I got a HS60 v3 and fried it after less than 3 days because I was using a metal case without proper insulation between standoffs and PCB. The whole 6/Y/H/B/spacebar column was dead. Resetting the board did not help.

I revived it using the following method

Image: https://imgur.com/a/EyW89hc

- Take a multimeter. Looking at the pcb on the bottom side, make sure there is continuity between the RIGHT socket of each key in the dead column and the old pin (3rd pin on the top left of the chip, see image). If there is continuity, it means the pin is fried. If there is no continuity, you have a different issue, like a scratched trace somewhere.
- Solder a short wire from the RIGHT pad of the spacebar socket to the exposed A6 pin hole (see image). Check with the multimeter for continuity between all the RIGHT socket of each key in the dead column to the new pin.
- Using a very sharp xacto cutter VERY CAREFULLY cut the trace from the column to the old pin. This took me a while to find, and I think the best place to cut is (see image) right after the via hole near the spacebar socket. Scratch on top of the trace and expose some of the copper, then test for continuity with the old pin, just to make sure you're cutting the right trace. Then keep going with the cutter until there is no more continuity to the old pin.
- Download the qmk_firmware repo and open this file -> keyboards/hs60/v2/ansi/config.h
- change the line
Code: [Select]
#define MATRIX_COL_PINS { A13, A10, A9, A14, A15, B8, B9, C13, C14, C15, A0, A1, A2, A3 }and change B9 to A6.
- Flash firmware on the board. FYI this is done from the root of the qmk_firmware directory and executing "make hs60/v2/ansi:via:dfu-util"

Btw I have the v3 ANSI version. The traces might be different on ISO and HHKB versions

Offline Actualize

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 06:45:14 »
WoW this is such a cool PCB... hope OP will make 75%/80% hot swap PCB soon

Offline deadarsch

« Reply #291 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 12:05:03 »
Hey guys, I am having a weird problem but I don't know what causes it. HS60 V3. I flashed it on my Macbook with QMK ToolBox and it worked flawlessly on MacOS. When the keyboard it connected to my PC, it doesn't even show up in the device manager. (USB cable directly to the back of the motherboard).
After flashing it on PC with QMK ToolBox it worked, keyboard showed up in device manager as HID device (also after rebooting), as long as I don't pull out the cable and reconnect it, because once the cable is disconnected, it totally disappeared, even booting the PC with the keyboard connected doesn't work.
I think the problem is in windows, but I have no idea what it is.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 12:53:58 »
Hey guys, I am having a weird problem but I don't know what causes it. HS60 V3. I flashed it on my Macbook with QMK ToolBox and it worked flawlessly on MacOS. When the keyboard it connected to my PC, it doesn't even show up in the device manager. (USB cable directly to the back of the motherboard).
After flashing it on PC with QMK ToolBox it worked, keyboard showed up in device manager as HID device (also after rebooting), as long as I don't pull out the cable and reconnect it, because once the cable is disconnected, it totally disappeared, even booting the PC with the keyboard connected doesn't work.
I think the problem is in windows, but I have no idea what it is.

You're going directly into the computer?  No usb hub or monitor pass through?  I can't tell you how many times I thought I fried a PCB only to find out it was windows deciding not to pass data through one of my hubs.  Sometimes they work fine.  Sometimes they don't.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #293 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 13:14:37 »
Also, have you programmed it with VIA.  It's super easy and intuitive.  It's my favorite feature of the HS60:

https://caniusevia.com/

flash the firmware from here with QMK toolbox:
https://caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware

Look for your HS60 on the list.  I don't know if you use HHKB, ANSI or ISO

Offline Cee

« Reply #294 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 20:38:15 »
Does the HHKB layout support tsangan bottom row?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 21:04:33 »
Does the HHKB layout support tsangan bottom row?

Certainly appears to.  But I'm only going of render photos shown here:
https://dailyclack.com/products/hs60-pcb

236371-0

Offline delvix

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 09:50:44 »
Couldn't figure out how to flash my board with QMK like I have done in the past so I downloaded and used VIA for the first time. It's pretty great! A lot simpler to use than QMK. However is it not possible to use  the LT() keycode in VIA? Eg. I want my delete key to be delete when tapped but open layer 2 when held. Is that possible in VIA? I can't seem to figure it out.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #297 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 10:35:36 »
Couldn't figure out how to flash my board with QMK like I have done in the past so I downloaded and used VIA for the first time. It's pretty great! A lot simpler to use than QMK. However is it not possible to use  the LT() keycode in VIA? Eg. I want my delete key to be delete when tapped but open layer 2 when held. Is that possible in VIA? I can't seem to figure it out.

Go to the "Special" tab and select the "Any" key.  This allows you to type in any qmk function on that key.

After you choose "Any" for the delete, you'll have to click on that key in the VIA GUI and type in:
LT(2, KC_DELETE)

You can see I use it for going to layer 1 on hold or caps lock on tap for my layout.

262482-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2021, 10:38:37 by pixelpusher »

Offline delvix

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 15:24:31 »

Go to the "Special" tab and select the "Any" key.  This allows you to type in any qmk function on that key.

After you choose "Any" for the delete, you'll have to click on that key in the VIA GUI and type in:
LT(2, KC_DELETE)

You can see I use it for going to layer 1 on hold or caps lock on tap for my layout.

(Attachment Link)

Ah that worked perfectly thank you so much!

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 19:02:00 »
Small notice - HS60's will be restocked on the website tomorrow at 11 BST.