Author Topic: Covid Hairloss  (Read 4523 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Covid Hairloss
« on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 07:13:10 »
Apparently it's a real Post-Covid symptom,  can fall out in clumps //Gasp..

/Social Distancing Incentive Intensifies. 

Offline captain

Re: Covid Hairloss
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 07:14:54 »
There are myriad terrifying after effects that are lost in the “death count” fear. Since the outset, I’ve been much more concerned about permanent organ damage: heart, lungs, liver, kidney, and especially brain.

Tapatalk steals money then adds ads back in and demands more money! 
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 09:05:28 »
There are myriad terrifying after effects that are lost in the “death count” fear. Since the outset, I’ve been much more concerned about permanent organ damage: heart, lungs, liver, kidney, and especially brain.

Yeah, longer term effects of SARS have been scary, there's no reason to think that COVID-19 will be any different.

I've seen this posted a few times, care to explain?
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline captain

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 09:20:21 »
I paid for the “full version, no ads, ever!” Tapatalk, then decided they didn’t like that business model, so they would just change it, contracts be damned, and put ads back in, and then demand a “monthly subscription fee” to remove the ads again!  ****ing scumbags!

Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 18:10:38 »
They went subscription model. I don’t like it too but somebody gotta eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 03:52:35 »
I don't personally find £12 a year that bad, compared to most things, for a lack of ads in an app I use a lot. I pay about the same for Appolo to browse Reddit.

I can understand feeling butthurt if they told you you had lifetime status and then reneged, though. I bought lifetime membership to LingoDeer for learning Japanese and have kept that over two subscription model changes. That said, we're talking about a fair bit more money than TT charged for their lifetime membership there, but you could also argue that that isn't the point.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline captain

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 08:54:34 »
I can understand feeling butthurt if they told you you had lifetime status and then reneged, though.

Exactly. There’s nothing more important to character than keeping your word.
If Tapatalk wants to renege, I will offer them a one time contract-escape for $1k, otherwise those ****tard‘s need to just honor the goddamned contract, and give us people who BUILT the ****ing company by buying their product, on the lifetime subscriber model, and milk the rest of you fools.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 06:15:56 »
Even women are reporting hairloss due to covid .. Yipp

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 11:44:08 »
I paid for the “full version, no ads, ever!” Tapatalk, then decided they didn’t like that business model, so they would just change it, contracts be damned, and put ads back in, and then demand a “monthly subscription fee” to remove the ads again!  ****ing scumbags!

I have seen this posted on here a few times. Are you using android? It has been a long time, but I have had great luck using Lucky Patcher to strip ads out of apps. With a business like that, I would say that they deserve to lose all of their ad revenue for business practices like that.

Just posting a quick comment on a Youtube video on a stupid phone is irritating enough to me. Using a phone at all for forum navigation and communication would probably make me bust out a sledgehammer to obliterate my phone with within an hour.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 20:36:44 »
telogen effluvium,   where the body diverts energy from -Hair- during traumatic/ biologically stressful events.

HOWEVER, because Covid often causes LONG-Hauler symptoms and debilitation,  the Hairloss may become Chronic OR PERMANENT.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 21:03:41 »
telogen effluvium,   where the body diverts energy from -Hair- during traumatic/ biologically stressful events.

HOWEVER, because Covid often causes LONG-Hauler symptoms and debilitation,  the Hairloss may become Chronic OR PERMANENT.

Cool. So, we can all become like Agent 47.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 15:12:24 »
Pop those collagen peptides

Offline Bitdrive

• * Maker
  • Sup I’m new and takin a look around
    • @bitdrive Instagram
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 20:30:14 »
Oh yes sadly this is real, my father caught it a couple weeks ago and after he got through it he complained about his hair thinning out, with all of th de wierd and possible side effect of COVID even more reason to just stay safe everyone