Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 773214 times)

Offline Data

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1900 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 01:55:52 »
Received my dark gray Exent today.  No cracks in the PC.  Anodizing is at least as good as the photos -- with indoor light anyway.  All of my RGB LEDs came on bright green out of the box, so I assume that's a good sign.  I'll still plan to check the other colors when I do the final assembly.

Like many, I'm also missing the stabilizers I paid for.  So hoping there's more to come on that...  But for the moment, counting my blessings.   :-[

How do you like the color on the grey? I have been anxious about their moving to a much darker looking grey being too close to black. Are you happy with the color/shade?
Yeah.  Honestly, it's good.  It's not as dark as those last few photos.  There's definitely no mistaking it for black.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #1901 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 03:22:26 »
Yeah.  Honestly, it's good.  It's not as dark as those last few photos.  There's definitely no mistaking it for black.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

That makes me feel better, thanks Data.

I'm bummed to hear so many people are missing stabs, but am sure that will be an easier correct than some of the cracked polys/dead LEDs

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1902 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 07:25:17 »

Cody and I got into it on 12/25. At the risk of being accused of slander (again), clearly those responsible for this GB are aware of the issues and choosing not to respond.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1903 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 08:10:45 »
I don't know how everyone else feels but this stalkerish vibe being passed on is making me a little uncomfortable at this point and I'm not even remotely involved in it - I was one of the first ones to scold the GB runners for doing a poor job of communicating but lately it's getting harder and harder to side with the customer in general (even though I am one myself), I really hope I get my shipment sent out soon so I can just ignore the fact this abomination of a thread exists.

I mean no disrespect and I understand the frustration that has built up but digging people's online status and doing **** like this is more telling of one's personality than it is of the GB runners. Just my opinion. If we wanna continue roleplaying as the crazy girlfriend that followed you at night and took pictures of you paying the girl at the gas station and then demanded an explanation or that asked "who's Becky" in a degrading tone when you answer a work call then by all means do continue, I guess I'll have to eat it up until my stuff ships.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1904 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 08:20:18 »
I don't know how everyone else feels but this stalkerish vibe being passed on is making me a little uncomfortable at this point and I'm not even remotely involved in it - I was one of the first ones to scold the GB runners for doing a poor job of communicating but lately it's getting harder and harder to side with the customer in general (even though I am one myself), I really hope I get my shipment sent out soon so I can just ignore the fact this abomination of a thread exists.

I mean no disrespect and I understand the frustration that has built up but digging people's online status and doing **** like this is more telling of one's personality than it is of the GB runners. Just my opinion. If we wanna continue roleplaying as the crazy girlfriend that followed you at night and took pictures of you paying the girl at the gas station and then demanded an explanation or that asked "who's Becky" in a degrading tone when you answer a work call then by all means do continue, I guess I'll have to eat it up until my stuff ships.

Well, for your sake I hope your shipment is complete and undamaged so you don't have to endure the frustration of:

1) Complete disregard for your issues (keep in mind, all I asked for was an acknowledgement of them owing me stabs and that they would be sent with my replacement bottom)

2) Having a GB runner/volunteer/friend lay into you over "slandering" them, when the comment was clearly written to address the GB runners en masse.

The flip side to all this is, none of this would be necessary if Juahenza and Yuktsi would behave like adults and handle their obligations in a reasonable manner.

Offline mike873

« Reply #1905 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 09:52:23 »
OMG, I got a tracking number!!! I don’t know how to use it, but I do have it.

Hopefully won’t get stuck in customs too long. It might even arrive in the same timeframe as the switches.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1906 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 11:29:44 »
Vigrith I think it's pretty insulting that the leadership comes on to geekhack, browses around doing whatever they do, and then choose not to respond either in this thread or to PMs. They should absolutely be held accountable for that. I consider what they are doing a total offense to the community.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1907 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 11:56:48 »
Guys let's drop this "Who's online today" thing. Same thing happened in the summer and its happening now too. Can't do much now except wait for the shipping to be over and see what the runners have in their minds about broken and missing stuff.

Offline Gettys

« Reply #1908 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 15:53:56 »
So, got my tracking number today which is nice.  I'll keep you guys updated on how my package arrived and if the brass plate was included (hopefully it is, since that's what i paid for).  Hope everyone had a good Christmas and have a great new years!

« Reply #1909 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 16:12:16 »
I really love the Exent and can't wait to get mine. I'm really sad to think the creative team behind this might not work on any future projects because of the ****ty experience they have had with backers on this thread. If you have aired a grievance then assume it's been seen, and if you didn't get a response, assume there is a reason, there isn't anything you can do about it at this point but wait.

Everyone has made their side abundantly clear on the situation and it clearly isn't making a difference, so maybe it's time to just wait and see what happens and stop filling this thread with more of the same tired crap.

Everyone agrees it sucks, saying it over and over again isn't a solution. Stalking the parties involved isn't going to help. And complaining repeatedly about the issue you have isn't going to fix it.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1910 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 16:17:51 »
I really love the Exent and can't wait to get mine. I'm really sad to think the creative team behind this might not work on any future projects because of the ****ty experience they have had with backers on this thread. If you have aired a grievance then assume it's been seen, and if you didn't get a response, assume there is a reason, there isn't anything you can do about it at this point but wait.

Everyone has made their side abundantly clear on the situation and it clearly isn't making a difference, so maybe it's time to just wait and see what happens and stop filling this thread with more of the same tired crap.

Everyone agrees it sucks, saying it over and over again isn't a solution. Stalking the parties involved isn't going to help. And complaining repeatedly about the issue you have isn't going to fix it.

The ****ty experience they've had? Oh boo ****ing hoo. No sympathy from me.

Maybe they would've had a better experience if they could do their ****ing job.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 December 2017, 16:19:39 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1911 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 16:30:32 »
Vigrith I think it's pretty insulting that the leadership comes on to geekhack, browses around doing whatever they do, and then choose not to respond either in this thread or to PMs. They should absolutely be held accountable for that. I consider what they are doing a total offense to the community.

I don't feel insulted but I do agree it is relatively disrespectful. However, there is a difference between holding them accountable and publicly admitting/proudly displaying what is basically stalking at this point. Just because they mistreated you does not mean you should mistreat them, obviously that is not a moral policy you agree with as has been made abundantly clear throughout the thread but it's still not the right thing to do.

Cody has stated most of them are currently away with their families till the coming week and that we'll have information at that time, browsing around on one's phone is different from delving into the pits of hell (which admittedly, for the better part, they have created) to deal with customer complaints and demands for updates.

« Reply #1912 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 16:46:02 »
Oh boo ****ing hoo. No sympathy from me.

I know you're super upset, you really have made that crystal clear, but you have got to be exhausted repeating yourself at this point. And to be clear, I do think a lot of your perspective has been justified time and time again, but you seem hell bent on bringing it up every chance.

Frankly, being respected as a customer by someone I don't know is less important to me than getting cool things like the Exent. So I hope they will continue to make awesome products despite not being great at the customer service thing.

Offline demorior

« Reply #1913 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 16:52:13 »

The ****ty experience they've had? Oh boo ****ing hoo. No sympathy from me.

Maybe they would've had a better experience if they could do their ****ing job.
all the creative backers did their job. it's the GB runners who haven't.

Offline Data

« Reply #1914 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 00:44:11 »
If you didn't receive screws for the steel foot, check the outside of your shipping box.

Apparently some of our orders had the screws taped to the outside.  Mine presumably escaped their plastic & tape prison in transit and someone actually bothered to come along afterward and put more tape over the (now) empty bag.  That was awfully nice of them!

The list of crazy **** that happened in this GB just keeps growing at every turn.  All I can do is laugh.  :))

Full disclosure: The team has assured me in private that they will replace the missing screws.  This is merely a public service announcement.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 December 2017, 00:46:44 by Data »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1915 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 01:25:31 »
If you didn't receive screws for the steel foot, check the outside of your shipping box.

Show Image

Apparently some of our orders had the screws taped to the outside.  Mine presumably escaped their plastic & tape prison in transit and someone actually bothered to come along afterward and put more tape over the (now) empty bag.  That was awfully nice of them!

The list of crazy **** that happened in this GB just keeps growing at every turn.  All I can do is laugh.  :))

Full disclosure: The team has assured me in private that they will replace the missing screws.  This is merely a public service announcement.

It always amazes me the effort they will go to patch up the packaging regardless of how destroyed something is. Half the box could be shredded and they will paper mache that **** back together and coat it with a nice thick tape skin.

Skewer something with a fork lift? Just needs some tape.

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #1916 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 10:21:43 »
I bought the premium kit, still not get any tracking number, is this normal?

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1917 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 10:22:43 »

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline baphotmet

« Reply #1918 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 10:24:42 »

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply!

Offline chromatically

« Reply #1919 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 15:06:06 »
Still waiting on basic kit with brass plate / black aluminum bottom... what's the status of the alu bottoms? This has been a dumpster fire of a GB, and it'll probably be the last I go in on with any of the T.A.R.O. name on it...

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1920 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 15:23:55 »
Still waiting on basic kit with brass plate / black aluminum bottom... what's the status of the alu bottoms? This has been a dumpster fire of a GB, and it'll probably be the last I go in on with any of the T.A.R.O. name on it...

I’ll try to post a meaningful update as soon as I get brought up to speed, but this will likely only happen next week as the GB leaders are currently off on holiday with their families.

Until then, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1921 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 21:00:07 »

It is my understanding that the aluminum bottoms have been milled and are waiting for anodization.  I ordered the aluminum bottom as well and I don't expect a tracking number for at least a few more weeks.

Have a Happy New Year all!  Take a deep breath and relax a bit.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1922 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 21:03:09 »

It is my understanding that the aluminum bottoms have been milled and are waiting for anodization.  I ordered the aluminum bottom as well and I don't expect a tracking number for at least a few more weeks.

yutski's anodizer is notoriously delayed

they have several very large clients (that you've definitely heard of), so those jobs often get priority over random ass keyboard parts

but it will come
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline chromatically

« Reply #1923 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 22:52:31 »

Oh I'm perfectly calm, I just think it's weird what people will deal with on geekhack but then also harp on massdrop or others whenever minor delays happen (and they're minor compared to what's happened here). To me the lack of communication from the GB runners to the community/individuals probably also happens between the GB runners themselves and it shows given the many orders missing stabs or screws, broken polycarb, or bad anno or who knows what we haven't seen yet. I understand things go south sometimes but I've not seen it on this level nearly ubiquitous across all orders, and I'm afraid something will be wrong with my board/order and I won't have any resolution to it since it will probably be out of the paypal time window to do that. I hope I'm wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

« Reply #1924 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 00:05:35 »
I just think it's weird what people will deal with on geekhack

Have you been reading this thread? This has become one of the most toxic GB threads I've seen because people are not dealing. Your sentiment is months behind the curve here.

Offline chromatically

« Reply #1925 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 01:07:32 »
I just think it's weird what people will deal with on geekhack

Have you been reading this thread? This has become one of the most toxic GB threads I've seen because people are not dealing. Your sentiment is months behind the curve here.

Yeah, and I've seen a lot of people giving more slack than they should be and being apologetic, like you, saying the GB runners are suffering having a bad experience lol. Yeah, they're suffering alright, from a lack of responsibility and experience. I'm not trying to be an ******* here but beating around the bush and not being honest doesn't help anyone. I'm hopeful they can improve from a lot of the criticisms other people have brought up, but I guess we'll see after the new year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

« Reply #1926 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 01:49:43 »
Yeah, and I've seen a lot of people giving more slack than they should be and being apologetic, like you, saying the GB runners are suffering having a bad experience lol. Yeah, they're suffering alright, from a lack of responsibility and experience. I'm not trying to be an ******* here but beating around the bush and not being honest doesn't help anyone. I'm hopeful they can improve from a lot of the criticisms other people have brought up, but I guess we'll see after the new year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had a whole post written out and decided it was pointless, rude and antagonistic.

The truth is, they are doing something cool for us by making this board, and we are acting like petulant children because they aren't doing what we want when we want it. They will give you a refund, you have a completely scot-free out, you are choosing not to take it, and in choosing that you are agreeing to bad communication and delays by deciding to stay in and not have 100% of your money back no questions asked. Would it be nice if there was better communication and no delays? Sure, of course it would. But that's not the case, so you either take you refund, or accept that there are going to be continued delays and ****ty communication. Because there are going to continue to be both, whether you think that's ok or not.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1927 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 09:25:53 »
They will give you a refund, you have a completely scot-free out, you are choosing not to take it, and in choosing that you are agreeing to bad communication and delays by deciding to stay in and not have 100% of your money back no questions asked.

I'm curious why you think this is the case, when they won't refund me $6.

« Last Edit: Sun, 31 December 2017, 09:28:51 by TerryMathews »

Offline demorior

« Reply #1928 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 09:29:35 »

I had a whole post written out and decided it was pointless, rude and antagonistic.

The truth is, they are doing something cool for us by making this board, and we are acting like petulant children because they aren't doing what we want when we want it. They will give you a refund, you have a completely scot-free out, you are choosing not to take it, and in choosing that you are agreeing to bad communication and delays by deciding to stay in and not have 100% of your money back no questions asked. Would it be nice if there was better communication and no delays? Sure, of course it would. But that's not the case, so you either take you refund, or accept that there are going to be continued delays and ****ty communication. Because there are going to continue to be both, whether you think that's ok or not.
yeah where's this refund option cause if it's available sign me up

Offline Traveler

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1929 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 11:25:35 »
They will give you a refund, you have a completely scot-free out, you are choosing not to take it, and in choosing that you are agreeing to bad communication and delays by deciding to stay in and not have 100% of your money back no questions asked.

It's hard to start a refund process when the runners won't even talk to us. I haven't seen anything about a refund process, and I personally doubt there is one. They would lose thousands of dollars due to the amount of people who would jump on getting their money back. And this GB has gone on for so long that we're likely outside the PayPal dispute window (admittedly I'm not sure of that though). So we're in it for the long haul, which hopefully won't be terribly longer.

Offline demorior

« Reply #1930 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 11:28:39 »

It's hard to start a refund process when the runners won't even talk to us. I haven't seen anything about a refund process, and I personally doubt there is one. They would lose thousands of dollars due to the amount of people who would jump on getting their money back. And this GB has gone on for so long that we're likely outside the PayPal dispute window (admittedly I'm not sure of that though). So we're in it for the long haul, which hopefully won't be terribly longer.
this is correct. Paypal only has a 90 day window. i have no idea what dead pixel is talking about.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1931 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 11:41:41 »

this is correct. Paypal only has a 90 day window. i have no idea what dead pixel is talking about.

180 day window
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline demorior

« Reply #1932 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 11:47:15 »

180 day window
my mistake 180 days. safe to say we're quite a bit beyond that.

Offline chromatically

« Reply #1933 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 12:28:47 »

As others have said, this is nonsense. Been more than the 180 days to open a dispute so I have no idea where you're getting this unless you're now yet another person not involved with the GB making statements about the GB ala cody? I ended my post on a positive note and somehow you read between the lines I'm rage mode angry and want only a refund. Please re-read my post because I definitely said I only want one IF there's problems with my board, and that's a big if. I'm 99% all of the people in the group buy think the Exent is cool... that's why we're in it... but again, that doesn't mean you can ignore glaring issues. "pointless, rude, antagonistic"... next sentence, calls anyone criticizing a petulant child. Mhmm...

« Reply #1934 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 13:59:32 »
As others have said, this is nonsense. Been more than the 180 days to open a dispute so I have no idea where you're getting this unless you're now yet another person not involved with the GB making statements about the GB ala cody? I ended my post on a positive note and somehow you read between the lines I'm rage mode angry and want only a refund. Please re-read my post because I definitely said I only want one IF there's problems with my board, and that's a big if. I'm 99% all of the people in the group buy think the Exent is cool... that's why we're in it... but again, that doesn't mean you can ignore glaring issues. "pointless, rude, antagonistic"... next sentence, calls anyone criticizing a petulant child. Mhmm...

That was my non-antagonistic post, I toned that one down to be civil.

« Reply #1935 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:01:13 »

Back in the thread somewhere one of the runners offered refunds to anyone that wants one. But I don't so I don't care enough to look for it

Offline demorior

« Reply #1936 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:18:33 »

Back in the thread somewhere one of the runners offered refunds to anyone that wants one. But I don't so I don't care enough to look for it
searched the word "refund" in this thread. not a single GB runner has even used the word since the thread's beginning. i believe you are mistaken.

« Reply #1937 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:32:57 »
searched the word "refund" in this thread. not a single GB runner has even used the word since the thread's beginning. i believe you are mistaken.

I'm not.

Offline demorior

« Reply #1938 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:34:38 »

I'm not.
you are

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1939 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:38:36 »

I'm not.

I've been requesting a $6 refund for 3+ weeks. How wrong do you have to be in order to have some self-awareness?

« Reply #1940 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:40:30 »
I've been requesting a $6 refund for 3+ weeks. How wrong do you have to be in order to have some self-awareness?

Nobody cares about your $6. I'm talking about refunds offered for people who have not received anything yet. Do you seriously lack self-awareness so profoundly to think that your $6 is even remotely a priority right now?

Offline demorior

« Reply #1941 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:43:09 »

I'm not.

No body cares about your $6. I'm talking about refunds offered for people who have not received anything yet.
"no body cares"

dead pixel has been licking the GB runners boots since  at least August and offering absolutely nothing of value. i love his refutation of my claim that they've never offered a refund. it was essentially "nuh uh". the guy is definitely not intelligent.

« Reply #1942 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:47:13 »
dead pixel has been licking the GB runners boots since  at least August and offering absolutely nothing of value. i love his refutation of my claim that they've never offered a refund. it was essentially "nuh uh". the guy is definitely not intelligent.

Ah yes.. The ol' "I don't agree with you so you must be stupid" chestnut. And I have been licking boots since the first concept picture, this board is gorgeous and I can't wait to get one.

« Reply #1943 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:48:53 »
I've been requesting a $6 refund for 3+ weeks.

PM your paypal and I will send you $6 if that is a priority to you.

Offline demorior

« Reply #1944 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:51:03 »

Ah yes.. The ol' "I don't agree with you so you must be stupid" chestnut. And I have been licking boots since the first concept picture, this board is gorgeous and I can't wait to get one.
ah the ol' strawman chestnut. your stupidity has nothing to do with the disagreement. you make baseless claims and refuse to support them with facts. where's the refund offer from the GB runners?

« Reply #1945 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:57:14 »
ah the ol' strawman chestnut. your stupidity has nothing to do with the disagreement. you make baseless claims and refuse to support them with facts. where's the refund offer from the GB runners?

Not only do I not care enough to try and find it, I don't care enough to have any strong feelings about being right. I remember it, I think I'm right and I don't have to prove waste effort trying to prove it because it doesn't matter. At all. I'm not upset with the delays or lack of communication, I'm pretty content with this Group Buy.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 December 2017, 15:55:35 by dead_pixel_design »

Offline demorior

« Reply #1946 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 14:58:47 »

Not only do I not care enough to try and find it, I don't care enough to have any strong feelings about being right. I remember it, I think I'm right and I don't have to prove waste effort trying to prove it because it doesn't matter. At all. I'm not upset with the delays or lack of communication, I'm pretty content with this Group Buy.
lol what a cop out. pathetic.

« Reply #1947 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 15:05:13 »
lol what a cop out. pathetic.

Keeping it classy, demorer, love it.

Anyways, I still think that it makes sense to wait until shipping has finished before corrections are handled. Especially if more parts will need to be ordered, I'm looking at you cracked poly bottoms.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 December 2017, 15:54:51 by dead_pixel_design »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1948 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 15:35:57 »
I've been requesting a $6 refund for 3+ weeks.

PM your paypal and I will send you $6 if that is a priority to you.

Pm sent.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1949 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 15:53:24 »

Almost positive you are mixing up this GB with the m65a.