Author Topic: Alps Matias Removal tool  (Read 82481 times)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
Re: Alps Matias Removal tool
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 21:32:10 »
Aluminum removal tools avaliable - 3

25$ plus shipping. email me if interested! bishopcomputerdesign@gmail.com
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 March 2016, 21:38:02 by mrbishop »
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 21:36:10 »
PMed you since I didn't see an email.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 21:38:33 »
PMed you since I didn't see an email.

sorry about that i had my email in a previous post but this thread has gotten lengthily D:
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 06:54:14 »
all the tools have been shipped! orders so far that is. i still have 2 more aluminum ones to make hopefully starting tonight i can get one more done since new bits are coming in today. but i do still have ONE on hand 03-05. if you are interested please PM or email me.

as promised after I make the remaining tools i will open this project up to the community. thank you all for your help and support! its be super fun!!!
Projects

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 16:05:02 »
Hey I got my tool today and it fits in the fingers nicely.

Now I don't have much excuse for putting off my orange click-mod project for my next build .....
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 March 2016, 16:38:09 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 16:31:03 »
👍👍👍👍👍
Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 21:23:46 »
releasing the OS model a little early. i promised to cut 2 more of these if there is still interest. if not it will end here at 03-05. i have one that wasn't quite decent enough that i'll sell for half price if anyone's interested. it wont be numbered or engraved.

i'm going to leave this up till monday then lock the thread. a massive thank you to everyone involved.
even tho i'm throwing this thing out open source. i'll still be happy to cut more for people if people become interested. and i have materials to do so. if not will have to make a mini GB so buying materials makes sense to cut parts.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

https://grabcad.com/library/465042
Projects

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 21:29:29 »
releasing the OS model a little early. i promised to cut 2 more of these if there is still interest. if not it will end here at 03-05. i have one that wasn't quite decent enough that i'll sell for half price if anyone's interested. it wont be numbered or engraved.

i'm going to leave this up till monday then lock the thread. a massive thank you to everyone involved.
even tho i'm throwing this thing out open source. i'll still be happy to cut more for people if people become interested. and i have materials to do so. if not will have to make a mini GB so buying materials makes sense to cut parts.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I was holding off on buying one because I have the means to make my own so I figured I'd give everyone else a chance. But if you've still got some left to make I'll totally take an Alu one.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 10 March 2016, 10:22:13 »

All orders should now be shipped if you haven't received your item or no tracking updates please message me
Projects

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 13:50:05 »
Just got my aluminum tool today. Works exactly as advertised and I love the machining quality and engraving. Kinda reminds me of the engraving we see at work. Really stoked to have a quality tool :D

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 13:55:48 »
Just got my aluminum tool today. Works exactly as advertised and I love the machining quality and engraving. Kinda reminds me of the engraving we see at work. Really stoked to have a quality tool :D

Show Image

Sweet. Looks like the profile was machined in three steps, is that right?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 13:57:10 »

I would guess so. Drill the holes out so you can hold the blank, outside profile, inside profile where the stem holder is, clean up, and engraving?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 13:59:59 »

I would guess so. Drill the holes out so you can hold the blank, outside profile, inside profile where the stem holder is, clean up, and engraving?
I would do the engraving first, because otherwise the part would be hard to hold without the screws, which would get in the way.

I also would have stayed .005" away on the profile, followed by a full-depth finish pass or two, just to remove the mill marks. But that's probably excessive in this case.

My boards:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 14:12:30 »
The 03-05 is a bit off. Which kinda makes me feel like it was done as an afterthought at the end. But you're probably right.

I think part of the charm is that it reminds me of one off tools we get at work. It's a little rough and the markings are vibropeened. I love the look of them. So functional it makes an ugly tool look good (Not saying this looks bad, I mean some of the stuff at work.)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 15:22:27 »
Not a professional machinist by any means. I'm learning new tricks every day. But I'm glad it's working well foe you CPT 👍😆😊
Projects

Offline axtran

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 17:01:49 »
I dig my tool too :)

Only issue is that you have to make a different one for SKCL switches which have the LED cutout now ;)
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 17:03:08 »
Send me one or two and I will 
Projects

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:38:46 »

Only issue is that you have to make a different one for SKCL switches which have the LED cutout now ;)

Doesn't work with greens?  I haven't tried mine on greens yet.  It didn't work on Lock switches, but worked on a Blue.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:40:25 »
I only had whites and grays to test with. And design around. 😔 
Projects

Offline E3E

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 20:30:36 »

Doesn't work with greens?  I haven't tried mine on greens yet.  It didn't work on Lock switches, but worked on a Blue.

Well, I've also made some specifically for linear Alps switches. My tools are reliable and durable, even if they aren't as pretty as these from Mr.Bishop.

If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to hand make quite a few dozen sets for others, either out of polyethylene or POM. Not to hijack this thread, but just offering an option. It's something I really wanted to turn into a little group buy for people, but I was surprised to see that someone came up with the same idea without my realization...

And also a little bummed out because I was really excited to make these for others.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 04:02:53 »
Just got my acrylic one, quite happy with it ;D

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 20:11:53 »
I'm so super happy that everyone is enjoying their tools :)

i'm also somewhat sad to say that all 5 of the aluminum numbered tools have been made. thank you all for your support!

i wont be making any more of the numbered versions but if anyone wants an aluminum tool i will be happy to make more if there is enough interest.
Projects

Offline mseaworthy

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 10:32:17 »
Opening up an Alps key is tricky—when it all goes according to plan. But this tool makes it so much easier.

I was able to quickly place a small amount of lube on the sliders of my Command and C switches which were a little scratchy.

I’d pay 3x more if he could come up with a tool that makes it simple to put the spring, click leaf and slider back into the bottom switch housing and allow the top housing to easily slide in place. Still this little tool is fantastic.131035-0

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 10:34:07 »
 :thumb:
Projects

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:26:23 »
I got mine today. It's amazing!! It's so much better than using tweezers.  Great work :thumb:
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:38:55 »
If anyone needs more acrylic ones let me know
Projects

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:54:39 »
I got mine. For a simple switch mod, it takes about a third of the time per switch compared to w/o the tool. Can't imagine switch modding alps without this thing.     

Offline IjonTichy

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 13:22:52 »

Thank you very much for that! Unfortunately, I don't have Autodesk 360 and can not open your file. Is it possible to save the file as STL? If my googling didn't fail me, that can be easily done for you.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 13:24:50 »

Thank you very much for that! Unfortunately, I don't have Autodesk 360 and can not open your file. Is it possible to save the file as STL? If my googling didn't fail me, that can be easily done for you.

give this a try

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2tKyfWiYZD4UGJpNmtFRVhNVzg/view?usp=sharing
Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 18:20:54 »
with all the further replies and interest i am willing to start pre-orders for aluminum tools. i have to order more materials so anyone who pre-orders may experience a delay in shipping. i do have afew tools in acrylic ready to ship

shipping is flat 6$ ConUS
world wide you pay shipping cost

acrylic 8$
aluminum 25$

thanks again for everyone who has shown interest and is keeping this alive. i'm really excited to be able to contribute to the community as a vendor of sorts.
Projects

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 18:24:43 »
with all the further replies and interest i am willing to start pre-orders for aluminum tools. i have to order more materials so anyone who pre-orders may experience a delay in shipping. i do have afew tools in acrylic ready to ship

acrylic 8$
aluminum 25$

thanks again for everyone who has shown interest and is keeping this alive. i'm really excited to be able to contribute to the community as a vendor of sorts.
PM you or email if we want to pre-order?

[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 18:25:34 »

acrylic 8$
aluminum 25$

PM you or email if we want to pre-order?

Email is easier for me to keep up with it seems

bishopcomputerdesign@gmail.com

include email and shipping address as i have to invoice via paypal which doesn't bring over your paypal shipping address. or so it seems
Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 19:09:36 »
Aluminum ordered.

anyone who has purchased from me in the past i will happily give 15% off to on aluminum tools  :thumb:
just remind me :)
Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 18:50:02 »
Back on stock!

Email bishopcomputerdesign@gmail.com with your PayPal email address and shipping information.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Projects

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 19:06:44 »
Buy 'em now, folks. Don't attempt another Alps switch mod without it!

My boards:
More

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 19:09:29 »
Repeat customers get 15% off just remind me.

Also I'm open to trades. I really need to get some matais switches. Or a board I can salvage switches off. Wink wink.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 07:50:33 »
Just got word from a customer and this tool works for the SKCL switches perfectly! i didnt have any to test with so this is awesome news!

thanks for letting everyone know @Itsmeluigi
Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 12:11:08 »
Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 18:02:05 »
this weekends orders are boxed and ready to ship!. if you have not received a tracking confirmation number from PayPal please let me know!

I have also ordered even more materials to make more of these tools by popular demand, i will supply! thank you all so much for the interest!

Projects

Offline IjonTichy

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 04:17:32 »
give this a try

Thank you very much! Sorry, it took me so long to answer.

My friend with the 3D-printer can read this format but he says it is 2D only and the depth is missing. He says STL would be his preferred format. Is that possible?

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 06:56:58 »
give this a try

Thank you very much! Sorry, it took me so long to answer.

My friend with the 3D-printer can read this format but he says it is 2D only and the depth is missing. He says STL would be his preferred format. Is that possible?

there is a grabcad link with the STL in this tread let me find it ...

Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 09:35:43 »
Anyone interested in a tool please use this link http://goo.gl/forms/QYNVeKBaPpJqwjJ03 and fill out the form!

any questions please email me directly (bishopcomputerdesign@gmail.com)
Projects

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 11:54:44 »
just saw this thread now. Filled in the form!

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 12:06:18 »
just saw this thread now. Filled in the form!
Awesome sent you a response
Projects

Offline IjonTichy

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 12:50:57 »
Sorry, I can only find png and f3d

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 17:54:18 »
Sorry, I can only find png and f3d

here you go :)

let me know if you have any issues with it!  :thumb:
Projects

Offline IjonTichy

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 06:39:42 »
That is the same file you already posted. That is the one that contains only 2D information. Unfortunately, that does not suffice.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 08:28:25 »
The dxf is the cad file. What file format ate you looking for
Projects

Offline IjonTichy

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 11:23:39 »
dxf is only Autodesk 360 and not readable with any other CAD program. I was looking for an STL file. It should be very easy for you to convert from dxf to stl.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 13:50:38 »
dxf is only Autodesk 360 and not readable with any other CAD program. I was looking for an STL file. It should be very easy for you to convert from dxf to stl.

Projects