Author Topic: [GB] h87a LIVE NOW  (Read 108668 times)

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
Re: [GB] h87a - Round 2. GB ends Friday April 19
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 11:26:04 »
going to order a 2nd for my Salamander  :-*

new salamander GB will come with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an option for no pcb though.

Oh true. he's ordering a few of each type from me, not sure his plan exactly

Offline Sylanthra

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 18:55:47 »
Any chance you can make the pcb work with holtites? I recently got my hands on one and was disappointed to discover that they are loose and don't work :(

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 18:56:36 »
Any chance you can make the pcb work with holtites? I recently got my hands on one and was disappointed to discover that they are loose and don't work :(

I have no plans to adjust my footprints, i apologize

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 14:53:28 »
Only 2 days left!

I'm considering making the alps PCB 1.2mm thick instead of 1.6mm.

The 1.6mm Alps is a fair bit stiffer (10-20% I figure) than a 1.6mm MX - mainly because of the holes for the MX switches.

any thoughts?

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 06:57:18 »
Only 2 days left!

The 1.6mm Alps is a fair bit stiffer (10-20% I figure) than a 1.6mm MX - mainly because of the holes for the MX switches.

any thoughts?

Is there any advantage to it being thinner?

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 07:10:36 »
Would the h87a have led slots for the Orion indicators?

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 08:12:21 »
Only 2 days left!

any thoughts?

Is there any advantage to it being thinner?

F L E X

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 08:38:24 »
But alps are already paired with fr4 plates for the most part, so I'm not sure if 1.2mm would be too much flex, considering the plate and everything. But I'd be okay with either.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 09:58:44 »
But alps are already paired with fr4 plates for the most part, so I'm not sure if 1.2mm would be too much flex, considering the plate and everything. But I'd be okay with either.

I ordered a 1.2 MX pcb to pair with a polycarb plate. The amount of flex is insignificant, but there will be more flex with a thinner pcb and a less rigid plate.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 10:28:40 »
Would the h87a have led slots for the Orion indicators?

There will be pads to solder an rgb led strip to and put in the plate of the Orion style indicators.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 14:29:36 »
Your github link in the first post and the product page is a 404: https://github.com/hinnebusch/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/h87a

Is there more docs for this somewhere besides qmk? I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but how do I change rgb colors?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 14:31:11 »
Your github link in the first post and the product page is a 404: https://github.com/hinnebusch/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/h87a

Is there more docs for this somewhere besides qmk? I'm sure it's posted somewhere, but how do I change rgb colors?

Yeah I can update it in the next couple days. I updated the QMK recently and haven't updated the links yet.

Try this out for now: https://github.com/hineybush/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/hineybush/h87a

« Last Edit: Sun, 28 April 2019, 14:33:11 by hineybush »

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 04:14:15 »
Sorry to ask this after the buy has closed, but is there any extras available? Will like to get one for a project I'm planning to build.
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #213 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 11:00:54 »
Sorry to ask this after the buy has closed, but is there any extras available? Will like to get one for a project I'm planning to build.

There will be extras once all of the GB orders are shipped.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 04 May 2019, 15:56:31 »

There will be extras once all of the GB orders are shipped.

Thanks for the reply! I'll get one once the extras are available.
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline olp613

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:49:20 »
Would it be possible to get a dxf outline of the pcb?

I want to make a stacked acrylic case like the one for the winkeyless B87 https://blog.winkeyless.kr/208.

https://blog.winkeyless.kr/151

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:50:59 »
Would it be possible to get a dxf outline of the pcb?

I want to make a stacked acrylic case like the one for the winkeyless B87 https://blog.winkeyless.kr/208.

Show Image

Show Image

https://blog.winkeyless.kr/151

yea either that or you can download a step file from the #h87a channel on my discord: discord.hineybush.com

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
Re: [GB] h87a - Round 2 in production
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 13:58:16 »
Update-

Still on track for mid-June delivery (to me at least). The blank PCBs are made, and assembly will start after the Chinese holiday. I have a vacation during the third week of June so if I get the PCBs in before then I obviously won't be able to ship many out. It may take a bit for fulfillment on these as there were a LOT of orders, but I can assure I'll get them out as quickly as I can.

Offline appaboy

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 14:00:02 »
Update-

Still on track for mid-June delivery (to me at least). The blank PCBs are made, and assembly will start after the Chinese holiday. I have a vacation during the third week of June so if I get the PCBs in before then I obviously won't be able to ship many out. It may take a bit for fulfillment on these as there were a LOT of orders, but I can assure I'll get them out as quickly as I can.

:thumb:
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 12:01:04 »
Received sample pics today of each assembled board. Everything looks good to me, and the mass assembly will begin shortly.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 18:05:12 »
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 23:14:57 »
Got word from my fab that the PCBs are slated to ship late next week. As I'll be gone the following week for a work trip (til June 9) I won't be able to process anything until I get back.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2019, 00:27:58 by hineybush »

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 03:32:43 »
Anyone know if the caps lock works in the default layer? That seems to be the only key that doesn't respond :rolleyes:

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #223 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 00:27:33 »
Anyone know if the caps lock works in the default layer? That seems to be the only key that doesn't respond :rolleyes:

Interesting - it should be working as intended if it's definitely the default keymap. If you continue to have issues shoot me a PM or email.

GB Round 2 update - DHL should be delivering the PCBs this week. I am out of town but will start sorting next week (June 9-14). The vendors/GB runners who ordered the PCBs from me for their respective buys will be first priority for me, as they will have a longer ship time. I will likely start actually shipping individual orders ~June 24 or 25 because I'll be out of town a few times again between then and now - I know I know, June's just busy for me. I'll get these out as quickly as I can obviously, with a goal of having extras available ~July 8

Offline wholypantalones

Re: [GB] h87a - Round 2 Sorting
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 11:29:50 »
Thanks for the exceptional updates!

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 06:15:42 »

Interesting - it should be working as intended if it's definitely the default keymap. If you continue to have issues shoot me a PM or email.

GB Round 2 update - DHL should be delivering the PCBs this week. I am out of town but will start sorting next week (June 9-14). The vendors/GB runners who ordered the PCBs from me for their respective buys will be first priority for me, as they will have a longer ship time. I will likely start actually shipping individual orders ~June 24 or 25 because I'll be out of town a few times again between then and now - I know I know, June's just busy for me. I'll get these out as quickly as I can obviously, with a goal of having extras available ~July 8

Hiney,
I'll be interesting an Extra MX PCB, please let me know for the extra. Thank you.

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 13:01:33 »
Really hoping the extras won't be too limited, I'm holding off building a board and it hurts waiting for an extra

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 23:08:04 »
Really hoping the extras won't be too limited, I'm holding off building a board and it hurts waiting for an extra

At minimum (assuming up to 2 PCBs per variant that have defects that I can't fix), I should have at LEAST: 20 normal, 40 thin, and 20 alps variants.

Got home tonight and unwrapped a pair of thinbois, all is good from what I tested and can see. The LEDs are not as bright as the older version (these use less current) but I don't think it'll affect anything too drastically.

Offline cdaman

« Reply #228 on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 23:46:08 »
I'm waiting for the Alps PCB, do you have any news about when can you ship them out?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 09:39:23 »
I'm waiting for the Alps PCB, do you have any news about when can you ship them out?

I said like four replies ago I will start shipping tomorrow

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 11:07:01 »
Started packaging/shipping. Will drop off the first orders from my site later today or tomorrow.

I decided to explain my shipping process a bit since I'm sure I'll get the "where is my shipping if you're shipping them" questions:

• Sort by "h87"/awaiting shipment/# of line items in ShipStation
  • Start packaging the higher # of line item orders first (more complex/etc)
  • As the # of line items decrease, the # of combinations increases. I then sort these out to like orders (example, if 3 orders have the same 4 items ordered)
  • Pick/pack/label these as I go
  • Drop off

This inevitably means I ship individual ones last, but those are the quickest and easiest to do since it's a matter of putting the single PCB in a box while packing. I can do a bunch at once this way to save time and effort.

Proxy/large order ones will go out later this week/early next, because I needed to order some larger boxes - I wasn't comfortable reusing the ones my fab shipped in bc 1. they're massive and 2. they're slightly beat up from the shipping

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 13:58:40 »
Started packaging/shipping. Will drop off the first orders from my site later today or tomorrow.

I decided to explain my shipping process a bit since I'm sure I'll get the "where is my shipping if you're shipping them" questions:

• Sort by "h87"/awaiting shipment/# of line items in ShipStation
  • Start packaging the higher # of line item orders first (more complex/etc)
  • As the # of line items decrease, the # of combinations increases. I then sort these out to like orders (example, if 3 orders have the same 4 items ordered)
  • Pick/pack/label these as I go
  • Drop off

This inevitably means I ship individual ones last, but those are the quickest and easiest to do since it's a matter of putting the single PCB in a box while packing. I can do a bunch at once this way to save time and effort.

Proxy/large order ones will go out later this week/early next, because I needed to order some larger boxes - I wasn't comfortable reusing the ones my fab shipped in bc 1. they're massive and 2. they're slightly beat up from the shipping

heck yeah

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
Re: [GB] h87a - Round 2 Shipping
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 10:55:09 »
I'm really excited to get these. Thank you for the updates!

Offline Bawbletea

« Reply #233 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 20:31:33 »
I'm sad I missed the GB. I'm hoping to pick up an extra PCB though!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #234 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 17:03:34 »
Sent out about half so far. I'll be taking a break til next week as I'll be out of town, so the rest won't ship until then. Due to that and me ordering a bunch of FR4 plates for Jane V1 and other boards it fits, I'll push back the extras to ~July 15. Just an extra week, I think that's all it'll take!

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 17:57:08 »
Sent out about half so far. I'll be taking a break til next week as I'll be out of town, so the rest won't ship until then. Due to that and me ordering a bunch of FR4 plates for Jane V1 and other boards it fits, I'll push back the extras to ~July 15. Just an extra week, I think that's all it'll take!

Nice.

Can't wait for those PCBs  :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 15:21:46 »

Okay, so I'm a bit late (as usual) and looking for a PCB+plate for my Jane v1. Besides the extras, will this have another round, and are you expecting to have plates made for the Jane v1?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 15:26:00 »

Okay, so I'm a bit late (as usual) and looking for a PCB+plate for my Jane v1. Besides the extras, will this have another round, and are you expecting to have plates made for the Jane v1?

Yea FR4 plates are on order. should have them in a week-10 days. Extras wont go up til i have them in stock as well. I'll announce here beforehand.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 16:31:49 »

Yea FR4 plates are on order. should have them in a week-10 days. Extras wont go up til i have them in stock as well. I'll announce here beforehand.

Great; thanks so much! I'll keep a lookout.
(Apologies for hijacking your thread.)

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 12:16:50 »
Hi, back from vaca

Packing more in the next few nights. Almost done with my own orders. Will get the MKEU ones out in the next 2-3 days so they'll have em soon.

Offline TastyChance

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 23:39:43 »
Looking forward to picking up a few of the extras hopefully

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #241 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 18:22:49 »
All GB orders from my store (minus one that I'm holding on to for the time being) are packed and labeled. Will be picked up tomorrow.

Now to do a couple proxy/vendor orders.

Extras will likely be up later this week, will post here and on my Discord at least 24h in advance

« Reply #242 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 18:55:48 »
All GB orders from my store (minus one that I'm holding on to for the time being) are packed and labeled. Will be picked up tomorrow.

Extras will likely be up later this week, will post here and on my Discord at least 24h in advance

Will the plates be up at the same time? Asking for my wallets sake.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 14 July 2019, 18:59:01 »

Will the plates be up at the same time? Asking for my wallets sake.
yes

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #244 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 03:37:09 »
Its funny that when i decide to make a new build för the first time in years and are looking for a a87 compatible pcb this pops up with extra :) i dont want to miss this.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 21:27:52 »
The round 2 group buy extras will be live on my site only starting tomorrow, Monday July 22 at 7PM EST. I'm imposing a limit of how many you can order, 1 normal and 2 thin or alps per order just because I only have so many. Novelkeys will have plenty of stock though and should be getting them soon!

Offline Broseph

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 08:53:41 »
The round 2 group buy extras will be live on my site only starting tomorrow, Monday July 22 at 7PM EST. I'm imposing a limit of how many you can order, 1 normal and 2 thin or alps per order just because I only have so many. Novelkeys will have plenty of stock though and should be getting them soon!
Are plates going to be available at the same time?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #247 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 09:42:30 »
Are plates going to be available at the same time?

yes

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 20:21:57 »
PM'd question about adding to my order from earlier.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #249 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 01:12:01 »
All gone? Sucks to be euro...