Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CONCLUDED  (Read 163853 times)

Offline 2QT2BSTR8

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CLOSED - Partially shipping - Update on Page 7
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 21:27:40 »
Received my regular/hagoromo kit yesterday in Australia. Really happy with my first GMK set.

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #401 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 23:52:18 »
This is a long shot, but I ordered the Monochrome base kit and am wondering how to get my hands on just the "OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_HHKB_REGULAR" as it wasn't an option on Drop.com.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 December 2019, 23:58:43 by h2oxide »

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #402 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 01:25:12 »
This is a long shot, but I ordered the Monochrome base kit and am wondering how to get my hands on just the "OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_HHKB_REGULAR" as it wasn't an option on Drop.com.

It wasn't offered as a standalone kit for the actual buy - you have to buy the entire Oblivion base kit if you want those keys.

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #403 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 02:22:06 »
Really? There appears to be HHKB modifier sets per this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100062.0

It seems odd that one would have to purchase two full sets if they wanted both mono and regular modifiers?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #404 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 02:25:46 »
Really? There appears to be HHKB modifier sets per this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100062.0

It seems odd that one would have to purchase two full sets if they wanted both mono and regular modifiers?

Unfortunately, that was the case.  I bought two full sets for just that purpose.  Rip me.

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #405 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 02:30:19 »

Unfortunately, that was the case.  I bought two full sets for just that purpose.  Rip me.

That's really disappointing to hear. As you guys know, there are GMK GBs (recent example would be Dracula) which have modifier add-on sets; I wonder why this wasn't the case with this one.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 December 2019, 02:34:30 by h2oxide »

Offline geistmate

« Reply #406 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 02:38:43 »
End of week of Dec 23 & still no update from Drop about my Git kit shipping. Anyone else have any better luck?

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #407 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 03:01:29 »

That’s an April Fools joke.

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #408 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 03:04:26 »

Damn, that's some A-grade trolling...

Offline nicolaidavies

« Reply #409 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 04:22:58 »

That entire GB was an Aprils fools. The data was however used to determine the final kits.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #410 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 05:26:27 »

Damn, that's some A-grade trolling...

It really is one of the greatest troll threads ever to grace geekhack. Got so many of us good.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #411 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 14:13:51 »
End of week of Dec 23 & still no update from Drop about my Git kit shipping. Anyone else have any better luck?

I have given updates in this thread as well as the discussion on our site.

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #412 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 00:41:08 »
Is anyone (preferrably within Australia) willing to trade their regular modifiers for monochrome modifiers?
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 December 2019, 00:43:05 by h2oxide »

Offline Bryan

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 13:14:53 »

Oh dear, this is unfortunate. Ordered the Regular Base Kit, as I was starting to install the keycaps I noticed something wrong with the ' " key.

The alpha color on the ' " key is incorrect. Looks like during packaging it got switched with a ' " key from the Assembly Base Kit.

I already contacted drop support. Hopefully I can get a proper ' " key. This looks funny on my board  :(

Offline geistmate

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 21:04:39 »

Sorry I don’t think this is true. The update stated that Git fulfillments will start week of Dec 23, and the regular kits a week prior. The regular kits were properly fulfilled as the update said it would be, on that same week. It is about to be the end of the year and my kit has still not shipped.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #415 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 21:11:00 »

Sorry I don’t think this is true. The update stated that Git fulfillments will start week of Dec 23, and the regular kits a week prior. The regular kits were properly fulfilled as the update said it would be, on that same week. It is about to be the end of the year and my kit has still not shipped.

UPDATE: The Git Fix kit shipment was finally received in our warehouse today. The delay was holiday related (e.g. fewer personnel, customs taking longer around Christmas, etc.). We will get them bundled with the Git Base and shipping should begin next week.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #416 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 21:12:23 »

He said previous:

Timing was a bit unfortunate with this shipment with the holidays and all. We are still waiting for a status update from the warehouse after the holidays and I'll be back with an update when I have more information.

Edit: Actually, this is the update from a few days ago:

The Git Fix kit shipment was finally received in our warehouse today. The delay was holiday related (e.g. fewer personnel, customs taking longer around Christmas, etc.). We will get them bundled with the Git Base and shipping should begin next week.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 December 2019, 21:15:34 by DukeEsquire »

Offline geistmate

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 00:49:42 »

He said previous:

Timing was a bit unfortunate with this shipment with the holidays and all. We are still waiting for a status update from the warehouse after the holidays and I'll be back with an update when I have more information.

Edit: Actually, this is the update from a few days ago:

The Git Fix kit shipment was finally received in our warehouse today. The delay was holiday related (e.g. fewer personnel, customs taking longer around Christmas, etc.). We will get them bundled with the Git Base and shipping should begin next week.

Perfect,
Thank you for the update! Looking forward to the long awaited kits.

Offline Andalus

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 10:56:32 »
I noticed an issue with the non-homing "J" keys from both the Monochrome and Regular Base kits. The left most edge of the letter J, particularly where the letter curves up, narrows substantially and looks improperly molded. I've included some pictures to illustrate the issue, but it's much more noticeable in person.

1st image: Shows all 3 key caps together, with the worst one on the left side, the 2nd worst one in the middle position, and the perfect homing key on the right.

2nd image: A standalone picture of the perfect J keycap.

3rd image: The worst J keycap with the narrowest curved tip.

Offline Chimera

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 16:46:39 »
The printing on one of the Meta keys looks a little funky now that I'm staring at it. Is this intended/the same on all units?
Show Image

Ew... That does not look clean

It's just a Bold Meta

I'm usually not terribly negative, but it looks pretty bad honestly. I haven't recieved my set yet because I ordered Git base, but I'm a bit worried after seeing pics of what has shipped. Not that this is Drop's fault, but for how delayed this is, GMK really seems to have dropped the ball on this set. There has been talks that they were trying to grow to keep up with demand. This was a big order and it's pretty clear they need to do that sooner rather than later. Did they even QC anything before shipping it out? It looks like an expensive JTK set.

Hopefully these are just outliers though and most of the sets are good. If so, I stand corrected.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 January 2020, 16:51:16 by Chimera »

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #420 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 08:43:25 »
It looks like an expensive JTK set.

To be fair, JTK sets are almost the same price nowadays.

But, yes, the issues reported with this set are not what I've come to expect from GMK.

My buddy just received with kits (monochrome + hagorama alphas) and the hagorama kit was missing spacebars...

I'm still waiting on git base.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #421 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 08:51:53 »
It looks like an expensive JTK set.

To be fair, JTK sets are almost the same price nowadays.

But, yes, the issues reported with this set are not what I've come to expect from GMK.

My buddy just received with kits (monochrome + hagorama alphas) and the hagorama kit was missing spacebars...

I'm still waiting on git base.

Did he check the bottom side? They're in the smaller tray that's included on the backside.

Offline sandvichs

« Reply #422 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 09:09:09 »
The printing on one of the Meta keys looks a little funky now that I'm staring at it. Is this intended/the same on all units?
Show Image

Same on mine. My only complaint (outside of the shipping delays).

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #423 on: Thu, 02 January 2020, 09:54:57 »
Received my regular/hagoromo kit yesterday in Australia. Really happy with my first GMK set.

~~Did your hagoromo kit include space bars? Both the 6.25 and 7.00 space hagoromo space bars are missing from my order. I've contacted Drop hopefully they will send them quickly.~~ EDIT: nevermind they were hiding behind the rest of the keys.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 January 2020, 13:35:09 by AdidasShoe42 »

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #424 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 18:17:57 »

Yeah my 1.25u meta key also has the issues with the legend being bolder than the other modifier keys.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #425 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 18:45:15 »
Wonder what git key will be Meta

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 12:27:23 »
Show Image

Show Image

Yeah my 1.25u meta key also has the issues with the legend being bolder than the other modifier keys.

Is it just me, or does the 2.75U Shift look semi-bold in that photo?  I doubt it's unique to this set, but perhaps GMK could address it for future sets.  Or maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there.

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 20:24:36 »
Show Image

Show Image

Is it just me, or does the 2.75U Shift look semi-bold in that photo?  I doubt it's unique to this set, but perhaps GMK could address it for future sets.  Or maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there.

Actually you're right - looking at it again in person the 2.75U shift is noticeably bolder, particularly around the S.

It seems like both of my 1.25u Alt keys also has badly done legends (bolder and fuzzier). I'll have a closer look through the caps later and post pics of all the issues I find. This may just be issues with my particular set though.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 January 2020, 20:29:40 by whalematrontron »

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #428 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 21:23:05 »
I've uploaded an album of the defects I've found so far with my Oblivion V2 (base and hagoromos) - note I haven't actually used or mounted the keycaps yet as I'm waiting for the board to come in, so I haven't looked over it too thoroughly - there may be more issues.

https://imgur.com/a/NsguFs6

Quick summary of the things I've noticed:

The main issues (described in the album) are as follows:

- blurry legend printing on the alpha keys (at least for Oblivion grey alphas, I haven't opened Hagoromo yet)
- misalignment/ off axis printing off the "J" alphas - both scooped and barred, and on both Hagoromo and Oblivion base
- 1.25u control keys both have the legends misaligned (indented right)
- 2.75u right shift legend is blurry and bolded
- both 1.25u alt keys have issues with legends
- 1.25u meta key has bolded/ blurry legend - in particular, the initial "M" is bolded
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 January 2020, 04:15:17 by whalematrontron »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #429 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 05:20:06 »
I've uploaded an album of the defects I've found so far with my Oblivion V2 (base and hagoromos) - note I haven't actually used or mounted the keycaps yet as I'm waiting for the board to come in, so I haven't looked over it too thoroughly - there may be more issues.

- blurry legend printing on the alpha keys (at least for Oblivion grey alphas, I haven't opened Hagoromo yet)
- misalignment/ off axis printing off the "J" alphas - both scooped and barred, and on both Hagoromo and Oblivion base
- 1.25u meta key has bolded/ blurry legend - in particular, the initial "M" is bolded

Thanks for your feedback. The issues I detected on the new Git legends are exclusive to Oblivion V2, however only those Git legends were newly made and are exclusively used in Oblivion V2. Everything else uses GMK's standard tooling so the issues you listed are not isolated to Oblivion V2 but rather details you will find in any set using those legends (e.g. Space Cadet also showing the bold M on the 1.25u Meta key). I have noted some points in this thread and will provide them as feedback to GMK, especially the Meta I want to get fixed in the future.

As for the first point, GMK does not do legend printing, all keys are doubleshot with two colors of plastic. The blurriness that you are perceiving is probably an effect of having a more faded color for the legends on Oblivion V2 compared to the stronger off-white of Space Cadet. I've compared them IRL myself just now and don't see an issue with the legend's shape.

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #430 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 06:46:39 »
Anyone else haven't received their package? My package has been going around in circles in Germany for some odd reason.

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #431 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 06:46:58 »

Thanks for your feedback. The issues I detected on the new Git legends are exclusive to Oblivion V2, however only those Git legends were newly made and are exclusively used in Oblivion V2. Everything else uses GMK's standard tooling so the issues you listed are not isolated to Oblivion V2 but rather details you will find in any set using those legends (e.g. Space Cadet also showing the bold M on the 1.25u Meta key). I have noted some points in this thread and will provide them as feedback to GMK, especially the Meta I want to get fixed in the future.

As for the first point, GMK does not do legend printing, all keys are doubleshot with two colors of plastic. The blurriness that you are perceiving is probably an effect of having a more faded color for the legends on Oblivion V2 compared to the stronger off-white of Space Cadet. I've compared them IRL myself just now and don't see an issue with the legend's shape.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I’m not too fussed about it, and I’m pretty sure it’s just a function of the moulds getting older and therefore there being some issues with the legends. I just hope GMK does replace some of the dodgier moulds sooner rather than later, especially with some bigger run sets in the pipeline.

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #432 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 09:15:07 »
Together with the Esc issue noticed on gmk wavez, it seems to me that gmk has recently been quite bad on their qc

Offline vi0till

« Reply #433 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 09:24:01 »
Anyone else haven't received their package? My package has been going around in circles in Germany for some odd reason.
I am git buyer, don't think I received any shipping notification from drop.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #434 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 11:29:51 »

In typical Drop / GMK fashion, I expect that we won't get one before the end of the month.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #435 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 13:32:53 »

My order is for Git, Monochrome, and Hagoromo.  I received a tracking number from Drop yesterday, but the package hasn't actually been handed over to Fedex yet.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #436 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 09:20:02 »
Anyone not planning to use the Hagoromo R1 F row keys & willing to sell their white F1-F4 & F9-F12 keys plz PM me.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #437 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 10:47:47 »
Together with the Esc issue noticed on gmk wavez, it seems to me that gmk has recently been quite bad on their qc

Quote, the most important thing is to send feedback.

Offline UGunaLOSE

« Reply #438 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 13:09:06 »
FYI, for those who ordered Git Base... they are starting to ship. Just got my tracking number :).

Keep patient!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #439 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 13:10:51 »
FYI, for those who ordered Git Base... they are starting to ship. Just got my tracking number :).

Keep patient!
Mine should be here Thursday. I'll post pics if the legends are ****ed up like a lot of the ones that have been posted here

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 14:22:06 »

I live in Southeast Asia and my package is stuck somewhere in Germany after touring several towns there

More
Dec 31 2019
10:14 am
PROCESSED AT TRANSIT FACILITY
IPZ-Ffm, DE

Dec 27 2019
10:43 pm
Rodgau, DE

Dec 27 2019
02:19 pm
PROCESSED AT LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Speyer, DE

Dec 22 2019
03:00 pm
IPZ-Ffm, DE

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #441 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 01:09:19 »

I live in Southeast Asia and my package is stuck somewhere in Germany after touring several towns there

More
Dec 31 2019
10:14 am
IPZ-Ffm, DE

Dec 27 2019
10:43 pm
Rodgau, DE

Dec 27 2019
02:19 pm
PROCESSED AT LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Speyer, DE

Dec 22 2019
03:00 pm
IPZ-Ffm, DE

There should be a 2nd tracking number which will let you know the status of the package once its in your country
under "delivery by postal provider".
 Did you order Git or Regular base kit?

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #442 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 18:33:30 »
The sole reason I got an e-white E7-V1 was for this set.

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 January 2020, 12:59:06 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #443 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 06:20:24 »
In my opinion GMK is having these problems because of all the sets being run lately. Probably they have new employees for this or extra shifts etc.
That being said, I am happy....
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/en8p96/took_my_new_keeb_to_the_office_jer_j80_vints_gmk/

Offline Kaktus

« Reply #444 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 00:47:02 »
Mine may be coming today or tomorrow  ;D

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #445 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 15:06:41 »
Any idea if any vendors bought extras? Guessing Drop did, but not sure if any other vendors did too.

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #446 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 08:37:44 »
Hey Oblotzky !

I’ve just received my Git Base. Thank you so much for this GB. By chance, would you know a keyset with double legend numkeys (numbers + nav legends), cherry profile, Oblivion alpha color ? I don’t mind the legend color, I’m aware I’m already looking for something impossible.

Double legends on the numpad of my Ægis would be so nice combined with the Cadet alphas…

I’ll post a picture of it soon.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #447 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 09:35:44 »
Hey Oblotzky !

I’ve just received my Git Base. Thank you so much for this GB. By chance, would you know a keyset with double legend numkeys (numbers + nav legends), cherry profile, Oblivion alpha color ? I don’t mind the legend color, I’m aware I’m already looking for something impossible.

Double legends on the numpad of my Ægis would be so nice combined with the Cadet alphas…

I’ll post a picture of it soon.

Only Space Cadet and Oblivion use that gray for the key base color, and both have single numpad legends. So nothing that comes to mind, sorry!

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #448 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 11:46:36 »
I thought of Space Cadet, but I hoped for another one ! Thanks anyway for your answer !!!

Offline Kotahh

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 17:34:18 »
Just curious, for GBs like these where the price lowers based on # of buys, if I were to buy at starting price say, $125 and it reaches MOQ for $100, would I be partially refunded or something along the lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk