Author Topic: [IC] Topre keycaps  (Read 40678 times)

Offline Tomn

Re: [IC] Topre keycaps
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 20:04:00 »
Super interested in this!

Offline TjarleN

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 04:53:02 »
ne update avail?

Offline fkcaps

• FKcaps
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 06:59:39 »
Hey thanks for stirring that pot that I have left on the backburner for far too long now.

We have had the mold for spacebars made, to test out the profile and overall quality, it turned out pretty well. We have sent samples to a few testers, including Buddy who runs Unreal Keyboards and reviewed some samples on stream.

Now my problem is that we are running a couple other projects that eat up all the time we have available... I would be open to let someone else run that group buy (preferably someone who has done it before, and knows what to expect) because I honestly don't know when I'll have the bandwidth to do it for TPRX keycaps. If anyone reads it and would be interested to, please DM me here or on Discord kartsims#7647

Otherwise I think that group buy is going to be a few more months away... Sorry guys I know there is some interest for these and am doing my best but I have unfortunately become the bottleneck in this operation.

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 07:15:46 »
.... who runs Unreal Keyboards and reviewed some samples on stream. ...

"Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable." :-(

Offline fkcaps

• FKcaps
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 07:20:31 »
oh ****... sorry I copy pasted the link, I am going to ask him if he has the video saved up somewhere I should have backed it up :/

Offline fkcaps

• FKcaps
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 07:25:33 »
I've searched online a bit and it seems Twitch videos are usually available for 60 days after being published... and this one dates back to february... I'll post a link here if I can find a backup :/

Offline Grego

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 23:30:23 »
A little late, just signed up for the IC. For me, black blanks with fn legends on the front would be ideal, but would be willing to front pretty much anything.

Offline Kookiekurls

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 02:46:21 »
We need hipro profile topre caps to be remade. Cherry like profile options even though limited, are there. Kbdfans were working on new hipro keycaps but that project looks to be far off still

There’s options for Cherry profile Topre caps, but almost exclusively only for the HHKB. There are next to no options it feels like for all of the other Topre boards.

Offline sndb

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 13 November 2021, 01:39:56 »
Relatively new Topre fan and new believer of the the rubber of cup. Just found this IC and wanted to offer my 2c and support for this endeavor:
Like everyone else, am waiting on the DES 2U & spacebar stabs so I can mount some SP SA sets, MT3, GMK, etc, but my interest in sets of proper Topre caps isn't really diminished by MX sliders. I was just wondering how others felt regarding converting their Topre boards to MX compatible keycap mounts. Personally, I've already got one board's worth of 1U sliders and will get the 2U/stabs when they land, but I'm pretty well certain the expense and effort involved, plus whatever unintended consequences arise from the conversion, that I'm only going to convert one, maybe two of my Topre kb.

That said, the recent KBDfans Lie-pro release was a great step in the right direction, and I'd still be just as interested in throwing money at this project here if it moves forward--regardless of whatever progress may occur with MX slider development.

1/64
We need hipro profile topre caps to be remade. Cherry like profile options even though limited, are there. Kbdfans were working on new hipro keycaps but that project looks to be far off still

There’s options for Cherry profile Topre caps, but almost exclusively only for the HHKB. There are next to no options it feels like for all of the other Topre boards.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 06:42:20 »
Wondering if there'll be someone to graciously pick up on this project as fkcaps implied (maybe a vendor like Novelkeys? Or anybody well established for that matter), or if we'll see a revival on this again. Interest in Topre has been rising again as of late with aftermarket cases being available.

Offline filuwow

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 21:46:43 »
Form filled. GLWIC!!!

Offline hbgl

• My blog
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 16:28:31 »
Submitted the form. I am especially interested in WoB keycaps.

Offline Draxion

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 17:42:00 »
Submitted hopes this runs

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 21:03:50 »
Here to see if there are some updates. I got recently KBDfans Topre keycaps for my Realforce and HHKB, which are OK, not perfect, but totally fine to get a fresh new keycap feeling. In the end I am again thinking not soo needed because the OG Topre caps are just perfect.

Anyway high quality GMK style classic caps would be really nice. Thinking of Beige, 9009, Miami Nights, etc. on a Realforce R1 *emojiwithhearts
... ...

Offline Extra Fox

• quis qui sais
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 22:07:57 »
Wondering if there'll be someone to graciously pick up on this project as fkcaps implied (maybe a vendor like Novelkeys? Or anybody well established for that matter), or if we'll see a revival on this again. Interest in Topre has been rising again as of late with aftermarket cases being available.
Just quoting for the folks who posted after and might have missed this.
That said, I filled out the IC form for good measure. You never know.
A-a-ron

Offline tngpq

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 23:49:13 »
Since Omnitype is entering the Topre market, wonder if they would offer keycaps as well.