Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1612695 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)
« Reply #6450 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 13:56:42 »
so i am not too late? and we are just waiting for mashby?  ok.  when he gets back how do i let him know i moved and what i ordered? sorry if i appear to need this spelled out for me.

He has a speadsheet with what is listed as your order. He should have contacted you many months ago and confirmed that with you, he may or may not have everything you ordered as none of the 'takeover' orders were listed in our spreadsheets. Some parts there were not enough of and some parts were never ordered.

As far as you having moved it doesn't matter since he will send you a PayPal invoice for shipping costs and will ship to whatever your address is on file with PayPal, so just make sure it is updated on PayPal.

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #6451 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 01:54:22 »
so i am not too late? and we are just waiting for mashby?  ok.  when he gets back how do i let him know i moved and what i ordered? sorry if i appear to need this spelled out for me.

He has a speadsheet with what is listed as your order. He should have contacted you many months ago and confirmed that with you, he may or may not have everything you ordered as none of the 'takeover' orders were listed in our spreadsheets. Some parts there were not enough of and some parts were never ordered.

As far as you having moved it doesn't matter since he will send you a PayPal invoice for shipping costs and will ship to whatever your address is on file with PayPal, so just make sure it is updated on PayPal.

One day.  Maybe.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #6452 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 13:19:57 »

no one has contacted me in anyway regarding this. does that mean i am SOL spam??
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6453 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 13:21:51 »

no one has contacted me in anyway regarding this. does that mean i am SOL spam??

I don't think we are at that point just yet. I'll shoot you a PM.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6454 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 16:35:24 »
guys Spam is awesome if you didnt know that.

i emailed mashby my new address. lets see if that does anything.

Offline precarious

« Reply #6455 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 16:30:31 »
is there any way i can get the address where the thing i bought four years ago is located so i can just maybe pick it up instead

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6456 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 16:55:11 »
is there any way i can get the address where the thing i bought four years ago is located so i can just maybe pick it up instead
I'd say you'd have about a 9hr (one way) drive from your address in the spreadsheet, but maybe you moved?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Jorgenstein

« Reply #6457 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 23:00:42 »
Can't remember the last time I posted or actively browsed (read: lurked) this forum, and apologies for rehashing what's probably been discussed somewhere in the thread. I was never contacted again about my order after initially placing it four years ago. No PM or email or anything. I'm international, Canada. Can someone explain to me whether or not I have any hope of ever receiving my order at this point or if I'm asking too late? Thanks!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6458 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 02:40:42 »
Can't remember the last time I posted or actively browsed (read: lurked) this forum, and apologies for rehashing what's probably been discussed somewhere in the thread. I was never contacted again about my order after initially placing it four years ago. No PM or email or anything. I'm international, Canada. Can someone explain to me whether or not I have any hope of ever receiving my order at this point or if I'm asking too late? Thanks!
@Hoffmanmyster is your proxy, shoot him a PM

Offline precarious

« Reply #6459 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 03:27:11 »
I contacted PayPal regarding a refund concerning a purchase I made four years ago and they told me there was nothing I could do.  They referred me to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center and suggested that I make a report.

For anyone else here who paid for something more than four years ago and hasn't received it yet, I guess their advice was to simply report it to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center.

This is the website they told me to go to:  https://www.ic3.gov/
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 July 2017, 03:32:17 by precarious »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6460 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 08:22:20 »
I contacted PayPal regarding a refund concerning a purchase I made four years ago and they told me there was nothing I could do.  They referred me to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center and suggested that I make a report.

For anyone else here who paid for something more than four years ago and hasn't received it yet, I guess their advice was to simply report it to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center.

You are not helping,  and I for one will never volunteer to help another group buy again.

Of all the failed group buys on this forum, at least there are people trying to get this one done.

I'll  be sending out another round of emails and PM's to the few people remaining on my list and I'm done with this.

« Last Edit: Sun, 23 July 2017, 15:08:26 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Trueno86

« Reply #6461 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 17:56:28 »
Hey don't be a jackass to the folks here trying to salvage this. I'm in the same boat as you, but I ain't going around threatening going to the FBI over a hundred odd dollars.  Its a miracle that most folks got their stuff thanks to the hard work of these volunteers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6462 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 23:26:36 »
I am done proxying for this group buy and will no longer be checking this thread.

For those people waiting on SMD parts you will need to contact @samwisekoi, he never sent the parts to us and I am no longer available to receive them and send them on.

Below are the members I am proxying for and their final status.

No Response To Contact

For the first list of people below I have just sent and email and a PM stating if I do not hear from them I will assume they no longer want their order.
EDIT: I have never heard back from the below individuals.
EDIT2: I am now considering their orders abandoned.

@3rdo
@TheQsanity
@Thechemist

Partial Order Shipped

The members below have had all parts sent that were on hand and available, I never received all the parts to completely fill these orders, see top of post.

I sent final emails to all of these individuals and noted if I received a reply or not.

@wildcard (No SMD Parts Available) *reply received
@annerick (Not All Parts Available)
@do_Og@n (No SMD Parts Available)
@kdash4 (No SMD Parts Available) *reply received
@kinruan (No SMD Parts Available) *reply received
@madderoftime (No SMD Parts Available) *reply received
@danielucf (No SMD Parts Available)
@whiskytango (No SMD Parts Available) *reply received
@j2c8w6f8 (No SMD Parts Available) *reply received
@JayKthnx (No SMD Parts Available) *reply received
@orca416 *reply received

Order Fulfilled

The members below have had their orders fulfilled, I have had no contact saying their were any issues so I assume they are all good and done.

@tadbitnerdy
@Dubsgalore
@codyeatworld
@fydo
@SIfo
@RickyJ
@Turkishrambo
@chel-
@ComradeSniper
@jabar
@orlando
@thegagne
@Acetrak
@electrogeek007
@Atakp
@digitalleftovers
@engicoder
@ferociousfingerings
@gimpster
@hashbaz
@Leslieann
@modulor
@oluf
@rtos
@TheProfosist
@whiteduck
@LastAndroid
@John Fourth
@reca
@terminal_geek
@xavierblak
@durandalx
@r3dx
@JWK
@Caceous
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2017, 20:20:55 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Jorgenstein

« Reply #6463 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:12:24 »
@Hoffmanmyster is your proxy, shoot him a PM

Cool, thanks!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6464 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 23:28:23 »

Hey!  I did send an email back in March, but I'm guessing that was never received for whatever reason.  I've just responded to your PM, and will be getting this whole thing wrapped up for you sooner than later.  :thumb:

Offline Prelim

« Reply #6465 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 04:56:11 »
I'm looking to buy one more pcb, anyone from Europe that might have a spare pcb that wants to sell?

2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Nask

« Reply #6466 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 06:30:53 »
I'm looking to buy one more pcb, anyone from Europe that might have a spare pcb that wants to sell?

You sent me a message about my PCB but as far as I know, Bunnylake didn't finish to send all PCB. :)
You might wait for an update so you would know who has received their PCB in Europe.

nask»
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline Prelim

« Reply #6467 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 06:39:35 »
thanks man, I already contacted Bunny as well ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline vorn

« Reply #6468 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 06:40:22 »
Just chiming in while I'm here - I've sent Mashby another email. I hope he's well, and I hope he chooses to reply.

[EDIT] Sorry for posting something negative while there's a particular amount of negativity going on. But I've also seen a lot of praise for those reaponsible for fulfilling the orders of a lot of otherwise helpless situations. I'm thankful for any help people have offered!
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2017, 14:34:22 by vorn »

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6469 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:47:02 »

way to be an ass when people are trying to resolve this.

you pissed of Spam who has been nothing but amazing regarding this.

Offline mickd

« Reply #6470 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 21:05:16 »
You did really well getting the orders out, spamray. I'm sure the people you proxied for, and many others are really glad you stepped up to help.

I'm not in your list, but I wanted to say thank you. I can only imagine how stressful it has been.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #6471 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 17:34:34 »

It's the risk you accept when you participate in a group buy.  I've paid for many things over the years that I never received (including THIS group buy).

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6472 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 14:40:34 »
sorry i have been terrible with updating here

here is a list of whats either ready or close to ready right now

thisusername (packed but waiting on reply as to what switches to add)
evert - missed switches packed
snoozeymon - boards built, just need to be tested, programmed and packed
bvtton - board built just need to be tested, programmed and packed
nask - board built just need to be tested, programmed and packed
mkaito - packed
raphdu57 - board built just need to be tested, programmed and packed
netdevil - boards built, tested and packed

these will all be dropped off shortly and tracking where applicable will be added to the support tickets

ive also just replied to a few support tickets that i needed answers on things for

once the above has been dropped off, ill reply to any new tickets that havent had responses yet and then with those last few this will be wrapped up my end

if your name isnt above and you are expecting something, please dont panic, these are just what i have infront of me right now
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline HannibalChew

• Formerly PixelScript
    • gaffworks
« Reply #6473 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 15:17:08 »
Does anyone know the best way to check what i've ordered? Its been so long and i can't find a record of what switches i ordered.

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #6474 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 01:30:06 »
It burns a bit when see this thread..

Offline vorn

« Reply #6475 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 01:36:05 »
Anyone heard back from Mashby? He doesn't reply to my emails so I've stopped trying.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6476 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 01:38:25 »
Anyone heard back from Mashby? He doesn't reply to my emails so I've stopped trying.

I haven’t heard from mashby but I did see him post on social media recently so hopefully will be back around shortly

For the list of people I posted above, I’m very sorry right after that posted my wife got in a really severe car accident so I’ve been dealing with that recently I’ll have the above out ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vorn

« Reply #6477 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 01:42:40 »

I haven’t heard from mashby but I did see him post on social media recently so hopefully will be back around shortly

For the list of people I posted above, I’m very sorry right after that posted my wife got in a really severe car accident so I’ve been dealing with that recently I’ll have the above out ASAP

Thanks for the reply! Shame I hope your wife is okay?!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6478 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 01:51:03 »

Thanks for the reply! Shame I hope your wife is okay?!

Yeah she got lucky really, medics said they are surprised she walked away, broke a few ribs etc but as she is heavily pregnant she needed a ton of monitoring and now we are home she needs a lot of looking after

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #6479 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 22:35:01 »
... suddenly puts keyboards into perspective.  Hope your wife recovers soon.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #6480 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 07:12:21 »

Hey!  I did send an email back in March, but I'm guessing that was never received for whatever reason.  I've just responded to your PM, and will be getting this whole thing wrapped up for you sooner than later.  :thumb:
But what about me Hoof... what about me  :-* :-* :-*
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6481 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 12:14:14 »
But what about me Hoof... what about me  :-* :-* :-*

I sent an email and never heard back!  :(  Getting the cold shoulder from you, Maow.  :-[  And for some reason I completely missed you in the round of reminder emails that was sent out a couple weeks ago.  But since you've responded here, I will go ahead and get your stuff packed up and send an invoice.  :thumb:

And to anyone else wondering, I do still have a couple orders to work through, so don't be too alarmed if you haven't heard from me yet.  It's been slow progress, but progress nonetheless. 

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6482 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 22:57:25 »
I've had this milled case with custom powdercoating and CC&G caps sitting here for years now waiting for GH60. Bittersweet, but finally gave up and bought a Pok3r RBG for the guts. (Also my first Silver switches... I don't hate them.)

178676-0178678-1178680-2

Green mods didn't match unfortunately... but I like simple clean things anyway:
178682-3

Yay!?!
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 September 2017, 23:06:17 by aggiejy »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6483 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 09:34:03 »
I've had this milled case with custom powdercoating and CC&G caps sitting here for years now waiting for GH60. Bittersweet, but finally gave up and bought a Pok3r RBG for the guts. (Also my first Silver switches... I don't hate them.)

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Green mods didn't match unfortunately... but I like simple clean things anyway:
(Attachment Link)

Yay!?!

looks outstanding sir

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #6484 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 07:11:31 »
Well, finally I had some time while visiting my parents to check what I received .. and instead my gorgeous ISO 150 plate I have a weird GH60 maxkeys plate with no place for a single modifier (and also a bit defective with an ugly dent in the left side), pretty useless for me.

At least the PCB is in good shape and probably I will just buy a nice universal plate from Aliexpress.

Offline numiru

« Reply #6485 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 10:56:14 »
This GB is still going on? I was literally 14 years old when this started. That was when I got into keyboards. I'm in college now going on 19.
KUL ES-87

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #6486 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 18:27:09 »
This GB is still going on? I was literally 14 years old when this started. That was when I got into keyboards. I'm in college now going on 19.

You got voting rights growing up into adult-ship from being a teenager while this GB is still unfulfilled. Wow! this would be a candidate for a Guinness record of sort.  :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6487 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:48:18 »
finally getting a little bit more time to get back on the horse

started back on the custom builds today, trying to get any and all remaining ones knocked out in the next few days so i can ship them all in one batch with the few i currently have on hand

for all the new ones im making a little video of the build to send to its owner, here is the first one of the day

feature=youtu.be

once i have these finished ill go through and find any of the new support tickets i need to reply to and have my end all wrapped up

thanks for everyones patience and understanding whilst i dealt with some personal issues here

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6488 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 08:52:41 »
Well, finally I had some time while visiting my parents to check what I received .. and instead my gorgeous ISO 150 plate I have a weird GH60 maxkeys plate with no place for a single modifier (and also a bit defective with an ugly dent in the left side), pretty useless for me.

At least the PCB is in good shape and probably I will just buy a nice universal plate from Aliexpress.

i shipped your order

i just went and checked the ticket and under detailed description of what you ordered, you put gh60 plate, then in brackets iso 150, i simply missed the part in brackets when packing and thought you had ordered a gh60 layout plate, im happy to switch them out for you

as for the ugly dent and defects, they are all a bit rough and ready

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6489 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 11:48:20 »
Such a shame this went the way it did, It was ahead of its time. Now 60% PCBs are all over the place that are a million times better, you can a Satan GH60 on eBay for cheap (and in under a week) and i spent HUNDREDS on this group buy and never got a thing. Learning experience i guess.

It actually does make me happy to come back to geekhack and see that some people did actually get their GH60s thanks to people like Spam, Bunny, and at one point Sam. Warms the heart.

Offline precarious

« Reply #6490 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 23:27:44 »
Such a shame this went the way it did, It was ahead of its time. Now 60% PCBs are all over the place that are a million times better, you can a Satan GH60 on eBay for cheap (and in under a week) and i spent HUNDREDS on this group buy and never got a thing. Learning experience i guess.

It actually does make me happy to come back to geekhack and see that some people did actually get their GH60s thanks to people like Spam, Bunny, and at one point Sam. Warms the heart.

truly a golden glod.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #6491 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 22:46:02 »
I'm really happy to see that people got their boards, even if i'm a "little" bitter that i never saw mine.

Oh well. The world is still a better place for trying. Thanks to all the people who shipped stuff.

Offline HannibalChew

• Formerly PixelScript
    • gaffworks
« Reply #6492 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:15:07 »
Still waiting for mine  :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6493 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:17:08 »

Anyone still waiting for me

I’m sorry I had a baby 2 weeks ago and it’s thrown me upside down, I did manage to finish all the builds and will flash and get them out shortly to people

I’ve sent videos of the builds to about 5 people but haven’t taken the other footage off my phone yet

Will come back with pics, vids and final update soon once I get the home life under control with the new little person

Offline HannibalChew

• Formerly PixelScript
    • gaffworks
« Reply #6494 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:19:42 »

I’m sorry I had a baby 2 weeks ago and it’s thrown me upside down, I did manage to finish all the builds and will flash and get them out shortly to people

I’ve sent videos of the builds to about 5 people but haven’t taken the other footage off my phone yet

Will come back with pics, vids and final update soon once I get the home life under control with the new little person

Congratulations!

My order wasn't a build, I've sent support ticket but haven't heard anything in a while.

I hope you don't lose too much sleep in the coming months!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6495 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:20:43 »

Congratulations!

My order wasn't a build, I've sent support ticket but haven't heard anything in a while.

I hope you don't lose too much sleep in the coming months!

Shoot me a pm with the ticket number, I can’t promise I’ll get to it tonight but I’ll 100 percent reply some time this weekend if not

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #6496 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 16:10:37 »

Nah. waiting for mashby to return...Someday?

It's really frustrating to watch every other proxy complete their thing...and mashby has just kinda poofed. I'm super happy, and super greatful to everyone who's involved and helped with this project so many times....Just it's kinda the neverending feeling of stuff getting ALMOST there but just not entirely?

I know that mashby has a life, and he's still alive and functional (his blog updates) and I don't harbor any ill will, but it's just at that point where you're entirely at "WTF?!"

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 November 2017, 16:19:06 by kravlin »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #6497 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 02:39:02 »

Nah. waiting for mashby to return...Someday?

It's really frustrating to watch every other proxy complete their thing...and mashby has just kinda poofed. I'm super happy, and super greatful to everyone who's involved and helped with this project so many times....Just it's kinda the neverending feeling of stuff getting ALMOST there but just not entirely?

I know that mashby has a life, and he's still alive and functional (his blog updates) and I don't harbor any ill will, but it's just at that point where you're entirely at "WTF?!"

I’m gonna have some spare plates and pcbs, I didn’t have close to enough stabs for my orders sent to me so I’ve been sending them out of personal supply, same with switches but as for plates and pcbs once I’ve finished off my last few orders I’d be happy to send extras I have to people on mashbys list, I’ll post here once I’ve sent the last of mine with what I have left and I’m happy to send it to anyone still waiting for cost of shipping

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #6498 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 16:03:51 »
Wanted to let y'all know that I'm trying to get in contact with mashby and see if I can take over the shipping for the orders he has.

I have a 6 week break from school in December/January and believe I would be able to get all of the orders shipped during that time. I've had someone text him and I have been trying to get in touch with him on Twitter which he seems to be active on.

Really hoping this works out and that those of us remaining will be able to get our boards!

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #6499 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 16:14:20 »
BunnyLake, Congrats!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0