Author Topic: Apple Mouse Review  (Read 32727 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Apple Mouse Review
« on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:10:01 »
APPLE MOUSE REVIEW
BY MICROSOFT WINDOWS

So today, I decided to review a computer mouse made by Apple Inc. Here it is.
30237-0

Unfortunately, the ball inside of it got lost because its protective ring cover fell out.
30239-1

But that didn't stop me! By sticking my finger inside the mouse, I was able to control the rollers in it, move the cursor around the screen, and start up Microsoft Word, where I was able to use my RARE vintage custom Apple keyboard to type a brief message about the mouse.
30241-2
30243-3

Overall, my experience with the Apple mouse was noticeably less than pleasant. If Apple's engineers were better, they would include a spare click button on the bottom of the mouse in case the crappy retaining ring failed and the ball fell out of it. That way, I would not have to turn the mouse over every time I had to click. The mouse would also work much better with a ball in it.

Overall, I would rate this among the absolute worst of my mouse experiences. But there is a moral to this story--if Apple's mice are this terrible, how are their computers? This mouse experience provides good reason to never purchase an Apple product, as it was ugly, dirty, and provided poor functionality. That, my friends, is yet another good reason to switch to Windows today!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Apple Mouse Review
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:11:51 »
Nice write up!!

It's always nice when there are pictures then the words are less impotent.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:12:36 »
Excellent review.

My favourite here so far.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:13:01 »
Thank god you posted this now. I was just on the fence about purchasing one of these. I will NEVER buy an Apple product now that I can see their quality is completely subpar.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:20:57 »
I dont get it

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:33:28 »
omg. Really appreciated the review. I used to have one of those. It's so true about the missing mouse button.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:38:22 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:38:42 »
I am pretty new

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:42:08 »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:46:12 »

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 22:35:27 »
Brilliant review

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 11:49:31 »
Excellent review.

My favourite here so far.

I am glad to hear your positive feedback to my gloriously written review. Perhaps I will follow it with another one in the coming weeks.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 17:52:06 »
Yes. Best ever.

Having the possibility to stick your finger in is actually a feature.
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline six7777

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 22:05:24 »
The review along with your signature line - awesome!! ~ (I'm really new here)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 22:40:01 »
You should try a hockey puck mouse!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 02:03:52 »
I actually used one of these mice for about a year when I owned a Centris.  I actually liked it.  I was 9 or 10 though, my hands were much smaller.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 02:06:20 »
I actually used one of these mice for about a year when I owned a Centris.  I actually liked it.  I was 9 or 10 though, my hands were much smaller.

The one that is the subject of this "review"?

I think I still have one of those lying around at home.

With its ball intact.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 03:06:28 »

The one that is the subject of this "review"?

Yup.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 13:30:31 »
I got this mouse with a vintage Apple board I bought awhile back.  It's actually the only mouse I own at the moment.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 00:11:59 »
 :blank: do you need the ball for the mouse? i think i still have one in my garage

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 06:17:53 »
:blank: do you need the ball for the mouse? i think i still have one in my garage

A few years ago I came across a lot of dumped Apple Mice in a trash dumpster.  People usually just drop stuff into business dumpsters because it's handy and doesn't cost them anything.

Anyway I opened up each rodent and removed the ball because they made excellent sling shot ammo.  What's so beautiful about the Apple Mouse Balls they were coated in grey rubber like material that seems to adhere to any surface without losing grip.

I managed to extract about 47 of them but later that afternoon slung them into moving trucks and cars along the Great Eastern Highway.  Sweet memories and yes I was once a problem child.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 06:19:46 by Elrick »

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:33:46 »
I just wanted to say THANK YOU.

Keeping up with current technology is so hard these days.

People like you make it easy to keep up with the latest and greatest.

Thanks.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 10:06:29 »

A few years ago I came across a lot of dumped Apple Mice in a trash dumpster.  People usually just drop stuff into business dumpsters because it's handy and doesn't cost them anything.

Anyway I opened up each rodent and removed the ball because they made excellent sling shot ammo.  What's so beautiful about the Apple Mouse Balls they were coated in grey rubber like material that seems to adhere to any surface without losing grip.

I managed to extract about 47 of them but later that afternoon slung them into moving trucks and cars along the Great Eastern Highway.  Sweet memories and yes I was once a problem child.

I miss those days.
Good, solid fun throwing my balls...
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 10:08:20 by gigibecali »
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 18:12:18 »

Thanks.

Thanks! I find it to be very important to keep up with technology as well. That's why I figured I'd warn you all to not buy the Apple mouse!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 08:14:10 »

Thanks.

Thanks! I find it to be very important to keep up with technology as well. That's why I figured I'd warn you all to not buy the Apple mouse!

Where do you recommend as a good place to go to keep up with technology nowadays?

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 08:41:56 »

Thanks.

Where do you recommend as a good place to go to keep up with technology nowadays?

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.microsoft.com
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 11:11:21 »
Hahaha I hadn't smiled all day and this review did the trick.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 13:21:11 »
Man I got to get me one of these!
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 17:29:49 »
I found my one of these while moving house recently - its ball is still intact.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:16:58 »

Wow you're lucky!

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 11:22:33 »
Man I got to get me one of these!

If you get one, I'd also recommend looking into getting a matching keyboard to go with it. I have one for sale here with free shipping:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37596

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 22:14:23 »
Any discount if i buy the mouse and keyboard from you?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 01:35:53 »

Wow you're lucky!

Thank you.

I also found the Mac it belongs to - an ancient beige PowerMac 8400AV something running an ancient version of Mac OS, maybe around 6 or 7.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:13:02 »
System 6 is good. It'll run great off of an 800k floppy on a Mac Plus. Beats the hell out of that OSX crap they're making now.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:13:31 »
Any discount if i buy the mouse and keyboard from you?

I'll give you a 3% discount on the Convenience Handling charge.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 19:13:44 »
System 6 is good. It'll run great off of an 800k floppy on a Mac Plus. Beats the hell out of that OSX crap they're making now.

I actually preferred OS 7.5 running on the 350/8600.  I loved that machine for more than 2 years of usage, which was the longest time in my life of owning a single PC, will never happen again unfortunately.

I tried to like OS 8 but always went back to the 7 series  :thumb: .

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 07:21:54 »
I remember using one of those Apple mice/computer combo during my early years of elementary... We were forced to use Apple's horrible word processor before they licensed Microsoft's :(

AND THAT'S NOT MICROSOFT OFFICE!
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 16:03:32 »
I remember using one of those Apple mice/computer combo during my early years of elementary... We were forced to use Apple's horrible word processor before they licensed Microsoft's :(

AND THAT'S NOT MICROSOFT OFFICE!

Believe it or not, that is Microsoft Word you see on that screen. I think it's Word 2.0 or something. It was released in 1989. It's real awful to use compared to Word 6.0.

Offline SNF

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 04:57:59 »
Wow ball mouse, memories lol

Don't forget to take the ball out and clean it!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 05:24:27 »
We still have a few ball mouses at work, mainly on the servers.

Every now and again I do give the mouse balls a quick blow.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 06:18:40 »
Believe it or not, that is Microsoft Word you see on that screen. I think it's Word 2.0 or something. It was released in 1989. It's real awful to use compared to Word 6.0.

I still remember using the famous MAC only word processor "ClarisWorks 3.0" under 7.5.  Didn't have the money at that time to buy anything related to Microsoft because ClarisWorks was bundled for FREE on my PowerPC.

It was basically no more sophisticated than a basic typewriter, which served it's purpose back then.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2013, 06:20:40 by Elrick »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 09:40:44 »
Back in the late 1990's we used ClarisWorks at the school where I worked. Then they changed the name to AppleWorks. Used Appleworks on Mac OS 9.2.2 for over 5 years. And then they upgraded them all to Mac OS X (Mega-Awful Crappy Old **** for Xtremedummies).

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 21:42:26 »
Every now and again I do give the mouse balls a quick blow.

:eek:
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 23:04:00 »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 09:06:32 »
So funny I forgot to laugh. Sigh.....Mac users and their pathetic sense of humor...

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 14:51:54 »
I still have one of these gems if anybody is interested.  All you have to do is pay shipping.   Apparently, people actually pay for these on Ebay.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 18:52:40 »
I still have one of these gems if anybody is interested.  All you have to do is pay shipping.   Apparently, people actually pay for these on Ebay.

I too still have mine, it surfaced while I was moving house recently along with the keyboard and original Mac.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 09:24:58 »
Is it a 68K mac? Those were always cool...I enjoy playing Checkers on mine.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:58:47 »

Awww yea! I have mine.  ;)
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 00:37:16 »
Is it a 68K mac? Those were always cool...I enjoy playing Checkers on mine.

No, sorry, an early Power Mac 8500 or something like that.