Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 727602 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: (GB) TOXIC
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:53:44 »
I guess this is the downside of the big hype.

Of course everyone was eager to place the order as fast as possible to be among the first buyers. And that lead to mistakes or people realized they wanted other sets as well.

Maybe there is the possibility to use PayPal's authorisation mechanic to enable order editing in the future?

Offline Snooter

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:57:12 »
right, im back, i have 170000 pm and emails to work through

Thanks for all the effort Bunny, I don't think most people realise the kind of time it takes from you personally to set this up. I know we all appreciate it.

its all good sir itll be worth it

i will say there seems to be an obscene number of people wanting to edit things in their order

if anyone has any feedback on the site, as to whether everything is clear or not please let me know

I think the site functions great and I didn't personally have a problem with it. The pessimist in me thinks there are so many alterations to their order because people were trying to order the bare minimum for the bots and then wanted to add more later. I obviously have 0 proof of this I usually just think of worst case scenario.

I also saw some people, in the bots thread I think it was, say they didn't realize to add more than 1 quantity they had to change the number at the checkout screen. I think it threw people off clicking add to cart and then never being asked an amount, they didn't realize or think to change it on their own at checkout.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 09:07:47 »

I really feel for you there. After all you had to do for the GB launching properly, from skipping meals and sleep, you now get a ton of problems to try and sort out. I can't even imagine how time-consuming this has to be. Thanks a lot again, for everything.
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 09:09:14 »
Speaking of BroBots:

It is still unclear to me whether it is really first come first serve or if it was basically enough to order within the first couple of minutes to be eligble for a random BroBot lottery.

If it was really only first come first serve I feel like a fool for ordering one of everything which obviously takes longer than just buying the base set.

Could have just clicked base + mods and ask Bunny to edit my order later...

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 09:31:41 »
Speaking of BroBots:

It is still unclear to me whether it is really first come first serve or if it was basically enough to order within the first couple of minutes to be eligble for a random BroBot lottery.

If it was really only first come first serve I feel like a fool for ordering one of everything which obviously takes longer than just buying the base set.

I think I lost the gist of the thread as well, somewhere in the last 30-odd pages...  Wasn't there also a reference to people who were on the original Toxic GB list getting first dibs on something?  Or was that just me mis-reading a comment about the current GB and thinking it related to the original thread?

Fwiw, I noted the current GB was going to run for 30 days, so I held off placing an order until things settle for a bit.  Does that mean I've missed the only open window for extra goodies, or will all orders placed be eligible?

Apologies all around if this has already been asked and answered multiple times!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 09:41:25 »
Speaking of BroBots:

so its a little from column a and column b

a shortlist will be made from me of everyone who meets the criteria listed in the brobot rules

that list will be presented to bro in order

for information on how bro is likely to work through that list, please read his FAQ in his vendor forum

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 09:51:46 »
password reset should now be working

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 09:57:57 »

Thanks for all the effort Bunny, I don't think most people realise the kind of time it takes from you personally to set this up. I know we all appreciate it.

i will say there seems to be an obscene number of people wanting to edit things in their order

if anyone has any feedback on the site, as to whether everything is clear or not please let me know

I expect the number of edits is just due to people trying to order and check out as fast as humanly possible. I expect that you'll get significantly fewer edits per order over the course of the next few weeks than you did during the initial rush.

^^ and people just wanting brobots :P

i'd be curious what the final GB order number is.
With original thread there was the boasting of over 400 orders.
Wonder if it actually hits that mark.

Also how many cancellations come in the next few days because of lack of Brobots.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 09:59:37 »
From what was stated the only people who are in the running for bots is the ones that are already paid within the first 7 days.  This is to prevent cancellations due to not getting bros.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:05:15 »

I expect the number of edits is just due to people trying to order and check out as fast as humanly possible. I expect that you'll get significantly fewer edits per order over the course of the next few weeks than you did during the initial rush.

^^ and people just wanting brobots :P

i'd be curious what the final GB order number is.
With original thread there was the boasting of over 400 orders.
Wonder if it actually hits that mark.

Also how many cancellations come in the next few days because of lack of Brobots.

anyone who disputes payments because they didnt get in the bot draw, will be forbidden from any future events either ctrl alt or bro caps do in the future,  we have explicitly posted several times, the brobot v2 pack is an add on for people participating in this group buy,  anyone who cancels their order based on not getting into the bots, was only here to take the opportunity away from people who genuinely wanted them to go with their set, which is the intended purpose and why we have put so much work in

« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:09:34 by BunnyLake »

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:12:43 »
anyone who disputes payments because they didnt get in the bot draw, will be forbidden from any future events either ctrl alt or bro caps do in the future,  we have explicitly posted several times, the brobot v2 pack is an add on for people participating in this group buy,  anyone who cancels their order based on not getting into the bots, was only here to take the opportunity away from people who genuinely wanted them to go with their set, which is the intended purpose and why we have put so much work in

i know what you've been saying, but i also know that many people got hyped into this gb because of the bots.
proof ofcourse is the fact so many people were staying up and marathoning to wait for your GB to launch.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:18:25 »

i know what you've been saying, but i also know that many people got hyped into this gb because of the bots.
proof ofcourse is the fact so many people were staying up and marathoning to wait for your GB to launch.

There have also been people that have been hyped into this buy long before the announcement of bro bots.  I have pretty much been in this buy since I joined here.  I am just glad to see this finally come to a reality. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline happymgy

• Veatiful
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:18:48 »
BunnyLake, i send PM to you.
Check recent PM please.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:18:48 »
It was always clear from my perspective that the bots were ment to go with the set.

I can see nothing wrong if crt alt and bro feels it right to blacklist someone because they were only in it to try snap up the brobot without even caring enough to buy this set for what it is regardless of outcome.

I for one am extremely pleased that the toxic set finally got of the ground, was the first group buy I signed up for and the reason I am even on geekhack.

Why am I still awake!!! This buy screwed up my body clock. :) :)

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:32:05 »

There have also been people that have been hyped into this buy long before the announcement of bro bots.  I have pretty much been in this buy since I joined here.  I am just glad to see this finally come to a reality. 

You can be hyped for it, but the fact is people were marathoning and staying up strictly for the brobot chance.
Because lets be honest, no GB has been run here for less than 24 hours on a mass produced keyset lol.
There was no need to torture yourself/stay up if you just wanted the toxic caps.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:34:52 »
Check recent PM please.

Bunny has a massive backlog of PMs. He's said he'll read through all of them, but it may well take some time to get through them.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:35:48 »
Check recent PM please.

Bunny has a massive backlog of PMs. He's said he'll read through all of them, but it may well take some time to get through them.

i replied to him already

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:47:10 »

Same, lol. Need to force myself to bed early tonight. :P
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:05:14 »

Same, lol. Need to force myself to bed early tonight. :P

yup

my body has switched over to american time

still

TITANFALLL

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:08:40 »
There was no need to torture yourself/stay up if you just wanted the toxic caps.

There was no need to torture yourself/stay up if you wanted the brobots either. They said several times in several locations that the speed of which you submitted your order had nothing to do with who would get bots. I'm telling you someone could order on day 6 or 7, pay in full, and have the same chance as someone who got an order in one second after the sale went up.

The idea was to stop people from just getting bros for resale, or just to get them and not care about the Toxic set. It seems kind of arbitrary but I'm sure Bro caps isn't going to be playing favorites because I have not really seen evidence of that ever happening before. He always seems to try and make something fair, or at the very least by chance.

Keep calm and enjoy the toxic
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline moogle

_
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:16:12 »
_
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 September 2017, 14:28:39 by moogle »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:20:27 »
anyone aiming for all dark alphas & mods w/ toxic stripe look? 8)

I only wanted the dark stuff but bought most of the rest just in case :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:22:53 by SpAmRaY »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:21:55 »
anyone aiming for all dark alphas & mods w/ toxic stripe look? :cool:

I got everything except the numpad & spacebar pack, so I'll test every combination and find out what I like the most. ^^
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:23:06 »

I got everything except the numpad & spacebar pack, so I'll test every combination and find out what I like the most. ^^

Yup I got everything but the ISO and the 1800 kit.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:36:53 »
little fact

out of all the orders in so far that opted in to bots and followed the rules

those people have over a 50% chance of getting in, i havent run all the math yet but id say slightly over 60% shot

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:40:21 »
little fact

those people have over a 50% chance of getting in, i havent run all the math yet but id say slightly over 60% shot

Chance?! Paypal notes or notes when you order?

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:40:37 »
It will be interesting to see how much the percentage has dropped at the end of the seven day window.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:43:01 »
little fact

This is gives me hope.  Thanks!  Hope I followed all the rules correctly.    :p
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:45:14 »
Oh and I want to say that the mobile experience for the site worked really well.  I ordered via my phone yesterday, and the UI was nice and clean with big large buttons for me to press.   :thumb:
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:45:35 »

I bought both sets of mods and the stripe. Whichever mod set I don't use will go to my dad, which means I get to choose which version I like better :P
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline SaySo

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:50:16 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:15:03 by SaySo »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:53:56 »
little fact

Wow! That chance is way higher than I expected  :thumb:

Just to be sure: I am on that list for the MX Bots and followed the rules right? I mean I basically bought one of everything and already paid via PayPal :)

Offline Ishamael

(GB) TOXIC
« Reply #232 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:54:19 »
little fact

I did write in the notes when I ordered but not in the paypal notes too  :(

I don't know that we had to put it in the PayPal notes, since if someone chose to be invoiced instead of paying via PayPal, they obviously wouldn't have any PayPal noted to fill out.

That being said, I paid via PayPal, and only opted in via the order form, not additionally in the PayPal notes, so I hope I'm right =)

Edit: spelling

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:56:25 »
you are fine lechner

and i have no idea where anyone got anything about paypal notes

Offline elton5354

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 11:57:16 »
little fact

I did write in the notes when I ordered but not in the paypal notes too  :(

I don't know that we had to put it in the PayPal notes, since if someone chose to be invoiced instead of paying via PayPal, they obviously wouldn't have any PayPal noted to fill out.

That being said, I paid via PayPal, and only opted in via the order form, not additionally in the PayPal notes, so I hope I'm right =)

Edit: spelling

"when you place your order, if you would like to opt in for a chance at the brobot pack, please write in the notes, whether you would like either the topre or mx variant"

Notes in their website prior to submitting your order should be fine, i think

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:02:57 »

you are fine lechner

I think the paranoia is stemming from the fact there is a section when paying via PayPal that allows for a note/instructions to be sent to the seller, and the instructions didn't explicitly say which notes section was required.

Very happy to hear you say the PayPal section wasn't necessary! =)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:04:15 »

you are fine lechner

I think the paranoia is stemming from the fact there is a section when paying via PayPal that allows for a note/instructions to be sent to the seller, and the instructions didn't explicitly say which notes section was required.

Very happy to hear you say the PayPal section wasn't necessary! =)

yeah

just need to make a note on your order on the site

of everyone in the panic who ordered yesterday and forgot to make a note, i have added it manually my end, however, from now on i wont be doing that, the info is out there now

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:11:18 »
Have to get lunch then actually accomplish something at work today, but if you get a free second Bunny, would you be able confirm if I followed rules correctly to be in running for Bros? I think so, but it's that darn paranoia...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:20:08 »
Have to get lunch then actually accomplish something at work today, but if you get a free second Bunny, would you be able confirm if I followed rules correctly to be in running for Bros? I think so, but it's that darn paranoia...

you are all good sir

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:23:41 »

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

muwahahahah

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:27:41 »

muwahahahah

Bunny's not out to get us though. Just our wallets :P

Offline Ishamael

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:30:58 »

you are all good sir

Thanks!

muwahahahah

Damn it you're right. I'm gonna have to wear my tinfoil hat in the office and hope no one no one complains.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:37:05 »
little fact

Mind shedding some light on the deciding factors yet?

Also I apologize in advance if this has been said but, when and how will we know if we have been chosen?

Thanks!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:43:57 »
little fact

Also I apologize in advance if this has been said but, when and how will we know if we have been chosen?

Thanks!

We get notified within 7 days of the start of the group buy.

At least part of the deciding factor is Bro Caps' judgement and personal criteria

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:44:55 »
little fact

Thanks!

You will get a PM and a seperate invoice for the Bros in seven days from the launch. I think.
About the deciding factors, hmmm. I would also love a playful hint :p :p :p
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #245 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:45:55 »
little fact

Thanks!

We get notified within 7 days of the start of the group buy.

At least part of the deciding factor is Bro Caps' judgement and personal criteria

I think i'm out then, he probably doesn't even know who i am or that i exist :))
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #246 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:48:51 »
Let's refrain from making assumptions, folks. :)

Offline Yslen

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 12:59:23 »
I was undecided whether to try for the Brobots, I ended up not bothering. They look great and I can see the appeal, both as caps and collectors items... but the thought of  spending almost as much on two caps as I have on the whole set? :eek:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 13:01:21 »
Let's refrain from making assumptions, folks. :)

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 13:04:05 »
you are fine lechner

Did I follow the rules correctly? I just want to be sure... BUT if it's too much of a hassle to check it's ok! I'm just excited for the set!  ;D Not excited for the wait though!