Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1945478 times)

Offline skuko

Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #2650 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 04:18:22 »
yeah, granite is actually one of two sets i have kept (the other one being Macross), even though i've sold everything else :) doesn't get as much credit as it deserves.

will post my varmilo with granite later (my current daily driver)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2651 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 07:34:53 »
yeah, granite is actually one of two sets i have kept (the other one being Macross), even though i've sold everything else :) doesn't get as much credit as it deserves.

will post my varmilo with granite later (my current daily driver)

I love my Skull Squad set too, but I do not use it, because it tend to shine easily; thus, I would let it go along with keyboards that may go on sale later this year. I am pretty sure our GH fellows may be very happy to give it a home.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2652 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 02:15:20 »
When will the granite set will be back I'm late for the party and wish to get one will there be another round of these awesome keycaps?  :cool:

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2653 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 02:18:16 »
i want granite DSA for alps -_-
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2654 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 05:49:56 »

Might be the first DSA Alps set?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2655 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 05:51:15 »

i think there's an IC for some blue-ish set (alpine right?). it's not to my liking though :(

people give DSA a bad rap but it's honestly fine with me, especially in PBT with dyesub legends. after all, topre pbt is pretty thin and i prefer it over thick cherry doubleshot ABS :))
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2656 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 05:52:33 »

i think there's an IC for some blue-ish set (alpine right?). it's not to my liking though :(

I must admit I've not been following it, not having an Alps keyboard.

Although I do have an Alps keycap set on the way, which shows my dedication.  Or lunacy.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2657 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 05:53:46 »

Although I do have an Alps keycap set on the way, which shows my dedication.  Or lunacy.

yr wild.
i am gonna be building a 60% soon with AEK2 caps, but i'm SURE i'll want to swap them out at some point if more caps are available. i can't stand DCS but DSA Granite might actually convince me not to use the AEK caps :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2658 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 06:13:52 »

yr wild.
i am gonna be building a 60% soon with AEK2 caps, but i'm SURE i'll want to swap them out at some point if more caps are available. i can't stand DCS but DSA Granite might actually convince me not to use the AEK caps :)

I kinda like the AEK caps - the slightly italic legends are sweet, almost like the Filco legends (at least the legends on my Filco yellow keycaps).  Maybe 'cause it's something a little different to the norm.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2659 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 06:14:54 »
the legends are great but i also really like the feeling of the smooth pbt. a bit of a break from the norm :) the profile's kinda wacky too -- i'm pretty curious to see how it fares on a 60%.

Offline majnu

« Reply #2660 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 17:52:56 »
Will there be another group buy or is it only a mass drop purchase now?
Also for those that purchased the WASD set for gaming are the keycaps contoured?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2661 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 19:40:27 »
The best part of Granite is that being die subbed it can have the more unique legends around.