Author Topic: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit (Closed for Orders, 97% shipped. SEE LAST POSTS)  (Read 380903 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit
« Reply #1700 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 12:13:04 »
Does anyone have a TaoBao connection or similar?

I'm looking at good metric nut options in black color.  At the moment, I'm mostly settled with self-locking black hex huts with nylon insert, but those are kind of a pain to screw on if you don't have a spanner or some tool to carefully screw those onto a bolt.

These are perfect, but only in a lot of 5000 pieces and from Alibaba...  Maybe there's similar on TaoBao?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/China-manufacturer-best-price-black-head_60150868854.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.CYCMJR

Show Image
Show Image

(Need size M2, black, knurled thumb nuts, about 420 pieces for the group buy)

I've contacted the Alibaba vendor in the meantime.

My source of screws and whatever have these: M2 High Thumb Nuts (DIN 466) - Black A2 Stainless Steel. Not sure if that's what you need but worth the try :)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1701 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 12:37:36 »
Those are pretty cool but perhaps too large, and also quite expensive!  I mean people can order whatever they want for themselves later, including fancy anodized aluminum washers in rainbow colors, but I'm looking to get about 420 nuts to ship with the kits, and there's no group buy money to cover it. (Those bumpons were paid for with my own bank account).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #1702 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 21:06:54 »
How about these ones?
https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=532791645925

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Offline tahuds

« Reply #1703 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 21:25:40 »
Those are pretty cool but perhaps too large, and also quite expensive!  I mean people can order whatever they want for themselves later, including fancy anodized aluminum washers in rainbow colors, but I'm looking to get about 420 nuts to ship with the kits, and there's no group buy money to cover it. (Those bumpons were paid for with my own bank account).

What about these?
http://store.rc4wd.com/Nylock-Nuts-M2-Black_p_3062.html https://www.amazon.com/Knurled-Flat-Thumb-Thin-Black/dp/B01N34KKDB

« Last Edit: Fri, 12 May 2017, 21:28:08 by tahuds »
I have beerology feedback from sales on the arstechnica.com forum going back to 2007 at the link-  http://www.beerology.com/view.cfm?id=3848

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1704 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 21:51:23 »

What about these?
http://store.rc4wd.com/Nylock-Nuts-M2-Black_p_3062.html https://www.amazon.com/Knurled-Flat-Thumb-Thin-Black/dp/B01N34KKDB

Those are the regular lock nuts, I can get these easily from many sources and what I have at the moment (see photos on the previous page).  They are not easy to screw on without a socket wrench type thing, because of the nylon insert (by design).  They work fine, I'm just exploring other options before fully committing.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1705 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 21:52:16 »

Offline tahuds

« Reply #1706 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 22:00:31 »
Sorry, the second link was what I was actually trying to get in there https://www.amazon.com/Knurled-Flat-Thumb-Thin-Black/dp/B01N34KKDB
I have beerology feedback from sales on the arstechnica.com forum going back to 2007 at the link-  http://www.beerology.com/view.cfm?id=3848

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #1707 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 22:01:38 »
How about these ones?
https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=532791645925

That link is wrong, I think.
I couldnt find the specific one you showed in Taobao.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1708 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 22:02:26 »
How about these ones?

That link is wrong, I think.
I couldnt find the specific one you showed in Taobao.

I meant that your link leads to a page that says "The current page is empty, click on the top of the toolbar in the "online source code editor" can be modified and submitted page code."

Offline tahuds

« Reply #1709 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 22:05:22 »
Sorry, the second link was the one I meant to post. These would likely work. They don't look pretty, but frankly for the price we're not beating them. https://www.amazon.com/Knurled-Flat-Thumb-Thin-Black/dp/B01N34KKDB

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #1710 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 22:08:26 »
(Post removed, as the atrachment upload failed...)
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 May 2017, 22:10:42 by fatchoi »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1711 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 22:12:59 »
Yeah unfortunately they are also $5.50 for 20 pieces.

So basically there are many cool looking options one can do for their own kit individually.  For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M2-M2-5-Colorful-Aluminum-Cup-Head-Screw-Bolt-Cone-Meson-Washers-Gaskets-/252348124336

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorful-M2-M3-Anodizing-Alloy-Aluminum-Lock-Hex-Flange-Nuts-Nut-/131918945095

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M2-M2-5-M3-M4-Brass-Thumb-Nut-Knurled-Thumb-Nuts-Pack-10-/182500926814

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20PCS-M2-M2-5-M3-M4-M5-M6-Stainless-Steel-Knurled-round-blind-end-hand-thumb/32797460830.html

You are all welcome to buy your own stuff.  My goal is to find a good but economic solution to buy 460 nuts and 460 bolts.  Those prices add up!  (Especially when there's no group buy funds to use.)  But for just one kit, any one of those options is quite cheap.

. . .
I'm waiting to hear back from the Alibaba vendor.  If they say no, I'm probably going to go with M2-18mm partially threaded bolts + regular hex nuts for ease of use.  Then anyone who wants something fancy yet still cheap can search for things like I listed above.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 May 2017, 22:20:10 by Photoelectric »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1712 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 14:29:00 »
I got a quote from the Chinese manufacturer who makes very nice M2 thumb nuts in black, and unfortunately it's like $400 shipped to the US for 500 pieces...  I guess their very low price per piece was for MoQ of 5000 or higher.

So current plan is to go with 18mm partially-threaded M2 black socket head bolts + standard black hex nuts (which, combined, will still be close to $150 shipped for all, but not AS expensive).  If anyone wants more interesting alternatives for individual kits, please refer to examples in my post above.
. . .
Bad news: I've discovered that the plate cut-outs don't support Costar stabilizers.  The correct stabilizers to use with these top plates are Cherry type in 6.25x length, PCB-mounted ONLY.  Unfortunately group buy participants will have to source those on their own, along with switches and LEDs.  Use only genuine Cherry stabilizers in 6.25 length.  We're looking into source options now.

I'm getting those bolts and nuts today, and when they arrive, we can finally begin shipping.  I have little 2x3" 4mil ziploc bags on the way to sort fasteners and bottom feet for each order.

edit:  bolts and nuts ordered.  Delivery by June 2nd (they have to be manufactured to spec).  Partially-threaded black stainless steel M2 socket head bolts of 18mm length + black stainless steel M2 nuts.

Things you will get:
- the top and botom plate
- JD40 II PCB (which already includes the controller, so teensy is not needed, all SMD parts presoldered)
- sorbothane gasket
- 6 nuts and 6 bolts

Things you will need to source yourself:
- switches
- LEDs (optional)
- 1 6.25x Cherry stabilizer for the spacebar
- mini USB cable

Bad news #2: we can't cover shipping costs, so if participants wouldn't mind, we can quote shipping costs on individual basis. 
. . .

I have photos of 2 kits I've finished for other people so far here (using the wrong Costar stabilizer inserts, which don't really fit properly :(  They are pending to be swapped to plate-mounted Cherry stabilizers.)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/photoelectric_effect/albums/72157680672040444

« Last Edit: Tue, 16 May 2017, 14:00:19 by Photoelectric »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #1713 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 14:32:02 »
Thank you for everything you have done to revive this GB Photoelectric, and those are some great looking boards!

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #1714 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 21:08:17 »
Bad news: I've discovered that the plate cut-outs don't support Costar stabilizers.  The correct stabilizers to use with these top plates are Cherry type in 6.25x length, either plate- or PCB-mounted.  Unfortunately group buy participants will have to source those on their own, along with switches and LEDs.  Use only genuine Cherry stabilizers in 6.25 length.  We're looking into source options now.

...snip...

I have photos of 2 kits I've finished for other people so far here (using the wrong Costar stabilizer inserts, which don't really fit properly :(  They are pending to be swapped to plate-mounted Cherry stabilizers.)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/photoelectric_effect/albums/72157680672040444

Please tell me this is a cruel joke. I donated the money so that each kit could come with a full stabilizer set and only now, almost 3 years later, is it revealed that the wrong parts were purchased? I believe Ming got them from Weyman @ WASD.

CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1715 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 21:21:29 »
Yeah it's annoying indeed.  I discussed it with mkawa, and he's not happy about it either.  I was told that the plans for the plates were taken from JDCarpe, and JD was the one who said that Costar stabs should be used.  However, it's obvious that the cut-outs made for the stabilizers are not long enough for costar stabilizers.  They can be mounted upside down with some success if you file the plastic bits that go into the plate (file into one of the notches to extend it), but it's a fair amount of filing, and even then it's not quite a perfect fit, to the point where I'd say it's not really a viable solution. 

Offline PandaSPUR

« Reply #1716 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 11:44:59 »
Haven't had any email about this yet, but theres a member who is interested in buying my order. Will transfer of ownership be possible?
Home:
Das Keyboard - MX Browns - Vortex Grey Side-Printed PBT Caps
Work:
KBT Pure - iKBC Aluminum Case - MX Reds
Vortex Poker II - Frosty on Lime Acrylic Case - MX Clears

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1717 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 14:28:33 »
Haven't had any email about this yet, but theres a member who is interested in buying my order. Will transfer of ownership be possible?

Got your PM and spoke with the person interested in taking it over.  Continuing via PMs.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1718 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 17:24:48 »
Just so everyone knows what we're waiting for: it's the nuts and bolts to connect the case.  Once they are finished manufacturing and arrive, and are checked over, I'll start working on pushing out all the orders.  I'm also working on assembling the kits for those who've requested assembly (4 down, I think 3 to go). 

I'll start verifying USA shipping addresses soon.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1719 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 13:59:10 »
I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to a couple of people who have been helping with finishing up this group buy, financially, and with helping obtain parts (like silly custom bolts that I couldn't get shipped directly to the US because of some trade embargo...). They wish to remain anonymous, but still I should mention this much.

Also, PCB-mounted Cherry stabilizers WILL be provided with every kit.

Offline bboyer

« Reply #1720 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 18:05:08 »
Woah, Huge appreciation for Photoelectric and the anonymous helpers  :thumb: thanks for the great work

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #1721 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 18:54:27 »
Really appreciate Photoelectric and the anonymous helpers too. :)

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1722 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 08:34:08 »
Thanks PhotoE; my address has changed twice since I ordered this. Looking forward to your PM. :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1723 on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 09:24:22 »
Yes, I'll start verifying USA order addresses soon.

At the moment I'm still trying to get ahold of all the international orders (6 people yet to reply, and one person I'm having difficulty contacting because their e-mail no longer works, nor can I find them on GH).

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #1724 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 15:56:25 »
Guess what board I'm tying on right now.  ;D ;D

I've been talking with Photoelectric for a little bit about testing out one of the boards, and it finally came. Here is the board in all its glory (and potato quality).

More Photos!!
More
And here it is with my OG JD40.

And some glamor shots with Granite caps on it.

And some with the case popped open. Though to be honest I would not recommend popping it open very often. You can leave the bolts loose enough to reach the programing switch without taking the case off, and that is way easier. If you pop the whole thing open, it takes quite a while to get all the bolts tightened perfectly so that the sorbothane sits right.

I'm really loving the board so far. Its a bit tricky to take apart, but when its all put together, it is a dream to type on. The sorbothane does a really good job of absorbing the impact from key presses. The stock bolts that come with the case are a bit on the meh side, but they serve there purpose, and are easy to replace.

The finish of the metal is fantastic, and looks beautiful especially with my granite caps. While I was sad the the medium blue andonization got cancelled, this is still a great finish.

The board is also really easy to program (I used easyAVR), though you do need to remember to install the atmega32u4 drivers (which took me way to long to realize I hadn't done).

If you have any questions about the board feel free to ask, I'm sure there are tons of things I have forgotten to mention.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1725 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:08:49 »
Thanks for the review :)  The bolts and nuts you're using are from a test batch I got in quantity of 25 pieces from Amazon when I needed quick 20mm M2 bolts and was still trying to see if bolt-through was the best option.  The bolts and nuts that have been purchased in bulk for the rest of the group buy are different. (edit: but they will still be m2 and therefore thin / with smaller "heads", this is to protect the sorbothane gasket as much as possible).
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2017, 16:19:36 by Photoelectric »

Offline chronos

Re: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit (Closed for Orders)
« Reply #1726 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 00:55:07 »
That finished product looks _amazing_.  Credit to mkawa for setting out to make something epic and succeeding, and huge thanks to Photoelectric and others who contributed lots of time and money to make this project happen.

I'm fine with sourcing whatever parts I need - and as I said earlier, also good with paying shipping and any other expenses to reimburse folks who chipped in to get this group buy to completion.

I didn't look at previous messages too closely but I don't even remember what address I used in my order so assuming they will be confirmed before shipping when that happens - no rush.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 June 2017, 00:57:08 by chronos »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1727 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 19:01:49 »
Mini-update to say that I'm still waiting on the nuts and bolts to artive :(. Otherwise I have everything else for shipping purposes, including Uline boxes for USA orders and Cherry stabilizers.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1728 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 13:11:41 »
Since this Group Buy is nothing but delays on top of delays, it seems suitable that my fastener delivery has also been delayed :(  I have literally everything else sitting here ready for packing and shipping, but the nuts and bolts.  Possibly another 2-3 weeks until shipping can begin :(

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #1729 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 15:41:18 »
Wow, this group buy is still active? I had always assumed it met a painful death since I never received anything (I've been MIA for a solid 3 years.)

I guess mkawa isn't around any more? Guess I should read through the thread and catch up.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1730 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 16:15:15 »
I wouldn't say it's "active", just trying to finish it up.  The nuts and bolts are much delayed in delivery unfortunately.  As soon as they arrive, shipping will begin.

Offline tahuds

« Reply #1731 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 21:00:55 »
@photoelectric , any eta on the fasteners arrival?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1732 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 00:29:44 »
Counting the days... Should be any day now.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1733 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 20:14:06 »
Nuts and bolts have arrived today.  Unfortunately the company which sent them put fully-threaded bolts in place of partially-threaded (partially-threaded is what was ordered) into bulk packaging bags that have the correct part number for partially-threaded...   Probably an accidental oversight.  Fully-threaded is not optimal, but with care it can be okay.  Pending on how difficult the company will make it to get correct bolts (since there was already a delay to get these ones), either these current bolts will be shipped out or replacement partially-threaded ones.

Everything else has been individually sorted into ziplock bags and such, and boxes have been purchased from U-Line (along with some foam sheets), so I'm basically ready to start shipping USA orders.  International orders will be bulk-shipped to ZealPC and TechKeys.us for distribution.

Waiting on the word about the bolts + waiting to hear back from mkawa on when we can meet up to do the bulk shipments and for me to grab the remaining parts (he has all the actual case parts, I have the feet, the stabilizers, and the fasteners).

I'll take some photographs for assembly instructions also.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 20:17:27 by Photoelectric »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1734 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:50:52 »
Replacement bolts (the partially-threaded kind) are being shipped out, phew.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1735 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 15:02:08 »
Thanks pho for constant updates :)
Hi :)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1736 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 21:10:41 »
No problem, I'm just sorry it's taken so much longer than I had initially anticipated.  First I didn't know the state of parts and what not, then it turned out we still needed to come up with a reasonable fastener method, now the fasteners (from AccuGroup in the UK) took much longer than it was stated in their shipping estimates at the time of order, and now getting replacement bolts.  But rest assured this is a high priority for me.

Offline r3nfr0

« Reply #1737 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 08:53:12 »
Thanks for the update. We appreciate it.

I just purchased some panda switches for this project. Should be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1738 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 09:55:54 »
>>Update:<<

I received all the available plates and sorbothane gaskets from mkawa, so they are in boxes at my place now. 

The place that sold the bolts decided to be bad and sent fully-threaded bolts twice, then defended themselves and insisted that the fact that both picture and item description stating partially-threaded was not significant.  Anyway, it is what it is, and I've now sorted and packaged all the nuts and bolts on hand for all the outstanding orders.

First I'm going to assemble one more kit for a Canadian order and create an assembly guide/PDF.  Then I'll forward all of the Canadian orders to ZealPC who is very kindly going to take care of shipping Canadian orders.  This I plan to do by next Friday I hope.  Then I also need to package and send all the remaining international orders to TechKeys.us.  There are a couple of people I've still not been able to reach despite repeated attempts to e-mail them and PM them on the site, and I'll keep their orders with me until I hear back from them.

Financing shipping: unfortunately there are no funds available for shipping international kits :(  If any of the international buyers wouldn't mind financing shipping of their kit, it'd be very helpful.

Immediately after I send out the bulk shipments to Zeal and TechKeys, I'll start sending out USA orders myself.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 August 2017, 09:59:05 by Photoelectric »

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #1739 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 09:16:48 »
Thanks for the update.  You mentioned that "There are a couple of people I've still not been able to reach". Is this strictly referring to gathering addresses for international orders? As a US customer I don't recall being contacted (yet).
CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1740 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 10:15:31 »
Just for the international buyers. I'm sending their orders in bulk for others to distribute and needed to have those addresses confirmed first.  I'll start contacting USA buyers soon.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1741 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 20:16:07 »
SMALLFRY ASSEMBLY GUIDE*

*Please read this even if you know how to assemble keyboards, there are some tricky parts**

These are the parts you will receive with each kit (also a Sorbothane gasket, which I forgot to include in the photograph...)

- Top switch plate (titanium, cerakoted or clear matte-coated)
- Bottom plate (titanium, cerakoted or clear matte-coated)
- Sorbothane gasket
- 6 M2 nuts and 6 M2 x 18mm Cap Head Screws to hold the case together
- JD40 Mark II PCB
- 2 large 3M bumpon feet and 2 small 3M bumpon feet
- Cherry 6.25x spacebar stabilizer set

Note that the Sorbothane gasket is flexible and great for adding weight and dampening to the case, but it CAN split if you are not careful with it!!

Clear-coated titanium plates have some krytox grease on them.  You should wipe it off carefully.  Plates with Cerakote colors are clean.  Please note that only one side of each plate is finished/coated.  Inspect each plate carefully to see which side should be the outer side.

What you will need:
- Switches / LEDs
- a thick needle or something similar
- A Torx T6 screwdriver. 
- optional 4mm socket wrench

To begin with, please inspect the PCB.  It is a JD40 Mark II PCB, fully programmable and supporting LEDs. 
Programming guide is located here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83626.0

This is the default keymap:
More

Note the little white-gray circular button on the underside, between "W" and "E" switches.  This is the button you will need to press to get your keyboard into bootloader mode to flash new firmware!

. . .
ASSEMBLY:

1. Assemble the Cherry spacebar stabilizers and insert them upside down, as follows:

** - Note that the plate cut-outs are very tight, and depending on tolerance variation in different plates, it might be quite difficult to push the stabilizers through the plate.  If this is the case, inspect the outer black stabilizer stems on the left and right sides and find that there are 2 "bumps" on either side.  Use a file to polish those off gently.  Also you may wish to round the corners very slightly.  After that, the stabilizer columns should fit through the plates with some gentle pressure.  I recommend clipping the Cherry stabilizers for better feel (there are youtube videos on how to do this).

2. After placing the switch plate over the spacebar stabilizers, add a few switches.  Put on a 6.25x spacebar and try it out!  This will save you a headache if you realize you assembled the stabilizers incorrectly.  Make sure the spacebar feels good to press down.

3. Insert the rest of the switches, minding that both pins should go through the PCB, and solder them on.  Don't add or solder LEDs yet--test that all your switches are working first.  Use a program like AquaKeyTest to check that all the switches are working (remember that there are 2 Fn keys, which won't light up on AquaKeyTest unless you use them in combination with another key).

4. Program your keyboard!  This is much easier done now before you finish assembling the case.

5. Begin assembling the case by aligning the black Sorbothane gasket with top and bottom plates.  Start with the top left corner like this:

**Use a thick needle or something similar to create the initial hole where bolts will go.  Can use a dense object to help you push the needle through (I used my Torx screwdriver):

Pull the needle all the way through with your fingers or pliers.

Next, use your Torx T6 screwdriver to literally screw the first bolt into the sorbothane gasket.  Apply gentle pressure and keep the gasket aligned, flush with the top and bottom plates.
DO NOT PUSH THE BOLT THROUGH or you risk ripping the gasket.

The bolts are the exact length needed to go through the case and be fixed with a nut.  DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!  The Sorbothane gasket should not bulge outward.  This is good:

6. Do the same for the next 5 bolts, going counter-clockwise from top left, aligning the gasket as you go.  You might find a 4mm socket wrench attachment useful to screw on the nuts.  I got mine for about $3 at a local hardware store:

Add the stick-on rubber feet.  Note the location of screw-in foot holes in the bottom plate--I prefer to cover them up with the large stick-on feet:

(This picture above shows old bolts, not the same as what you will receive). 

7. If you want to reprogram your keyboard, you do not need to disassemble it.  Simply loosen the bolt (with screwdriver) in the rear middle and *GENTLY* pull the sorbothane gasket away from the case to reveal the bootloader button, which is between the 3rd and 4th switches:

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 August 2017, 08:26:51 by Photoelectric »

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1742 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 04:24:49 »
holy smokes, its happening.
Im in usa, do I need to pay for my shipping?
Tell Daddy.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1743 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 10:42:11 »
USA shipping will be paid, but donations are welcome, since there are literally no funds available from the GB for any shipping and all the extra parts and packaging purchased so far.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1744 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 16:13:33 »
Got the Canadian packages from Photoelectric today. I should be able to get out all the Canadian orders by this afternoon, before cutoff. Expect a tracking number in your inbox shortly!

Edit: Done, all shipped.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 August 2017, 17:05:13 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1745 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 10:10:31 »
Got the Canadian packages from Photoelectric today. I should be able to get out all the Canadian orders by this afternoon, before cutoff. Expect a tracking number in your inbox shortly!

Edit: Done, all shipped.

❤

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1746 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 13:11:44 »
Hi everyone,

I've decided that I'll be doing international shipping as well (other than for the Canadian orders, which have already been taken care of).  I hoped that TechKeys would have more resources for international shipping, but it appears to not be the case.

If anyone would be so kind as to donate some funds to help with shipping costs, it would be most welcome.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #1747 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 08:10:48 »
Hi everyone,

I've decided that I'll be doing international shipping as well (other than for the Canadian orders, which have already been taken care of).  I hoped that TechKeys would have more resources for international shipping, but it appears to not be the case.

If anyone would be so kind as to donate some funds to help with shipping costs, it would be most welcome.
Hi, I could pay my own shipping. Please contact me via email for details. Thank you so much for all these efforts.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #1748 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 00:26:56 »
I just wanted to give a big THANKS to PhotoE for getting this given up for dead GB the much needed effort to see it through to completion.   PhotoE not only sorted everything out, she put it upon herself to order all of the parts missing for the kits, including stabilizers and fasteners.   Boxes and packing material were ordered specifically to protect the SmallFry kit.   Spreadsheets were created to ensure that everyone receives exactly what they ordered.  And now each kit is being sorted, packaged and mailed by PhotoE. It's taken a lot of time/effort with no compensation other than the satisfaction of helping out the GH community and completing a GB that was to be a memorial for a former prolific member.   

Thanks to Zeal for quickly handling the Canadian orders!!   And thanks to our UK connection for helping out with the fasteners!!   

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Edit:  Forgot that PhotoE has also been assembling kits for those who were promised assembly from a long MIA GH member!!   

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #1749 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 11:33:17 »
Hi everyone,

Hi Photoelectric
Thanks for the PM and I've sent you the shipping fee via PayPal. Kindly check.