Author Topic: [TMK] HHKB Alt Controller with Mini-B/Type-C connector  (Read 521888 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: [TMK] HHKB Alt Controller
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 20:11:41 »
just got my controller today i'm not sure what i did wrong tho. i used the tmk layout editor(from http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/index.html) to generate a hex file (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3ALbowUgqlSdFVaS2RUM1hIaWM) but when i try to load it onto my controller with flip nothing happens. the program function fails to do anything. am i doing something wrong? i could use some help.

Assuming that you checked first post and followed this instruction, describe your problem for detail. Posting screenshot and error mesage would be helpful. And your os version and your controller variant would be useful.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki#flash-firmware

Offline supersoul

« Reply #401 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 20:29:45 »

Assuming that you checked first post and followed this instruction, describe your problem for detail. Posting screenshot and error mesage would be helpful. And your os version and your controller variant would be useful.

i had my friend help me out with it thank you hasu! great controller and fast shipping thank you for your work!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #402 on: Sat, 03 June 2017, 20:36:15 »

i had my friend help me out with it thank you hasu! great controller and fast shipping thank you for your work!

Great! Say hello to your kind friend for me :D

Offline SICAR187

« Reply #403 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 03:34:13 »
  I removed the ON/OFF switch on my JP Controller, by taking off the upper part of the switch housing (no issues, everything works). If desolder it and completely remove the whole assembly, will this affect the function?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #404 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 06:37:44 »
  I removed the ON/OFF switch on my JP Controller, by taking off the upper part of the switch housing (no issues, everything works). If desolder it and completely remove the whole assembly, will this affect the function?

yes, the switch is required to give Bluetooth module power. If you remove it Bluetooth won't work.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 17:38:23 »
Just FYI,

Adafruit 2000mAh battery is just resotcked, the battery was reported to be used successfully with bluetooth controller by users.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2011

Offline SICAR187

« Reply #406 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 00:47:22 »
For some reason my controller is only working in BT mode now, I did not have the issue before. I flashed the stock JP hex file and still nothing. I connected another USB keyboard and it worked fine. I'm stuck any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 01:43:47 »
when turn BT switch off and plug in, do you see power LED blinks a few times and then lights?

Offline SICAR187

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 01:58:10 »
when turn BT switch off and plug in, do you see power LED blinks a few times and then lights?

Gonna have open it to turn it off, I'll let you know what I get when I do, thanks.

Offline Azzures

• ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ
« Reply #409 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 12:25:07 »
Hey recently got my controller and installed it, but for some reason the default firmware on the controller works with normal alpha and numbers, but doesnt work for del, enter, backspace, arrow keys, etc. Did I do something wrong during installation? Should I try flashing on another firmware? Mine is a JP version. Sorry for the trouble, thanks for the help!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #410 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 15:53:14 »
Hey recently got my controller and installed it, but for some reason the default firmware on the controller works with normal alpha and numbers, but doesnt work for del, enter, backspace, arrow keys, etc. Did I do something wrong during installation? Should I try flashing on another firmware? Mine is a JP version. Sorry for the trouble, thanks for the help!

Hmm, I don't think of cause of that. Do all of alpah and number keys work correctly? Didn't you flash firmware yourself yet? I'd suggest mating connector firmly again and flash firmware downloaded from Keymap Editor.

Let me know which OS you are on and  invoice number.

Offline Azzures

« Reply #411 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 17:03:33 »

Hmm, I don't think of cause of that. Do all of alpah and number keys work correctly? Didn't you flash firmware yourself yet? I'd suggest mating connector firmly again and flash firmware downloaded from Keymap Editor.

Im pretty sure they all do. underscore, period, colon, etc dont work either, but command works. I have yet to flash the firmware yet. I will redo the connector firmly again and flashing the firmware when I get home tonight. Im on OSX, and my invoice was #0880. Thanks for the help!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #412 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 17:33:01 »

Im pretty sure they all do. underscore, period, colon, etc dont work either, but command works. I have yet to flash the firmware yet. I will redo the connector firmly again and flashing the firmware when I get home tonight. Im on OSX, and my invoice was #0880. Thanks for the help!

I'd suspect something hardware fault on cables, connector or Alt controller if those don't work. Also checking those problematic keys work with original controller would be helpful.
Thanks for your patience.

Offline Azzures

« Reply #413 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 22:47:05 »

I'd suspect something hardware fault on cables, connector or Alt controller if those don't work. Also checking those problematic keys work with original controller would be helpful.

Ok so this is really weird. When I got home, i decided to try the keyboard one last time on a different (OSX) laptop. When I plugged it in, it worked perfectly fine, no problems at all. When I plug it back into the other laptop, the problems occur again. I also found, that if I am typing alphas in rapid succession, and then press space/enter at the end, it will register the space/enter.....then repeat the space/enter infinitely. I am stumped.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 23:25:57 »

Ok so this is really weird. When I got home, i decided to try the keyboard one last time on a different (OSX) laptop. When I plugged it in, it worked perfectly fine, no problems at all. When I plug it back into the other laptop, the problems occur again. I also found, that if I am typing alphas in rapid succession, and then press space/enter at the end, it will register the space/enter.....then repeat the space/enter infinitely. I am stumped.

Oh, that weird behiviour indicates power supply problem, Topre capacitive sense chip tends to go bad with low voltage.  Some of USB cables and USB hub causes this problem in some situations. If you are using external USB hub plug directly into port of laptop. Also wall wart power supply or changing USB cables may fix problem.

But still making sure internal connectors fit into each other is good idea. Bad connection there also can cause wierd problem like that.

Offline Azzures

« Reply #415 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 00:19:27 »

Oh, that weird behiviour indicates power supply problem, Topre capacitive sense chip tends to go bad with low voltage.  Some of USB cables and USB hub causes this problem in some situations. If you are using external USB hub plug directly into port of laptop. Also wall wart power supply or changing USB cables may fix problem.

But still making sure internal connectors fit into each other is good idea. Bad connection there also can cause wierd problem like that.

I using the same usb cable, and for both I am plugging directly into the laptops. I tried making sure the internal connecters fit each other, I took them out and put them back in making sure they were in all the way. Tried typing on both again, still same thing happening.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 00:41:50 »

I using the same usb cable, and for both I am plugging directly into the laptops. I tried making sure the internal connecters fit each other, I took them out and put them back in making sure they were in all the way. Tried typing on both again, still same thing happening.

Hmm, Alt controller works on one laptop but not on the other, right? If you sitll have HHKB original USB cable try it.

And can you check if original controller works well on both laptops with the cable? If so it seems that Alt Controller has something wrong. I'll send replacement or refund.

Offline Azzures

« Reply #417 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 01:03:26 »

Hmm, Alt controller works on one laptop but not on the other, right? If you sitll have HHKB original USB cable try it.

And can you check if original controller works well on both laptops with the cable? If so it seems that Alt Controller has something wrong. I'll send replacement or refund.

I dont have the original cable, but ive just checked across 3 different cables, but the results are the same. I then put back in the original controller, and it works perfectly fine on both laptops. I'd prefer a replacement if possible. Thanks again for the help, and sorry for the trouble!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #418 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 01:17:32 »

I dont have the original cable, but ive just checked across 3 different cables, but the results are the same. I then put back in the original controller, and it works perfectly fine on both laptops. I'd prefer a replacement if possible. Thanks again for the help, and sorry for the trouble!

OK. I'll email you.

Offline passh

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 06:00:52 »
Hi all  thanks 4 the great work ! i discover this post a few days ago and purchased 1 hhkb (http://www.smartimports.net/products/Happy-Hacking-Keyboard-Professional2-.html ) and a bt mod (  https://1upkeyboards.com/products/controllers.html )

I want to test this battery availiable on European Markets :

http://es.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1251266/?tpr=1

And here is the specs:

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/154f/0900766b8154f73b.pdf

But i dont know if is the correct one :S the other models are not availiables in my country.

Need help and want to help too ;) , sorry for my poor english.

I see there is a list of tested ones on the 1st Hasu's Post .
If i can finally test ill send the feedback . For now , still waiting the arrival of the orders (^^)

Thanks for your help!!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 06:44:01 »
Hi all  thanks 4 the great work ! i discover this post a few days ago and purchased 1 hhkb (http://www.smartimports.net/products/Happy-Hacking-Keyboard-Professional2-.html ) and a bt mod (  https://1upkeyboards.com/products/controllers.html )

I want to test this battery availiable on European Markets :

http://es.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1251266/?tpr=1

And here is the specs:

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/154f/0900766b8154f73b.pdf

But i dont know if is the correct one :S the other models are not availiables in my country.

Need help and want to help too ;) , sorry for my poor english.

I see there is a list of tested ones on the 1st Hasu's Post .
If i can finally test ill send the feedback . For now , still waiting the arrival of the orders (^^)

Thanks for your help!!

Hi,
The battery  is compatible form electrical point of view but according to the spec sheet its connector is JST XH, you need PH plug instead. Wire length is not enough, around 100mm is preferable. Also battery dimention may not fit into cavity in HHKB.

Quote from first post.
You need to use 3.7V Lithium Ion Polymer battery with JST PH 2pin connector and battery protection circuit. Battery space inside HHKB is around 54mm x 50mm and its height is 7mm(or 8mm).

Offline passh

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 09:59:34 »
Hi thansk for your response!  and 4 the info! i searching other compatible in size and with the right connector and try it when i have the keyboard on my hands .

I find this model, what do you think ? ty!
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B072B6ZVN9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3EHA2IH6ZF2LL&psc=1

« Last Edit: Thu, 29 June 2017, 10:51:51 by passh »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #422 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 15:58:01 »
Hi thansk for your response!  and 4 the info! i searching other compatible in size and with the right connector and try it when i have the keyboard on my hands .

I find this model, what do you think ? ty!
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B072B6ZVN9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3EHA2IH6ZF2LL&psc=1

It has right connector and will work if it fits into case. I think 65mm may be a bit too long.

I had this Sparkfun 1000mAh battery years ago and it worked for me.
http://amzn.eu/a71dBKR

Offline passh

« Reply #423 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 16:51:01 »
Hi ! thanks a lot i really aprecciate your help i spent a few hours looking some similar, in a few weeks i can test all components  , is really cheaper than the other and is enought for the use i want ,  4 o 5 h / day , the rest of time ill will use the usb.
Really impatient awainting the 3 components, keyboard hhkb pro2 US blank keys , increible hasu's controller and the battery .
Ill send some phothos of unboxing and assembly proccess when i have the items ! Meanwhile i have installed all software i want to include the  chars 'ņ/Ņ' (HEX F1/D1) on layer 2 or 3 (but this is the next quest ^^ ty hasu!)

Offline Eugene94

« Reply #424 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 19:25:37 »
Got mine installed the other night but still waiting on my battery to come. I opted to grab the 2300mAh from microcenter per pyro2927's previous post.
More details pics to come but here the idea:

Show Image

Beautiful :)

Offline devoi

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:14:06 »
Would it be difficult to have a key print out the percentage left in the battery?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 15:15:11 »
Would it be difficult to have a key print out the percentage left in the battery?
on text editor or something? it is not so difficult. i can help you.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 15:19:30 »
Is there any chance there will be a hasu controller made for the native HHKB Bluetooth?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 15:20:53 »
Is there any chance there will be a hasu controller made for the native HHKB Bluetooth?
no.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 15:23:18 »
no.

Offline devoi

« Reply #430 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 16:00:54 »
on text editor or something? it is not so difficult. i can help you.

yeah, that would be perfect. this really isn't my area of expertise, so any help would be wonderful.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 19:02:26 »
You can get battery voltage with this function. I don't know how to calc percentage of battery capacity but I think you can find it somewhere on the net.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/keyboard/hhkb/rn42/battery.c#L87

And you can use register_code() and unregister_code() to print a charactor on text editor.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/tmk_core/common/action.c#L359-L493

This code displays '1%' for example, assuming you are using US layout.
Code: [Select]
    // 1
    register_code(KC_1);
    unregister_code(KC_1);
    // % (Shift + 5)
    regsiter_code(KC_LSHIFT);
    register_code(KC_5);
    unregister_code(KC_5);
    unregsiter_code(KC_LSHIFT);

Offline QuyenD

« Reply #432 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 03:40:13 »
I have received the controller but unluckily I cannot get the standard battery from our market. Is there a way to check if charger chip is still working fine? or to check if the board is stil fine without connecting it to a HHKB?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #433 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 04:28:06 »
it should be around 4.2V at connector without battery. the charger chip would be probably alright if you can see that voltage.

Offline joric

« Reply #434 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 10:17:49 »
Resoldered miniusb with microusb (I hate having a separate miniusb cable just to charge the keyboard), looks and works fine.

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 July 2017, 15:39:56 by joric »

Offline Acerk

• I pay attention to details!
« Reply #435 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 02:12:06 »
My controller appeared faster than I imagined. It worked flawlessly. Sorted all my layout issues. Thank you!

Offline acevery

« Reply #436 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 09:01:59 »
Hi, how can I change the blue tooth name of the HHKB BT control board?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #437 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 13:48:26 »

The name 'TmkBT-XXXX' is stored actually in Bluetooth module RN42 and you can change 'TmkBT' part while '-XXXX' part is not configurable and it is last 4digits of bluetooth address.

You can change the name by editing this line then build and upload firmware.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/keyboard/hhkb/rn42/rn42_task.c#L160

And you have to initialize RN42 module with LShift+RShift+ScrollLock(Fn+O). The intialization is nedeed just once after firmware is updated.

Quote from MANUAL of Bluetooth Controller in the first post.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71517.0
"""
RN42 initialize
You can initialize module when you are in trouble. But you should tarke care to prevent module from being cofigured incompletely or wrongly. Take the following steps.

0. Turn BT swich off and unplug USB cable.
1. open hid_listen. You can do without it but I recommend.
2. Plug USB cable and wait for keyboard to startup.
3. Press key combo LShift+RShift+ScrollLock(Fn+O).
4. Turn BT switch on. You will see output below on hid_listen.
5. Do not touch keyobard until the command completes or for twenty seconds.

Now module is configured with default setting and in pairing mode. You may need extra power cycle for pairing, try BT switch off and on.
"""

Offline acevery

« Reply #438 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 23:44:38 »

The name 'TmkBT-XXXX' is stored actually in Bluetooth module RN42 and you can change 'TmkBT' part while '-XXXX' part is not configurable and it is last 4digits of bluetooth address.

You can change the name by editing this line then build and upload firmware.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/keyboard/hhkb/rn42/rn42_task.c#L160

And you have to initialize RN42 module with LShift+RShift+ScrollLock(Fn+O). The intialization is nedeed just once after firmware is updated.

Quote from MANUAL of Bluetooth Controller in the first post.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71517.0
"""
RN42 initialize
You can initialize module when you are in trouble. But you should tarke care to prevent module from being cofigured incompletely or wrongly. Take the following steps.

Now module is configured with default setting and in pairing mode. You may need extra power cycle for pairing, try BT switch off and on.
"""

Great! I changed the BT name to HHKB now, many thanks :)

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #439 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 20:20:51 »
Hey guys, I've recently built a new pc and also made the switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The controller worked flawlessly while I had W7. At first I thought that the controller wouldn't work with W10 at all, but after tons of trial and error, I can seem to get it to work randomly for what seems like 1/25 attempts. Is anyone else here using the controller with Windows 10?

Update: I just paired everything to my buddies pc with w7 and everything works flawlessly. Bummer that I can't use it with my pc reliably but at least I can still take it everywhere with me!  :cool:
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 September 2017, 22:17:23 by Vadurr »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #440 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 20:57:31 »
Hey guys, I've recently built a new pc and also made the switch from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The controller worked flawlessly while I had W7. At first I thought that the controller wouldn't work with W10 at all, but after tons of trial and error, I can seem to get it to work randomly for what seems like 1/25 attempts. Is anyone else here using the controller with Windows 10?

Update: I just paired everything to my buddies pc with w7 and everything works flawlessly. Bummer that I can't use it with my pc reliably but at least I can still take it everywhere with me!  :cool:

My top laptop with Windows10 works with BT controller, though, mine is very old Thinkpad X201s with Classic Bluetooth 2.1. Any other users have experience with Windows10?

I don't think BT controller has necessarily problem with Windows10. But there can be problem or incompatibility with some hardwares and drivers.

What is your hardware? laptop?
What is exactly your problem with your WIndows 10?
Pairing process(Add device) doesn't work? or Controller fails to auto-connect to host? or it works weirdly when connected?

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #441 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 16:47:14 »

My top laptop with Windows10 works with BT controller, though, mine is very old Thinkpad X201s with Classic Bluetooth 2.1. Any other users have experience with Windows10?

I don't think BT controller has necessarily problem with Windows10. But there can be problem or incompatibility with some hardwares and drivers.

Pairing process(Add device) doesn't work? or Controller fails to auto-connect to host? or it works weirdly when connected?

I'm running w10 on a pc. It adds the device fine but just gets stuck on searching (red blink) forever. It will work randomly but for the most part, it just stays on searching.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:18:33 »

I'm running w10 on a pc. It adds the device fine but just gets stuck on searching (red blink) forever. It will work randomly but for the most part, it just stays on searching.

For reference these are screeshots of pairing process on WIndows 10.
https://imgur.com/a/jW39K

You can basically do two thing with Bluetooth controller when you are in trouble.
1) Press 'LShift+RShift+p' to remove paring infomation from controller. This will be required when computer Bluetooth setting/stack/driver is changed.

2) Initialize Bluetooth module(RN42) on controller. This removes all paring informations and settings then configures moudule from the begining. This is not needed in many cases but you can try when other methods doesn't help. Also refer to the first post.

And on  Windows side these posts I found may help you.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-headphones-are-paired-but-dont/a34fc951-e292-4fbd-b1c7-7b00db5518f1?auth=1
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-bluetooth-device-is-enabled-and-shows-as-paired/15bfab2d-678e-423f-964b-bd58c78bda6d?tm=1440804957480

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 01:59:24 »
After trying all those methods, the best thing I could find is an error with Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4a Bluetooth. Upon updating the driver, it'll just tell me that the best driver is already installed. I've also gone through every driver listed on option two here. https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/qualcomm-atheros-bluetooth-driver-not-working-on-windows-10-solved/ Lastly, I unpaired and repaired everything for it to work once on the first try. Every time after that, the status would just be paired instead of connected. Here's a SS of it connected: https://imgur.com/a/TZa0L

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #444 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 08:29:38 »
How hard would it be to make a BT hhkb 1? Donīt really wanna siwtch my kb just for the bluetooth and would be a fun project if itīs possible :D
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #445 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 16:36:05 »
How hard would it be to make a BT hhkb 1? Donīt really wanna siwtch my kb just for the bluetooth and would be a fun project if itīs possible :D

Definitely possible. Pro1 is electrically identical to pro2.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 03:50:11 »
Hi Hasu,

Is the USB controller low-watt enough to be running as a wired-keyboard to the iPad / iPad mini (like the HHKB JP / HHKB Pro 1)?

As far as I know, only the HHKB Pro2 JP and HHKB Pro 1 can run as a wired-keyboard with the iPad / iPad mini because of their lack of USB ports. Correct?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 07:00:18 »
menuhin,
Assuming you are talking about original controllers.
Yes, Pro1 and JP worked with iPad while Pro2 didn't at some point. I can remember some people said so a few years ago. I don't know about recent iPad/iOS.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #448 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 10:08:22 »
menuhin,
Yes, Pro1 and JP worked with iPad while Pro2 didn't at some point. I can remember some people said so a few years ago. I don't know about recent iPad/iOS.

Hi Hasu,

I am asking also if the Hasu Controller for HHKB Pro1 to replace its original controller will be running at a Watt that allow its to just plug in an iPad / iPad mini and work. :)
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #449 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:47:39 »
menuhin,

Hi Hasu,

I am asking also if the Hasu Controller for HHKB Pro1 to replace its original controller will be running at a Watt that allow its to just plug in an iPad / iPad mini and work. :)

Also I can remember some users said USB Pro1/Pro2/JP Alt controller worked with iPad. I don't know about Bluetooth Alt controller.