Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1066 times)

Offline TouchTypist

Hi
« on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 22:01:16 »
New to the forum, both as a lurker and as a member. I got my first (fully functioning) keyboard in the mail today. So far, it's working great!

I haven't heard much about cherry ml switches. Does anyone who has experience with them know if they should feel a bit stiffer than mx blues?  They are the only other mech switch I have experience with. Being new, I can't tell if the switches should be this way, or if they need some cleaning/oil? It's pretty clean over all, but probably could stand to be a bit cleaned up on the outside.

Anyway, hope to see you around! I'm hoping to recap (and fix?) my Chicony keyboard. I'll let you know how that goes after the caps come in and the attempts are made.

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 22:10:27 »
Well most people really don't like cherry ml switches because of the way they feel so I'm guessing they just naturally feel that stiff. But anyways, welcome to the community! Prepare for your wallet to hate you  :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2015, 22:12:24 by Rotaku »
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline TouchTypist

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 05:53:19 »
It has been long since my wallet didn't hate me, Rotaku  :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 05:48:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Unfortunately I have not heard many good things about Cherry ML either, so I'm guessing that your experience is slightly less than optimal.

Still, you've made the plunge, and opened yourself to a world of possibilities for your next keyboard ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TouchTypist

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 07:03:13 »
Yeah, the keys have gotten a bit better with use actually, or I have gotten used to them. Be that as it may, I just bought a fc200rr/aw that has reds in it. I'm hoping to swap the caps out for a set of sa penumbras when ctrlalt comes back up!