Author Topic: [GB] F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! Kishsaver+Industrial Model F  (Read 2333817 times)

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
Big price drops - more than 50%!  End of production sale for many of the models (for all except the Round 2 beam spring and M Style Model F)!  Last chance to pick up one of these great keyboards.  All variations are currently in stock.  

https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/store/

2023 major project update: see this post for details

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79141.msg3158216#msg3158216

Now available to order: F104, FSSK, F122, F15, F50, and Split Ortholinear Ergonomic

Some models are offered in both Model M style and ultra compact style cases. All cases are metal, even though they were designed to match the IBM Model M case designs of old.

2021 update / for posterity:

Still time to customize your Brand New Model F Keyboard at www.ModelFKeyboards.com !

Success!  Brand New Model F Keyboards finished production and started shipping at the end of 2019.  So far more than 700 F62 and F77 keyboards have shipped.  The first batch of dye sublimated new Model F XT quality keycaps started shipping in Feb. 2021.

Take a look at the most recent postings in this thread for the latest updates and discussion!

The web site is a go! Time to order your Brand New Model F Keyboard!  $1.3 million + in orders so far (as of early 2021)!

Also I would like to give credit to the many (mostly) buckling spring-related projects that have given me inspiration and encouragement while working on the Brand New Model F Keyboards project.  Please forgive me if I missed some projects that did not come to mind:

xwhatsit - modernized Model F and Beam Spring controllers, making the new Model F's and new Beam Spring keyboards possible
wcass - custom Model F projects (flat Model F "New Buckling Spring Design" and XTant) and Model F PCB designs
pandrew - Model F controller-related projects (new controller designs, QMK, and more)
Jesse and Kaia - Keyboardio project
Lot_Lizard - Model MF project
idollar - FSSK/FEXT projects
The Input Club team - various crowdfunded projects
fohat - Model F122 layout conversion guide
SneakyRobb interview with buckling spring inventor **** Harris

older updates, 6/23/18 and prior

Please head to http://www.ModelFkeyboards.com to place your order! In general, keyboards ship out by the timestamp of your order - first in, first out!

I am updating this post using one of the fully tested prototype F77's!

Complete production status update 6-3-17 with photos and descriptions of how each part works:
https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/uncategorized/what-makes-up-a-model-f-keyboard-detailed-production-status-of-each-part/

SUMMARY OF EVERYTHING THIS BUY INCLUDES
* Basic keyboard models:  F62, F77, Ultra Compact F62, Ultra Compact F77
* One-piece XT-style keycaps made from new molds, including Industrial SSK style blue keys - extra sets are also available separately
* Extra parts also available separately including Model F (AT) compatible barrels, flippers, cases, PCBs, inner foam, and inner assemblies
* Available layouts:  ANSI:  US and HHKB style with split backspace and regular non-split backspace.  ISO:  Vertical enter with a variety of international layout variants:  Spanish, German, Nordic, French, UK, etc.

IN PRODUCTION
* Ultra compact cases
* keys
* buckling springs

PRODUCTION TO START RIGHT BEFORE ASSEMBLY IS DONE
* Boxes / outside foam packaging

FINISHED PRODUCTION
* Die cast zinc cases (powdercoating is done too - the die cast cases are all finished!)
* key molds
* barrels
* inner foam
* Inner assembly plates
* flippers
* capacitive PCBs
* compact xwhatsit controllers
* case molds
* ribbon cables (to connect controllers to capacitive PCBs)

SHIPPED TO ME
* Current plan is for everything to be finished and shipped to me around mid-year.

ORDERS LOCKED
* Cases and other parts have been ordered, so please no major changes!

STILL CAN BE ORDERED
* Everything.  I have ordered extra keyboards and parts for the early bird round, which will be ongoing while supplies last.  Then there will be a final round for about a month after the early bird keyboards are delivered.

F62/F77 Prototype testing, brief teardown, and sound comparisons with original IBM keyboards

F62 / F77 features:
Only new parts will be used - not New Old Stock or used part pulls from other keyboards (you can use your original IBM/Lexmark/Unicomp caps - they will be compatible)
Metal top and metal bottom case, like the original
Metal top and metal bottom inner "sandwich" plates with interlocking tabs, like the original
Model F barrels and full-size capacitive flippers, all injection molded for accuracy/durability (not 3D printed)
2 mm foam like in my original F77
Ships fully assembled at no extra charge - no further soldering will be required. You will put on the feet though!
Cork-rubber feet, plus a small selection of rubber feet (cork-rubber feet like the PC XT Model F keyboard)
Top and bottom case powdercoated in a color similar to the original "off white/beige" color, black, or similar to industrial gray (or you can pick your own color and pay extra for tooling)
New buckling springs made to original Model F spring tolerances (ideally)
Keys to be sourced from Unicomp (or you can provide your own keys). To use brand new one-piece dye sub keys instead, someone else would need to take on production of the keys.
Layouts can be adjusted at the factory, or you can adjust them later for international versions
Metal tabs attached to the top inner assembly for the Model M style spacebar stabilizer wire - no plastic pieces like in the original
Packed like a new keyboard: in two custom white EPS foam shells and in a close-fitting brown double-walled cardboard box
Fully assembled in China
10 foot monoprice USB cable with ferrite core
Extra barrels (AT-style) and capacitive flippers will be produced and made available for purchase separately (for other projects and for replacement parts)
Any other suggestions?

After everyone interested has placed their order and sent payment, please be aware that it will be several months before your order arrives.

Working Prototype photos:
126071-0
126073-1
126075-2
126077-3
126079-4
126081-5
126083-6
126085-7
126087-8
126089-9
126091-10
126095-11
126093-12
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 November 2023, 03:41:00 by Ellipse »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:41:00 »
Approval bump.  :thumb:

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:42:55 »
Can't wait to put in my order! :D
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 22:26:21 »
The MOST perfect example of a Buckling Spring mechanism you could buy in 2016   :thumb: .

This leaves every other previously made versions for dead, plus this model is made for long term usage compared to most other keyboards that eventually get tossed in the bin.

You buy this for keeps and don't ever need to worry about wear and tear because this baby is made to last for decades ahead.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 22:31:18 »

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 22:55:17 »
and now we wait!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 22:58:13 »
I haven´t been in the keyboard game for a while, but this blows my mind. Great work Ellipse!

Offline Ellipse

Re: [GB] F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:21:57 »
Thanks all!

Just a note for those just finding out now about the project, the main project thread was in the Interest Checks section, before this project became a group buy - over 40,000 page views on that thread and hundreds of posts!  There is a lot of excitement with this project because it is the very first project to put back into production the Model F capacitive buckling spring keyboard, a strong alternative to the Cherry MX mechanical keyswitch which for a while was the only possible major mechanical switch you could build a custom keyboard with.

Now I have finally opened up orders on www.modelfkeyboards.com after collaborating for about a year with the DT, GH, reddit community and other keyboard enthusiasts to perfect the Brand New Model F keyboard project.  It has been two days since the group buy started and already we have over 50 of the 235 interested DT/GH/reddit users place their order, many of them interested in reserving a specific serial number for their boards, along with many who did not sign the interest form or are not even DT/GH/reddit members and remember how good their old IBM keyboard was. 

While I don't remember except looking back at the old home movies, our first family computer was the IBM PC XT (not sure which model) and its IBM Model F keyboard!  It's amazing that while just about everything else in the computing world has improved exponentially, thousands of serious computer users around the world, including book authors, journalists, and programmers, still hold on to and use daily their 20+ year old IBM buckling spring keyboards that are still as robust as ever.

Unfortunately this is a limited time project at this point, not something that you can buy from web stores after the group buy ends, but I am in talks with others who are thinking about ordering a few dozen extra units to sell at a higher price once the group buy ends. 

So if you want to consider ordering a brand new Model F keyboard made this year, I suggest doing so soon before the group buy ends!  The prototypes are fully functional and I will be holding keyboard meetups in Manhattan for anyone interested in checking them out! 
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:30:19 by Ellipse »

Offline ika

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 00:24:17 »
Is there an example of the black color case?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 00:29:58 »
Will wait for the regular round cause I don't have any money left now  :p

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 00:32:28 »
I caved at the very end for GMK Hyperfuse and Carbon, so I won't discount a similar situation here. This is just too amazing a project to miss.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 00:33:59 »
This is a good set up, instead of double tapping two of these I can order f77 now before the deadline and then an f62 in the next couple of months.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 06:43:23 »
Ika sorry there is no example of the black case.  It will be black and will be powdercoated in the original textured powdercoating like the originals had, but just in black.

Black is one of the most popular options from what I have seen in the orders.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 08:15:43 »
Hey Ellipse, if zinc is still an option (thought I saw this somewhere in an IC), put me down please.  I want the heaviest mf out there.  Love my aluminum cases on my TKLs, they're solid like a tank, nothing like old skool to go a clackin with

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 08:24:48 »
I did a really bad job of rationing my funds for this project while it was in development.  :))
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline ImAWildDeer

• All about that click clack
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 10:12:48 »
Ika sorry there is no example of the black case.  It will be black and will be powdercoated in the original textured powdercoating like the originals had, but just in black.

Black is one of the most popular options from what I have seen in the orders.

I was really into the thought of industrial grey, but then I remembered Snoopy's kish https://imgur.com/a/48jd1
HHKB | Ergodox Infinity | OG Ergodox | Atreus | Planck | WASD V2  | Whitefox | TX1800 | F62

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 10:13:02 »
I need to order this soon!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 11:05:34 »
I did a really bad job of rationing my funds for this project while it was in development.  :))

Just redraw on your morgage, personal loan or credit card.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 16:36:13 »
cswanic - all the regular cases will be either zinc or aluminum.  I would like the cases to be the extra-nice zinc which feels more hefty than aluminum (though both aluminum case prototype F62/F77 keyboards are still solid-feeling and heavy!). 

Offline Jedi

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:43:59 »
This is a good set up, instead of double tapping two of these I can order f77 now before the deadline and then an f62 in the next couple of months.

That's a very good point. I have a feeling I'll be back for more once the first one gets shipped.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:47:24 »
Can't decide between classic beige and industrial grey.  ??? :))

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 17:48:47 »
Oh and sorry if this has been covered in the IC thread, but the two buttons between Ctrl and Alt are functional, yes?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 18:04:22 »

Industrial gray. Beige already existed.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 18:07:01 »

Industrial gray. Beige already existed.

Everyone get black or beige, that way you can all drool over my industrial grey.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 18:52:42 »
Hashbaz yes the button b/w ctrl and alt on each side of the spacebar is functional and can be set to any key or macro/modifier function through the GUI.  For example I set the key b/w right alt and right ctrl as a function layer key, so that pressing Fn+1 gives me F1, Fn+2 gives me F2, etc.

Unicomp offers Mac/Apple Option/Alt/Command keys which are shown installed on my new Model F keyboard here:  http://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product/command-option-keys/

You can also put a windows key there with the old fashioned windows logo, and a right click 1U menu key on the other side's blank key - these keys are included (no extra charge) in each regular pearl/pebble printed ANSI Unicomp key set and maybe other sets as well.

Quite a few people are buying the case in another color to the one they ordered with the keyboard because you won't be able to order them after the group buy ends most likely (I have asked those with distributor contacts to reach out and see if anyone wants to order extra units to stock them in their store, but so far no responses except for some forum members who are thinking of buying extras to offer them at a premium price after the group buy ends, so that they will be available to those discovering the keyboard after the GB main round closes).

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 19:20:48 »
I dont know if it has been mentioned you can also get keys with 'fn' printed they would be good for those keys between ctrl and alt if they were being used as function keys. Well technically you can get almost any word as long as its not too long. You may just have to remind unicomp that they can do it as there seems to be a disconnect between their sales staff and the cap printer. Then again last time i ordered from unicomp was over a year i believe. Either way i am just wondering if it would be an idea for those getting caps that want them to get fn keys as opposed to blanks. I already have keys so its not really worrying me.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 19:36:19 »
:eek:
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ł ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 20:24:08 »
Quite a few people are buying the case in another color to the one they ordered with the keyboard because you won't be able to order them after the group buy ends

I was actually thinking of changing my order to add on a black case cause I'm having a really hard time between the two. How would the numbering go for that? Are the serial numbers per pcb or per case?
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 21:05:32 »
to keep things simple, serials are per product line and per full keyboard ordered - F62 is one product line and F77 is the other

If you order one keyboard and one spare case, I'd expect to put an identical label on both cases so you can switch between them.  Or maybe no label on the second case.  Not sure yet.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ł ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 22:13:03 »
to keep things simple, serials are per product line and per full keyboard ordered - F62 is one product line and F77 is the other

If you order one keyboard and one spare case, I'd expect to put an identical label on both cases so you can switch between them.  Or maybe no label on the second case.  Not sure yet.

Awesome, personally I would much prefer the same label on both rather than the blank option  ;)

I'll PM you with my changes when I'm sure I have every decision locked in  :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 21:22:45 »
We have our first important issue (cross-posted onto both IC and GB threads for completeness) :(

Unfortunately PayPal has locked my funds as a security precaution (?) given the $30,000+ that came in from the first few days of accepting orders. 

Orders are still being accepted through PayPal without issue, so please do get in your order if you haven't already! 

I am going to speak with them ASAP and try to resolve it but this could cause a hassle.

I have already fully disclosed to them the product web site, nature of the project, and the increased expected business levels.

It seems like they often release funds only after they are exposed publicly about the specific case and someone has made a noise about the issue by posting about it on a blog.

If anyone has any experience or advice dealing with PayPal or any contacts there, or can offer specific help in another way please let me know. 

I don't expect this to put us off schedule though, because at the very worst if it comes down to it, I may need to cancel the PayPal funds and accept payments over credit card or check (your order is not being canceled!  This is just the worst-case scenario).  It will be inconvenient for everyone unfortunately if this turns out to be the case but we don't have to use PayPal to accept payment online.  I'll keep everyone posted though.

So far about 25% of the interest form has paid and many have ordered more keyboards than what they put down in the form - a good thing!  The web site has slowed down from the increased traffic but it is still holding up well.

Offline ika

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 22:14:57 »
We have our first important issue (cross-posted onto both IC and GB threads for completeness) :(

Unfortunately PayPal has locked my funds as a security precaution (?) given the $30,000+ that came in from the first few days of accepting orders. 

Orders are still being accepted through PayPal without issue, so please do get in your order if you haven't already! 

I am going to speak with them ASAP and try to resolve it but this could cause a hassle.

I have already fully disclosed to them the product web site, nature of the project, and the increased expected business levels.

It seems like they often release funds only after they are exposed publicly about the specific case and someone has made a noise about the issue by posting about it on a blog.

If anyone has any experience or advice dealing with PayPal or any contacts there, or can offer specific help in another way please let me know. 

I don't expect this to put us off schedule though, because at the very worst if it comes down to it, I may need to cancel the PayPal funds and accept payments over credit card or check (your order is not being canceled!  This is just the worst-case scenario).  It will be inconvenient for everyone unfortunately if this turns out to be the case but we don't have to use PayPal to accept payment online.  I'll keep everyone posted though.

So far about 25% of the interest form has paid and many have ordered more keyboards than what they put down in the form - a good thing!  The web site has slowed down from the increased traffic but it is still holding up well.

Talk to radio_killah and ghostjuggernaut, they dealt with this issue when they were running GMK RGBYK. It could be a major issue.

Offline Porsche

• I appreciate your cooperation.
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 04:48:48 »
@Ellipse
Good to be in this GB.
Color choices make me really hard to choose :p Finally I decided to go to black.
I would like to receive F77 asap. Also I left a note in my order so please let me know.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 06:14:21 »
I dont know if it has been mentioned you can also get keys with 'fn' printed they would be good for those keys between ctrl and alt if they were being used as function keys.

Would like to know that as well.

Would like the standard windows key on the left (in between Control and Alt - Left side) and the other side with a single FN key (in between Control and Alt - Right side).

Ellipse please let us know if this is possible with this keyboard order or would we need to buy these two keys separately off Unicomp's website?

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 08:00:14 »
Does F62 includes an Esc keycap?
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 12:14:45 »
Thanks Porsche I responded to your PM.  Your keyboard will be one of the first that I test and put in the mail!

Yes I have an example Fn key in pearl shown on the F77 keyboard on modelfkeyboards.com.  You can also get Unicomp to print a pebble Fn key.

Elrick the Windows key will be included because Unicomp includes that key with their key sets.  For the extra Fn key, please add 1 unit of the product "other customizations ($1 increments)" and put in a note that it is for a Fn key from Unicomp in (pearl/pebble) color.

ctm everyone who orders a key set will be getting all of the keys that Unicomp sends me (they usually send the full 104 key set).  If you order an original Model F/Model M key set you'll also get all the keys that originally came from that set.

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 13:35:13 »
Elrick the Windows key will be included because Unicomp includes that key with their key sets.  For the extra Fn key, please add 1 unit of the product "other customizations ($1 increments)" and put in a note that it is for a Fn key from Unicomp in (pearl/pebble) color.
Does Unicomp has fn keycap? I can't find it on their website.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 14:58:13 »
Does Unicomp has fn keycap? I can't find it on their website.

See bottom row, that fn key came from unicomp.

edit: you may have to tilt your head 90 degrees.

126449-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 January 2016, 15:03:56 by fanpeople »

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 14:59:49 »
ctm yes you just order printed key cap option and type in Fn for the choice of legend.

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 02:22:17 »
oh my god I hadn't realized there was a HHKB layout… now to pick colors ugh
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 02:35:13 »
oh my god I hadn't realized there was a HHKB layout… now to pick colors ugh
go with industrial color  :p

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 07:22:30 »
Pulled the trigger on one a couple of days back. 

I think this project is an amazing achievement.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 12:10:41 »
Excited to have this eventually.  I'm in during the second round unfortunately  :'(

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 19:18:08 »
wow - after not even the first week of ordering, almost one-third of those who filled out the interest form have already placed their orders on ModelFkeyboards.com!  We still have the rest of this month to take care of everyone else. 

Has anyone encountered any problems or errors on the project web site?  Does anyone need to pay with a credit card or check and prefers not to go through PayPal.com's guest checkout (no registration required)?  Please let me know and I will look into other options.

As an update I contacted two GH members that ika recommended I contact regarding advice for PayPal and I have contacted a manager at PayPal whom some online project managers said helped them with their own frozen PayPal assets.

I have noticed a lot of people ordering extra F77 and F62 cases.  I guess people want to be able to have both cases before these go out of production.  After that you would need to buy a whole keyboard in another case color to get the alternate color :)

Also the black case / black keys is a popular option.

And thanks hoggy and Limewirelord!  Glad you are excited.  I continue to type on the brand new Industrial F77 prototype and over the past week the springs have loosened up to make them even more more closely comparable with an original Model F.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 04:50:25 »
wow - after not even the first week of ordering, almost one-third of those who filled out the interest form have already placed their orders on ModelFkeyboards.com!  We still have the rest of this month to take care of everyone else. 

Has anyone encountered any problems or errors on the project web site?  Does anyone need to pay with a credit card or check and prefers not to go through PayPal.com's guest checkout (no registration required)?  Please let me know and I will look into other options.

As an update I contacted two GH members that ika recommended I contact regarding advice for PayPal and I have contacted a manager at PayPal whom some online project managers said helped them with their own frozen PayPal assets.

I have noticed a lot of people ordering extra F77 and F62 cases.  I guess people want to be able to have both cases before these go out of production.  After that you would need to buy a whole keyboard in another case color to get the alternate color :)

Also the black case / black keys is a popular option.

And thanks hoggy and Limewirelord!  Glad you are excited.  I continue to type on the brand new Industrial F77 prototype and over the past week the springs have loosened up to make them even more more closely comparable with an original Model F.
I want to join the early bird but I don't have anymore money left for keyboard purchase and thank you ellipse for making second round for guy like me  :thumb:

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 10:06:41 »
gonna be ordering sooner or later, deciding on color..

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 10:41:18 »
so ellipse, considering that this is likely going to be our only chance  to own a new model f, what parts should we be most worried about wearing out, and can extra's of those significantly outlast the parts that are installed in an actively used board? mainly thinking foam when I ask this, but it might apply to more parts.

Offline ryahirv

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 11:49:48 »
Are we supposed to be asking questions in here or the Interest Check thread?

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 15:56:54 »
I'm getting some extra cash before the months up, so I'll be placing an order soon.  :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 15:59:01 »
Are we supposed to be asking questions in here or the Interest Check thread?

The IC is still open? That seems redundant. I figured here as this is the official GB thread.