Author Topic: [GB] TX-CP (Compact 1800)  (Read 127725 times)

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
Re: [GB] TX-CP (Compact 1800)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 06:02:09 »
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline breitling

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 17:40:41 »
Wow fast! Stoked that I'm in the first batch!!!!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 07:53:25 »
I'm rather excited. Weeeee!

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 20:42:40 »
Man, I am so mad I missed this! I have a Compact SQ, but really disliked the case.

I have to check this site more often.

Offline depreshun

• Reddit: risingremains
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 20:49:33 »
Man, I am so mad I missed this! I have a Compact SQ, but really disliked the case.

I have to check this site more often.

Same here. Only recently got into stuff and there's so many nice boards I've missed. Don't have a compact sq but I'm really excited to see the finished product on one of these full alu ones.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 21:23:09 »
My package arrived today. Yay! I don't have space to build it since I am in the process of moving, but thanks to all involved. I thought I had selected the gold plate but when the invoice came through, I assumed I was just a bit too late as there were only a handful available. No biggie. I'm really happy with the purple case.

Edit: Added images as I couldn't resist. One RGB LED seems to be janky. If I hold it down, it will come on, so perhaps a quick pass with the soldering iron will fix it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mwoko
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 September 2016, 22:25:38 by stoic-lemon »

Offline depreshun

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 22:31:43 »
My package arrived today. Yay! I don't have space to build it since I am in the process of moving, but thanks to all involved. I thought I had selected the gold plate but when the invoice came through, I assumed I was just a bit too late as there were only a handful available. No biggie. I'm really happy with the purple case.

Edit: Added images as I couldn't resist. One RGB LED seems to be janky. If I hold it down, it will come on, so perhaps a quick pass with the soldering iron will fix it.

Show Image

https://imgur.com/gallery/mwoko

Damn, this layout looks really good. But is their no diffuser for the underglow rgb?
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 September 2016, 02:17:41 by depreshun »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 07:43:53 »
No diffuser on this one. This one is a bit more understated in that department; apart from being bright purple of course.

Offline wodan

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 03:10:24 »
Just received mine in Germany delivered by DHL. I am completely struck by everything about this GB.

I can't thank Yuktsi enough for this performance, only GB I can remember that ever delivered that quickly was Round3 by LeandreN.

This is also my first Korean Kustom and I wasn't aware of prepared for the obsession that went into these boards. Just looking at the SS plates gave me tingles. Cleanest cutouts I have ever seen. Everything about this keyboard kit feels and looks a brand new expensive car unlike most other kits I've seen so far that looked more like a hobby kit.

Thanks so much for offering this!
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 September 2016, 04:59:36 by wodan »

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 04:06:40 »
Just received mine in Germany delivered by DHL. I am completely struck by everything about this GB.

I can't thank Yuktsi enough for this performance, only GB I can remember that ever delivered that quickly was Round3 by LeandreN.

This is also my first Korean Kustom and I wasn't aware of the obsession that went into these boards. Just looking at the SS plates gave me tingles. Cleanest cutouts I have ever seen. Everything about this keyboard kit feels and looks a brand new expensive car unlike most other kits I've seen so far that looked more like a hobby kit.

Thanks so much for offering this!

congratz! pictures pls  :thumb:
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline breitling

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 02:31:46 »
just got mine as well in Canada. awesome!! cant wait to assemble this!!

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 03:22:24 »
Finally paid my invoice, sorry for late payment. Thank yuktsi for organizing this GB. Can't wait for mine to arrive !!!!
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 13:17:32 »
does the plate allow for switch top removal ?
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline breitling

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 13:19:46 »
does the plate allow for switch top removal ?

The aluminum one does.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 13:24:13 »
Anyone with the brass plate that wants to let their kit go hit me up  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 14:34:07 »
Where da pics at? Post your builds!

Offline wodan

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 01:46:05 »
Couldn't help it and built my TX-CP yesterday in a single go.
Here's the result, a combination of the two greatest GBs on GH I've been a part of so far:

Here's a link to the IMGUR build log:
http://imgur.com/a/jG7l3

I used vintage Cherry MX Black switches, replaced the springs with 45gr. aftermarket springs and mixed Skidata+ keycaps with some OG Skidata caps for some ISO-DE flavour.
Now that I have finished building this keyboard, I have to say it again: I was not prepared for the passion that went into these kits. The plate/PCB fit had a precision never before seen. The only plate that had nearly as precise cutouts at the ones I got with this kit were the OLKB plates. And their quality SUCKS, switches get stuck in there and actually require a little bit of post processing if you want to use them properly. These plates in contrast had ZERO issues at all and fit the PCB perfectly even over the greater width of a 1800 layout. The switches had such a firm fit in the plate, I cut all the PCB-mount nubs from the Cherry MX Blacks except for the stabilized keys which of course didn't sit tightly in the plate and thus could use the additional guidance by the PCB-mount nubs. I have built ~10 keyboards before and can safely say this one set the standard for me.

Typing on it is just a whole different league as well. I could have never imagined the type feel to be so much better. It almost feels like this keyboard is the center of the universe and I just orbit around it - that's how solid and stable it sits on my desk. Not even the IBM Model F keyboards give me the same sensation of typing on a block of granite.

I don't know how this translates to Korean but: You did it you little nut jobs, showed me that there is a 500$ keyboard worth every penny ... and more!

If you guys like the keyboard, I might take some better pics with better light and a better camera.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 02:39:57 »
Couldn't help it and built my TX-CP yesterday in a single go.
Here's the result, a combination of the two greatest GBs on GH I've been a part of so far:
Here's a link to the IMGUR build log:
http://imgur.com/a/jG7l3

I used vintage Cherry MX Black switches, replaced the springs with 45gr. aftermarket springs and mixed Skidata+ keycaps with some OG Skidata caps for some ISO-DE flavour.
Now that I have finished building this keyboard, I have to say it again: I was not prepared for the passion that went into these kits. The plate/PCB fit had a precision never before seen. The only plate that had nearly as precise cutouts at the ones I got with this kit were the OLKB plates. And their quality SUCKS, switches get stuck in there and actually require a little bit of post processing if you want to use them properly. These plates in contrast had ZERO issues at all and fit the PCB perfectly even over the greater width of a 1800 layout. The switches had such a firm fit in the plate, I cut all the PCB-mount nubs from the Cherry MX Blacks except for the stabilized keys which of course didn't sit tightly in the plate and thus could use the additional guidance by the PCB-mount nubs. I have built ~10 keyboards before and can safely say this one set the standard for me.

Typing on it is just a whole different league as well. I could have never imagined the type feel to be so much better. It almost feels like this keyboard is the center of the universe and I just orbit around it - that's how solid and stable it sits on my desk. Not even the IBM Model F keyboards give me the same sensation of typing on a block of granite.

I don't know how this translates to Korean but: You did it you little nut jobs, showed me that there is a 500$ keyboard worth every penny ... and more!

If you guys like the keyboard, I might take some better pics with better light and a better camera.

:eek: yes wodan plz more pictures!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline seblove

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 15:48:49 »
Finally had some time to build this!! Gateron tactile clears, lubed and stickered with the transparent films which are awesome by the way. Couple notes: comically heavy and just as solid feeling as my tgr-jane, build quality and finish is perfect, lip looks fantastic in person, and I'm glad I went with the two-tone case. Also, you can retroactively install pcb mounted stabs by desoldering a switch or two and using some sleight of hand beneath the plate - who knew.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 15:52:15 »
Finally had some time to build this!! Gateron tactile clears, lubed and stickered with the transparent films which are awesome by the way. Couple notes: comically heavy and just as solid feeling as my tgr-jane, build quality and finish is perfect, lip looks fantastic in person, and I'm glad I went with the two-tone case. Also, you can retroactively install pcb mounted stabs by desoldering a switch or two and using some sleight of hand beneath the plate - who knew.
what a beauty. regretting not getting one
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline yookwh

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 17:33:35 »
This board is gorgeous! Do you have any idea when the next GB for a similar format will be out?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 22:32:55 »

That is delicious! Great build.

Offline depreshun

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 23:03:31 »

Jesus dude, this is wild. 10/10

Offline IneffableTao

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 19:34:26 »
My God all these boards are amazing, thanks for sharing everyone! So sad I missed this.

If anyone wants to part with theirs (lol) I'll arrange for you to receive a dry tugger from the spice girl of your choosing.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 22:12:04 »
Damn I'm jelly af. hope yuktsi will send mine soon!!
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 17:55:51 »
Is there any chance to still get in on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wodan

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 11:01:40 »
Yeah I would also love to order another one!

Offline boo

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 21:41:25 »
can't wait for mine.

Black Top
Gold Bottom

for that awesome black/gold look

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 06:14:12 »
Picked up a cpsq and would love to get in on this as well.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 04:54:16 »
Good day peeps  ;D All orders with SS or aluminum switch plate have been delivered. There's a little issues with the brass plate, TX is engaging another factory to do redo the plate.

Cheers.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Petch

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 14:21:43 »
Wow am I mad I missed this

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 11:33:50 »

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/L1y2Y

This was one of the highest quality and most enjoyable kits ive ever had the pleasure of assembling. Thank you Yuktsi and kin25!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 14:39:01 »
Show Image

This was one of the highest quality and most enjoyable kits ive ever had the pleasure of assembling. Thank you Yuktsi and kin25!

Beautiful!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 15:27:18 »

That album just convinced me... I need a TX board. I'm totally in for the next GB if I don't dislike the layout.
Edit: Does anyone know what kind of TX boards are out there? Does he have a blog like duck or do I have to navigate through the korean forums to find out more about his stuff?

Offline gaiden

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 02:44:08 »
A long shot but if anyone has a kit they like to sell please let me know, especially interested in the purple kit. Btw can anyone verify that this gb is indeed sold out (no more leftover)? I have been trying to reach Yuktsi but haven't heard anything back. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 November 2016, 02:58:12 by gaiden »

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 04:10:37 »

That album just convinced me... I need a TX board. I'm totally in for the next GB if I don't dislike the layout.
Edit: Does anyone know what kind of TX boards are out there? Does he have a blog like duck or do I have to navigate through the korean forums to find out more about his stuff?
1800, 87/84, numpad, compact 1800
upcoming: 75%, ergo

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 05:07:48 »
Hi Yuktsi, I still haven't received my order on this yet. Any updates?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 05:12:42 »

That just grabbed my attention. Will the ergo be split or something like LZ's ergo board? Or, even more important: will they be available to us that are neither able to converse in Korean, nor have a Korean friend that would proxy one of them for us?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 05:20:55 »
They had some issue with the making of brass plate. Therefore there's some delays. Pmed

That just grabbed my attention. Will the ergo be split or something like LZ's ergo board? Or, even more important: will they be available to us that are neither able to converse in Korean, nor have a Korean friend that would proxy one of them for us?
I am not sure. But I can check for you.  :))
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 November 2016, 05:24:50 by yuktsi »

My collection

More

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 06:07:07 »

Please do so, a split board a'la VE.A is really something that is missing in my collection. Right next to a 65%, maybe I'm lucky with your 910 (fingers crossed).

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 01:06:57 »
These are gorgeous.  I love that purple.  The anodizing looks top notch.  Lucky ****s.  ROUND 2!

Offline Petch

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 03:25:04 »
They had some issue with the making of brass plate. Therefore there's some delays. Pmed

Will there ever be a R2 of the 1800?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 05:43:23 »

Will there ever be a R2 of the 1800?
sadly. no  :(

My collection

More

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 21:08:18 »
Very confusing error with my board. Default layout loads fine. But when I try to load a custom layout, the board will not respond. jigon connects and I can setup a layout, but after I update, the board will not respond. I can switch back to the default layout OK. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Offline gandroider

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 21:25:02 »
Keep drooling over this board... I wish someone would let go one of it and contact me  .. LOL

Offline jenggo

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 19:53:56 »
Keep drooling over this board... I wish someone would let go one of it and contact me  .. LOL

Yeah, me too :">
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 07:09:06 »
All shipped!

My collection

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 07:24:10 »
Guys, I have 7 units of silver TX CP. Please fill the link if you are interested. fcfs

https://goo.gl/d4b4b0

Price would be $352, got to be fair to GB participants. Haha. Kin-25 will ship within 24 hours after you paid. Thank you.

My collection

More

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 07:29:50 »
Guys, I have 7 units of silver TX CP. Please fill the link if you are interested. fcfs

Price would be $352, got to be fair to GB participants. Haha. Kin-25 will ship within 24 hours after you paid. Thank you.
Damn, if they were grey it would be love. Which plate type and how much shipping to Germany :D ?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 07:34:04 »

Damn, if they were grey it would be love. Which plate type and how much shipping to Germany :D ?
No more grey, plate is aluminium. Shipping to europe is $65, US $75, Asia $48.

My collection

More