Author Topic: [IC]GMK Hydro (closed)  (Read 156583 times)

Offline Vigrith

Re: [IC] GMK Hydro (Added Renders: Aug 11th)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 10:43:00 »
Just updated renders from GMK!

I love the set. It's simple and to the point whilst still being unique and interesting - and I'm usually not even a fan of blue on my keyboards. I'll definitely be buying one when you get the GB going.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [IC] GMK Hydro (Added Renders: Aug 11th)
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 11:00:18 »
Just updated renders from GMK!

I cannot get over how good this looks. This has been my dream keyset (the colorway is my personal favorite) and I'll regret it forever and ever and ever if I don't join.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
Re: [IC] GMK Hydro (Added GMK Render Aug 16th)
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 11:21:25 »
Would love to see the Ctrl legends changed to Control.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 11:24:27 »

Didn't even catch that. I agree; I hate "Ctrl" on the 1.5u mods.

All this time I've been paying attention to the colors. I have to now inspect the legends and actual cap options.  ;D

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 12:10:35 »
Fantastic render, full ISO-UK coverage! I will get one set for sure!

One minor point though, regarding the GMK render, it seems there are way too many R4 1u 'Code' keys? Surely we don't need 4 Code caps. Please change it back to 2x 1u Code and 3x 1u R4 blanks. Thanks!  :thumb:
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 14:20:04 »

All this time I've been paying attention to the colors. I have to now inspect the legends and actual cap options.  ;D

Nice catch. I'll change that up.

One minor point though, regarding the GMK render, it seems there are way too many R4 1u 'Code' keys? Surely we don't need 4 Code caps. Please change it back to 2x 1u Code and 3x 1u R4 blanks. Thanks!  :thumb:

Oh wow.  Haha, got this at like 4am pst, but I will request the change.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 15:04:52 »

Nice catch. I'll change that up.

Oh wow.  Haha, got this at like 4am pst, but I will request the change.

Thanks man!  :D

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 15:30:03 »
I have to say, the icon-less keycaps are certainly unique, I would join with 2-3 sets

2 blanks and this set would be beyond perfect for me, however, since modifiers are N9, I guess I can use my existing Dolch Blank collection (I just wish I bought more at the time, as a lot of people were kind enough to sell the ones they don't use, from the Ivan's first Dolch GB)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 16:17:12 »
I am 100% down for this set, novelties or not, I love this color combo. Can't wait for it to go to GB.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 02:14:36 »
I am 100% down for this set, novelties or not, I love this color combo. Can't wait for it to go to GB.

Check out the newly redesigned novelties!

Offline KHAANNN

Re: [IC] GMK Hydro (Added New Novelties Aug 17th)
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 02:29:25 »
what is the 3rd novelty by the way?

It looks like something sliced in half by a katana
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 02:33:29 »
what is the 3rd novelty by the way?

It looks like something sliced in half by a katana

:( hydro pump. sad.

edit: changed to surf :P
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 August 2016, 04:39:49 by jchan94 »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 02:44:38 »
oops. quoted myself.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 August 2016, 02:57:34 by jchan94 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 11:32:29 »
Okay, finally got a chance to look over the mock-up. Still love the set, but here are some things I noticed/thought of:

- Is it possible to add F5-F8 and Prt Sc-Pause in GR1 to match the alphas? This way the blue ones won't look too out of place.
- The novelties are the only things that make this set "Squirtle," but if the novelties don't work out then the set doesn't really remind me of Squirtle. Maybe just name the set something else and have an easier time getting novelties?
- Surprised there are no Windows/Menu caps. Consider adding some, if at all for child packs.
- I just realized there are no icons. They look so weird as text-only, especially since there are other caps that have icons-with-text. I'm fine with the short Backspace as is, but I personally prefer the bigger arrow with the X inside.
- Any willingness to make the 7u bottom row R5?  :-*
- LED caps?

Offline ac2531

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 13:01:56 »
Gorgeous set. Definitely interested.
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 1 | Realforce 87U (45g uniform) | WhiteFox (Gat Browns) | Anne Pro (Gat Reds) | WASD CODE (MX Clears)

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 14:04:06 »
God this looks incredibly good.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 15:22:52 »
I don't like the Code keys, but everything else is perfect!

Offline Capmerica

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:11:29 »
The set looks good now, but can GMK do such tiny details for the novelties?

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:25:43 »

Check out the newly redesigned novelties!

I'm a fan! I still have hopes for the TCG type symbols, but these are great.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:31:53 »

- The novelties are the only things that make this set "Squirtle," but if the novelties don't work out then the set doesn't really remind me of Squirtle. Maybe just name the set something else and have an easier time getting novelties?

Is custom legend text something that happens with GMK sets? Perhaps change the text on Enter/Shift/Caps Lock/etc. to Pokemon moves or something, similar to how space-themed sets have their Overdrive buttons and such.

Maybe just have a custom escape or meta key by default, like JTK does.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:32:32 »
So much HYPE! :p

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:37:30 »

Is custom legend text something that happens with GMK sets? Perhaps change the text on Enter/Shift/Caps Lock/etc. to Pokemon moves or something, similar to how space-themed sets have their Overdrive buttons and such.

Custom legends are possible, even with text, seeing that they are willing to do novelties. But this requires you pay for the tooling associated with this.

Custom keys are gonna be in a novelty pack as shown in the OP :D

Nope, but they are being refined now to be adjusted for their requirements. Wish I knew the specifications before I made the icons...

Okay, finally got a chance to look over the mock-up. Still love the set, but here are some things I noticed/thought of:

- Is it possible to add F5-F8 and Prt Sc-Pause in GR1 to match the alphas? This way the blue ones won't look too out of place.
- Surprised there are no Windows/Menu caps. Consider adding some, if at all for child packs.
- I just realized there are no icons. They look so weird as text-only, especially since there are other caps that have icons-with-text. I'm fine with the short Backspace as is, but I personally prefer the bigger arrow with the X inside.
- LED caps?

:D Romevi, the man with details. Here are your answers.

1. Sorry, but I won't be doing that this time :(. Trying to stick it with some blues.

2. Haha you gotta go back to OG Kanto Region Pokemon then. The novelties are : Bubble, Squad Glasses, Surf, and Shell :)

3. We can see that. Definitely a good consideration and that can be finalized as we can get closer. GMK is on break now so I'll have to wait for them :)

4. Icons are being added. That's an error.

5. Sorry not at this time :(. No R5 :( </3 sorry.

6. GMK doesn't make LED caps afaik.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:38:11 »

They do pad-printing, which is what I assumed this set was going to go with. Otherwise, is it possible to do texts with moves? If so, would those be pad-printed as well?

Offline shangrila500

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 18:14:42 »

Custom legends are possible, even with text, seeing that they are willing to do novelties. But this requires you pay for the tooling associated with this.

Nope, but they are being refined now to be adjusted for their requirements. Wish I knew the specifications before I made the icons...

- LED caps?

1. Sorry, but I won't be doing that this time :(. Trying to stick it with some blues.

2. Haha you gotta go back to OG Kanto Region Pokemon then. The novelties are : Bubble, Squad Glasses, Surf, and Shell :)

3. We can see that. Definitely a good consideration and that can be finalized as we can get closer. GMK is on break now so I'll have to wait for them :)

I have seen GMK LED caps but I never saw the GB so it could have been someone else making them.

Is there any chance that you could add a spacebar kit similar to what is going to drop in the near future for Carbon?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 18:34:06 »

- LED caps?

I have seen GMK LED caps but I never saw the GB so it could have been someone else making them.

Is there any chance that you could add a spacebar kit similar to what is going to drop in the near future for Carbon?

Spacebar? A 6.25u and 7u white are included and an optional n5 spacebar kit is also available

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 19:47:32 »
Rather than LED caps, I think the term you're looking for is windowed caps, which GMK does make. I'd be okay with having them, but they're not a dealbreaker for me and I'm not sure how much they add to the cost (if any, seeing as they're usually blanks).

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 21:38:55 »

- LED caps?

Thanks for the response!

1. That's fine, but I guess it's the all-black row that clashes most. Most, if not all, Cherry sets have alternating top rows with the main modifier and alpha base colors; having that top row with no white would look off to me, but I guess we'll see.

2. OG Kanto is what I was thinking of, but when I look at the set I don't think of Squirtle at all, and I think it's because of the lack of brown. I know the novelties include it, but since the black dominates the modifiers I don't really think of the blue starter Pokemon. I don't want to change the colors at all, but rather the name. But it's totally your call.

3. Great!

4. Ah, thank goodness!

5. R5 > R4 for bottom row. >;)

6. They definitely do, but I think I meant to use the term "window" caps as mentioned above. I have them with my Skidata set!

Please don't take these as negative criticisms but as mere suggestions from one user. As I've said, I love this set and already have planned to put aside money for the  GB.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 21:40:32 »

- LED caps?

Thanks for the response!

1. That's fine, but I guess it's the all-black row that clashes most. Most, if not all, Cherry sets have alternating top rows with the main modifier and alpha base colors; having that top row with no white would look off to me, but I guess we'll see.

2. OG Kanto is what I was thinking of, but when I look at the set I don't think of Squirtle at all, and I think it's because of the lack of brown. I know the novelties include it, but since the black dominates the modifiers I don't really think of the blue starter Pokemon. I don't want to change the colors at all, but rather the name. But it's totally your call.

3. Great!

4. Ah, thank goodness!

5. R5 > R4 for bottom row. >;)

6. They definitely do, but I think I meant to use the term "window" caps as mentioned above. I have them with my Skidata set!

Please don't take these as negative criticisms but as mere suggestions from one user. As I've said, I love this set and already have planned to put aside money for the  GB.

Haha it isn't negative :) I can tell you're very passsionate about this. Oh and I thought you meant backlit ones. I think of those caps as "windowed caps". lol.

:D glad to have you on board romevi

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 04:19:49 »
please wait for my money  :(

dont drop too soon haha!

Offline frostylove

Re: [IC] GMK Hydro
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 07:17:34 »
Show Image

Using CR (black), CP (white) and V4 (blue). All keys here are identical to GMK Hyperfuse, the best in my opinion.

Show Image

Replaced CP with U9.

U9 is light gray, which gonna look horrible on most white especially cream white keyboard. CR is a good choice while i think WS1 is always the best choice cause it's purer.

Not identical to hyperfuse at all, totally definitely legends color
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline frostylove

Re: [IC] GMK Hydro (Added New GMK Renders: Aug 19th)
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 07:20:37 »
Anyway, look at my portrait you know I'm already in.
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline Saint Chewy

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 11:16:46 »
Add the Windows key and Im in!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 12:34:05 »
Are two 7u space bars in the render of the main set? Is it an error? or you meant 6, 6.25 and 7u space bars?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 13:02:47 »
Are two 7u space bars in the render of the main set? Is it an error? or you meant 6, 6.25 and 7u space bars?
Good spot. I think the bottom one is supposed to be a 6u.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 14:06:56 »

Haha I noticed that a while ago after I posted the updated render & I asked for a fix on that :).

Unfortunately, I won't be adding that. Trying to stay impartial to OS D: // btw I use Win&OS X, but OS X more these days because hackintosh.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:39:11 »

Haha I noticed that a while ago after I posted the updated render & I asked for a fix on that :).

Unfortunately, I won't be adding that. Trying to stay impartial to OS D: // btw I use Win&OS X, but OS X more these days because hackintosh.

I don't suppose you could make a small pack that includes the windows key/other keys that people are requesting? If it doesn't hit moq then it doesn't hit moq but at least we would have a chance at the few keys we might want. Either way, the set is shaping up very nicely.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:42:35 »

I don't suppose you could make a small pack that includes the windows key/other keys that people are requesting? If it doesn't hit moq then it doesn't hit moq but at least we would have a chance at the few keys we might want. Either way, the set is shaping up very nicely.

Extremely fair point.

Can you list what sizes you'd want the win pack?

2x 1u &  2x 1.25u?.

I've seen a lot of support for a classic windows key logo so I think that's the way to go.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 15:53:26 »

Haha I noticed that a while ago after I posted the updated render & I asked for a fix on that :) .

Extremely fair point.

2x 1u &  2x 1.25u?.

I've seen a lot of support for a classic windows key logo so I think that's the way to go.

You may consider as well to take advantage of the new diamond legends for 1.25 and 1 units key caps.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:05:03 »

Haha I noticed that a while ago after I posted the updated render & I asked for a fix on that :) .

Extremely fair point.

2x 1u &  2x 1.25u?.

You may consider as well to take advantage of the new diamond legends for 1.25 and 1 units key caps.

I would use diamonds but I don't feel like it fits the theme unfortunately. :(

The alternative keys are already the novelties so we'll see about the win pack.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:24:29 »

Extremely fair point.

2x 1u &  2x 1.25u?.

I would use diamonds but I don't feel like it fits the theme unfortunately. :(

The alternative keys are already the novelties so we'll see about the win pack.

+1 for win pack!  :thumb:

I want 1.25u but having 1u as well would be a plus!

Offline logomachy

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:33:53 »
A little dismayed by the lack of f1-f4 f9-f12 keys to match the alphas.
Would like to  see the blue arrow keys have the dolch color pack rounded triangle style arrows.
Will buy regardless.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 16:51:31 »
Would like to  see the blue arrow keys have the dolch color pack rounded triangle style arrows.
Will buy regardless.

With a month left for the GB, this is the highest consideration I'm making for a change.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:27:54 »
+1 for the 1.25u and 1.u Windows pack. It was taken out of Plum unfortunately, but I really like the contrast (icon against the control/alt text) and accuracy (what the key says, the key does) of the Windows keys.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:47:21 »

Extremely fair point.

2x 1u &  2x 1.25u?.

Yeah I think that would be nice. My vote is for the classic windows key but when it comes down to it I don't mind which one it is as long as there is one. Thanks for the awesome work man!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 18:52:50 »
Pokemon released between 1996-1999. Therefore, I think the Win95/98 logo would be most appropriate. ;)

Offline yulei

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 19:31:45 »
Is the front side of "Pause" made by padprint?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 19:32:36 »
Is the front side of "Pause" made by padprint?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Sí.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 19:40:19 »
Will buy regardless.

With a month left for the GB, this is the highest consideration I'm making for a change.

Awesome. So glad we'll have rotating colors.
Also, is Backspace supposed to have an arrow?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
    • KeyClack
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 20:26:48 »
+1 for the 1.25u and 1.u Windows pack. It was taken out of Plum unfortunately, but I really like the contrast (icon against the control/alt text) and accuracy (what the key says, the key does) of the Windows keys.

In N9 for the keycap color? :)

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 20 August 2016, 20:49:50 »

In N9 for the keycap color? :)

That just reminds me, isn't N9 the Dolch base colour? Maybe we can have Sky Blue Dolch to compliment last year's Sky Dolch!  :p