Author Topic: [GB] Massdrop x Zambumon GMK Nautilus Custom Keycap Set  (Read 195049 times)

Offline ns90

Re: [IC] GMK Nautilus
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 21:02:56 »
I'm torn between the fact that I've already purchased too many keyboards, and the fact that I want this. Decisions, decisions.

Easy, the more keyboards the more keysets you need.

And vice versa, it's never ending...... =]
My problem is too much, too quickly! The amount I've spent this month alone....

Offline owacle

« Reply #251 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 22:30:35 »
Any 96 board renders?

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 05:52:57 »
Can we please get a center stemmed 6u Spacebar instead of the lopsided one? This would ensure that the kit works with MX converted topre boards.... would be huge!

Offline killyou

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:09:40 »
I don't think aqua letters font matches gold font. I think if the letter font be the same as the gold font it would look better. Although I'd like to order one when I'll get my pok3r. Best color scheme ever.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 19:14:12 »
I'm torn between the fact that I've already purchased too many keyboards, and the fact that I want this. Decisions, decisions.

Easy, the more keyboards the more keysets you need.

And vice versa, it's never ending...... =]
My problem is too much, too quickly! The amount I've spent this month alone....

Yes this is a common problem. My solution to this is never looking at my bank account, or only looking after I have been paid.

Maybe not the best solution....=S

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 20:44:48 »
Can we please get a center stemmed 6u Spacebar instead of the lopsided one? This would ensure that the kit works with MX converted topre boards.... would be huge!

It is very unlikely that such a mold exists. GMK 6u space bars have off centered stems, only. Just check the DT Wiki.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 06:02:03 »
I don't think aqua letters font matches gold font. I think if the letter font be the same as the gold font it would look better. Although I'd like to order one when I'll get my pok3r. Best color scheme ever.

No way.. cyan legends on blue make the set! It's water themed after all. :)
keyboards.

Offline holtenc

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 12:29:01 »
Get this produced already!!! I've never been more excited for a keyset.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 11:55:09 »
Any chance of a Blue ISO enter being added? Maybe in the DE/Norde pack?

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 02:01:40 »
Still no novelties released?? :(
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #260 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 06:59:51 »
I like in GMK,

Would love to see this in DSA one day, big fan of centered legends :p

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline sethbc

« Reply #261 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 14:51:47 »
I'd love to see the novelties as well - hopefully this will run soon, looks great as GMK.

Offline zslane

« Reply #262 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:09:00 »
It does. Unfortunately, due to thickness GMK keycaps interfere with NovaTouch switch housings for keys with stabilizers.  :(

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #263 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 19:34:53 »
It does. Unfortunately, due to thickness GMK keycaps interfere with NovaTouch switch housings for keys with stabilizers.  :(
what?  I had gmk hyperfuse on my novatouch I had no issues.

Offline zslane

« Reply #264 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 21:00:15 »
I am referring to the following:

GMK stabilized keys will clack on the slider housing (shift, enter, backspace), but they still work.

When a keycap hits a Topre switch housing and makes noise, I call that "interfering with" the switch housing. A keycap should never make contact because that reduces key travel and ruins the natural sound of Topre switches.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 09:33:15 »
Patiently waiting for the novelties and Q2 with the drop itself.

Do you by any chance have any 96 keys keyboard renders?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 19:01:22 »
have the colors been indicated anywhere? i dont see them on the full set render, which is where they typically are.

Offline poolside

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 19:39:28 »
have the colors been indicated anywhere? i dont see them on the full set render, which is where they typically are.

Near the bottom of the OP:

• Alphas are Pantone 534 C
  • Alphas legends are TU2
  • Modifiers are Pantone 533 C
  • Modifiers legends are GMK N6
  • Alternate modifiers are GMK N6
  • Alternate modifiers legends are Pantone 533 C

Show Image

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 19:42:02 »

Near the bottom of the OP:

• Alphas are Pantone 534 C
  • Alphas legends are TU2
  • Modifiers are Pantone 533 C
  • Modifiers legends are GMK N6
  • Alternate modifiers are GMK N6
  • Alternate modifiers legends are Pantone 533 C

Show Image

thanks! i suspected the mods were a custom color...

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 23:26:38 »
Are novelties still happening as on the projects site it's stated a Feb reveal and we are about a month passed the date.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #270 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 01:39:13 »
He's probably super busy  ;D we still have a bit of time before the set drops I'm sure

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #271 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 11:51:34 »
Sigh. Love your sets (and Wes A. movies)… but Colemak and my undying love for the Ergodox come in the way of a purchase again.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 12:11:28 »
Sigh. Love your sets (and Wes A. movies)… but Colemak and my undying love for the Ergodox come in the way of a purchase again.
Speak up on https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Nautilus-The-Tale-of-a-Explorer/talk/1604475 .... what I had to say:
"
Check the international kit numbers in those links and they're almost all less than the Colevrak set.
Pulse alone sold 3 more international kits than Colevrak.
And I'll add another data point, Godspeed, which sold 56 Colevrak and 48 Norde.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/godspeed-custom-sa-keycap-set
Given those numbers, Norde is even less likely to drop than Colevrak.

So here's my suggestion:
Combine Colevrak and Norde and call it Alt-input.
While you're at it, you should pull the UK keys out of the base kit and put them in Alt-Input.
That would give Norde the best change to tip AND give the Colevrak users the love they deserve.
"

Basically, the only acceptable reason not to offer Colevrak would be that GMK just doesn't make those keys.
Any explanation using MOQ or sale numbers when an international kit is being offered that is likely to sell less than Colevrak would is just BS.
And I've offered a solution that would most likely get both International AND Colevrak users the keys they want.

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #273 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 12:26:29 »
Actually, Yuri is (hopefully) dropping in April. It will be the first GMK set featuring Colevrak. I'm very thankful for the pioneering work on that front.

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 01 April 2017, 09:37:16 »
Any updates on when this may come out as Q2 is fast approaching (I want this set so bad).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 21:40:59 »
I too am very interested in this set, blue and yellow are my SOs favorite colors and I want to surprise her

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 00:52:38 »
Commenting to get notifications

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 10:21:26 »
I'm pretty sure you can just use the "Watch" button at the top of the page.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 15:28:53 »
I'm pretty sure you can just use the "Watch" button at the top of the page.

commenting for post count

Offline joelfong

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 16:08:07 »
Why are they so many nice keysets coming out so often.. My wallet can't take it.. D:

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:37:23 »
Why are they so many nice keysets coming out so often.. My wallet can't take it.. D:

With GMK expanding their stock color options, it's opened up some new possibilities for GMK sets.  Then you've got additional makers coming up with MaxKeys, the XDA profile caps, and Devlin.  Looks like we're going to find ourselves in a more steady stream of caps coming along now, potentially.  Given the quantity of buyers seems to be increasing, probably not a huge surprise.

Offline joelfong

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:44:44 »

With GMK expanding their stock color options, it's opened up some new possibilities for GMK sets.  Then you've got additional makers coming up with MaxKeys, the XDA profile caps, and Devlin.  Looks like we're going to find ourselves in a more steady stream of caps coming along now, potentially.  Given the quantity of buyers seems to be increasing, probably not a huge surprise.

Ah. That explains why I've been seeing more interesting GMK designs recently. I just got my first proper keyboard, a novatouch, so I've been researching on custom keysets a bit. It's really nice to see people in the community step up and design amazing keysets. I was initially a bit sad that I missed out on some of the previous custom keysets and their high resale price isn't helping. But it really does look like there's hope for a more steady stream of great caps and I'm quite excited to see where this will lead to.

Offline maximm

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 15:22:52 »
Might be late to the party, but what happened with the international set? Pretty sure i remember there being one!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 15:38:01 »
what happened with the international set?
A NorDe kit was added to the Massdrop poll as option and received, as of now, 243 votes. It's likely to be offered and, hopefully, produced.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 00:37:51 »
Still, poll me for Colevorak ^__^

Offline hansichen

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 00:21:27 »

Gmk is really pushing the market with lower moq and more colors at the moment. But maxkey has very limited layout design due to missing molds, it will take a very long time until we can see real group buys like this one from them. And Devlin ****ed up everything they could, apart from planck sets I wouldn't expect too much from them within the forseeable future.
And hopefully XDA will remain an affordable set as jchan offered it, 15$ for a planck set would be awesome. I'm really excited to see the delivery of the first buy this month so that we know about their quality.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 01:00:22 »

Gmk is really pushing the market with lower moq and more colors at the moment. But maxkey has very limited layout design due to missing molds, it will take a very long time until we can see real group buys like this one from them. And Devlin ****ed up everything they could, apart from planck sets I wouldn't expect too much from them within the forseeable future.
And hopefully XDA will remain an affordable set as jchan offered it, 15$ for a planck set would be awesome. I'm really excited to see the delivery of the first buy this month so that we know about their quality.

Yup, GMK realized they can still make pretty good money off the enthusiast market that wants to continually throw money at them for more and more product.  With more colors, they get more potential business.  Same story with lower MoQs.   Smart on their part.

MaxKeys can handle quite a lot right now.  What are they missing?  Things like ErgoDox and orthlinear keyboards?  Honestly, if they can handle a typical ANSI or ISO board, they've got the vast majority of buyers covered.  It worked for GMK and even SP for years.  Those missing pieces are niche market boards.

As for Devlin, they're still a possibility if they can get some issues addressed.  Remember, SP SA wasn't the panacea of compatibility at one point either.

I'm still waiting to see how things go with XDA.  I like the idea but want to see how that goes and jump in on a colorway I like rather than just buy whatever XDA set just to try them out. 

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 08:40:55 »
This set cannot come out soon enough. I have a board and artisans waiting for it already. Please! Thanks!

Offline Biggestmac

« Reply #288 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 00:15:06 »
Any more updates on this set and the novelties? I'm really looking forward to it!

Offline jihadu

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 13:10:47 »
Any more updates on this set and the novelties? I'm really looking forward to it!
Novelties are still TBA. Idk if it will drop before DSA Miami Dolch or not.

Offline Hare

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 22:32:25 »
Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 23:09:42 »
Novelties are still TBA. Idk if it will drop before DSA Miami Dolch or not.

Extremely unlikely (impossible I'd imagine but rather not deal in absolutes), this was always meant to drop after Yuri far as I know and Miami Dolch is happening before that according to T0mb3ry so I'd say this is looking at a June ish release at the earliest.

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 23:30:50 »
Still, poll me for Colevorak ^__^
In for Colevrak

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 02:56:57 »
Dang, at this point Yuri will come out sooner than this set. No worries for me tho since I'll still be picking up both of them!

Offline Belgaer

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 11:30:24 »
Dang, at this point Yuri will come out sooner than this set. No worries for me tho since I'll still be picking up both of them!

Yuri was always going to come out before this set. At least that's the order that Massdrop sorted.
Leopold FC980M ISO MX Brown

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 22:47:08 »
Is everyone ready for a June drop???

H Y P E B O I S
Y
P
E
B
O
I
S

Offline yokken

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 10:41:04 »
Oooooo baby it's gonna be a rich couple of months... looking forward to this.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 11:49:16 »
A poor* couple of months.
keyboards.

Offline maximm

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 12:55:00 »
The github project site and this thread has different kit setups - which ones are correct?

Offline loar

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 05:59:39 »
The github project site and this thread has different kit setups - which ones are correct?
yeah, there's no mention of 40% support in this post and it has me a bit worried :/

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk