Author Topic: [GB] TriC 75% - Brevis  (Read 82953 times)

Offline moonmaster

• big bumps, beautiful boards
Re: [GB] TriC 75% - Brevis
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 12:01:11 »
Is anyone else concerned about the fact that Lunaris has gone silent? He is such a great group buy runner and it is really out of character of him to just be MIA for weeks. I *know* he is honest and we are not being scammed or anything, but I am concerned that without him actively working to get these kits to us, it's not going to happen any time soon.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 04 June 2017, 15:28:39 »
Is anyone else concerned about the fact that Lunaris has gone silent? He is such a great group buy runner and it is really out of character of him to just be MIA for weeks. I *know* he is honest and we are not being scammed or anything, but I am concerned that without him actively working to get these kits to us, it's not going to happen any time soon.

Not sure about being a "great group buy runner"... Some of us from the ZZ96 R2/R2.5 GB are still waiting on parts/replacements and he hasn't addressed that thread since the beginning of March.

Offline moonmaster

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 08:24:07 »

Not sure about being a "great group buy runner"... Some of us from the ZZ96 R2/R2.5 GB are still waiting on parts/replacements and he hasn't addressed that thread since the beginning of March.
Should we be considered PayPal disputes to protect ourselves? Or do you think he will come through?

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 09:22:12 »

Should we be considered PayPal disputes to protect ourselves? Or do you think he will come through?
That decision is entirely up to you.

Due to poor communication and disappearing acts, I will never join one of his GB's again. I've written multiple PM's via Reddit and GH, the last response I received was on 4/29.

I understand/believe that LD has good intentions, but the lack of updates/communication and overall disappearing acts negates my positive outlook. I think I'm pretty much SOL. I would consider your options if you still have protection. For myself and some others, we're way past that date.

Offline tron

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 11:29:17 »
I was able to get a PayPal refund from him within 30 minutes of sending a message this morning. The general feeling I get is that we are still waiting on the gray cases so orders can be consolidated into one bulk shipment. If this is still the case then he should set everyone at ease with an update.

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 13:31:31 »
I'm good.  Regular updates would be nice though.  Even if the update is that there are no new updates. 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 06:43:27 »
Nice looking board. was just looking at a 75% or perhaps something new. other size / layout.
One thing that bothers me is non default size keycaps. and smaller shifts why not make them regular size opens us up to
all the nice keycaps out there...
Wanted to ask is this layout ever bin done ?

Offline bciamny

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 09:46:49 »
Nice looking board. was just looking at a 75% or perhaps something new. other size / layout.
One thing that bothers me is non default size keycaps. and smaller shifts why not make them regular size opens us up to

as a guide for keyboard layouts (and using what i think you mean to be reguly size keys), let's use the following sizes for rows 4 and 5 (shift row and spacebar row): 2.25u (u for units) for left shift, 2.75u for right shift, 1u for the remaining keys in row 4; 1.25u for the CTRL, ALT, and DZ keys, 6.25u for the spacebar and 1u for the remaining keys. adding those sizes up we get 17u for row 4 and 16.75u for row 5. there would be a small size difference between the rows.

a long way of saying the layout wouldn't be rectangular as your image suggests.

Offline Koein

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 23:43:05 »
Can I still join the GB or is it closed?

Offline Cotay

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 00:11:18 »

Depends on what you mean by "nice keycaps". Most every GMK and SP set I have seen includes a 1.75 RShift. It's actually the cheaper sets that have the problem.

Offline UberWeasel

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 12:00:52 »
Well, I emailed Jian (LunarisDream) a few days ago asking for an update, but haven't heard anything. Have any of you heard anything from him? I see he shipped out a few boards, but that was a while ago. I'm starting to think it's time to open a dispute with PayPal...

Offline moonmaster

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 18:44:41 »
Well, I emailed Jian (LunarisDream) a few days ago asking for an update, but haven't heard anything. Have any of you heard anything from him? I see he shipped out a few boards, but that was a while ago. I'm starting to think it's time to open a dispute with PayPal...
She/he is active on reddit, and gives refunds via PayPal for those who have requested it. But s/he is just ignoring this thread for some reason.

Offline jKaw

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 20 June 2017, 12:35:42 »
Anything from LD? I couldn't get confirmation for a refund. Seem to have become inactive as of last Wednesday or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline astonlau

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 05:20:37 »
Few days ago, I saw some shop on Taobao selling Tric75. They sold 58 kits of it. The selling record shows its been selling for 3 months. Exactly the first estimated shipping date. Then I tried to contact LD on Reddit but he doesnt respond even I doing claim for reimbursement on Paypal. Now I just want to take the money back.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 June 2017, 05:30:51 by astonlau »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 21:28:38 »
Hey folks. There's nothing new to update unfortunately despite the lengthy delay. Here is the current state of affairs:

I have the below orders (by Paypal invoice #) that are ready to ship or have shipped already:

TriC75_03
TriC75_07
TriC75_09
TriC75_11
TriC75_12
TriC75_13
TriC75_20
TriC75_26
TriC75_30
TriC75_37
TriC75_41
TriC75_44
TriC75_45
TriC75_50

The biggest cause of the current delay is that the parts that are black or gray needed to be reanodized due to the color not being accurate compared to the original. It should be taking this long, but the reality of it all is that it is taking longer than it should, and rushing HolyOOPs is generally a fruitless endeavor. This is why most of them are not ready to ship.

The listing from Taobao is from Baiyang who works with TriC as well, but separately. I'm not sure exactly what is enabling him to get the kits when I'm still waiting on the group's, but I don't think it's an issue of favoritism.

We are approaching the 6-month mark for the early adopters of the GB and refunds, if requested, will be (had have been) issued.

For those who have not cancelled, TriC is throwing in a free brass MX keycap as a way of apologizing for the delay.

And I have a personal apology to make: Regardless of whether there's anything new to update or not, it's irresponsible of me to go MIA on the thread and cause buyers unnecessary worry. I wish I could say with certainty that something like this won't happen again, but sometimes the pressure of it all overwhelms me and I feel the need to escape from it all, futile though it may be, temporarily. I am speaking frankly and this is not PR-speak. For the majority of the past month I have attempted to take refuge from the responsibilities that I've taken up, losing my time in studies (it's finals week) and video games (Overwatch primarily) as a form of escapism. I can't say it's really helped, but while it happened, I did feel a bit better, having taken my mind off things, however temporarily it may have been. The feeling of having nothing new to update while people have been waiting patiently is, honestly, dreadful. I think I'm over it now, though. There are a few disputes in my Paypal account, more messages in my GH and reddit inbox, and I'm going through them all right now. It's a beautiful Saturday morning, perfect for tackling outstanding problems.

Shoot me an email if you want to reach out about anything. my username @yahoo.com. I promise it won't take a month to respond this time around.

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 00:19:11 »
Thanks for the update!  I completely understand how difficult it must be to organize this.  If we get antsy for our keyboards, we will also dive into a few matches of Overwatch!   Mei all the way!

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 02:50:49 »
Yayyy thanks LD. Glad you're ok and this GB is still moving forward :)

Offline geofflane

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 15:58:24 »
Appreciate the update! Looking forward to building mine.

Offline odd

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 08:09:43 »
Anyone else get their Tric 75? I ask because mine died suddenly this Thursday when I was at work. As of now no computer can see it when I have it plugged in. I have tried multiple computers, different cables, etc. I checked the PCB and everything looks fine so I'm not sure what happened. This is a major bummer since this is my daily driver at work and I love it, I just wish I knew what was going on. Anyone else have their's die out of the blue, is there anything I can do to revive it?

Lunaris is there anything you can tell me to troubleshoot or things to test/look for?

Offline tobsn

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 10:22:55 »
I have the below orders (by Paypal invoice #) that are ready to ship or have shipped already:
TriC75_03
TriC75_07
TriC75_09
TriC75_11
TriC75_12
TriC75_13
TriC75_20
TriC75_26
TriC75_30
TriC75_37
TriC75_41
TriC75_44
TriC75_45
TriC75_50

TriC75_55 ... aw so close :/

Offline UberWeasel

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:57:45 »
Hey LunarisDream, it's been 2 weeks since your last post where you stated you'd be better about updates. I think I speak for everybody on here when I say we don't care if there is nothing to update us with, but it would be nice to hear that from you once in a while. The total lack of communication is the bit that causes us to worry.

So how about at least weekly updates, even if they are, "Nothing new to report, still waiting." Seriously, it's not that hard to keep us all happy. We're patient (for the most part), but we don't like having to chase people down who have taken our money.

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:00:41 »
I'd like clarification on what "ready to ship" meant as mine is amung those orders... I was expecting a tracking number within a few days.  I am very patient.  Just confused.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:16:57 »
I'd like clarification on what "ready to ship" meant as mine is amung those orders... I was expecting a tracking number within a few days.  I am very patient.  Just confused.

I agree. My order number was in the "ready to ship" list, but I had already requested a refund a few weeks before that. I've received no updates on either front.

Offline UberWeasel

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 07:05:02 »
Since the last line of his most recent posting said, "Shoot me an email if you want to reach out about anything. my username @yahoo.com. I promise it won't take a month to respond this time around." I decided to shoot him an email. I'll report back if I hear anything. I'm a very patient person, but I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with this whole situation.

Offline moonmaster

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 09:47:29 »
Part of what makes this frustrating is knowing that the people who joined the Taobao buy have had theirs for months.  I'm not saying that SHOULD make it more frustrating, but that has been my experience so far.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 13:57:20 »
Part of what makes this frustrating is knowing that the people who joined the Taobao buy have had theirs for months.  I'm not saying that SHOULD make it more frustrating, but that has been my experience so far.

Chinese and Korean GBs have always shipped before US ones. Been the case since even old LZ GBs.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 11:50:35 »
Emailed Lunaris.  He says he is shipping those listed above now.  And I think I got my tracking number.  90% sure as I didnt order anything else.   He updated the tracking sheet too.

Offline UberWeasel

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 07:28:13 »
Emailed Lunaris.  He says he is shipping those listed above now.  And I think I got my tracking number.  90% sure as I didnt order anything else.   He updated the tracking sheet too.

Glad he responded to you, I emailed him a week ago and haven't heard anything. Be nice if he would visit us and say hi at least...

Offline Nicholost

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 12:06:36 »
I received my TriC 75 last night.  I am board TriC75_37 and in the USA, so things are moving forward.  The board is much heavier than I expected, which is a treat.  The plate fit in the case is precise and even.  One of the two acrylic windows below the board has a slight gap -- less than 1mm -- whereas the other is an exact fit.  Since these windows are below the board, it is completely unnoticeable and not something I can complain about.  I chose a purple case and a purple plate and was very pleased to see the ano shades are identical.  I plugged the naked PCB in and the board illuminated as expected.  I will have to solder switches on for the full test, but so far, so good.  Honestly, I think this board was worth the wait.  Thanks, LunarisDream!
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 July 2017, 12:08:08 by Nicholost »

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 19:42:08 »
Received mine today.  Like Nocholost said, very heavy duty keyboard.  I don't have any of the alignment issues he mentioned.  Everything fits together well.  I will post pictures after I build it out.

Gray case
Red plate
gateron blacks
white LEDs

EDIT: I really hate the stabilzers I bought... going to buy some new ones... oh well. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 July 2017, 21:47:27 by fluxrez »

Offline notbrain

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 22:14:17 »
Got mine today, all black looks great. Will post build as it goes.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 22:21:04 »
I'm glad to hear these are looking good. I missed the GB for these so I ordered one in black on Taobao a few days ago. I'll be interested to see pics of everyone's builds.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 09:31:08 »
just fyi the tric60 b-stock arrived last week.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 23:40:59 »
I paid a while back already, but im still showing as "invoiced"???

Why is this?  :/
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 12:32:26 »
My keyboard arrived a few days ago. The case is gorgeous, but the PCB appears to be completely dead. I can't get any computer to recognize it, nothing lights up... Any ideas? :(

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 12:39:32 »
My keyboard arrived a few days ago. The case is gorgeous, but the PCB appears to be completely dead. I can't get any computer to recognize it, nothing lights up... Any ideas? :(

If it is like mine, all the RGB LEDs will light up and cycle right away.  Have you tried plugging it into another computer to make sure its the keyboard and not the computer?

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 12:43:25 »

If it is like mine, all the RGB LEDs will light up and cycle right away.  Have you tried plugging it into another computer to make sure its the keyboard and not the computer?

Yes, and it appears to have fried the USB port on my PC. Well, my build day just went downhill fast.

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #137 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 12:48:20 »

Yes, and it appears to have fried the USB port on my PC. Well, my build day just went downhill fast.

Ok, fully shutting down the PC and unplugging it for a bit, then rebooting got the USB port working again, but I really don't want to plug this PCB in again :/

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 12:55:01 »
I'm using the same setup I always do to test PCBs and my other boards are working fine with the cable and laptop I'm using. The USB port soldering on the TriC board looks pretty messy - I bet there's a short. Waiting to hear other ideas before i get too crazy, but that's my current theory. Sorry for spamming the thread, just was really excited to build :/

Update: Measured resistance across the USB port pins with a multimiter. Between the 5v and Data- pin the resistance is only 1.5kΩ, so I think that's probably the issue. Between 5v and ground is about 5.5kΩ, which is also concerning. All other pin pairs have very high resistance between them.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 July 2017, 19:52:48 by murkey »

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 15:31:35 »
I bet if you took some close up photos of the PCB and made a post on another board asking for help someone could spot the issue.  Maybe it's a simple solder fix

Offline luigimario77

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 20:02:51 »
If I order right now, when would this ship to the US?

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 10:27:33 »
I bet if you took some close up photos of the PCB and made a post on another board asking for help someone could spot the issue.  Maybe it's a simple solder fix

Thanks fluxrez. I've been getting some help from a friend who's pretty good with electronics and will try to get some help online as well. If you have a suggestion for which forum/board to ask on, let me know - need to head off to work now but I should have some time tonight. I also sent LD an email. Hopefully I'll hear something soon. If anyone knows how to get in touch with TriC directly that would be amazing as well.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 02:16:23 »
Can anyone who has received their Tric 75 tell me what sort of packaging it came in or post a picture of it? I'm running into issues with my order for this on Taobao and parts are missing.

Here is the picture of how the hardware arrived. I've already confirmed with the Agent that a lot is missing.

173592-0

This is the picture that the Taobao agent sent and it appears it just came loose in bubble wrap. This is much different that the quality packaging from the Tric60 so I'm wondering if this is B-stock.

173594-1

« Last Edit: Tue, 18 July 2017, 02:18:22 by Cotay »

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:46:03 »
Can anyone who has received their Tric 75 tell me what sort of packaging it came in or post a picture of it? I'm running into issues with my order for this on Taobao and parts are missing.

Here is the picture of how the hardware arrived. I've already confirmed with the Agent that a lot is missing.

(Attachment Link)

This is the picture that the Taobao agent sent and it appears it just came loose in bubble wrap. This is much different that the quality packaging from the Tric60 so I'm wondering if this is B-stock.

(Attachment Link)

My packaging was on the bad side too.  But there wasn't any damage.  You appear to be missing the little rubber nipples for the bottom of the feet.   Everything else seems okay. 

Honestly though you shouldn't use those feet.  Bad for the wrists according to our companies ergonomic desk setter upper

Offline Cotay

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 00:50:39 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

My packaging was on the bad side too.  But there wasn't any damage.  You appear to be missing the little rubber nipples for the bottom of the feet.   Everything else seems okay. 

Honestly though you shouldn't use those feet.  Bad for the wrists according to our companies ergonomic desk setter upper

Thanks. It's odd that Tric didn't package these in the fancy boxes like the Tric60. From the picture, I think it is missing the rubber feet, the two screw inserts for the feet, two screws for one of the side acrylic pieces, and two screws for the top plate.

Did all of your hardware also come in a baggy like this?

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 02:31:41 »
Oh yeah, I couldn't really see all your screws.  Maybe they fell out in shipping?  =(  Mine was in a box, but it was a little crushed.  and had less packaging than I would imagine is normal. 

I wasn't going to mention it though, as everything was fine. 

I'm waiting for stabilizers in the mail...  or I would have built the board by now.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 13:29:16 »
Oh yeah, I couldn't really see all your screws.  Maybe they fell out in shipping?  =(  Mine was in a box, but it was a little crushed.  and had less packaging than I would imagine is normal. 

I wasn't going to mention it though, as everything was fine. 

I'm waiting for stabilizers in the mail...  or I would have built the board by now.

Thanks! Fortunately the TaoBao agent contacted the seller and a proper bag of hardware is being sent.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 17:26:27 »
Lunaris has once again, dropped out of contact....

Great...

I really dont wanna have to refund :/

Forever stuck as "invoiced"....
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline notbrain

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 23:24:24 »

Offline techfresh

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 00:06:20 »
Lunaris has once again, dropped out of contact....

Great...

I really dont wanna have to refund :/

Forever stuck as "invoiced"....
Some people in the ZZ96 GB reported updates they got from Lunaris as recently as last week. Not sure if you have tried emailing yet, you might have more luck that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk