Author Topic: [GB] TriC 75% - Brevis  (Read 82946 times)

Offline Cotay

Re: [GB] TriC 75% - Brevis
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 02:50:22 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Interesting you have clear bump pads. My black one is coming with black ones like on both of my Tric60s.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 18:00:09 »
Lunaris has once again, dropped out of contact....

Great...

I really dont wanna have to refund :/

Forever stuck as "invoiced"....
Some people in the ZZ96 GB reported updates they got from Lunaris as recently as last week. Not sure if you have tried emailing yet, you might have more luck that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah okay, maybe I will email him instead.

But so far, he hasn't responded on GH messages, nor Reddit. 
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline odd

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 18:07:52 »
So after spending all weekend trying to revive my board I realized it's dead dead dead or at least I don't have the skills to figure out where it died. I have basically replaced  everything except for the ATMega chip and it's in no better or worse shape then before. Is it possible to buy a PCB or are there just none left and I'm out of luck?

Offline Cotay

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 23:37:46 »
So after spending all weekend trying to revive my board I realized it's dead dead dead or at least I don't have the skills to figure out where it died. I have basically replaced  everything except for the ATMega chip and it's in no better or worse shape then before. Is it possible to buy a PCB or are there just none left and I'm out of luck?

If you don't get a hold of LD, you could always try a B.mini from Winkeyless or a clone from Taobao: https://world.taobao.com/item/532865269364.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-15386017182.6.672e1ae2UMBDkL

The LEDs certainly aren't on the side location, but it otherwise looks compatible. The USB port looks to be in the same location. At least then you would have a working board. I think the clone also has provision for RGB strips (can't be certain), if so you could try and run them along the sides.

Offline ambalek

• Pizza tonight/Threat neutralized
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 03:08:00 »
Is everyone still patiently waiting for a shipping notification or update, or is it just me?

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 03:42:01 »
Even after like 2 weeks I am still getting ZERO replies from Lunaris about me inquiring (GH, Email) about me forever being stuck as "invoiced" on his spreadsheet.

Admittedly I am starting to feel pretty freaking upset about this.

It's been over an entire month since he has promised regular updates. People ask questions, he gives no response.   
I am just going to risk sounding like an ******* and flat out say that although this isnt a bad group buy since things happen, the lack of communication in EVERY way possible, makes Lunaris a terrible GB runner.

Going to wait a week or so for ANY sort of response from Lunaris before I give up and file a paypal claim...

This sucks...I was really looking forward to the keyboard kit :/

Offline tobsn

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 10:08:14 »
Well considering the tric60 b-stock had no updates in while and then suddenly arrived I think he's just overwhelmed and it's not really his fault so all he could do anyway is tell people that the tric group isn't delivering or delaying.

He could say that here though... :D

I'm just gonna wait a bit longer till mid month, considering my payment was sent in mid April, its not the worst group buy delay.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 21:28:51 »
Well considering the tric60 b-stock had no updates in while and then suddenly arrived I think he's just overwhelmed and it's not really his fault so all he could do anyway is tell people that the tric group isn't delivering or delaying.

He could say that here though... :D

I'm just gonna wait a bit longer till mid month, considering my payment was sent in mid April, its not the worst group buy delay.

Good point...

Maybe ill just wait a bit more then.

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 00:51:43 »

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 12:12:47 »

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 13:06:55 »
I thought it might give everyone hope. 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 21:36:38 »
Has anyone found the software for this yet?

I found a version of it online, but its not quite right... the keys dont appear in the right places on the screen
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2017, 21:54:58 by fluxrez »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 22:31:19 »
Has anyone found the software for this yet?

I found a version of it online, but its not quite right... the keys dont appear in the right places on the screen

Bootmapper doesn't display the matrix in any sort of arrangement (Well, it does - it's row and column pin mapping). The right way to use Bootmapper is to click Download, the click Toggle Bootmapper. Hit a key on your keyboard then click at the bottom on what it's supposed to be. Wash, rinse, repeat until your matrix is complete then check Reboot after uploading and click Upload.

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 22:54:40 »
Nice... that is a bit easier then what I did...  :thumb:
thank you

There is probably a newer version somewhere though... might have to compile it myself though... Ive never done that.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2017, 23:07:16 by fluxrez »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 10:47:28 »
http://blog.winkeyless.kr/155

And no, you don't have to compile.

Offline UberWeasel

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 05:39:12 »
LunarisDream - Come on man, 7 weeks with NO update?

Offline ambalek

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 03:42:52 »

Can we form a TriC 75% Brevis support group and do a big group hug?

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 10:28:05 »

Can we form a TriC 75% Brevis support group and do a big group hug?
I call first! I need it after all this waiting... :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 13:09:51 »
Hey all got a brevis for the s.o. a while back and we finally had the chance to tune the switches and build it up.

She really wanted the mac look to go along with the work setup and I think the silver color really delivered on that.  Building was relatively simple though we did need to touch up a solder point on a diode.  Overall really solid feel. Worth noting: we used lubed mx silents with the rgb bottom housing and it came out so quiet it might be more quiet than the mac book pro's keyboard.

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 16:59:58 »
Hey all got a brevis for the s.o. a while back and we finally had the chance to tune the switches and build it up.
Show Image

She really wanted the mac look to go along with the work setup and I think the silver color really delivered on that.  Building was relatively simple though we did need to touch up a solder point on a diode.  Overall really solid feel. Worth noting: we used lubed mx silents with the rgb bottom housing and it came out so quiet it might be more quiet than the mac book pro's keyboard.
Love how you made it match the mac!  Even though I'm not a Mac fan.  Noice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 21:16:13 »
That looks amazing. Nice job.

Offline notbrain

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 11:24:09 »
She really wanted the mac look to go along with the work setup...

Sigh...too bad open/closed Apple keys aren't readily available (or even the universal "command" symbol 4-leaf clover). Would love to mimic an old ][gs keyboard too.

Offline notbrain

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 13:40:53 »
Looks like my PCB is FUBAR. Might have been that way from the beginning, might have been my solder-unsolder-resolder job that did it (forgot to install the stabilizers!!! don't mention it please.). Either way it started to be recognized as a kb on macOS but now it just lights up but no more keyboard detection in the OS. No keys work at all even when it was detected as a USB device. Will try new cables etc but it looks bleak.

I need more spares, is there anywhere to get another board that's compatible without needing to wait 6 months? Is my main option to hardwire it and use a teensy?

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 16:52:53 »
Looks like my PCB is FUBAR. Might have been that way from the beginning, might have been my solder-unsolder-resolder job that did it (forgot to install the stabilizers!!! don't mention it please.). Either way it started to be recognized as a kb on macOS but now it just lights up but no more keyboard detection in the OS. No keys work at all even when it was detected as a USB device. Will try new cables etc but it looks bleak.

I need more spares, is there anywhere to get another board that's compatible without needing to wait 6 months? Is my main option to hardwire it and use a teensy?

I still need a new PCB as well (mine was DoA). I emailed LD but no response. Considering trying to find someone else to get in touch with TriC and try to order a few... Let me know if you have ideas, happy to help.

Offline notbrain

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 18:19:48 »
Yeah happy to go in with you on an order, where can I find more info on ordering directly?

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 16:27:51 »
Not sure. I've never dealt with TaoBao/proxies before. I know Originative was working on the TriC TKL board, so I'm planning on reaching out to them, but I feel pretty clueless since TriC has no online presence AFAICT.

Offline UberWeasel

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 12:08:20 »
So I'm starting to think LunarisDream has gone totally MIA. He hasn't been active on Reddit for some time now, he's not responding to emails or pm, and he isn't posting here at all. With no real recourse at this point I guess those of us that stuck it out beyond the PayPal payment protection date are SOL. Joy.

Has anybody heard anything from him?

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 13:31:09 »
So I'm starting to think LunarisDream has gone totally MIA. He hasn't been active on Reddit for some time now, he's not responding to emails or pm, and he isn't posting here at all. With no real recourse at this point I guess those of us that stuck it out beyond the PayPal payment protection date are SOL. Joy.

Has anybody heard anything from him?
I'm over it at this point. A mass email can take less than 5 minutes or just be automated, so there's really no excuse after that last update (when he said he'd reply to all the email and make regular updates).

Luckily I joined very late.

Since he hasn't responded to my last message (I asked him if I could buy spares from other cancelations, ironically), does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to cancel?

Offline tobsn

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 19:36:39 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYm6eAEQoQE

Personal problems aside, here are what I know for the current two buys:

TriC75: Production has finished in its entirety, including the ones that had to be redone from the initial batch. After contacting the TriC team, they will now proceed with packing and sorting.

ZZ96: Unable to get in contact with the person responsible for production during the day, likely due to it being midnight in China. In contrast, the person from the TriC team whom I spoke to was in Virginia and so was able to respond promptly. As soon as I get more info, I will send out an email to those in the buy.

Came via email.

Offline UberWeasel

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 04:47:33 »
Yup, as tobsn said, LunarisDream sent out a mass email yesterday explaining why he's been absent. The timeline doesn't really make sense as he's been non-communicative for nearly 2 months, but was active on Reddit as recent as 25 days ago. But, whatever. If he gets me my keyboard then all is forgiven.

So, LunarisDream, when you get back to China this weekend, how about an update?

Offline Maevy

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:50:26 »
Hello LunarisDream

Since you don't respond to pm's or the forum on (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80649.0) ZZ96 i'm writing here.

I am not the only one that have problems with trying to contact you from the ZZ96 GB.

I am still waiting over 6 months for your answer how we can resolve the defect ZZ96 board I got from you.

Last response I got from you was Wed, 25 January 2017, 19:51:00, after you said you wanted to help me resolve this you started ignoring my PM's.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:06:32 »
Hello LunarisDream

Since you don't respond to pm's or the forum on (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80649.0) ZZ96 i'm writing here.

I am not the only one that have problems with trying to contact you from the ZZ96 GB.

I am still waiting over 6 months for your answer how we can resolve the defect ZZ96 board I got from you.

Last response I got from you was Wed, 25 January 2017, 19:51:00, after you said you wanted to help me resolve this you started ignoring my PM's.

Scroll up a bit. He's been basically MIA for a while.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline odd

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 18:00:32 »
So I guess I'm not the only one with a defective PCB. As someone posted here (sorry on my cell phone) the winkeyless pcb's and their clones fit perfect and work better using the bootmapper client. Still not sure about the rgb strips because if you add 2 strips of 5 you will be hitting 30 rgb lites so I have yet to do that. So people with dead PCBs there is a option.

On that note I was able to reflow the entire PCB with all new parts and still no dice in getting it working so there must be a serious defect with the PCB and the PCB does not seem like it was designed for this case exclusivly ( the strange rgb lites installed where the TriC logo is for example) so maybe these were b stock or something.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 20:13:18 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6x3ntj/gb_tric75_brevis_aluminum_custom_sale_for_instock/

After an extended leave of absence from the web due to personal issues, I have five refunded orders for TriC75 - Brevis that are available to ship immediately from China (about 5 days from payment to arrival).

Well, this just happened.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 20:47:48 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6x3ntj/gb_tric75_brevis_aluminum_custom_sale_for_instock/

After an extended leave of absence from the web due to personal issues, I have five refunded orders for TriC75 - Brevis that are available to ship immediately from China (about 5 days from payment to arrival).

Well, this just happened.

Wow...that's really bad form and he knows it based upon the last question he answers in his post.

Offline heavyheaded

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 20:58:13 »
And another week goes by without updates... :thumb:

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 18:43:32 »
I debated posting this, I'm not sure if it will make things better or worse...

The extra I bought on Reddit landed already. So, they do exist and he is shipping them.

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 18:58:44 »
Received mine today via DHL, looks great, bit of a wait on this one but it finally showed up, so no real complaints here.  I've developed very low expectations for group buys so anything that actually shows up is a basically a success.  Pics some other time, the tric keycap is a nice bonus.

Offline geofflane

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 19:30:23 »
Got mine today too. Haven't had a chance to test the PCB yet or anything, but it looks like all the pieces are there. It took a while for sure!

Offline UberWeasel

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 12:56:50 »
Mine came today, and while the box looks like it was dragged behind a bus everything *appears* to be ok. I've not yet tested it as I used the switches on another KB project after having given up on this GB, but it does look ok.

I would suggest LunarisDream NEVER run another group buy. Clearly he's not capable of managing one efficiently, and his communication has been terrible. I just pray everything works as I really don't want to try and get anything replaced by him.

Offline ambalek

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 14:08:12 »
Mine arrived today. The small bag for the screws and feet split, so there were screws in the outer courier packing (outside of the cardboard box). Be careful not to quickly throw all of your packing away!

The case, plate, and PCB are all immaculate though, so that’s my only issue (so far, need to test the PCB!)

Offline seblove

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 14:46:34 »
Mine came today, and while the box looks like it was dragged behind a bus everything *appears* to be ok. I've not yet tested it as I used the switches on another KB project after having given up on this GB, but it does look ok.

I would suggest LunarisDream NEVER run another group buy. Clearly he's not capable of managing one efficiently, and his communication has been terrible. I just pray everything works as I really don't want to try and get anything replaced by him.

He's run a few groupbuys now and at the end of the day, people receive their boards and are happy (pretty sure the zz96 gb went relatively well).. the same cannot be said for soo many gbs out there. The guy had his internet access restricted, then he made a public apology and followed through. I think we should be appreciative of his efforts as opposed to insulting..

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 15:19:20 »
LD dropped the ball on communication.
But I got a board in the end.

I joined at the start of this buy (number 9) and another group buy at around the same time, and right now there's a decent amount of communication in that buy, but have yet to receive a board with no real end in sight.
IMHO I much prefer the former of these cases.

Offline ambalek

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 03:03:43 »
I tested my PCB and it’s fine, the LEDs work and the keys register.

I also tested screw-in stabs, mine are Zeal. They fit under the plate and don’t short traces on the board, so I’m going to use them.

Offline notbrain

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 15:52:54 »

I also tested screw-in stabs, mine are Zeal. They fit under the plate and don’t short traces on the board, so I’m going to use them.

Was thinking of doing exactly/similar to this, but I'm not sure if these are the same type - https://zealpc.net/collections/switches/products/gold-plated-hot-swap-sockets-for-pcbs

Are they screw in? I don't mind soldering but just wondering if these would work for hot swap switch capability.

Offline notbrain

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 15:57:12 »
Mine arrived today. The small bag for the screws and feet split, so there were screws in the outer courier packing (outside of the cardboard box). Be careful not to quickly throw all of your packing away!

The case, plate, and PCB are all immaculate though, so that’s my only issue (so far, need to test the PCB!)

Got my 2nd kit the other day, had the same issue--screws loose inside the box, but at least all there. First kit was assembled and everything was in place. Getting sloppy.

Offline heavyheaded

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 20:14:05 »
Of the people who recently received theirs, can anyone confirm if the google doc is being updated? I haven't noticed any changes and I check it fiarly regularly. Still hoping I actually get my board. :-(

Offline ambalek

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 09:07:45 »

Was thinking of doing exactly/similar to this, but I'm not sure if these are the same type - https://zealpc.net/collections/switches/products/gold-plated-hot-swap-sockets-for-pcbs

Are they screw in? I don't mind soldering but just wondering if these would work for hot swap switch capability.

I meant stabilisers rather than hot swap sockets, but I actually used hot swap sockets on this build as well and they work. Mine aren’t from Zeal though

Offline person

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 16:01:30 »
Of the people who recently received theirs, can anyone confirm if the google doc is being updated? I haven't noticed any changes and I check it fiarly regularly. Still hoping I actually get my board. :-(

I received a grey kit earlier this week and can confirm the doc is still being updated. I actually received a DHL Express text notification first before I checked the doc, where I saw that the entry had been updated to "Submitted for shipping".

I haven't had a chance to test yet, but the grey case definitely looks very nice. I also didn't have any of the issues with loose screws in the packaging.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 16:16:10 »

I received a grey kit earlier this week and can confirm the doc is still being updated. I actually received a DHL Express text notification first before I checked the doc, where I saw that the entry had been updated to "Submitted for shipping".

I haven't had a chance to test yet, but the grey case definitely looks very nice. I also didn't have any of the issues with loose screws in the packaging.

friend of mine had 2 kits come and there were no issues with screws or anything
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90