Author Topic: [GB] Golbat Round 2 (Final Round) - SHIPPING SOON  (Read 30297 times)

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
Re: [GB] Golbat Round 2 (Final Round) - Order Submitted
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 10:11:10 »
Important update. The shipment of the boards will be delayed on my part. The change in exchange rate will cause the import taxes into canada to be much higher than planned for so I will have the parcel shipped to a family member's place in the USA where I will be visiting in July and will complete the shipping at that time. This is to avoid having 3rd parties involved or extra costs. It will however change the cost of shipping but should generally be the same for North America.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 20:01:31 »
Important update. The shipment of the boards will be delayed on my part. The change in exchange rate will cause the import taxes into canada to be much higher than planned for so I will have the parcel shipped to a family member's place in the USA where I will be visiting in July and will complete the shipping at that time. This is to avoid having 3rd parties involved or extra costs. It will however change the cost of shipping but should generally be the same for North America.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm glad to hear this same as I know everone is! Come July, I'll be ready!

Offline Greatfirewall

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 00:59:22 »
DHL number :9903375440
Waiting for final payment.

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 21:21:39 »
thanks for the update!

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 14:59:30 »
I will be shipping out the keyboards the week of the 14th of July. My flight down is booked so I'll take a day from my vacation time to do this  :'(

I'll be sending out the invoices for shipping costs in the coming weeks so that I can get the funds out in cash for when I go down (to pay the shipping) since I have a feeling PP will very annoying with regards to my ship from address being US if I try and pay from my PP account (I'll test it this week).

Please make sure to pay before the 14th because I don't want to carry more than 4 keyboards back (1 prototype for his new project + 3 complete boards for spare parts).

Thanks!

GL1TCH3D

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 07:55:55 »
I will be shipping out the keyboards the week of the 14th of July. My flight down is booked so I'll take a day from my vacation time to do this  :'(

I'll be sending out the invoices for shipping costs in the coming weeks so that I can get the funds out in cash for when I go down (to pay the shipping) since I have a feeling PP will very annoying with regards to my ship from address being US if I try and pay from my PP account (I'll test it this week).

Please make sure to pay before the 14th because I don't want to carry more than 4 keyboards back (1 prototype for his new project + 3 complete boards for spare parts).

Thanks!

GL1TCH3D
Got you, will be ready for my invoice

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Offline jgodinez302

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 00:39:06 »

Does this mean US residents will get a cheaper shipping rate than initially anticipated?  ;D

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 14:40:22 »

Does this mean US residents will get a cheaper shipping rate than initially anticipated?  ;D

It's possible but I haven't checked the prices yet. Canadian and US prices were always very similar.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 12:37:21 »
UPDATED THE MAIN POST TO CLARIFY INVOICES

Offline Grimspoon

Re: [GB] Golbat Round 2 (Final Round) - SHIPPING SOON
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 15:11:18 »
I almost shat myself when I saw the invoice. Then I re-read the note attached to it.

Offline odd

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 18:04:52 »
Paid. I cannot believe it's finally going to ship  :p

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 14:15:12 »
So this took a lot longer than I expected. Unfortunately GFW did not separate the orders for me like he did last time so I had to sort them manually. While opening the box I got a cut that required stitches...

2 people had acrylic in bad condition. Basically one person is not getting the frosted acrylic like they requested. This person ordered other colors so I will contact them about that. Likewise the person that ordered pink... Well they got 2 different colors of pink for some reason.

I only have 1 spare PCB not 3 like I ordered so be very careful with your PCBs when you get them since I may not be able to send a replacement.

Shipping will take longer since I don't have boxes like I expected to have. I will have to get boxes from the post office. I will probably extra pack the USA orders in bubble wrap and use prepaid bubble mailers. I'll update more as I figure out the shipping situation

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 16:16:01 »
Shipped all USA orders. Post office was hastling me about customs forms and I don't have a printer.

There are only a few Europe and Canadian orders so I will bring those back with me and ship them from Canada (no I wasn't ignoring your shipping quote requests).

Offline ns90

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 18:33:44 »
Shipped all USA orders. Post office was hastling me about customs forms and I don't have a printer.

There are only a few Europe and Canadian orders so I will bring those back with me and ship them from Canada (no I wasn't ignoring your shipping quote requests).

Would we have seen tracking in Paypal if our order was shipped?

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 14:53:22 »

I wrote down all the shipping info before leaving on vacation. I suspect all the USA orders will be delivered before I get home. If you want to pm me with your zip code and invoice # I can get it from the receipt otherwise I will not be adding each one individually.

Offline yeahsure

• -lurks-
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 15:11:08 »
Woah. Mine's already here. Does this one know Fly? :))

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 16:00:40 »
Woah. Mine's already here. Does this one know Fly? :))

Build and share :)

Offline yeahsure

• -lurks-
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 16:58:24 »
Will do!

Offline ns90

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 18:51:01 »

I wrote down all the shipping info before leaving on vacation. I suspect all the USA orders will be delivered before I get home. If you want to pm me with your zip code and invoice # I can get it from the receipt otherwise I will not be adding each one individually.

Ahh that makes sense. I just wanted to make sure mine actually shipped. Thanks!

Offline sudsuu

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 20:23:05 »
Just wanted to share that I got mine today! Excellent quality and packaging, can't wait to put it all together :p

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 21:39:43 »
Received mine today as well. Looks even better than r1.

Thanks!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 21:43:35 »
Got mine today as well! I was a little worried about getting blue plates but in person it looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yeahsure

• -lurks-
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:09:21 »
The board has been built and it feels super solid with Kailh's new box white switches. :thumb: In my layout all the keys with a blue front legend are dual role. Tap for the black text legend and hold for the blue text legend.

Though I cannot seem to get a response from the right shift/period key. There was one instance where it spat out periods shortly after spamming it during testing like if it was
lagging behind and catching up but that was it. I flashed it first as a dual role key then just as a regular period key thinking that maybe I'm doing something wrong in the fn keys section in the map generator. No good. Then I swapped the switch out with another one thinking that it was a faulty one. Still not working. Other than that one spot on the board every other key works fine.

Another issue is that the SMDs lit up when I plugged the board in before building but after installing everything, I can't get them to work anymore.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 10:43:21 »
The board has been built and it feels super solid with Kailh's new box white switches. :thumb: In my layout all the keys with a blue front legend are dual role. Tap for the black text legend and hold for the blue text legend.

Though I cannot seem to get a response from the right shift/period key. There was one instance where it spat out periods shortly after spamming it during testing like if it was
lagging behind and catching up but that was it. I flashed it first as a dual role key then just as a regular period key thinking that maybe I'm doing something wrong in the fn keys section in the map generator. No good. Then I swapped the switch out with another one thinking that it was a faulty one. Still not working. Other than that one spot on the board every other key works fine.

Another issue is that the SMDs lit up when I plugged the board in before building but after installing everything, I can't get them to work anymore.
Can you upload your firmware? Maybe someone else can test it to see if it's a firmware or board issue. Like I mentioned I have no spare pcbs at the moment since I got shorted a few...

Offline yeahsure

• -lurks-
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 12:06:01 »

Can you upload your firmware? Maybe someone else can test it to see if it's a firmware or board issue. Like I mentioned I have no spare pcbs at the moment since I got shorted a few...
Alright here's my eep file.

Offline yeahsure

• -lurks-
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 20:53:00 »
Think I've found the problem. I may have damaged the pad when soldering the first time. The key was responding when I took some tweezers and bridged the left pin to the diode so I guess I'll just need to get some wire and make a jumper. The SMDs though I'm not sure what to do about those but I can live without 'em.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:01:27 »
Just got my rd 1 & 2 golbats. I'm happy as hell! Haven't opened the box yet.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 20:27:32 »

I received my PCB today and upon plugging it in noticed that one of the RGB LEDs does not turn on. I'm not sure if I need to do anything/change the RGB mode but this is what the PCB looked like when I plugged it in for the first time w/o flashing any firmware.

Sidenote, is there anything I need to do differently with this PCB vs the R1 PCB? I don't know anything about the changes or if there are any additional needs due to the new RGB LEDs.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 03:07:45 »
Update one PCB situation, after sitting down with it at home with a cable and a spare switch to test I have had a few other issues with the board. First of all it seems that I am unable to flash the original custom firmware I made for my R1 board to the new PCB. Not sure if this is normal or again there is a greater issue with the PCB. Also after testing a few of the switch positions it seems that the alphas and some kind of 'default' firmware is on the board, but some of the inputs, namely the spacebar positions do not register the spacebar and instead cause the LEDs to strobe like crazy as if the board is being overloaded. Also the one LED has never turned on at all and the one to the left of it is always a different color from the rest.

Offline yeahsure

• -lurks-
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 05:31:47 »
Alright! Found the real cause of my switch issue. One side of the diode wasn't soldered. The whole board types perfectly now. :thumb:

Update one PCB situation, after sitting down with it at home with a cable and a spare switch to test I have had a few other issues with the board. First of all it seems that I am unable to flash the original custom firmware I made for my R1 board to the new PCB. Not sure if this is normal or again there is a greater issue with the PCB. Also after testing a few of the switch positions it seems that the alphas and some kind of 'default' firmware is on the board, but some of the inputs, namely the spacebar positions do not register the spacebar and instead cause the LEDs to strobe like crazy as if the board is being overloaded. Also the one LED has never turned on at all and the one to the left of it is always a different color from the rest.

Make a file with the V2 preset on the keymap generator site. For curiosity I flashed mine with a V1 file and inputs were mismatched so that might be your problem.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 19:56:54 »
I'm pretty sure V1 and V2 firmwares are different. I know a user posted that the website was generating firmwares that were not working with their v1 golbat (this was after the golbat v2 was announced already). I will go fetch the instructions for flashing. Each kit should also have come with 2 spare LEDs.

I randomly checked 3 boards that I brought back (about half?) and all 3 had full functioning LEDs. As far as reprogramming them goes I haven't gotten around to that yet. I will be building my board eventually but I'm pretty much working 7 days a week for 3 weeks and don't have switches on hand.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86635.0

Here's a thread that was made for R1 firmware flashing. As far as I'm aware the process remains the same. I will double check with GFW about changes in how to flash in case that's potentially causing some of the problems cropping up. If something really isn't working with your board or it comes damaged let me know.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:02:34 by GL1TCH3D »

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:26:08 »
I pm'd you about my PCB. Question for the thread, what did the RGB LEDs look like when you first plugged in the PCB? The photo I posted earlier is exactly what I saw upon plugging it in for the first time which seems odd.

Offline odd

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 20:57:14 »
I'm pretty sure V1 and V2 firmwares are different. I know a user posted that the website was generating firmwares that were not working with their v1 golbat (this was after the golbat v2 was announced already). I will go fetch the instructions for flashing. Each kit should also have come with 2 spare LEDs.

I randomly checked 3 boards that I brought back (about half?) and all 3 had full functioning LEDs. As far as reprogramming them goes I haven't gotten around to that yet. I will be building my board eventually but I'm pretty much working 7 days a week for 3 weeks and don't have switches on hand.

Here's a thread that was made for R1 firmware flashing. As far as I'm aware the process remains the same. I will double check with GFW about changes in how to flash in case that's potentially causing some of the problems cropping up. If something really isn't working with your board or it comes damaged let me know.

Only half of the RGB LED's worked on mine, I had to resolder them and then they worked. I did not have any extra RGB LED's either. Othen than that everything works perfect.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 23:29:45 »
Is there an updated guide to flashing this thing? The link above seems to have outdated information. Hoping to build a hex and flash with flip.

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 14:26:27 »

Only half of the RGB LED's worked on mine, I had to resolder them and then they worked. I did not have any extra RGB LED's either. Othen than that everything works perfect.

Five of mine work reliably, the other three (back three starting at the side with the controllers) get power, but their data lines are suspect - if i give the board a little flex they instantly snap to the right color, however, if the lights are cycling etc, they'll just stay at that color until the PCB is flexed again then they suddenly snap to the right colors.  Without a schematic of the pcb I really don't know where to start.  Ugh.  On the upside the ones that are misbehaving are on the usb side of the keyboard so generally aren't seen.

EDIT:  Upon closer inspection, the last 'working' RGB LED didn't have its output pin soldered to the board, causing the three downstream LEDs to show the above behavior.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 July 2017, 14:45:46 by Phinnegan »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 16:38:18 »
So far, all LEDs are good...tried programming with the guide, and afterwards, appears my 2nd row is dead...going to take another stab at it after dinner. All switches and soldering is good, so I know that isn't the problem and all other rows appear to be fine.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 03:37:37 »
So far, all LEDs are good...tried programming with the guide, and afterwards, appears my 2nd row is dead...going to take another stab at it after dinner. All switches and soldering is good, so I know that isn't the problem and all other rows appear to be fine.

So, after about 4 hours, everything seems to be dead on the 2nd row...rows 1,2, and 4 all register normally and function 2 works completely fine (bottom row), but I'm completely unable to get fn1 (Caps Lock) to register, also tried flashing original layout in the guide to no avail.
For reference, here was the default layer I was trying to flash:

["Esc","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","Backspace"],
[{w:1.25},"Fn1","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",{w:1.75},"Return"],
[{w:1.75},"lshift","Z","X","C","V","B","N","M","<\n,",{w:1.25},">\n.","?\n/"],
[{w:1.25},"lCtrl","menu",{w:1.25},"alt",{w:2.25},"fn2",{w:2.75},"Space",{w:1.25},"fn3","lgui",{w:1.25},"rctrl"]

Currently, the keys that aren't working are circled:
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2017, 03:53:46 by exitfire401 »

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 20:30:04 »
Did the Canadian orders get shipped out?

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 22:22:31 »
No sorry, I've been working overtime since landing and haven't had a chance to get those out.

Offline Phinnegan

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 12:25:31 »
After re-flashing the layout/firmware through TMK - my layout/layers are working great - but I can't get the RGB lighting to do anything after the first time I flashed it. 

It is something to do with the actual firmware on TMK not supporting the RGB?  It lists custom-functions for the RGB for fn keys, which I setup all six functions, yet pressing those keys result in no visible changes to the LEDs (always off), but I think those showing up is independent of the actual firmware support.

Where can we find the .hex that the keyboard shipped with?

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 11:24:15 »
I'll ask GFW for the stock hex. I only have the stock hex for the R1 board and I have a sneaking suspicion it's completely different.

For all of those that received their golbats

https://goo.gl/forms/uPI7tOVa6VgBBc7n2

Here's a form for the experience + if you are having problems with the board

So far I've seen some people mentioning that their board only worked after fixing some soldering issues. I will definitely bring that up with GFW. I do not have spare PCBs from this order.

I will ask GFW if there is an update to the process for flashing since that seems to be another big question.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 12:01:03 »
I was able to fix the RGB LEDs fairly easily, it looks like just a couple of cold joints that weren't making sufficient contact. I haven't gotten around to creating a new keymap yet, but I plan on playing around with it this weekend.

Now I just need to figure out what kind of switches I actually want to put in this thing.

Offline yeahsure

• -lurks-
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 06:03:59 »
RGB lights are working! On the firmware generator, make sure that LED3 is set to RGB LED and the number of leds option is set to 8. After flashing is finished only the lower right corner will be on but pressing any other key mapped to the RGB functions will flip everything back on.

Offline Phinnegan

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 10:50:30 »
RGB lights are working! On the firmware generator, make sure that LED3 is set to RGB LED and the number of leds option is set to 8. After flashing is finished only the lower right corner will be on but pressing any other key mapped to the RGB functions will flip everything back on.

Brilliant, I thought I tried all the LED options but sure enough.  Mine is finally up and running 100%, thanks!

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 12:16:31 »
That's something else at least!

If you haven't paid your shipping invoice and haven't received a quote then PM ME again. Mountain of messages (especially if you sent it on Reddit).

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 17:22:57 »
What about those of us that paid the full invoice for shipping?

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 17:24:41 »
Yeah I've paid my invoice still waiting for shipping confirmation.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 21:22:56 »
What about those of us that paid the full invoice for shipping?
I completely forgot about you. Can you PM me again with the invoice number / email for refund?

Offline morph2k4

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 22:38:03 »
I have not received any shipping notice yet.  Did something happen to my order?  Please pm me.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 23:13:14 »
I shipped out all the orders that were paid for as of yesterday!

I have 2 left with shipping unpaid but I think they actually messaged me at some point for a quote so I have to go find those.