Author Topic: [GB]GMK Dolch(Fill in the form for address changes)  (Read 204727 times)

Offline smokemm

Re: [GB]GMK Dolch, Dolch AddOn & x-CMYW
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 14:32:54 »
Have invoices been sent out yet?

If they have I have not received mine yet.

Offline airs

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 22:28:25 »
Looks like the orders document is wrong for mine - says 0 for x-CMYW and MG1 spacebars. I do want both of those though.

Can you fix please Kekkon?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline kekkon

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 08:56:27 »
We are near to MOQ for base, sitting at 127 now. 1800 AddOn Kits is 97, which have some way to go.  :thumb:

On the invoice, as much as I hope to sent invoice out, my new Paypal is not ready yet and need some time to work it out. Please bear with me.  :-X

I will PM @ideus later to get the ISO keys update, then only I will publish all changes to the keys, sorry for the delay.

p.s. Please think about some alternative key caps offer for us who are getting both the base and the addon kit, so that we can have the extra 2 Fn keys replaced by some other keys. ;)

Done adding, I am considering to add some keys on 1800 AddON kits to make them more attractive, and hopefully will help them reach the MOQ.

Have invoices been sent out yet?

If they have I have not received mine yet.

Not yet.

Looks like the orders document is wrong for mine - says 0 for x-CMYW and MG1 spacebars. I do want both of those though.

Can you fix please Kekkon?

Fixed.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 15:50:24 »
Proposed ISO basic compatibility pack:

Layout 1: It takes standard ANSI keys and only swaps the Enter for an ISO one and the backspace-pipe is relocated accordingly. It is compatible with full size keyboards that has the Esc key at the fuction row.

Layout 2: With 1.25u left shift.

Layout 3: XT Layout. The Esc key replaces the standard ANSI position for the tilde. Appropiate for sixty percent keyboards.

An example of an UK international pack:

« Last Edit: Sun, 19 February 2017, 15:52:39 by ideus »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 07:33:59 »
p.s. Please think about some alternative key caps offer for us who are getting both the base and the addon kit, so that we can have the extra 2 Fn keys replaced by some other keys. ;)

Done adding, I am considering to add some keys on 1800 AddON kits to make them more attractive, and hopefully will help them reach the MOQ.

Thanks Kekkon!

I suggest including a 1u Backspace key at R1. This way, it is possible to have the Japanese ISO layout, like those in the HHKB JP and the Japanese RealForce keyboards.

More

Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline kekkon

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:08:11 »
Thanks to both ideus and menuhin for the suggestion.  :thumb:

I have made a mockup for the changes, please help me check if there are any mistakes.

As for the Paypal, it will be ready within this week.

Changes :-
1. Dolch Icon Base: Added 2 keys to the ISO
2. Dolch 1800 AddOn: Added R1 1u Backspace, R4 2.75u blank
3. Dolch Color kits : Fixed both ANSI Enter and ISO Enter profile error.

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:16:38 by kekkon »

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 09:30:19 »

Is that supposed to be an R4 2u blank? If so, since it is the 2u shift on a Minila, any chance we could actually have a shift key instead of a blank like in Ivan's Odd Mods set?

Offline kekkon

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 10:02:45 »

Is that supposed to be an R4 2u blank? If so, since it is the 2u shift on a Minila, any chance we could actually have a shift key instead of a blank like in Ivan's Odd Mods set?

Thanks for correcting... I think my memory serve me wrong.  :-X

I need to ask if 2u and 3u is available @GMK.  :))

Offline menuhin

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 10:51:59 »

The suggestion was to have this R4 2u blank serves both in the Minila layout (as shift) and the Planck layout (and the spacebar).
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline soilheart

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:40:49 »
Thanks to both ideus and menuhin for the suggestion.  :thumb:

I have made a mockup for the changes, please help me check if there are any mistakes.

As for the Paypal, it will be ready within this week.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'm an ISO user but I feel like the extra keys is just a waste of money as they are very specific and is catering to a few specific US-ANSI-based-layouts that are very rare.

But then again I don't really care about the legends personally, as they're going to be wrong for me anyway. I feel like the basic ISO UK keys (|\ and ~#) makes most sense though, as the ISO UK probably is the most common ISO layout which have the most of the alphas in common with the normal US-layout. Just my $0.02.

Other than that I approve of the additions.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 13:17:28 »
@soilheart:

The purpose of the suggested keys are to allow and ANSI set to get an ISO Enter with no redundant legends. That may be called ISO-Compatibility. It is very important to differentiate between ISO-Compatibility and International-Adapters. The first is basically an ISO Enter and left shift, plus a couple of keys to fill the two additional spots available when using them. The second option comes at the cost of many more keys. As you rightfully stated, the UK layout is the closest to ANSI requiring six more keys over the ANSI standard, plus the enter and the short shift. The proposed keys do not replace any of the European locale Languages legends, because that is not the scope of those two additional keys. I am not sure about the demand for International kits, though. A previous Dolch offering included the UK legends side printed, that I personally do not like, but they are also a possibility.

I write in English and Spanish and many years ago, I realized that I will not get an Spanish Cherry set ever, unless I find an old keyboard in a recycling center. But, I will never ask an OP to produce Spanish dedicated keys, because I know that those keys will have no use but probably for a couple of fellows that need them. Therefore, I had decided that US International is my best choice, with it, I can take advantage of the new upcoming MX sets or even OG Cherry ANSI sets. But that is just me. It would be great to have enough demand for the many European locale legends though, but that is just not the case.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 13:41:39 »
@ideus

As I said, the legends doesn't matter that much to me. My point is that I feel like a R3 ~# key will be seen as more useful by more users than a R3 ~`, and that blank R4 have even less use and just add cost to a kit I otherwise find perfect as a base kit.

I will not comment more on the ISO keys because I feel like the ISO key "issues" have been overblown here lately and I don't feel like the issue warrants more discussion. In the end I'll probably buy a kit, or probably two (as long as there is an ISO enter and a short left shift). I just wanted to mention that I felt that the community using ISO layouts could be better served with another (smaller) selection of keys, which should result in a lower price for everyone.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios

Offline Leska

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:09:09 »
This might be a stupid question, but im kinda new to the whole keyboard thing. I got a whitefox with ISO layout, and im really interrested in this set for my whitefox. But will this set fit my whitefox ? If i buy Dolch Icon and Dolch AddOn or do i need the cc spacebar pack aswell ?

Offline longtran1568

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:22:42 »
This might be a stupid question, but im kinda new to the whole keyboard thing. I got a whitefox with ISO layout, and im really interrested in this set for my whitefox. But will this set fit my whitefox ? If i buy Dolch Icon and Dolch AddOn or do i need the cc spacebar pack aswell ?

You will need Dolch Icon, Spacebar and Dolch addon.

If you only take Dolch Icon you could also fill the entire keyboard, but your Del, Page up and Page Down key would not have the correct profile (meaning that if you look from the side their profile will not match with other keys in the same row)

Offline soilheart

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:30:21 »

You will need Dolch Icon, Spacebar and Dolch addon.

If you only take Dolch Icon you could also fill the entire keyboard, but your Del, Page up and Page Down key would not have the correct profile (meaning that if you look from the side their profile will not match with other keys in the same row)

I was just about the reply the same thing, but I forgot at first that the ISO Whitefox have 1u modifiers on the right side, so the DolchAddon is basically essential (although I guess you could use a fn and the two winkeys if you want).

Offline Phenix

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 14:52:21 »
Doesnt the color kit miss a few keys? Like end/home/... ?
Winter is coming.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 15:48:24 »
@Kekkon

Please see below for some suggestions.

Base kit (presuming it is for Full size and TKL users):
- Remove
1.75u R4 Shift (this key is required by 3 major layouts in the Add-on kit)
1u R4 Fn (For HHKB)
1u R4 blank (see comments by ISO users, or replaced by one of the suggested NO/DE/SE/ES keys)
- Add
1.25u R4 Alt Gr
1u R1 Backspace (it is part of the ISO support)
NumLock LED cap
CapLock LED cap
CapLock stepped LED cap
ScrollLock LED cap

1800/HHKB/68,75%/Minila/Planck (full support) Add-on kit:
- Remove
1.25u R4 Fn (already in the base kit)
1u R1 Backspace (already in the Base kit for ISO)
- Add
2x 1.5u R4 "diamond" modifiers (for HHKB)
1u R2 Tab (for Planck)
1u R3 Esc (for Planck)
1u R4 Shift (for Planck)
1u R4 Return (for Planck)
2u R4 blank (for Planck, can be in grey or dark grey)
1u R2 Backspace (for Planck; although there is a R1 backspace in base kit ISO support, Planck top row starts from R2)
[For Planck's "Raise" and "Lower", users may use the two 1u R4 "diamond" modifiers]
2u R4 Shift (for Minila)
[3u R4 blank/spacebar (for Minila, does GMK have a 3u space bar??)]
(Or you may also consider adding the suggested LED caps of the Base kit here to the Add-on kit instead.)

Color kit:
- Remove
1u R1 Insert
- Add
1u R1 NumLock
1u R4 Raise (for Planck)
1u R4 Lower (for Planck)
2u R4 blank (for Planck)
[2x 1u R4 Windows key or your "diamond" key]
[2u R1 Backspace]
[1.5u R2 Backspace]
[1u R1 Backspace]
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 February 2017, 12:31:59 by menuhin »
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:13:58 »

- Remove

So... how about people who already had Dolch base set and didn't take base set from this GB? if they've joined to Add-on kit because of them and those keys get removed?

it's impossible to remove anything at this point...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:18:53 »
What do you think about this key as a replacement for the blank one?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:30:26 »
Do any of these come with an extra left shift key for fc660m compatibility?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 16:38:44 »
Do any of these come with an extra left shift key for fc660m compatibility?

The base set layout shows two 2.25u shift keys that cover your FC660M layout.

Offline gojira54

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 00:33:27 »

- Remove

So... how about people who already had Dolch base set and didn't take base set from this GB? if they've joined to Add-on kit because of them and those keys get removed?

this

Offline kekstee

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 06:02:29 »

- Remove

this

Yes, this is important. Big changes would reset the whole thing.
Also I don't think UK legends should be preferred on the extra 'ISO' keys. Just as ideus said, get US International users happy with many keyboard layouts, it's the most reasonable way forward.

I really hope this Addon kit makes it. Those keys are sorely missing in the Dolch world.

Offline Phenix

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 06:29:27 »
Is there any chance at all to ONLY get the modifer keys? (I am ISO-DE so 60% will be laying around (+I am only after the mods, dont like the alpha color at all)
Winter is coming.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 07:39:22 »
Is there any chance at all to ONLY get the modifer keys? (I am ISO-DE so 60% will be laying around (+I am only after the mods, dont like the alpha color at all)

I may be interested in your alphas. PMed.

Offline shensmobile

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 12:16:08 »
Hi Kekkon,

For my order I originally requested the base kit and the color kit, as well as spacebars.  Is it possible to remove my order for the color kit, and just go with the base kit and spacebars?  I PM'd you, but I don't think my order has been changed yet in the spreadsheet.  Let me know if that's doable!

Offline menuhin

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 12:37:43 »

- Remove

this

Yes, this is important. Big changes would reset the whole thing.
Also I don't think UK legends should be preferred on the extra 'ISO' keys. Just as ideus said, get US International users happy with many keyboard layouts, it's the most reasonable way forward.

I really hope this Addon kit makes it. Those keys are sorely missing in the Dolch world.

Fair enough.
It is a bit late to make changes to how keys should be relocated into which kits, it should be in the IC process.
However, it is still the time to add some keys, if still possible, to make the Dolch set and its kits more holistic. And mine are just suggestions as Kekkon is looking for ways to add some keys to these kits to make them look more appealing, to up current order number to meet the MOQ.

I hope most if not all of the kits can pass MOQ.
The Dolch caps has never got good layout supports for the community.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline hyonglaw

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 04:44:04 »
Hello I'd joined this GB right after it started, but I want to change my options now. Can I just cancel the previous order and make my orders again?

Offline Jumie

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 07:36:48 »
Hello I'd joined this GB right after it started, but I want to change my options now. Can I just cancel the previous order and make my orders again?

try to PM kekkon..

Offline IAmPyhrra

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 16:36:19 »
Just submitted mine for the CMYW! Cant wait to get them.

Offline kekkon

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 22:53:51 »

Submit a new order, and I will cancel the old one.

I am still working on the new keys, no keys will be removed as it is already too late.

Planck keys are also too much which will cost a bomb to the add on kits, and will become a burden for most of us.

Probably we can make a small kits just for planck at some point.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 February 2017, 22:55:35 by kekkon »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 03:11:41 »

- Remove

Do you just need the Fn key?
PM-ing
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline kekkon

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 07:14:58 »
I have some emergency issues to deal with and will not be able to update this GB until Sunday.

The main post had been updated with latest order no, and the new Paypal is also ready for use, I expect to start invoicing on next Monday.

Hopefully by Sunday I will have time to update the keys.

Offline kekkon

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:18:13 »
Quick update on 2u & 3u spacebar, there will be 2u spacebar in the future(about 2months~3months), but not 3u.

So I think the best is we will get a dedicated GB for planck user near future to provide the keys. :thumb:

Offline kekkon

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 08:41:43 »
Update on kits, please leave down your feed backs.

Changes on 3rd revision compared with 1st revision:-
  • Dolch Icon
    • Added 2 Iso Keys
    • Added 1.25u Alt Gr
  • Dolch Add-On Kits
    • Added 1u Backspace
    • Added 2u Shift
    • Added 1.75u Control
    • Added 2u Blank
  • Dolch Color Kits
    • Added Backspace(s) 1u, 1.5u, 2u
    • Added NumLock

Expected Price Increased:
1. Dolch Icon -> $2.40
2. Dolch Add-On  -> $3.50
3. Dolch Color Kits -> $4.00

** Please note that these are just my assumption, I will get the exact amount after I get the latest quote from GMK.

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 March 2017, 09:36:36 by kekkon »

Offline kekkon

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 08:45:03 »
On Forum kits, it will be around $11. Initially I have been wanted to fit them into the Icon and Color kits respectively, but not everyone buy them so I think it is best for us to keep them separate.

I will make a separate form for it.  :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 09:03:50 »
The expanded coverage compensates for the price increments. Even though, the prices are still very competitive, mostly considering that this set will be a very special one, with a relatively low units count produced, that will make it even more valuable in the future if someone is in need to resell it.

With the current surge on split space bar board kits you would like to consider offering some split space bars options in the space bar sets. It may attract some additional orders and it will make this the very first Dolch set with split space bars coverage.

I suggest you to change the thread name to [GB] GMK Icon Classic Dolch, x-CMYK & Split Space Bar Add-ons. Or to  [GB] GMK Icon Classic Dolch & x-CMYK Add-on, that last, if the split space bars are not included. The Classic term to differentiate it from the other low contrast sets on offer now.

Edit: An small detail, I suggest you to consider the down arrow instead of the hand bag for the caps lock, it goes far better in a full icon mod set than the hand bag. All the European OG Cherry sets featuring Icon only mods carries it instead of the hand bag.

Please compare this two, it seems to me that the first is more elegant, simple and graphically sound than the second.

Down arrow.

Hand bag.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 09:16:55 by ideus »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:24:53 »
Kudos to Kekkon for the additions, it keeps on improving.
This GB is going to increase a lot the possibility of the Dolch set.  :thumb:

I also second the suggestion of ideus about split space bar addition to boost sales, but I am not sure if it is possible to have the split space bars in real space bar profile or are just blanks in R4 profile.
For your information, two current IC/GBs (GMK HADapter kit Round 2 & GMK Yuri) have included a split space bar kit, and this is how they look like:

For the Forum kit.
If I remember correctly, in the original request of the addition of Forum keys, we were not asking to add a forum kit but to have the forum keys replace the GMK and Q keys that exist in the current templates of both the base kit and the color kit.
I am sure 99.99% of the users will not use the GMK and Q keys - even if GMK gives us free of charge, and it's not like we don't like GMK as a company. It is okay to let us know if these two keys are in fact sponsored by GMK.
Please see if the two forum keys can replace the two GMK and Q keys in the base kit and the color kit.
We will all thank you for this.  ;)

1.5u R4 Diamond keys for HHKB.
The diamond icons are the meta-key icons of HHKB and Sun MicroSystem keyboards, and addition of this design is feasible possibly in a lower cost because GMK has recently acquired this design also, i.e. it exists already as an R4 key:

More

There are quite some HHKB (or the layout) followings, and this addition will make the Add-on kit more complete and special for the HHKB users out there.

P.s. Ah.... can there be LED caps? How much will the inclusion of say 2 to 3 LED caps increase the cost of a kit?
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 12:33:36 by menuhin »
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline soilheart

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 12:02:29 »
Edit: An small detail, I suggest you to consider the down arrow instead of the hand bag for the caps lock, it goes far better in a full icon mod set than the hand bag. All the European OG Cherry sets featuring Icon only mods carries it instead of the hand bag.

I actually prefer the handbag over the down arrow... can't really say why though, I think I like the distinction from the shift key I guess...

(Although I totally can see what you mean with the simplicity of the down-arrow).

I am sure 99.99% of the users will not use the GMK and Q keys - even if GMK gives us free of charge, and it's not like we don't like GMK as a company. It is okay to let us know if these two keys are in fact sponsored by GMK.
The GMK and "Q" keys are free so they didn't add up in the cost.  :D

I doubt GMK would replace those keys for free, as they basically included as "advertising". (And to be honest, I can actually see me using them, at least the Q key, I think it looks rather cool, but I understand that I'm probably in the minority.)

Offline longtran1568

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 12:06:14 »
Somebody suggested using down arrow as Caps lock.

I disagree, it's ugly. I prefer symbol like the lock or as it is now.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 12:22:25 »
While I cannot understand why someone does think that the down arrow is ugly as a caps lock icon, I fully respect the opinion. I support the right that the people, who have ordered the set as published, have to define if they want to keep it as advertised, originally.  (I can use both, but I prefer the down arrow, it is a simple matter of taste).

Edit: I will start using my hand bag's keys on all my boards to get accustomed to that "ugly" icon. Just in case.  :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 12:39:37 by ideus »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:07:14 »
While I cannot understand why someone does think that the down arrow is ugly as a caps lock icon, I fully respect the opinion. I support the right that the people, who have ordered the set as published, have to define if they want to keep it as advertised, originally.  (I can use both, but I prefer the down arrow, it is a simple matter of taste).

Edit: I will start using my hand bag's keys on all my boards to get accustomed to that "ugly" icon. Just in case.  :p

I understand where ideus' taste is coming from - the original Dolch PAC in ISO version:

ideus has a classic taste.  :cool:
And I believe Kekkon's current design is also based on this icon-based ISO version of Dolch PAC.

While the handbag like Caps Lock icon looks cute to me and I am fine with it, it does not exist on the original ANSI version of Dolch either:
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:09:04 by menuhin »
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline Prelim

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:16:01 »

sorry @ideus, but that's completely false!

The only layout using "down arrow" is the German one, all the remaining EU ISO layouts use the hangbag (which I personally prefer as well) or the full text capslock.
I've already clarified this doubt in the last @Wodan GB: https://deskthority.net/help-f53/hadapter-kit-t13731-30.html#p307058
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:19:22 by Prelim »
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline menuhin

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:40:01 »

The only layout using "down arrow" is the German one, all the remaining EU ISO layouts use the hangbag (which I personally prefer as well) or the full text capslock.
I've already clarified this doubt in the last @Wodan GB: https://deskthority.net/help-f53/hadapter-kit-t13731-30.html#p307058

Okay, I looked up another photo of Dolch PAC, and it is a non-German ISO version - a handbag style Caps Lock icon:

So I believe the caps of ANSI version of Dolch PAC are more text-based, and those of the ISO versions are more icon-based.

Don't know and don't think ideus is German, but his taste seems to be.
After all both GMK and Cherry are from Germany. ;)
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline Prelim

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:42:26 »
yes, that photo is mine lol (and it's the one and only ISO italian Dolch PAC spotted so far!)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline longtran1568

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 14:04:47 »
Well I have been a fan of GMK and all of my sets use the shopping bag as Caps lock, so I am a little biased  :p

Furthermore, the down arrow for Caps lock is present on so many cheap Chinese keycaps that whenever I see it i tend to think it's cheap and ugly  :):))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 14:30:18 »

Yeah, I agree, my bad. I made some research AFTER the comment, I came to the same conclusion: The arrow is a German thing, mainly.

I support the group decision for a hand bag. I really do not find it ugly, or anything close. Being an icon it goes well with the theme.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 February 2017, 14:32:23 by ideus »

Offline Phenix

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 14:39:54 »
I support the arrow as well..
IMHO it just looka nicer, cleaner.
And it plays well with the shift-arrow
Winter is coming.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.