Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 764260 times)

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 03:46:32 »
Can we buy more than one?

Can the under-light shine through if we get the metal bottom?

No it cannot, and yes you can buy more than one

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 03:52:12 »
Lots of awesome group buys this month.

M65-A
M67-A aka. Exent
GMK >Terminal_

I couldn't resist entering them all.

I am also curious of the grey colour. In the pohotoshopped render it almost looks like an "off-black" which i quite like.

Is there any possibility to get a photo of some anodizing samples, so we can make sure our colour decisions are well-founded? Or will we need to trust our instincts on that one and get a surprise?  ;D

Anyways this year is a great year for the mk community of which I am really happy to be a part of.
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline gaunt

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 04:45:34 »
With  MOD switches being added as an option now, is there any chance Rose Gold will be a choice in the future? It was the colour I was most excited about, and it seemed some people on reddit were also planning to go for that.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 04:52:51 »
Who is this?  :eek:

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 05:00:46 »

Show Image

So handsome~
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline joey

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 05:12:30 »

Show Image

.. who is it?

I think it might be juan, but not sure
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 05:14:09 by joey »

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 06:09:40 »
How can we order extra parts?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 06:11:38 »
Have you tried the google form? Hmm

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Data

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 06:12:31 »

Dude, have you looked at the order form?  All your questions are answered within.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 06:13:07 »

Oh sorry, I'm stupid, looks like it's all there :D 

I was just afraid to press "next" because I might want to change the color later on

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 06:50:57 »

Oh sorry, I'm stupid, looks like it's all there :D 

I was just afraid to press "next" because I might want to change the color later on
No worries mate, you can always edit your submission.
Juahenza has enabled that in the google form.
Peace.

My collection

More

Offline Moderate

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 07:01:14 »
I also want to buy both the poly bottom and the metal bottom, is that possible?

Yep, if you check through the form you can add an additional poly or metal bottom to your original order.

Can we buy more than one?

Can the under-light shine through if we get the metal bottom?

I suppose you could just fill out the form multiple times? Might have to wait for an official answer on whether they'll ignore multiples or not.

Also quite certain the underglow won't be visible with the metal bottom installed. At best it'll slightly shine in the gaps between the body and bottom.

**Edit: oops, I totally didn't load all the posts since then hahah. Sorry.

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 07:33:51 »
So I picked up the prototype from the factory a week ago. It was an exciting moment for me to finally place my hand on the fruits of labors from many people.

After assembling the EXENT, I compared it with other custom keyboards I have. The machining for the EXENT is programmed in a way that all curves and sides from the design are translated perfectly into the end product. The anodizing is also done with such perfection that I think its on par as the Dolphin and even better than my 360C.

Typing on the EXENT feels way premium than it costs. The aesthetics of the keyboard was designed to look classy and outstanding from the current line of keyboards available in the market.

There was a major concerns from the team regarding the stability of the keyboard. We were worried that the sides will tilt too easily. It turns out the combination of aluminium top, polycarbonate bottom and stainless steel feet give enough weight to the keyboard that it is stable as a rock.

Another concern was the thick bezels on the EXENT. Its a homage to the vintage apple keyboards styling but we were worried that its won't get enough appreciation from the community. The bezels doesn't affect the usability at all but gives a rather comforting resting space for your palms. I thought I was the weird one out to be typing this way, but turns out yuktsi enjoyed the extra palm resting spot on the keyboard too. I am now sure that the bezels are working out aesthetically and practicality.

Overall I felt that EXENT not only feels like a premium custom keyboard with a an statement. Its clean and unique design will look like an art piece on your desk. But who am I to judge, right?
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 07:46:11 »
So I picked up the prototype from the factory a week ago. It was an exciting moment for me to finally place my hand on the fruits of labors from many people.

After assembling the EXENT, I compared it with other custom keyboards I have. The machining for the EXENT is programmed in a way that all curves and sides from the design are translated perfectly into the end product. The anodizing is also done with such perfection that I think its on par as the Dolphin and even better than my 360C.

Typing on the EXENT feels way premium than it costs. The aesthetics of the keyboard was designed to look classy and outstanding from the current line of keyboards available in the market.

There was a major concerns from the team regarding the stability of the keyboard. We were worried that the sides will tilt too easily. It turns out the combination of aluminium top, polycarbonate bottom and stainless steel feet give enough weight to the keyboard that it is stable as a rock.

Another concern was the thick bezels on the EXENT. Its a homage to the vintage apple keyboards styling but we were worried that its won't get enough appreciation from the community. The bezels doesn't affect the usability at all but gives a rather comforting resting space for your palms. I thought I was the weird one out to be typing this way, but turns out yuktsi enjoyed the extra palm resting spot on the keyboard too. I am now sure that the bezels are working out aesthetically and practicality.

Overall I felt that EXENT not only feels like a premium custom keyboard with a an statement. Its clean and unique design will look like an art piece on your desk. But who am I to judge, right?
You are the boss! Seriously, the assembly could have been better if you didn't use those mx grey.

My collection

More

Offline kennyk64

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 08:32:21 »
Can I still edit my previous submitted form?
Poker II  Shine II  Realforce 87u

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 09:02:13 »

I dunno, can you?

Peace.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 09:57:49 »

I dunno, can you?

Peace.
I can?

My collection

More

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:13:19 »
I submitted two separate forms on the same browser (since I am getting two boards) is there going to be a spreadsheet or something where we can confirm our order contents, particularly anyone who has submitted more than one form?

Offline luumii

• A day in life without Keyboard SA
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:28:26 »
This seriously looks amazing. Quite unique of a design

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:36:04 »
I can?

He can. Point was he would've known if he'd have scrolled up a couple posts haha

Offline Saiph

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:36:27 »
Still trying to decide on a color  :-\

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:42:19 »

That's when you get two  :))

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:49:53 »

I dunno, can you?

Peace.
I can?

Is there a process to re-access the form we've submitted?

I would like to make some changes, but I receive a new form when I click the link and I don't have a history of my submitted form under Google Forms.

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:50:11 »
I can?

He can. Point was he would've known if he'd have scrolled up a couple posts haha

FTR, I can't. I filled out the form yesterday, wanted to edit, and only get a new (blank) form.

Edit: Doh. Ninja'ed by a few seconds.

Offline robbles

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:51:58 »

Same. I'm surprised there aren't any Rama sytle renders of the different colors. It would make it a lot easier to pick and make the post look more legit.

Can someone convince me on the GMK set? I've never used or owned one but I have an Enjoy PBT black blank set that I'd put on instead.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:56:04 »

Can someone convince me on the GMK set? I've never used or owned one but I have an Enjoy PBT black blank set that I'd put on instead.
[/quote]

I quite like GMK even it is ABS material its quite solid and well engineered.  Just so you know, if you buy the GMK set and decide you don't want it later I'm pretty sure it could easily be sold to someone who would give it a loving home (i.e., reddit.com/r/mechmarket)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:06:39 »
FTR, I can't. I filled out the form yesterday, wanted to edit, and only get a new (blank) form.

Edit: Doh. Ninja'ed by a few seconds.

Uh oh. Must be something finnicky with it then, I can edit it at least, might have to do when the original form was received.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:25:35 »
I quite like GMK even it is ABS material its quite solid and well engineered.  Just so you know, if you buy the GMK set and decide you don't want it later I'm pretty sure it could easily be sold to someone who would give it a loving home (i.e., reddit.com/r/mechmarket)

Definitely this! It's a great price for the set and if you don't want it, I guarantee someone else will.

Welp, submitted the order
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:34:59 »
Black or Silver?!  BLACK OR SILVER!??!   :confused:

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:48:11 »
Keycaps black? Or more greyish like they appear in the renders?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:49:45 »
Keycaps black? Or more greyish like they appear in the renders?

Those aren't renders, they're pictures of the black prototype with an enjoypbt set, photoshopped to show different case colors.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:53:35 »
why not both since you can't decide now? Just give one to your friend later.
$360 for two TKL sized boards, that's...

My collection

More

Offline Traveler

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:10:37 »

Grey!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:18:38 »
why not both since you can't decide now? Just give one to your friend later.
$360 for two TKL sized boards, that's...

Do you mean $400? (+ shipping).  Each of these is now $200 at the minimum.
. . .

I agree that some clarifications on color and finish should be made: specifically the photoshopped versions look like the finish will be a very matte kind (sort of like dark gray KMAC2).  Is it going to be semi-gloss?
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:51:43 »

Grey!

Oh man. I know.   :'(  Does anyone know if the aluminum bottom plate will allow shine through?  I definitely want an aluminum bottom plate, but am considering adding on a polycarbonate.  If there's shine-through on the aluminum, I'll just go with that.  Thanks all!

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:59:09 »

Show Image

So handsome~

More like Han Some :)

Grey!

Oh man. I know.   :'(  Does anyone know if the aluminum bottom plate will allow shine through?  I definitely want an aluminum bottom plate, but am considering adding on a polycarbonate.  If there's shine-through on the aluminum, I'll just go with that.  Thanks all!

The aluminum bottom would not allow shine through.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 13:28:48 by sherryton »

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 14:39:46 »

Depends on how bright your light is.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 14:41:58 »

You could drill holes into it  :thumb:

Offline Traveler

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 15:26:11 »
EDIT: juahenza has start an FAQ on the second comment of this thread. All future questions will likely be addressed, answered, and updated there instead of this comment.

Figured I'd update (and rearrange) the question list that rmendis started. Anything in brackets are my notes. I'll try to keep this comment updated when answers are posted and I get spare time.

ANSWERED QUESTIONS:

1. How long will the GB be open for and when is payment due?
I've seen this question a few times. Answer is at the bottom of the original post, under "Project Timeline".

2. MOD switches?
Form has been update. MOD-L and MOD-M are available now for +$40.

3. Factory Assembly?
No, new manufacturer doesn't seem to offer it.

4. ETA for GMK render?
No ETA. Sherryton/the team will keep us informed as details develop.

5. What extra keys will the GMK set come with? I'm mostly curious about R2 Delete key and R3 Control.
Only an ISO enter has been confirmed. [I would expect more keys, but we'll have to wait on the renders from GMK]

6. What kind of stabilizers will be included? When ordering additional stabilizers on page 2, does 1 set include all stabilizers needed for standard layout?
In the order form you can choose PCB Mount or Screw In. [no answer to second half of question]

7. Is underglow LED configurable and RGB?
Yes, through BootMapper Client winkeyless.

8. How do we order two boards?
You can now submit another order form. Might have to pay a second shipping charge though; try asking about that in the Note section on page 3 or contact jau.

9. Will we have a chance to edit our information before the GB closes? If we already used the form, can we change it?
Kind of. People are having mixed results doing so. Seems like if you order more than one or wait a while before trying to edit it, you are unable to.

10. What is the option 'Under-declare parcel value to $80'?
Its an option for them to declare the package as being valued under $80. This can help people dodge some custom taxes and stuff, though has some small risks. Typically not necessary for USA residents.

11. What feet are those on the engineering sample? 8 or 12 degrees?
8 degrees

12. Will the GMK set in the Premium kit support the split spacebar layout?
Yes

13. Will the GMK set ever be sold seperately, like on the Originative store?
No

14. Can we see a difference between the plates or is it just a weight difference? Does one let the LED light shine through more than the other?
You can see the difference but the options are for people who want to try a different typing feel. Brass is denser than steel but not as hard. It has nothing to do with the LED, though the silver anodized aluminum plate is more reflective.

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS (6):

1. What feet are those on the engineering sample? 8 or 12 degrees?

2. Can we see a difference between the plates or is it just a weight difference? Does one let the LED light shine through more than the other?

3. When ordering additional stabilizers on page 2, does 1 set include all stabilizers needed for standard layout? Are these extras standard or screw-in?

4. What brand are the stabilizers?

5. How dark is the grey finish? The photoshop example looks more black that it does dark-silver.
? [speculated that the finish will look more like this http://i.imgur.com/liwOndP.png]

6. Will the GMK set in the Premium kit support the split spacebar layout?

7. Will the GMK set ever be sold seperately, like on the Originative store?
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 January 2017, 09:27:42 by Traveler »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 15:30:22 »
Any chance the GMK keyset will be available on it's own? Maybe on Originativeco.com?   ;)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 17:11:32 »
Sorry if it has been mentioned previously but is there a weight estimate for the board with the alu lower?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 17:28:07 »
Sorry if it has been mentioned previously but is there a weight estimate for the board with the alu lower?

Weight in the original post is listed as 1.6kg (3.5lbs). Not sure what lower that's with, but I'm assuming poly. Aluminum is pretty light, so I doubt the aluminum lower would add too much weight.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 17:46:28 »
So what color do you guys think will look best with SA Oblivion? I'm thinking black or blue, but that dark grey is tempting.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 17:49:03 »
So what color do you guys think will look best with SA Oblivion? I'm thinking black or blue, but that dark grey is tempting.

I'd definitely say either black or blue. My vote would be on black. It's more future-proof if you want to try other keysets too.

Offline kennyk64

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 18:20:55 »
I can?

I know that you can edit after you submit, there is an option for that but I have closed the tab. Not sure if filling in the from again will make it as if I am ordering additional keyboard or just editing my previous order.
Poker II  Shine II  Realforce 87u

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 18:28:42 »

Planning for Oblivion is an odd thought given that it's most likely going to land next year. Plenty of other boards in between.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 18:43:58 »

Planning for Oblivion is an odd thought given that it's most likely going to land next year. Plenty of other boards in between.

Signing up for Round 6 in 2015 has made me a very patient man. Anyway I'm kind of planning for end-game retirement. Probably won't ever happen lol.

But yes I'm thinking black and blue are good options. I really hope blue ends up looking like the render.

I can imagine Dasher/Dancer would look amazing on the grey or silver.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 22:17:08 »
juahenza - how would you prefer those who wanted to edit their forms but are unable to, to proceed? Should we just fill out a new form?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 22:30:47 »
juahenza - how would you prefer those who wanted to edit their forms but are unable to, to proceed? Should we just fill out a new form?
Just fill a new form and put a remark at the note section.

My collection

More

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 22:55:01 »
Just fill a new form and put a remark at the note section.

Thanks yuktsi