Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 764227 times)

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 10:54:02 »
I may have missed this, but does anyone know if the underglow LED is white only, or RGB configurable?
Thanks

Offline robbles

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 10:59:51 »
1. MOD switches?

2. Factory Assembly?

3. What feet are those on the engineering sample? 8 or 12 degrees?

3. Can we see a difference between the plates or is it just a weight difference?

4. ETA for GMK render?

P.S. Can we please get a a video of the engineering sample? I'd really love to hear how it sounds.

Adding my questions to this:
5. What extra keys will the GMK set come with? I'm mostly curious about R2 Delete key and R3 Control.

6. What kind of stabilizers will be included? When ordering additional stabilizers on page 2, does 1 set include all stabilizers needed for standard layout?
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:05:52 »
I may have missed this, but does anyone know if the underglow LED is white only, or RGB configurable?
Thanks

I'm sure it's not just white, I'm however less sure whether it is fully RGB configurable or just a few colours you can scroll by.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:09:39 »
Thanks

I'm sure it's not just white, I'm however less sure whether it is fully RGB configurable or just a few colours you can scroll by.
I think that since its based on ps2avrGB it should be fully RGB.

Also, just checking, this board won't have switchtop removal openings in the plate right? Just basing off of one of the early render imageshttp://i.imgur.com/aU4BL9F.jpg that seems to not have them.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:11:36 by Saiph »

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:15:58 »
Some good questions in here. Consolidating with latest info.
Maybe OP can create a FAQ at top.

1. MOD switches?
?

2. Factory Assembly?
?

?

4. Can we see a difference between the plates or is it just a weight difference?
?

5. ETA for GMK render?
?

6. What extra keys will the GMK set come with? I'm mostly curious about R2 Delete key and R3 Control.
?

7. What kind of stabilizers will be included? When ordering additional stabilizers on page 2, does 1 set include all stabilizers needed for standard layout?
?

8. Is underglow LED configurable?
Probably yes. Not sure if full RGB or fixed colors.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:17:13 »
How dark is the grey finish, anyone know? In the render it looks closer to the black than the silver, and I really like that, hoping the actual product will be equally dark?? before I commit.

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:21:26 »
Gosh, would it be too indulgent to order this after having ordered the M65-A? This is a certainly a statement piece that would look amazing with a clean desk setup. And it makes the M65 bezels looks tame by comparison!

Anybody here buying both?

Offline Saiph

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:23:45 »
Gosh, would it be too indulgent to order this after having ordered the M65-A? This is a certainly a statement piece that would look amazing with a clean desk setup. And it makes the M65 bezels looks tame by comparison!

I think slash emperor is buying 1 M65 and 2 EXENTs

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:24:34 »
How dark is the grey finish, anyone know? In the render it looks closer to the black than the silver, and I really like that, hoping the actual product will be equally dark?? before I commit.

It should be the same ish grey that's on the M10 (that dropped on MD recently), it's more of a spacey grey, almost black, rather than silvery grey.

Offline msilvv

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:45:45 »

I am! Ordered in grey, hoping to put SA oblivion on this and GMK Penumbra on my M65. I'm going to be waiting a while. Very excited nonetheless!

To add to the questions: is this shipping directly from Malaysia? Will that have any effect on US customs taxes? Thanks.

Offline jeffbolton

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:50:23 »
Any chance the GMK set can have keys for split spacebar?

Offline Saiph

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 11:53:20 »
Oh yeah, I forgot that I would definitely need that   :thumb:

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:00:00 »
Will we have a chance to edit our information before the GB closes? In case we change our mind about choosing black when we might want the grey, even though we probably want the black, despite really being drawn to the grey, but deciding ultimately that the black will match better in more circumstances and with a wider range of keycaps, even though the grey would be a unique color compared to all the black electronics I already have, but black. But grey. But black?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:04:34 »

I'd imagine the GMK set will be tailored/produced per order hence one would assume it'll support the layout you personally pick for your keyboard. That might not be the case however so I expect some clarification from Jua or another project member in the near future. Someone comprised a pretty good FAQ a few posts up so hopefully that gets sorted timely (the GB is open for quite a while so no rush really).

Offline Traveler

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:07:16 »
Will we have a chance to edit our information before the GB closes? In case we change our mind about choosing black when we might want the grey, even though we probably want the black, despite really being drawn to the grey, but deciding ultimately that the black will match better in more circumstances and with a wider range of keycaps, even though the grey would be a unique color compared to all the black electronics I already have, but black. But grey. But black?

This has been me the past 18 days. I've even tried making renders with my favorite keysets (and failing spectacularly). The ultimate first-world problem.

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:17:13 »

1. MOD switches?
?

2. Factory Assembly?
?

?

4. Can we see a difference between the plates or is it just a weight difference?
?

5. ETA for GMK render?
?

6. What extra keys will the GMK set come with? I'm mostly curious about R2 Delete key and R3 Control.
?

7. What kind of stabilizers will be included? When ordering additional stabilizers on page 2, does 1 set include all stabilizers needed for standard layout?
?

It seems like all of GH is waiting for the answers

Offline chromatically

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:19:14 »
Beautiful work everyone... looking forward to this one a lot.
I put in an order, hopefully you saw my PM that I wanted to add a polycarbonate bottom to my order (in addition to the alu one that I ordered with it). Cheers.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:35:32 »

I think slash emperor is buying 1 M65 and 2 EXENTs

Yes siree. Hydro Blue for the M65-A, and Black and Silver for the EXENT, since Rose Gold seems to be dropped.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:38:04 by Slash Emperor »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:38:17 »
Please keep in mind that is the middle of the night for most of the GB organizers, so don't expect answers until morning.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 12:46:31 »

1. MOD switches?
?

2. Factory Assembly?
?

?

?

5. ETA for GMK render?
?

?

?

I'll answer the ones I have the answers to:

1. MOD Switches

Yes, we're going to make that available.

2. Factory Assembly

No, we used a different manufacturer to keep costs down.

5. I pushed GMK for this week, but they are delayed on most items. I'll let you know as soon as I get information myself.

6. The set comes with a big ISO Enter.

7. Genuine Standard PCB Mount or Screw in

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 13:05:34 »
how is GMK gonna support those split-spacebar layouts? hmmm???

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 13:15:10 »
As per Sherry's response it seems they might not, guess those are going to be for people who don't want to get the premium kit then which still sort of makes sense, a shame but understandable costs-wise probably.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 13:29:47 »
juahenza, just to confirm, we can submit the order now and pay in Feb? (Payment deadline 28th February 2016)

January has already been devastating on my wallet so an extra few weeks to come up with the money would be super helpful, and it also sounds like there will be the option of adding MOD switches (which are not currently on the order form.)
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 14:31:34 »
Looks awesome!  :thumb:

Quick questions: Is the bottom aluminum plate fully replacing the polycarbonate (full aluminum body)?  What is the default plate?  Steel?

Thanks!

MaNiFeX

Offline Data

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:00:15 »
Ordered 1x Grey base kit with PC bottom @ 8° tilt.

Planning to pair this with GMK Terminal if all goes well.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:05:52 »

This has been me the past 18 days. I've even tried making renders with my favorite keysets (and failing spectacularly). The ultimate first-world problem.
If you do make some renders could you share them?

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:07:39 »
Should we wait for the MOD switch option to be added to that form? Currently that's the only reason I haven't ordered.

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:23:21 »
Should we wait for the MOD switch option to be added to that form? Currently that's the only reason I haven't ordered.
Same here

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:29:53 »
What is the option 'Under-declare parcel value to $80'?

Offline Saiph

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:43:46 »
Its an option for them to declare the package as being valued under $80. This can help people dodge some custom taxes and stuff, though has some small risks. I think you don't really have to worry about it in the US? Feels like its people in Europe who always end up with issues.

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 15:58:41 »
Its an option for them to declare the package as being valued under $80. This can help people dodge some custom taxes and stuff, though has some small risks. I think you don't really have to worry about it in the US? Feels like its people in Europe who always end up with issues.

Gotcha, thanks for the explaination

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 16:12:23 »
I see MOD-L (Magenta 45g tactiles) and MOD-M (Cyan 55g tactiles) on the order form now at +$40USD

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 16:43:44 »
Ordered 1x Grey base kit with PC bottom @ 8° tilt.

Planning to pair this with GMK Terminal if all goes well.

Excellent choice. I can't decide between black and grey tho  :-\ I would like to see a render with the keycaps + color options

Q: I was curious if the 12° option also includes the 8° foot? If not, can we buy both?
the second page of the order form lets you buy both
Q: Also what brand are the different stabilizers?
both the PCB mount and screw in stabs are genuine cherry, I believe
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:29:32 by dubious »

Offline Saiph

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 16:47:04 »
Q: I was curious if the 12° option also includes the 8° foot? If not, can we buy both?
12° doesn't include 8°, you can buy both though.

Offline seantingwong

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 16:52:15 »
Are the only layouts the ones seen on the layout image? Can we expect three 1u keys (as shown on the prototype) instead of the two 1.5u keys on the bottom row?

Offline Saiph

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 16:57:51 »
Are the only layouts the ones seen on the layout image? Can we expect three 1u keys (as shown on the prototype) instead of the two 1.5u keys on the bottom row?
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the IC thread that 3 1u would be supported, don't remember exactly where though. It was one of the first pages though.

edit: found it https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86815.msg2336146#msg2336146

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 18:05:07 »
12° doesn't include 8°, you can buy both though.

Thanks! Also found a blurb in the IC forum. Stabilizers sound like they will be 'genuine' cherry.

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 18:10:39 »
What kind of difference can I expect between standard and screw-mount stabs? I'm assuming the backplate or PCB allow for the screw holes for the latter? What are your preferences?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:14:15 »
What kind of difference can I expect between standard and screw-mount stabs? I'm assuming the backplate or PCB allow for the screw holes for the latter? What are your preferences?
It's just how the stab is mounted to the PCB.
Imho, the standard with toothpick is best.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:17:56 »
This is one of those boards that I'm not sure how it would fit into my rotation nor how much I'd use it... but it looks so good I feel like I have to make room. Also, the price isn't any great deterrent.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:16:17 »

And, if we already used the form, can we change it after when the mod switch options are added?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline quadcube

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:34:30 »
Thanks
RGB are configurable by using BootMapper. Standard win keyless firmware

Offline nocturalowl

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:03:29 »

And, if we already used the form, can we change it after when the mod switch options are added?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed after filling the form, you can edit the form before they close the form   :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:05:05 by nocturalowl »

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:27:12 »
juahenza, just to confirm, we can submit the order now and pay in Feb? (Payment deadline 28th February 2016)

January has already been devastating on my wallet so an extra few weeks to come up with the money would be super helpful, and it also sounds like there will be the option of adding MOD switches (which are not currently on the order form.)

+1. this two month as been really bad bad bad for my wallet  :))

how is GMK gonna support those split-spacebar layouts? hmmm???

remember GMK Carbon add-onds on massdrop? I guess GMK will use that as a base for supporting this split space bar layout.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline yookwh

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:37:07 »
Is it just me, or is the colored plate (Black, silver, blue, pink, etc.) a bit transparent?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:46:19 »
Is it just me, or is the colored plate (Black, silver, blue, pink, etc.) a bit transparent?

probably a result of the photoshopping
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline ntw

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:58:56 »

because the plate is made out of acrylic?
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 23:37:09 »
Is silver the only option for aluminum plate? want to get a full black combo tho.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 03:38:20 »
Can we buy more than one?

Can the under-light shine through if we get the metal bottom?

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 03:39:55 »
I also want to buy both the poly bottom and the metal bottom, is that possible?