Author Topic: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (CLOSED)  (Read 493168 times)

Offline ninjadoc

[GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (CLOSED)
« on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 16:04:51 »
* Welcome to the MIRA SE Group Buy thread! *
MIRA is an astronomy-themed keyboard design, inspired by the Mira (also known as Omicron Ceti) binary star system in the constellation of Cetus.
The MIRA logo font is inspired by a vintage NASA insignia, and the dual circle design stands for the binary star system: a red giant star and a white dwarf star orbiting each other.

Link to the original Interest Check thread.

The order form has been closed!  Thank you for your support!!!
Orders closed at Noon (12:00) EST on February 12, 2017.

For updates in chronological order and latest status of the group buy, please see the second post below.

A new poll is active for group buy participants to indicate interest in additional parts for their MIRA kit:
- Stainless Steel spacer in place of the acrylic diffuser
- ALPS PCB / Stainless Steel ALPS switch plate
- Extra TX87 PCBs
- Brass MX switch plate
- Acrylic / Polycarb MX switch plate
- Partial / Half-plate (MX)

https://goo.gl/forms/i1DOt8deZw7wdKE12
Please only submit the options you would actually buy.

Here is the link to check your MIRA order as submitted!  The list is sorted alphabetically by username.  Shipping cost is NOT INCLUDED!
>>> CLICK HERE FOR ORDER CHECK SPREADSHEET<<<
A reminder to everyone: 1 PCB is included in your kit.  "Extra" PCB means you get more than one.

FYI, any order sales/transfers MUST be confirmed with ninjadoc BEFORE they happen, not after. 
This is for PayPal protection and consistency.  The original sale contract is between the original buyer and ninjadoc.  If you wish to transfer your spot and find a buyer, please contact ninjadoc or photoelectric, and ninja can do the refund/invoice properly.  Please don't buy or sell any spots directly from sellers/buyers.
. . . .

MIRA SE INFORMATION:
  • Tenkeyless design
  • Option to have an 84-key layout (with integrated bottom case blockers, "winkeyless") or 86/87-key layout (without bottom case blockers, "winkey")
  • Aluminum or steel switch plate that does not allow for switch modification
  • Leeku TX87 PCB, fully programmable with LED support
    More
    •Full SMT (Pre-Soldered Device parts, Diodes, Resistors)
    •Fully programmable PCB designed/developed by Leeku
    •RGB LED underglow - presoldered
    •Supports full Switch LED
    •Layout: ISO/ANSI, 84-, 86-, 87-key
    •Default with a USB Mini connector
  • 8-degree typing surface incline
    More
  • Acrylic diffuser integrated into the case design
  • Bottom of the case includes a weight insert made of either polished stainless steel or polished (not plated) brass
  • The keyboard kit will come with a custom box
    More
  • NOTE: this GB is for an unassembled kit!  You will need to source your own switches, LEDs, stabilizers, keycaps, and assembly

http://imgur.com/a/P6DiG

Aluminum color options:
- You may select a different color for the top part of the case, the bottom part, and the switch plate.  Please see approximate colors here

Plate Options:
  • Stainless Steel
  • Anodized Aluminum
Weight Insert Options:
  • Stainless Steel
  • Brass
More
steel:   brass:

PRICE:
$397 - $427 (depending on selected configuration - see below*) + shipping (directly from China, will be billed separately.  Please see post #2 for shipping estimates.)

*Price Breakdown:
  • Keyboard case (top + bottom + acrylic insert) - $280
  • PCB (extras available)             - $50 $52* (please see the 2nd post)
  • Stainless steel bottom weight   - $60
  • Brass bottom weight               - $40
  • Stainless steel switch plate      - $35
  • Aluminum switch plate            - $25
So the total prices for a single keyboard kit without extra plates or extra PCB are as follows:
- steel weight and steel plate              $427
- steel weight and aluminum plate       $417
- brass weight and stainless plate        $407
- brass weight and aluminum plate      $397

LIMITED EDITION NUMBERING:
Those forum members who have supported the MIRA project during the Interest Check phase and have been assigned numbers from 1-57 will receive limited edition bottom weights with their individual number engraved on it.  Keep in mind that you still need to fill out an order form if you are on this list. FrostyToast maintains the up-to-date list of usernames and numbers.  Also, those with the numbers will receive a set of transparent screw-in stabilizers courtesy of Zeal!  (One engraved weight and one set of stabilizers per person.)  Thank you for your support!

GROUP BUY TIMELINE:
1)      Ordering + verifying ordering: around 2 weeks
2)      Payment: two weeks for price of the board, shipping will be billed separately.  Due by March 6 at 12 PM EST
3)      From time of payment to the manufacturer delivery to your door: 12-16 weeks.
4)      Shipping cost will be calculated and billed later, based on destination.  Please be prepared to pay for shipping.

- customs - please PM me for any customs questions. If anyone has purchased a board from LZ, PCB's from Leeku, or any other board from Korea we will follow similar guidelines.
- the shipper will be DHL 3 - 5 days
- estimates - assuming 4.5 kg shipped, obviously varies
United States -     $47
Canada -              $46
Australia -            $66
Germany -           $49
England -             $46
Malaysia -            $46
France -               $46
Russia -               ? please PM me
Vietnam -             $66
Hong Kong -         ?please PM me

- Thanks to everyone for their support in this GB –
  Hubble for the initial design, YukTsi for his revisions, and Asilan and EVE for the final rendition of the Mira.
  Thank you to FrostyToast for keeping up with the preorders and numbers. I can’t imagine the headache that has been.
  Thank you to Zeal for his support and donation of the gold stabilizer set to purchasers of the 57 numbered boards.
  Thank you to Limitz for all his support and encouragement when I was ready to stop dealing with this never-ending mess of a group buy.
  Thanks to zzyjayfree for finding a manufacturer and dealing with my endless questions and revisions of the Mira.
  Thank you to Photoelectric for writing the GB thread and doing the order form for the Mira when I was unable to do so.
  Lastly, thank you to Geek Hack and its members for their support of this GB when it seemed like it was sure to fail.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 March 2018, 23:02:16 by Photoelectric »

Offline ninjadoc

[GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (Closed for orders. Manufacturing phase.)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 20:45:28 »
STATUS UPDATES (in chronological order, latest at the bottom):

Quality check on the boards
-checked at the factory
-placed in the foam insert in the custom "Mira" box
-placed in bubble wrapped bag
-placed in another box and taped shut
-the prototypes were then wrapped in foam and placed in another box for shipping

UPDATE - Due to custom's issues on releasing the PCB's shipped from Korea to China for the Chinese group buy and since we will be utilizing the same PCB's I have to add $2 extra to the PCB cost to cover the custom's fee for our PCB's.I apologize and if there are any additional charges with shipment of our PCB's to China I will take responsibility for those charges.

UPDATE: Last prototype is currently being made as a winkey. LOGO on top has been tweaked and the inside of the case has been changed to make the Mira more compatible with winkeyless's A87 PCB. Once the prototype has been checked production will begin.

UPDATE: April 22 - still working on the last prototype. Two have been made since my last update. The issue is rhe winkeyless PCB support. The A87 PCB is wider than any other PCB and if careful attention on the size of it and the design it is hard to step back and incorparate it. I was also not content with the design of the TX87 - my personal issue - not someone else's. The first prototype in this final stage had two thin walls. The next one was felt to be too wide by EVE and I agreed with him - the widened sides, the subtle change th the side curves, the effect on the USB hole so cables could reach the connector to fit all rhe PCB's - so support for winkeyless's PCB has been dropped. I apologize to the ones that wanted to use it but I can't do it and get the keyboard done. EVE is very good at production and the release should not be delayed much if at all.

UPDATE: May 9 - First let me say when I started working on the Mira I knew nothing about CAD. I'm SLIGHTLY more knowledgeable now.As some of you are aware the Mira was originally designed to utilize a winkeyless PCB.
Hubble's original design was for a WKL version that had too long of blockers and there were other aspects of the design that made it impractacal to produce.

Since I had the CAD files I found others to help revise the design. Due to my lack of knowledge about CAD and not knowing the exact measurements of the variety of PCB's - I was unaware when the dimensions
of the Mira were changed as we were redesigning it and this prevented the A87 form fitting the case.I tried to change the design so the A87, TX87, NERD, B-fake - would fit.I could do it but the increase
required caused the bezel to be widened. EVE, the one manufacturing the Mira,didn't care for the wide body design and I agreed so we've returned to the the prototype everyone's seen and made slight
adjustment to the inner dimensions to improve the TX87 fit. The NERD, B-fake, and Leeku's alps PCB's will also fit.

The logo has been tweaked to decrease the "O'Mira" confusion.

The changes have all taken time and delayed production somewhat. Leeku has been paid for all the PCB's and they have been produced. I will do my best to get photographs when the production begins.

As for my lack of communication there have been several reasons but instead of making excuses I will simply say I understand why GB organizers don't communicate well - if you have nothing to say
you had rather say nothing at all. My head is still sore from me beating my head against the wall in frustration with some of the issues ofrunning a group buy.
I'll try to be better on giving updates.

Update: May 30 - sorry about the lack of communication - my PC seems to want to stay in pieces. If anyone lives in or around Cincinnati and has time to help me resuscitate the POS PM me!
Now for the real reason I'm posting - production is expected to begin Thursday - I want to verify with EVE before I mention shipping. The tweaking of the prototype took too long - that's on me. All I can do is apologize and tell you was to try to give you everything I promised.

Update: June 7 - Rui and I reviewed the CAD files with EVE last week and any questions EVE had about the Mira SE have been answered to the best of my knowledge. Production should have begun but I was unable to get a clear ship date. given the conclusion of the Chinese GB for the Moon, the GH GB for the Mira SE, and the GH GB for the Moon it is unclear when production will be finished. I will let everyone know as soon as I get more information.
To stop the rumbling - I have plate files already for alps and have made arrangement with Leeku for the alps PCB's.
                                  - I plan to have a GB for partial plates, brass plates, poly-carbonate plates for the Mira.
                                  - I will not release plate CAD files for plates at this time.
                                  - I will not start an interest check for either of these until I'm satisfied about the progress of the Mira's production and have arranged/have an idea of the cost of the plates.

Update: June 21 - I've been trying to post weekly and I see I blew it this time.

In reference to updates and timelines - I can only ask EVE and zzyjayfree the questions - if they don't answer me I can't walk next door or drive for 30 minutes to ask them face to face. zzyjayfree lives in Canada, EVE in China - if I don't have information I cannot relay it to you.

As it stands - I've paid Leeku for all the PCB's, they have been made, and he is waiting to be told where to ship them.
I will probably ship those to the US buyers myself. The last ones that were sent to China cost $9+ a piece with shipping and custom fees. I will ship them to everyone and you will have two shipping fees. The one from me will be the cost - the $2 paid for customs fees - that way you know I haven't forgotten the extra $2.

Production - interesting that he machines the weights and plates first, then the cases. The cases are produced last because he anodizes them immediately to reduce corrosion.
As for time - realize EVE has 125 cases to machine. I don't know how long it takes to machine the cases but I do know the anodizing has multiple steps in the process. When I get an idea of when the boards will be shipped and will let you know.

Update: July 1 - as mentioned previously, production is in progress and as Photoelectric previously said this week packing and shipping is expected to start in early August. I've requested photos and when available I will post them.

https://imgur.com/a/br9oS

Update: July 8 - production is moving along. EVE is working on it and I'm going to start working on getting PCB's shipped to me and then to you. To whet your appetite EVE and zzyjayfree have supplied a few more pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/qjiV2

Update: July 18 - most CNC work completed. Anodizing starting up, no pictures yet. Zzyjayfree is on vacation and none available from EVE

UPDATE: July 31 - Sorry about the delay, I was waiting on pictures. EVE is about to start anodizing and is waiting on the PCB's from Leeku. Boards have been made long ago, just waiting for them to arrive at Eve's shop. Without further ado - PICTURES
http://imgur.com/a/FvLfg

UPDATE: August 16 - still waiting on more pictures from EVE. I understand the anxiety and frustration on waiting- I'm feeling it too. I've been working on this for over two years, starting with CAD files that had issues to CAD designers with their own agendas. As my updates state on April 22 and May 9 state my attempt to redesign the Mira to fit the winkeyless PCB created a delay in production that we haven't recovered from. I'm reiterating that again so there is no confusion on that. We've almost crossed the finish line now so hang in there for a little longer. All 157 TX87 PCB's have been paid for, manufactured, and shipped to EVE. This is a change from what I said before but it will work better for all of you. 80% of the cost of manufacturing the Mira SE, anodizing it, and the boxes for it has been paid with the remaining 20% to be paid when all is completed and ready to ship. If anyone was wondering where the money is or where it is going, now you know.

Several have asked for plates/spacers to take place of the diffusers. I've asked Eve if that is a possibility.

Assembly - that can be arranged from the same group that is providing it for the Moon. I'm out of town right now and haven't read the thread yet but keep it in mind.

Update: September 8 - anodizing is ongoing
A big thanks to zzyjayfree for obtaining the photos!

https://imgur.com/a/tcFd9

And all PCB's have been shipped to EVE.
Progress - I'm starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel

Update: December 29, 2017:
Kits are shipping!  Expect an invoice from zzyjayfree for shipping cost, if you have not yet received one.  Please see this post by zzyjayfree regarding tracking information:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.msg2541036#msg2541036

Update: January 2, 2018
Any issues with received kits please PM all 3 of us - zzyjayfree, Photoelectric, ninjadoc

UPDATE: January 8, 2018
Information about shipping status update labels on the order verification spreadsheet:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87310.msg2545185#msg2545185

PLEASE CONTACT ZZYJAYFREE, PHOTOELECTRIC, AND NINJADOC if you receive WRONG SIZE SPACEBAR STABILIZER WIRE!  THERE'S AN ISSUE WITH STABILIZER PACKS NOT BEING DISTRIBUTED CORRECTLY.  Regardless of the number on the stabilizer bag, if the size matches what you requested--great, use it!  If not, please let us know ASAP!  Replacement wires will be shipped after all the numbered kits have been delivered, and we've tallied the wires needed for replacements.  In the meantime, if you'd like to trade stabilizer wires with other group buy participants, that could get you a correct size more quickly.

UPDATE: May 8, 2018
Samples of plates should
arrive tomorrow. If they look OK I will start the GB, hopefully by the end of the week. Brass price is prohibitive but I will offer them. Plates will be produced in the United States, will be unfinished and not anodized but I may buff them to improve appearance.

UPDATE: May 13, 2018
Plate samples done. Poly-carbonate and aluminum are OK. I think I choose the wrong stainless and there is an error on the alps plate. I will change the stainless and get the spacer done and see how it looks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 May 2018, 00:36:25 by ninjadoc »

Offline E3E

Re: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 22:56:40 »
It has begun!

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 22:56:43 »
I'll be dealing with shipping, if anyone has any question please send me a PM
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 March 2017, 17:00:33 by zzyjayfree »
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:02:20 »
Thank God it's open for 2 weeks. The color choice is gonna be a hard one this time.

Thanks ninjadoc and crew! Oh and thanks zeal for those awesome stabs for the first 57. You're a legend :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:06:41 »
What kind of shipping cost could a US customer expect for this GB?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline ns90

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:07:19 »
I never thought I wanted a TKL. This has changed my mind.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:09:36 »
Glad to finally see this come to fruition.

Offline E3E

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:10:42 »
I never thought I wanted a TKL. This has changed my mind.

The Mira was the first TKL board to tempt me back when I was a hardcore 75% fan!

Offline maximm

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:22:37 »
Will you lower the value of the package to avoid customs? To like $20.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:37:17 »
Please, include pictures with the colors palette if you can?

There's a link in the paragraph under the color list :thumb:

And linked here for ease http://imgur.com/a/M1NLm
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:37:41 »
Please, include pictures with the colors palette if you can?

There are pictures for colors in the "Colors" section.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:46:47 »
ooooohhh yessss. gimme dat night sky blue. so happy to see this happening. thanks so much, ninja et al

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:54:13 »

Curious of this too. Obviously depends on the state and all that. However a ballpark would be great. $60? Just don't want to be caught off guard.

Also, Ninjadoc, thank you for seeing this GB through. I can't even begin to understand what you undertook to make this happen. That blue while not a "NASA blue" looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm beyond anxious to finally get this thing in to my hands. Looks like I also might need to purchase some more Zealios or something of the likes.

What is everyone going to pick for colors? These colors are amazing and can make some great combinations.
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 00:03:10 »
Good luck with this GB! This keyboard definitely looks out of the world.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 00:06:58 »
Good luck with this GB! This keyboard definitely looks out of the world.

I'm glad it didn't disappear into a
black hole.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline ika

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 00:11:12 »
It looks like the plate doesn't support switch top removal, whereas some prototypes have shown compatibility. Can this be clarified? ty

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 00:25:22 »
It looks like the plate doesn't support switch top removal, whereas some prototypes have shown compatibility. Can this be clarified? ty

It does not support switch top removal.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 01:40:42 »
omggggg that night sky blue is gorgeous.

so in

Offline JDragon

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 01:46:11 »
Glad to see this finally at GB stage! Gotta figure out what color I want...

How heavy is stainless steel vs brass for the weight?

Offline ChQuNg

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 01:53:45 »
Will you combine shipping? Do I submit two separate orders?

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 02:00:54 »

I'm trying to get a quote

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 02:10:46 »
Will you combine shipping? Do I submit two separate orders?

Wondering this as well

Already submitted one order for dat Night Sky Blue thooo
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 03:15:45 »
Hnnnnng finally get to order my Mira - thanks to ninjadoc & everyone involved for making this happen!

Night Sky Blue case, Interstellar Black plate, brass weight.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 04:08:18 »

This please!
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 04:18:33 »
Glad this is finally happening!

Lunar gray and brass weight for me.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 05:22:46 »
It's hard to decide the color now. I like silver but I just joined the GB for a silver LZ CLS. 2 silver kb at the same time is a good idea? zzz   :rolleyes:

Offline Sissy

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 05:37:30 »
It's hard to decide the color now. I like silver but I just joined the GB for a silver LZ CLS. 2 silver kb at the same time is a good idea? zzz   :rolleyes:
yea I'm totally stuck on color choices
I swear unless a keyboard has a purple option Its basically impossible for me to pick a color

Offline sundin

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 05:42:47 »
blue case and pink plate for me.
Pink is love.

Offline gandroider

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 06:08:11 »
Estimation date for billing to paypal?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 07:21:09 »
Finally! Thank you so much for your hard work Ninja, and everyone else involved. Definitely picking one up, just not sure on the colour.

Offline poolside

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 08:06:26 »
Going full steel with the Night Sky Blue case. Thanks a lot Mira crew! :)
Waiting for GMK Deep Space now...

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 08:10:43 »
Is this still compatible with the Winkeyless B.87 PCB? Is there an option to buy the case without PCB?

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 08:25:21 »
Does the PCB come with the RGB underglow LEDs pre-soldered?

Meaning all we need to solder in are switches and (optional) in switch LEDs?

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline Wazazaby

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 08:53:54 »
Does the plate support switch top removal?

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 08:56:19 »
Does the plate support switch top removal?

Aluminum or steel switch plate that does not allow for switch modification

From the OP

Offline Jumie

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 09:07:17 »
Does the PCB come with the RGB underglow LEDs pre-soldered?

Meaning all we need to solder in are switches and (optional) in switch LEDs?

Yes it does..

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 10:41:19 »
Are the prototype colors actual prototypes with the actual colors we will be seeing or are those just renders?

Kind of disappointed in the grey that was settled on as the grey from the interest check didn't seem as green. If it's really supposed to be like that might have to go with black or blue then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 10:58:38 »
PSA: Dear all, if you need to change your order and have lost your edit link for your submitted form, please submit a new order, but please please please also contact me about it, so your original order can be deleted.  Alternatively, if you just need to make a small change, please contact me as well, and I can change that bit on the order spreadsheet.

Thank you.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 12:20:33 »
Are the prototype colors actual prototypes with the actual colors we will be seeing or are those just renders?

Kind of disappointed in the grey that was settled on as the grey from the interest check didn't seem as green. If it's really supposed to be like that might have to go with black or blue then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Night Sky Blue and the Lunar Gray of the prototypes will be what will be ordered for this group buy, as shown on the photos linked in the OP.  Please keep in mind that in person colors vary significantly based on type and brightness of illumination source.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 January 2017, 12:22:11 by Photoelectric »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 12:23:35 »

From the information in the OP: orders close on February 12, then 2 weeks for payments.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 12:55:03 »

From the information in the OP: orders close on February 12, then 2 weeks for payments.

roughly end of Feb... same time payment for all these other dope keyboards is due.
i'm dyin over here. half a dozen keysets in january and almost as many keyboards in february... fml

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 12:56:10 »
RL obligations > keyboards!  Don't get yourself in debt :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 12:58:17 »
Congratulations, ninjadoc. You deserve all the praise for making this a reality. This was one of the first IC boards I joined; I decided some time later to bail out, but that leaves me only jealous now.
God speed on your sale.

Offline Will_26

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 13:09:37 »
Any example photos of the starlight silver colour? :)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 13:11:46 »
Any example photos of the starlight silver colour? :)

Clear-anodized aluminum (no dye to make it lighter or darker, so just silver).

Offline flopix

• Laur
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 13:36:18 »

This please!

Yes. That'd be a godsend. I'm on 21% on board+shipping + processing fees  :(

Offline flopix

• Laur
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 13:40:51 »
I'd like to thank everyone involved in this for making it happen. It's almost 2 years in the making :)