Author Topic: [GB] Dolphin and EM7 Raffle - All boards have shipped! So long, everyone!  (Read 322673 times)

Offline lanyusea

When do these puppies ship?  :eek:

Can't wait any longer hnngggg

I believe we're looking at estimated 7/17 for all keyboards to be completed! So I'd say 1-2 weeks after that we'll begin shipping! :)

*MAJOR EDIT*: As many of the members here didn't like the "Geekhack Edition" text at the top, Lynn took your feedback and actually went ahead and changed it to Limited Edition. So yes, you'll all be receiving LIMITED EDITION LX3 boards. I feel like Oprah. You get a Limited Edition, you get a Limited Edition!

Disclaimer: I doubt that there will be many of you upset, but if you are, please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline LDobler

I believe we're looking at estimated 7/17 for all keyboards to be completed! So I'd say 1-2 weeks after that we'll begin shipping! :)

*MAJOR EDIT*: As many of the members here didn't like the "Geekhack Edition" text at the top, Lynn took your feedback and actually went ahead and changed it to Limited Edition. So yes, you'll all be receiving LIMITED EDITION LX3 boards. I feel like Oprah. You get a Limited Edition, you get a Limited Edition!

Disclaimer: I doubt that there will be many of you upset, but if you are, please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the answer! :D

Appreciate the communication, the quality of this GB in general and I'm quite happy that I got to join it!  :p :thumb:

Cheers

Offline poolside

The Dolphin might arrive even before Keyboard&Co. starts manufacturing. The longer the wait, the better the reward. :) :'(

This is fine!

Any pictures of the underside of the keyboards (Dolphin and EM7)?
There was one picture of the raw Dolphin prototype you posted some time ago which did not show any engravings on the underside. I wonder if it stayed the same.

Offline mrboovn

Thanks for great update  :thumb:
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline _BMW_M3_

Are there any changes to the tags then? I'm cool with whatever text it is, just wondering!

EM7 Tags are Limited Edition Lx3 as well.
Dolphin v1 LE | TGR Jane | LZ Ergo

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Any chance there will be a super deluxe gh special mega limited blue edition?

Offline tuantruong

Any chance there will be a super deluxe gh special mega limited blue edition?
FTFU.  :thumb:

Offline iArson

Looking for someone to sell me an extra plate! Hoping to get one before these ship out. Let me know Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline megaforce

mfw its july and it's almost time for Lyn boards

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 July 2017, 18:19:25 by megaforce93 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline megaforce

Just curious, do you have pics of the EM7 badges?
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline CMYK

I would also love to see a photo of the gold/silver tags on the dolphin.  I am so hyped for this GB.

Offline sundin

Hum, what's happened? Any update?

Offline megaforce

More

Offline _BMW_M3_

Sorry I've been a little bit unresponsive as of late guys! I've had a few personal things come up but we're still making great progress. I am going to speak with Lynn tonight and see where we're at! Thanks everyone!

Offline Tally810

Sorry I've been a little bit unresponsive as of late guys! I've had a few personal things come up but we're still making great progress. I am going to speak with Lynn tonight and see where we're at! Thanks everyone!
Thx dude

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline calavera

While you guys wait, here's a useless em7 pro tip:

Prepare a 1.4cm x 4.2cm "dust cover" to place inside the logo socket. I just used scotch tape to secure the acrylic.
I used a semi-transparent black acrylic. It adds 150 wpm yo.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.

Prepare a 1.4cm x 4.2cm "dust cover" to place inside the logo socket. I just used scotch tape to secure the acrylic.

Show Image

It would be rad if we could get a SVG/DXF file for the logo.
I'd like to 3d print an insert for that logo - probably out of a clear co-polymer.

Offline ihalatch

Show Image

It would be rad if we could get a SVG/DXF file for the logo.
I'd like to 3d print an insert for that logo - probably out of a clear co-polymer.

That'll be great.

Offline lanyusea

hi I'm wondering the size of EM7.

can a wristrest of 87 kb can fit EM7?
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline poolside

The EM7 is shorter than the Dolphin, so your wristrest might stick a little bit out: http://i.imgur.com/Fpe99m6.jpg

Offline calavera

The EM7 is shorter than the Dolphin, so your wristrest might stick a little bit out: http://i.imgur.com/Fpe99m6.jpg

Wut? They're the exact same exterior dimensions. The length difference in that pic is an illusion due to the angled bottom.

Overall length is the same as a regular 87 tenkeyless. It's just the wavy side curves that stick out a little bit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 July 2017, 03:36:25 by calavera »

Offline lanyusea

Wut? They're the exact same exterior dimensions. The length difference in that pic is an illusion due to the angled bottom.

Overall length is the same as a regular 87 tenkeyless. It's just the wavy side curves that stick out a little bit.

:thumb:

Offline _BMW_M3_

FYI friends, I believe the keebs are in Lynn's hands. Last I heard (3 days ago) he was waiting on the SMT PCBs. Besides that, I think we're good to go! I'm waiting for 3 addresses from people that did not include them in the form. I've sent them emails.

I believe we will have to do somewhat of a staggered shipment as PayPal will only release his money in increments of $10k once x number of people (not sure on exact number) receive their package. I'll keep you up to date with the latest info. I can't believe we're almost there!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Can't wait!

Offline sundin

Go Go Go Go little keyboard!

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
Nice!

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
YEa boid

Offline loud_asian

Any updates?
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline CMYK

I would assume we are in the shipping raffle stage.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
Can't wait to see more pics of these boards on peoples desks; the design is stellar.

Offline germy

I'd be open to taking someone's board off their hands if they changed their minds. Depends on the colours chosen too though.

Offline lanyusea

FYI friends, I believe the keebs are in Lynn's hands. Last I heard (3 days ago) he was waiting on the SMT PCBs. Besides that, I think we're good to go! I'm waiting for 3 addresses from people that did not include them in the form. I've sent them emails.

I believe we will have to do somewhat of a staggered shipment as PayPal will only release his money in increments of $10k once x number of people (not sure on exact number) receive their package. I'll keep you up to date with the latest info. I can't believe we're almost there!

glad to here that!

now I'm starting preparing switches, stabilizers, keycaps, tickers, leds, springs...

Offline _BMW_M3_

I talked to Lynn a few weeks ago and it looks like we're ready to begin shipping next week! PayPal is being a PITA regarding releasing money. They've told us that they will release money in $10k increments as we ship. As such, I belive Lynn is doing a "staggered" ship. Basically, once PayPal releases $10k, he'll ship $10k worth of boards. I believe he's starting with Korea/Asia so we can get these rolling out quicker.

Don't quote me on this EXACTLY as I think he's still ironing out the details. I believe this is pretty close to what's happening. XD SHIPPING TIMEEEEEEE.

Offline lanyusea

I talked to Lynn a few weeks ago and it looks like we're ready to begin shipping next week! PayPal is being a PITA regarding releasing money. They've told us that they will release money in $10k increments as we ship. As such, I belive Lynn is doing a "staggered" ship. Basically, once PayPal releases $10k, he'll ship $10k worth of boards. I believe he's starting with Korea/Asia so we can get these rolling out quicker.

Don't quote me on this EXACTLY as I think he's still ironing out the details. I believe this is pretty close to what's happening. XD SHIPPING TIMEEEEEEE.

SHIPPING TIME!  (let me quote first :p

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
All processes will complete within August or latest is September ! I believe about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline megaforce

Sooooooo it sounds like dolinger in October then! :D
More

Offline lee jeong woo

I am a Korean user

I upload a photo of a dolphin that I just received for a geek user.

« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2017, 11:31:45 by lee jeong woo »

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
I am a Korean user

I upload a photo of a dolphin that I just received for a geek user.

Oh nice!

Offline pr0ximity

Damn that limited logo looks was less gaudy than the original renders. Might have considered these more seriously if it was a plain "Limited Edition" at the beginning, Lin's boards are 👌 but the color-infilled + Geekhack-specific was pretty off-putting
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline CMYK

I'm happy that I'm in the group buy, and sad because I can't have all the colors.  That grey, and black color combo is very nice.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2017, 10:44:11 by CMYK »

Offline clappingcactus

Damn that limited logo looks was less gaudy than the original renders. Might have considered these more seriously if it was a plain "Limited Edition" at the beginning, Lin's boards are 👌 but the color-infilled + Geekhack-specific was pretty off-putting

I'm in the same boat. :P

I wasn't dropping $600 to have a keyboard advertise to the world the website I helped fund it on.

Offline lee jeong woo

i agree :)

Offline CMYK

I just saw the updated photo.  Finally a picture of the tag that is betwen Esc and F1.  I think my board is going to be too silver.

Offline megaforce

I just saw the updated photo.  Finally a picture of the tag that is betwen Esc and F1.  I think my board is going to be too silver.

Silver boards go with every keyset!
More

Offline LiQuiDs

I love that point!!  :p :p ;D ;D :thumb: :thumb:
this is "lee jeong woo" dolphin pic too  ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2017, 15:21:28 by LiQuiDs »
Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

Silver boards go with every keyset!

^^^^
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pr0ximity

Oh interesting, I totally missed that little tag next to Esc, nice touch.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline LiQuiDs

Oh interesting, I totally missed that little tag next to Esc, nice touch.

personally love that point because look different to the Previous version.
Great art is an instant arrested in eternity.

Offline _BMW_M3_

All processes will complete within August or latest is September ! I believe about it

Okay guys, I have some good news and some bad...

The good news is that as you can see, some of the Korean GH members and some of the Koreans that are building boards for GH members have received their kbds. (Someone above posted a pic of a Dolphin! So pumped to see that!)

The bad news is that some of our PCBs did not pass QC. It's bad news because it means we have to wait a little longer, but I am glad we're not shipping out bad PCBs. (Trust me, I'm at wits end with some of the garbage pcbs I've received...) Lynn is now waiting on a new batch of PCBs and then we're good to go. The August (at latest September) timeframe is looking accurate.

As always I'll update everyone ASAP when Lynn receives the new PCBs. Please PM nguyenkimtam or myself with any questions.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy

Okay guys, I have some good news and some bad...

The good news is that as you can see, some of the Korean GH members and some of the Koreans that are building boards for GH members have received their kbds. (Someone above posted a pic of a Dolphin! So pumped to see that!)

The bad news is that some of our PCBs did not pass QC. It's bad news because it means we have to wait a little longer, but I am glad we're not shipping out bad PCBs. (Trust me, I'm at wits end with some of the garbage pcbs I've received...) Lynn is now waiting on a new batch of PCBs and then we're good to go. The August (at latest September) timeframe is looking accurate.

As always I'll update everyone ASAP when Lynn receives the new PCBs. Please PM nguyenkimtam or myself with any questions.

Thanks to Lynn for doing good QC on these boards...! ive been in multiple buys where things like this were overlooked and people ended up with **** components

Thank you!
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2017, 12:22:36 by redbanshee »