Author Topic: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)  (Read 256851 times)

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
Re: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom keyboard
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 23:21:59 »
Have we hit moq yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes,we have. No need to worries about that now.
That was fast haha.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 23:22:27 »
Can you post more pictures with the all available colours?
I am working on that now, hopefully i can post some more pictures today.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 23:24:49 »

That was fast haha.

I am counting 20 orders from China. Still it's pretty fast for me. Maybe it'll be faster if i put a limit on this. :D :D

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 23:27:38 »
Yes,we have. No need to worries about that now.

I'm just worried about picking the right color and matching it with a keyset.  :))

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 23:43:46 »

I'm just worried about picking the right color and matching it with a keyset.  :))
Pink can pair with beige set(as you can see in the picture). Or any Valentine set. It's not black which can pair with anything but it's not that hard. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 23:48:16 »
Pink can pair with beige set(as you can see in the picture). Or any Valentine set. It's not black which can pair with anything but it's not that hard. ;D ;D ;D

My pink LZ right now is paired with Valentine. :p  I'm sure I will find something I love. :thumb:

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 23:49:47 »

That was fast haha.

I am counting 20 orders from China. Still it's pretty fast for me. Maybe it'll be faster if i put a limit on this. :D :D
How far are we from the MOQ for the free stabs?

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:05:12 »

My pink LZ right now is paired with Valentine. :p  I'm sure I will find something I love. :thumb:

I am sure you do. :thumb: :thumb:

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:07:20 »

That was fast haha.

We just met our MOQ so it's like we just half-way there. This GB is still young,i suppose we can hit 100 and get free stabs.Just need some patient.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:09:24 »

That was fast haha.

That is great progress! 50 units in 3 days right?

We just met our MOQ so it's like we just half-way there. This GB is still young,i suppose we can hit 100 and get free stabs.Just need some patient.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:38:59 »
Just got delivery for the color sample

This is a rough picture with no ps or any filter,the real stuff is much better.

165193-0

Just give you guys some idea of what the color will be.

It will have a slight difference between this and the keyboard due to the different thickness.It's  hardly noticeable.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:39:48 »

(Attachment Link)

It will have a slight difference between this and the keyboard due to the different thickness.It's hard noticeable.
Pastel blue and pink look niceee

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:41:44 »

(Attachment Link)

It will have a slight difference between this and the keyboard due to the different thickness.It's hard noticeable.
Pastel blue and pink look niceee

The blue-gray will have more gray in it. This sample just too thin.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:43:10 »
Silver or black? I can't decide 😣

Offline Hako

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:45:12 »
 :eek: That blue-gray is super nice! I might have to get one now...

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:52:15 »
Silver or black? I can't decide 😣
Both fine. you can flip a coin or buy two sets.haha ;D ;D

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 00:52:58 »
:eek: That blue-gray is super nice! I might have to get one now...
Yeah,let's go!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 01:18:46 »
I'm curious as to what the most popular to least popular colors ordered are gonna be  :)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 01:32:01 »
I'm curious as to what the most popular to least popular colors ordered are gonna be  :)

Pink and Black for most popular. I bet gray or blu-gray on least.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 01:56:23 »
From the google form. Black and Blue-Gray are the most popular color for now.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 02:21:27 »

I just ordered Gray paired with a Silver plate. Maybe I'll change my mind when more pics come out though haha. :thumb:

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 02:33:23 »

I just ordered Gray paired with a Silver plate. Maybe I'll change my mind when more pics come out though haha. :thumb:

haha I am thinking about changing to that combo from black.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 02:35:43 »
Alright everyone... I am in for a black but I kind of want a gray. Financially, this will be my last board for the year and I will pair it with my last keyset for the year.. GMK Terminal.

What are your opinions on Black vs Gray case for GMK Terminal? I have always wanted a gray case but black is more safe.
Black.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 07:51:33 »
So, just to clarify: it won't be possible to buy just the case on its own without all the extra stuff to it? I think I'd join the GB if I could acquire the case solely.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 08:03:00 »
So, just to clarify: it won't be possible to buy just the case on its own without all the extra stuff to it? I think I'd join the GB if I could acquire the case solely.

Because we made our own PCB. So the pcb is not worth much to us. Plate actually comes free,factory charge case and plate as a whole. If you don't want them and get something like $10 off, it's like nothing. So i don't give options with no PCB.  You can sell the PCB and make more money.I know many people want to take a second PCB.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:36:29 »

Because we made our own PCB. So the pcb is not worth much to us. Plate actually comes free,factory charge case and plate as a whole. If you don't want them and get something like $10 off, it's like nothing. So i don't give options with no PCB.  You can sell the PCB and make more money.I know many people want to take a second PCB.

I think i might be one who wants a second pcb. I have been planning on getting 2 black kits, but maybe getting only one and swapping the pcbs is a better idea for my wallet...

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 10:46:06 »

I think i might be one who wants a second pcb. I have been planning on getting 2 black kits, but maybe getting only one and swapping the pcbs is a better idea for my wallet...

Same here, would like to use both Plates we get.

Offline Draic

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 10:47:55 »
I joinged the drop of the Revo Keypad recently (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/revo-design-custom-cnc-aluminum-keypad/).

Received it yesterday and I am disappointed by the lack of quality control. My top half is of a different shade of color than the bottom, some scratches and completely uneven finish all around. Pics: http://imgur.com/a/10QDg

According to massdrop there is no warranty issued by Revo, so I wont be able to receive a replacement. I just wanted to post this as a warning to everyone looking into this GB.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:10:44 »
I joinged the drop of the Revo Keypad recently (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/revo-design-custom-cnc-aluminum-keypad/).

Received it yesterday and I am disappointed by the lack of quality control. My top half is of a different shade of color than the bottom, some scratches and completely uneven finish all around. Pics: http://imgur.com/a/10QDg

According to massdrop there is no warranty issued by Revo, so I wont be able to receive a replacement. I just wanted to post this as a warning to everyone looking into this GB.
a lot of times I think people overreact over minor defects and scratches... but that truly looks like ****. definitely not acceptable
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:19:24 »

I'll answer you here as well. Like i said in Dr.D GB thread:

First, i do have a warranty and this can be replaced.

I have to tell you this. I will never send out this kind of product. This one is too obvious to ignore it. It won't pass the factory's QC let alone mine. It seems it meet strong base or something. It could be something happened by shipping or something.

I am replacing bad parts for Dr.D GB as well. You can ask around and people can tell you that i am easy to work with. Show me what's bad and i will replace it. I am not someone you can't reason with.

This is ridiculous. I will never send out this kind of product.  Still,you can contact me and get a replacement.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:35:20 »

I just what to say we have QC three times before i ship this out to MD. Factory will QC it after production finish. This is something easily be seen and i think they won't miss it. And after factory QC one of my team member will look at it. And i will do QC myself before shipping it out. This time i actually ask my wife's help. Nobody seen this big part of stuff before. So i think it's not caused by production. I suppose this is caused by meet with strong base. It could happened. Everyone in my team feel bizarre about this.Very strange
Still we are happy to replace it for you. We are sorry you have to go though this and i understand this is not your fault.I have a purple and a silver pad right now. I can ship it tomorrow. If you still want gray you have to wait for a month or so. Just contact me and tell me what's your choice.

Offline tron

« Reply #181 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:39:25 »

a lot of times I think people overreact over minor defects and scratches... but that truly looks like ****. definitely not acceptable

Mine has an imperfection on the edge but otherwise came out perfect.

Images- http://imgur.com/a/amD6M

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:47:05 »

No worries bro,i can replace it for you if you want. This could be my fault. I think it happened while i am packing it.Stuff like this can be replaced,no problem.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 11:49:57 »
droolsss

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 12:08:38 »

No worries bro,i can replace it for you if you want. This could be my fault. I think it happened while i am packing it.Stuff like this can be replaced,no problem.

These pictures just made me want a Revo Numberpad. Please run a group buy on GeekHack!

They look SOLID!

Edit: Raymond is a great, reasonable guy. I wouldn't worry too much. He is very dedicated to making things right from what I've seen in his other thread. (:
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 12:15:31 by Unforgivable »

Offline tron

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 16:00:07 »

Thanks Raymond. I sent you a PM.

BTW- I am curious what the slope angle of the Revo num pad is. I'm going to have it set up next to my incoming Revo HHKB kit.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 20:49:24 »
Alright... I switched my Black for Gray.

When an HHKB case FINALLY releases I will most likely get a black case so I wanted options.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 20:57:31 »
Man I got too many boards in gbs right now but Revos tkl looked great so this board should be just as amazing.  Good luck to all involved.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #188 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 22:49:21 »
Man I got too many boards in gbs right now but Revos tkl looked great so this board should be just as amazing.  Good luck to all involved.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Why not both  :))

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 00:53:25 »
Alright... I switched my Black for Gray.

When an HHKB case FINALLY releases I will most likely get a black case so I wanted options.

I give too many options last time and it makes me very slow. So i think this time i wanna do a GB that runs really quick and smooth.

Gray is darker than my usual ones,it will do great.

Offline lundmore

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 03:10:08 »
Can we get a few more photos?
Perhaps different angles of a complete board?

Would be much appreciated!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 03:21:20 »

165294-0
165296-1
165298-2
165300-3
165302-4
165304-5
165306-6

Would this be enough,mate?I'll try to shot more pictures.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 07:04:13 »
So will it be possible to get Yarbos with this one like Dr D?

Doubtful, but I figured I would ask haha.  :p

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 07:12:20 »

Yarbo will be another GB in the future. It's all handmade so it cost time. And at this moment. We don't have time to do it.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 07:20:27 »

Yarbo will be another GB in the future. It's all handmade so it cost time. And at this moment. We don't have time to do it.

That's fair, guess i will have to wait until then!

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 07:49:46 »
Any chance we can get the height of the case at the front and back lips?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 10:02:51 »

Interested in this as well! I hope has relatively similar dimensions to my HHKB's!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 10:10:22 »

Interested in this as well! I hope has relatively similar dimensions to my HHKB's!

Comparing to other higher end aluminum cases it will most likely be a bit taller. I have a silver case from TaoBao (not high end at all) and I HAVE to use a wrist rest with it.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 10:15:25 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Would this be enough,mate?I'll try to shot more pictures.

HYPE!

The quality looks amazing. August can not come soon enough!

Although, the absence of a split right shift on this particular board hurts my brain.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 10:38:29 »

Comparing to other higher end aluminum cases it will most likely be a bit taller. I have a silver case from TaoBao (not high end at all) and I HAVE to use a wrist rest with it.

The angle should be the same as the HHKB! It looks great!
PS: If there's pics of the diffuser with it that would be awesome.  :p