Author Topic: [GB] Cherry MX switches Silver, Silence Red, Clear and Gray UPDATE : All sent :)  (Read 35560 times)

Offline Tobi45

I ordered from Sennin several times and never had problems with customs in Germany.

Offline Targa-TV

For Europe custom, most of they are really bothersome.
They charge tax for a bag of cloth that I send to my girlfriend for daily use...
Although I claim only $50 USD
From company to customers:
From 0 to 22€ for small package you have a very low percentage that customs will open the package and charge you.
From 22€ to 150€ and for relatively large packages you have a high percentage that they will open it and charge VAT and handling, depending on country of destination, in Italy it's 22%.
Over 150€ they open and inspect the package and there's an additional tax which in English I think it's called duty and varies depending on the content of the package.

From person to person internationally:
From 0 to 45€ for small package there's a low percentage that they will open the package, and there's no tax.
Over 45€ is the same as from vendors to customers.

So either way you have to pay at least the VAT of the country of destination which in many European countries is above 20% value.
Filco MJ2 Black - MX Red | VA88M - MX Brown | Cherry G80-3000 -
  MX Blue | Cherry G80-3000 - MX Black | XD75re - MX Silent Red

[image]http://i.imgur.com/our8YUc.png[/image]

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Are you sending them as 'gifts'?

For some countries, we can claim them as gift.
But for some, we can only claim as sample :(

Offline Spaceman1200

Aw man, i missed it :(

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
Update 2017/5/4 :
Silent Red is not enough...
So some of orders include Silent red will delay

I only placed an order so I wouldn't have to wait long for these since they were shipping a few days after I placed the order. How long is the delay exactly and can I just refund since I'm not interested in waiting more than a few weeks?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Update 2017/5/4 :

I only placed an order so I wouldn't have to wait long for these since they were shipping a few days after I placed the order. How long is the delay exactly and can I just refund since I'm not interested in waiting more than a few weeks?

Could you tell us your mail address or order #?
We can check if your order will delay tomorrow :)

Offline laughatpain

Figure since I submitted my order for silent reds in the extend period my shipment will be delayed. No problem, just happy to have snuck my order in past the deadline. Maybe this justifies the demand for PCB mounted silent reds/blacks next time. There is hope!!

Offline Giorgio

Figure since I submitted my order for silent reds in the extend period my shipment will be delayed. No problem, just happy to have snuck my order in past the deadline. Maybe this justifies the demand for PCB mounted silent reds/blacks next time. There is hope!!

Yes please. PCB is the way to go.

Offline Targa-TV

Just swap the springs and stems into PCB mounted switch bottoms.
BTW I'm tempted to grab some vintage Blacks from ebay and treating myself to some ghetto vintage Silent Blacks.
I also can't wait for these to arrive so I can start to build my PCB mounted board so I can put the Silent Red's stems into different springs and try them out.
I'm glad I was around for this GB.

Offline wholypantalones

Update 2017/5/4 :

Could you tell us your mail address or order #?
We can check if your order will delay tomorrow :)

Pm sent with email address.

Offline laughatpain

Just swap the springs and stems into PCB mounted switch bottoms.
BTW I'm tempted to grab some vintage Blacks from ebay and treating myself to some ghetto vintage Silent Blacks.
I also can't wait for these to arrive so I can start to build my PCB mounted board so I can put the Silent Red's stems into different springs and try them out.
I'm glad I was around for this GB.

The silence comes from the stem, so if you swap vintage blacks into the silent red housing, you dont get the same silent black effect

Offline Targa-TV

The silence comes from the stem, so if you swap vintage blacks into the silent red housing, you dont get the same silent black effect
But I won't put black stems into silent housings, I'll put the Silent stems into Black springs. The housing can be random, as long as it's cherry PCB mount.

Offline Giorgio

But I won't put black stems into silent housings, I'll put the Silent stems into Black springs. The housing can be random, as long as it's cherry PCB mount.

Yet I don't understand why you need vintage blacks if you only need the springs :-)

Offline Atredl

Super impressed at how quickly this GB is going. Just received my shipping notification, so it won't be long until they arrive!  ;D

Offline Targa-TV

Yet I don't understand why you need vintage blacks if you only need the springs :-)
Because they say that they are extremely smooth.
Since lubing switches is a time-consuming and precision-heavy work, and I need to buy a batch of PCB mounted switches anyway, if I can find some already-buttery-smooth Blacks for the same price of brand new Blacks, I'm going to save myself the time and effort to lube them.
I'm new to mech boards so maybe this is the wrong solution.
I'm planning to put together a keyboard with PCB mounted Cherry switches. They must be: linear, dampened on the downstroke and upstroke, some light and some heavy, and not scratchy in feeling. And what I came up is this. I'm open to suggestions.

Offline Giorgio

Because they say that they are extremely smooth.
Since lubing switches is a time-consuming and precision-heavy work, and I need to buy a batch of PCB mounted switches anyway, if I can find some already-buttery-smooth Blacks for the same price of brand new Blacks, I'm going to save myself the time and effort to lube them.
I'm new to mech boards so maybe this is the wrong solution.
I'm planning to put together a keyboard with PCB mounted Cherry switches. They must be: linear, dampened on the downstroke and upstroke, some light and some heavy, and not scratchy in feeling. And what I came up is this. I'm open to suggestions.

The stem is what makes the switch smooth. To prove that, I put a smooth cherry stem (the new ones, made with the new mold), inside an old cherry housing. The result is that the new stems are smooth also in the new housing. So you don't need vintage blacks, just buy the most recent cherry switches, they're already smooth without lubing..

Offline Targa-TV

The stem is what makes the switch smooth. To prove that, I put a smooth cherry stem (the new ones, made with the new mold), inside an old cherry housing. The result is that the new stems are smooth also in the new housing. So you don't need vintage blacks, just buy the most recent cherry switches, they're already smooth without lubing..
I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.
So that's what you were saying in the new mold thread, I was convinced it was because of the spring and didn't see the reason to focus on the stems.

But how do I know that I'm buying the new stem from whatever mkb seller online apart from asking them and trusting their word? Or is there a surer way to buy the new stems that I'm too uninformed to know?

Offline Giorgio

I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.
So that's what you were saying in the new mold thread, I was convinced it was because of the spring and didn't see the reason to focus on the stems.

But how do I know that I'm buying the new stem from whatever mkb seller online apart from asking them and trusting their word? Or is there a surer way to buy the new stems that I'm too uninformed to know?

You can ask for a picture, we'll evaluate them for you.
This thread contains all the info:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88031.0;all
There are already some merchants who are selling the new switches.

Offline Jumie

Wow.. got email for shipping notification. Is it for real?

Offline Giorgio

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
The new IC we promised for switches not in this GB is here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89354.0

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Wow.. got email for shipping notification. Is it for real?

Yes @@
Sure, I think we didn't click shipping for delayed order by accident.

Offline laughatpain

Any idea on the time line for delayed silent reds? I prefer pcb mount and if the delay length is close to the next GB I would be fine switching or refunding and repurchasing at a later date

Offline Targa-TV

We ordered too many XD

Are the switches of the new incoming batch PCB or plate mount?

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Any idea on the time line for delayed silent reds? I prefer pcb mount and if the delay length is close to the next GB I would be fine switching or refunding and repurchasing at a later date

Have to confirm next week.
And for Silence red, will still plate mounted.

We ordered too many XD

Are the switches of the new incoming batch PCB or plate mount?

It base on representative's order.
We can't decide now.
PCB mounted will be rarer.

DIY community is tiny compare to whole mech keyboard market.
Representative of Cherry here is mainly supply those factories.
Normally has only few PCB orders, and the leading time will be much longer than plate mounted.

Offline Targa-TV

It base on representative's order.
We can't decide now.
PCB mounted will be rarer.

DIY community is tiny compare to whole mech keyboard market.
Representative of Cherry here is mainly supply those factories.
Normally has only few PCB orders, and the leading time will be much longer than plate mounted.

I see. Well I'm still glad I had the opportunity to order these so I can go DIY in style.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Hey, Sennin.

Sent you an PM here regarding my order. Thanks. :)
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline wholypantalones

Can someone point me to the service used to track the number I got please? I googled, but to no avail.

Offline TheNamesTy45

Can someone point me to the service used to track the number I got please? I googled, but to no avail.

Same here.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Did you guys put the number in USPS?

Alternatively try 17track.net

Offline Targa-TV

Same here.
It takes 2-3 days for tracking to go online usually. Say that the package has been in the courier's office for the weekend, it should be on the road in the next few days depending on priority and THEN the code would start registering movement.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???

Wow orders have shipped out already? That's quicker than I expected!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Some ship by post office, some by DGM.
Packs ship by DGM has to select DHL e-commerce in 17track :)

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio

Wow orders have shipped out already? That's quicker than I expected!

Yes, shipped.
We've prepare this order for almost 1 month O_Q
Really slow after they change new sales.

Offline sennin32

• * Vendor
    • Doyu Studio
Tragedy!!!
Just contacted sales.
Plated mounted silence might not enough.
We have to order RGB ver instead.
SHe'll send me more info in next few days.
And we'll send mail to guys ordered but not yet shipped after confirm.

Offline Giorgio

Tragedy!!!
Just contacted sales.
SHe'll send me more info in next few days.
And we'll send mail to guys ordered but not yet shipped after confirm.

Do you mean CHERRY MX SILENT RGB RED?

Offline Targa-TV

Tragedy!!!
Just contacted sales.

Do you mean CHERRY MX SILENT RGB RED?

For those who care about backlight "tragedy" is not the correct word. XD

Offline losthumans

Is there any way to find out if we're one of the delayed orders? I guess if we haven't received a tracking num yet? I only ordered silents so guessing mine will be delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tonykwon79

2nd round GB is highly required!!!!!

Offline TheNamesTy45

I'm able to track my order from here https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

Offline Atredl

For tacking I like to use ParcelTrack on iOS not sure if it's also available on android though. You can use it to track almost any shipment

Offline losthumans

Is there any way to find out if we're one of the delayed orders? I guess if we haven't received a tracking num yet? I only ordered silents so guessing mine will be delayed.

Tap tap is this thing on?

Offline Atredl

Pretty safe assumption to make. If you haven't gotten a tracking number it's probably delayed.

Offline losthumans

Pretty safe assumption to make. If you haven't gotten a tracking number it's probably delayed.
Thank you yea I figured, did they give any indication as to when the delayed orders would ship?

Offline afrokobe

how did you guys receive tracking? I ordered a few sets of silent reds, but I don't think I have received tracking yet. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
how did you guys receive tracking? I ordered a few sets of silent reds, but I don't think I have received tracking yet. 

I received an email.

Offline Targa-TV

I received an email.
I didn't. I logged in Doyustudio's website and my order had a tracking number.

Offline Nuum

Since I didn't get a tracking number I assume that my Silent Reds are also delayed. For how long will they be delayed?

Offline Atredl

Thank you yea I figured, did they give any indication as to when the delayed orders would ship?

Mine was one of the ones that shipped :-X I have my tracking number

Offline wholypantalones

I'm able to track my order from here https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

Bingo. Thanks.