Author Topic: Personal Challenges  (Read 10257 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: Personal Challenges
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 08:36:39 »
How do you distinguish 'challenge' from 'daily routine of learning something and going to the gym'? (add in 'learning English' for my pitiful self)

I've attempted to teach myself things with online resources in the past. The challenge was to do a little bit every day for X amount of months. The goal was for it to become a daily routine for X amount of years. Then the idea of creating a routine bled into other aspects of my life like health. English is on my list of things too haha

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 10:18:41 »
How do you distinguish 'challenge' from 'daily routine of learning something and going to the gym'? (add in 'learning English' for my pitiful self)

I guess a challenge has to be challenging. Which in turn is gonna be subjective. And once your challenge becomes routine you need to adjust your challenge.

Offline iri

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 10:37:12 »
And once your challenge becomes routine you need to adjust your challenge.
Looks like I'm on the right track then.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 10:50:58 »
And once your challenge becomes routine you need to adjust your challenge.
Looks like I'm on the right track then.

Yep

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 17:08:21 »
Relevent zombie bump.

It's been a year-ish. Read a few books, yelled at the montior, gave up on Python (-v), started with C, and did some other stuff. Horrible dotfiles were finally uploaded. Hooray, I guess.

Relevent zombie link(s): github  or gitlab