Author Topic: [GB] BananaSplit60 Orders Shipping Out 7/27! Shipping 100% Complete  (Read 106276 times)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
Re: [GB] BananaSplit60 GroupBuy Closed
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 19:34:53 »
My acrylic case from MD came in. The ghetto underglow looks fantastic! https://imgur.com/a/cPWbm

is that saran wrap on your cable? please explain :)

I haven't fully unwrapped it xD

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 19:35:59 »
My acrylic case from MD came in. The ghetto underglow looks fantastic! https://imgur.com/a/cPWbm

Very nice!  How many LEDs did you use, and where did you situate them?

I went about every other switch around the perimeter. More wouldn't hurt

Offline ctrl

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 01:20:34 »

Now that is pretty! With ghetto underglow, would there be any difficulties fitting the board to the case?

Offline iFreilicht

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 08:13:24 »
Looks pretty great!

is that saran wrap on your cable? please explain :)

I think the cable is coiled there, maybe evan plans to resell that cable or hasn't fully unpacked it yet.
Sentraq S60-X, dyed blank PBT keycaps, Gateron Browns

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 12:34:42 »

Now that is pretty! With ghetto underglow, would there be any difficulties fitting the board to the case?

There shouldn't be any clearance issues if you setup the leds flush to the pcb, they can even protrude a little since you have leadway with the board stand offs.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 03:26:19 »

There shouldn't be any clearance issues if you setup the leds flush to the pcb, they can even protrude a little since you have leadway with the board stand offs.

Sounds great! Really interested in trying this.

I read earlier there was mention of a (retro?) case as well. Any word on how that's progressing?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 22:31:23 »

I read earlier there was mention of a (retro?) case as well. Any word on how that's progressing?

The only clearance issue would be with the bottom of the case. This didn't fit quite right in my Tex case but had no issues with the acrylic case. The Retro60 case is in the prototyping phase right now. Hopefully have more to share soon

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 23:22:04 »
Keyclack.com currently has a group buy going for pretty nice universal plate made out of brass: https://keyclack.com/groupbuy/universal60brassplate

Offline ctrl

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 05:14:28 »

The only clearance issue would be with the bottom of the case. This didn't fit quite right in my Tex case but had no issues with the acrylic case. The Retro60 case is in the prototyping phase right now. Hopefully have more to share soon

Thanks! Will keep that in mind. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about the Retro60!

Offline ctrl

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 05:16:50 »
Keyclack.com currently has a group buy going for pretty nice universal plate made out of brass: https://keyclack.com/groupbuy/universal60brassplate

Now that would look good with GMK Nautilus! Will it support bottom right arrow cluster? From the looks of the plate, I'd say it seems like it, but it's not included in the layout chart.

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 11:22:31 »

Now that would look good with GMK Nautilus! Will it support bottom right arrow cluster? From the looks of the plate, I'd say it seems like it, but it's not included in the layout chart.

If you look at the last picture in the page, there is a pic of the supported layouts. It includes the arrows but only in this layout:
172095-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 July 2017, 11:25:18 by KevlarBear »

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:59:40 »

The plate layout wise looks almost identical to mine, that should work and support all the bananasplit options. But if you are patient I can almost guarantee that for the 2nd round we can offer a much cheaper brass plate alternative.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 14:02:49 »

If you look at the last picture in the page, there is a pic of the supported layouts. It includes the arrows but only in this layout:
(Attachment Link)

Could you clarify? Because the pcb and plate both support the traditional arrow layout and the L arrow layout.

Offline Auk

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 14:10:02 »
...if you are patient I can almost guarantee that for the 2nd round we can offer a much cheaper brass plate alternative.

That would be a great option for a later round. Would you be able to have the PVD coat and mirror shininess like Keyclack's plate?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 20:29:03 »
...if you are patient I can almost guarantee that for the 2nd round we can offer a much cheaper brass plate alternative.

That would be a great option for a later round. Would you be able to have the PVD coat and mirror shininess like Keyclack's plate?
I'll look into it :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 22:55:31 »

(Attachment Link)

Could you clarify? Because the pcb and plate both support the traditional arrow layout and the L arrow layout.

I am just going by the layout pictures that are on Keyclack.
172207-0

By layout pics alone, it seems this configuration is not supported
172209-1

But looking at the render on Keyclack and the picture of the actual steel plate they look pretty much identical

Offline ctrl

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 01:41:43 »

The plate layout wise looks almost identical to mine, that should work and support all the bananasplit options. But if you are patient I can almost guarantee that for the 2nd round we can offer a much cheaper brass plate alternative.

Sounds great!! ;D

I think a brass plate will look amazing with the BananaSplit. Second PVD coat and mirror shine for R2.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 06:50:57 »
Was checking out KBDFans new Tina and under supported layouts it shows a split spacebar config. Are they saying just that the case supports a split or can you actually build a split with the PCB they're providing?

https://kbdfans.cn/collections/keyboard/products/tina-keyboard-60?variant=40098418765

Offline atsession

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 11:26:14 »
But looking at the render on Keyclack and the picture of the actual steel plate they look pretty much identical

Man, I came here just to post this brass plate too, but you beat me too it.  Agreed this will look fantastic on nautilus.  I'm in for the split 60 and this brass plate...
But now where to get a polished brass high pro 60% case amirite?
I'd settle for Blue or even Champagne...

Offline atsession

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 13:55:48 »
Was checking out KBDFans new Tina and under supported layouts it shows a split spacebar config. Are they saying just that the case supports a split or can you actually build a split with the PCB they're providing?

https://kbdfans.cn/collections/keyboard/products/tina-keyboard-60?variant=40098418765

I'd guess that the top plate from the Tina supports the split spacebar config.  Look at the amount of holes on the pcb and top plate... compare it to say a Zeal 60 PCB--much less bottom row switch holes in that.  Same goes for the typical 60% plates you see, most have those obvious stabilizer slots, nothing like the long spaces included in the middle of the Tina top plate.  This looks pretty similar to the banana split 60 if you ask me.

Just read some reddit posts about the Tina.  It sounds like the intent of this board was to really cater to the HHKB layout fans, as the TinaA and TinaC block out some of the left and right sides bottom row.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 July 2017, 14:10:19 by atsession »

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:52:21 »
Plates could potentially be ready to ship by tomorrow, if not by the end of this week. Stay posted for some pictures sometime next week  :thumb:

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:01:29 »
Plates could potentially be ready to ship by tomorrow, if not by the end of this week. Stay posted for some pictures sometime next week  :thumb:

Whoa! That's awesome, so still on track for kit shipping end of July?:-)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:13:14 »

Whoa! That's awesome, so still on track for kit shipping end of July?:-)

Yup!

Offline donut_sauce

Re: [GB] BananaSplit 60 GroupBuy Live at the vankeyboards.com!
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 21:12:49 »
i'm so excited about this!!! what kind of switches are everyone planning on using?

that makes the two of us  ;D I'm planning on using Gat Black/Yellow on my builds.. maybe Silent Blacks if I can get my hands on some of them.

that sounds fun! i'm not too familiar with those switches. i like the idea of mixing switches.

so far i have a boards with mx blues, 45g topres, and 67g zealios. excited to try something new but not sure what should be next on my list.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Re: [GB] BananaSplit 60 GroupBuy Live at the vankeyboards.com!
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 23:00:47 »
i'm so excited about this!!! what kind of switches are everyone planning on using?

that makes the two of us  ;D I'm planning on using Gat Black/Yellow on my builds.. maybe Silent Blacks if I can get my hands on some of them.

that sounds fun! i'm not too familiar with those switches. i like the idea of mixing switches.

so far i have a boards with mx blues, 45g topres, and 67g zealios. excited to try something new but not sure what should be next on my list.

You should get some linears but I'm extremely bias, I have a slight addiction when it comes to them.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 23:05:44 »
any linears you'd recommend?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 23:07:08 »
any linears you'd recommend?

Any gaterons would be great, yellows are probably my favorite stock switch.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 21:44:25 »
Production is going as planned, the plates have been all cut. Currently they are being finished and will be shipped out to us on Wednesday.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Re: [GB] BananaSplit60 - Plates Have Been Shipped!
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 13:01:16 »
The order for the plates was completed last night, and they will be shipped today. Expect some pictures of the plates sometime next week.  :thumb:

Offline menuhin

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 10:51:58 »
Great! :D

Is I have some specific shipping instruction, to whom I should forward these requests?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 11:19:57 »
Great! :D

Is I have some specific shipping instruction, to whom I should forward these requests?
Email evan at thevankeyboards@gmail for specific instructions :D

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:40:39 »
The Plates came in yesterday and look real nice.

I will take some more photos tonight

Offline Cotay

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 01:45:05 »
The Plates came in yesterday and look real nice.

Show Image

I will take some more photos tonight

That looks great! Definitely post more pics when you get a chance.

Offline iFreilicht

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:30:38 »
Hows the PCB looking?
Sentraq S60-X, dyed blank PBT keycaps, Gateron Browns

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 12:05:56 »
Hows the PCB looking?

supposed to ship on the 24th with 2 day shipping. which sets us up perfectly for shipping out through the end of July. Everything else is on hand save for a few more shipping boxes.

Offline 8megabit

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 20:05:28 »
Hows the PCB looking?

supposed to ship on the 24th with 2 day shipping. which sets us up perfectly for shipping out through the end of July. Everything else is on hand save for a few more shipping boxes.
Nice! How long do you think shipping to Sweden will be?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 21:22:51 »
1-4 weeks customs is the biggest question

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 11:53:03 »
Evan should be getting the pcb's tonight and said he would start shipping orders. Expect some pictures  :thumb:

Offline Cotay

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 13:21:06 »
Evan should be getting the pcb's tonight and said he would start shipping orders. Expect some pictures  :thumb:

Great news! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline menuhin

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 13:38:17 »
This may well be my first custom keyboard that I will actually complete.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 16:00:18 »
This may well be my first custom keyboard that I will actually complete.
I love hearing that, glad to hear you chose our kit. You will like it a lot :D

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 19:56:57 »
Hey everyone the PCB's have arrived, here are some pictures. Evan is planning on packing some orders tonight and start the shipping process. Thank you everyone for joining this groupbuy, it means so much to see it come to life. I am almost certain you will all enjoy your new boards.  :thumb:

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 23:18:05 »
got one put together tonight with box whites just to make sure everything is perfect.  :thumb:

Kits will start shipping tomorrow!

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 07:00:48 »
So excited! Those look like they came out great. With this, the Alps64 I'm building, and all the other projects I have going on, I don't know if I can handle it all haha. This is going to be a great board and I can't wait to put mine together.

Offline lac29

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 08:35:32 »
Are there any extra kits that can be bought?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 10:24:54 »

They've said that those will be posted in the store once the buy is over and orders fulfilled.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 10:43:50 »

They've said that those will be posted in the store once the buy is over and orders fulfilled.

This, and there won't be many. So you'll have to be quick.

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 11:31:46 »

I actually already bought one during the GB, but might want another... will there be a newsletter email stating when extras are up for sale in the shop?

Offline yokken

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 15:08:34 »

I actually already bought one during the GB, but might want another... will there be a newsletter email stating when extras are up for sale in the shop?

Shoot me a PM.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 11:04:38 »

there will be an email from TheVan Keyboards newsletter stating that extras are available and how to get them, when the time comes.