Author Topic: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad [Completed] *UPDATE* PCBs and R2 plan  (Read 188564 times)

Offline Petch

Re: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad - Orders Closed
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 08:59:56 »
No idea on switches yet, I have about 5 different unopened bags to pick from. Would like to try those Input Club Halo switches if they become available to order.

I think this will be my first 7U spacebar board. Not sure why, just want to try it.

Screw-in stabs if they fit (should probably have checked if they do beforehand)

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 09:05:33 »
No idea on switches yet, I have about 5 different unopened bags to pick from. Would like to try those Input Club Halo switches if they become available to order.

I think this will be my first 7U spacebar board. Not sure why, just want to try it.

Screw-in stabs if they fit (should probably have checked if they do beforehand)

I have some screw in stabs around I'll test fitment out today, a plastic washer will be needed with some configurations to stop shorting.

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:46:56 »
Paid but still uncertain about the color :/

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 12:35:12 »

Dude you can't go wrong with silver. Ever.
keyboards.

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 15:34:57 »

I know... but that cobalt/blue....

Offline Anakey

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 17:49:31 »
handwired alps, going to see if i can get some alps to mx adaptors of mech market, i'm going to exhaust all possibilities before buying new recently price inflated ones from shapeways but with the delay on Canvas it should give me time to sort something out as they are not nessessary for building the board

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 17:58:19 »

I know... but that cobalt/blue....

I know. I wanted Pantone, somehow selected orange... got that fixed with the GB runner earlier and now I'm thinking of Nautilus and solarised dark on that cobalt fjell case....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline forumusername

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 21:18:17 »
Paid invoice this evening and saving ~$10 USD by having visa convert the currency instead of paypal (no transaction fee on the credit card I used). 

As for the debate on color: I chose black and really wish I had also gotten silver.

OP any chance that I can add another order this late xD

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 23:24:28 »
Paid invoice this evening and saving ~$10 USD by having visa convert the currency instead of paypal (no transaction fee on the credit card I used). 

As for the debate on color: I chose black and really wish I had also gotten silver.

OP any chance that I can add another order this late xD

I am away today so won't be able to make any changes today, send me a message on GH stating your username on the form and the change you want to the order.

Offline DuFF

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 02:59:29 »
paid!

will probably use the 67g zealios + zeal stabs i have laying around and use gmk nautilus, hoping the grey bottom + blue top looks good  :thumb:

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 03:01:24 »
I'm thinking of trying out some of the kaihl switches on this board but will likely use holtites to make it easy to swap if needed

Offline Petch

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 03:31:11 »
paid!

will probably use the 67g zealios + zeal stabs i have laying around and use gmk nautilus, hoping the grey bottom + blue top looks good  :thumb:

Should look really good with nautilus, just a shame you'll be waiting a while for it. I'm undecided between dark solarized and nautilus for my full blue board

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 08:22:30 »
Reminder to those that have not paid the invoice that I need to have the payment in by midnight Saturday BST, I don't know what time Paypal sets as the cutoff so I suggest paying as soon as possible.

Thanks

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 11:51:05 »
12 unpaid still. You can sent a payment reminder through PayPal to those people. Will trigger a new email/ notification. Probably worthwhile.
keyboards.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 11:52:47 »
12 unpaid still. You can sent a payment reminder through PayPal to those people. Will trigger a new email/ notification. Probably worthwhile.

Already done.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 08:45:50 »
It seems two guys didn't get their invoices: Barcode and PeteToungue.

Offline clickstops

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 09:33:42 »
Paid! Sorry for bringing it down to the last day -- had a calendar alarm set for today.

Super excited. Endgame alps board for me. Thanks for the alps support!

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 12:43:08 »
Reminder to those that have not paid the invoice that I need to have the payment in by midnight Saturday BST, I don't know what time Paypal sets as the cutoff so I suggest paying as soon as possible.

Thanks

Rozakiin - super excited for this board, it's end-game layout for me (will make me sell my CPSQ). Any chance there might be a slight possibility of maybe possibly having maybe some other anodize/color options? After seeing all those TGR 910s with that beautiful pink bottom case - I'm tempting to maybe do something a little less traditional for this board!

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 13:31:13 »

Thanks

Rozakiin - super excited for this board, it's end-game layout for me (will make me sell my CPSQ). Any chance there might be a slight possibility of maybe possibly having maybe some other anodize/color options? After seeing all those TGR 910s with that beautiful pink bottom case - I'm tempting to maybe do something a little less traditional for this board!

As much as I would love to say yes, I don't want to delay production of the cases while I sort out custom colours, your best bet would be to change your colour to silver and have it anodised at a local company.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 13:57:46 »
It seems two guys didn't get their invoices: Barcode and PeteToungue.

They only just ordered as they were taking cancelled spots, I have invoiced them now.

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 11:20:09 »
I have some screw in stabs around I'll test fitment out today, a plastic washer will be needed with some configurations to stop shorting.
Did the screw in stabs fit well when you tested them? I'm starting to shop around for stabilizers and switches so I was curious about this as well.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 11:39:05 »
Did the screw in stabs fit well when you tested them? I'm starting to shop around for stabilizers and switches so I was curious about this as well.

Yes screw-in stabs work with some needing a plastic washer or some sort of insulation due to unused pads being underneath the screw.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:40:33 »
Update regarding PayPal Funds:

As of 10am BST 11/07/17 The Funds in my account were put on hold until I submitted proof of delivery for each of the orders received. I called PayPal to explain the Group Buy situation and I now must wait 21days for the funds to be released. Your money is safe and I am currently looking into gathering personal funds to float so I can start the manufacture of the parts now rather than in 21days.

I am sorry for the potential delay in the group buy but there is nothing I can do to speed up the release of the funds.
Next update will be to say if I have been able to gather the float or not.

Rozakiin

« Last Edit: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:46:41 by rozakiin »

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:48:00 »
Thanks for the update. Is there any way we can help with the PayPal situation, as the money came from us?
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:53:03 »
Thanks for the update. Is there any way we can help with the PayPal situation, as the money came from us?

Nothing really can help release the funds early and I don't want to ask for people to float money. I fell into the same situation that  donutcat_cables ran into with GMK Coniferous. It is a frustrating situation.

Offline Petch

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 05:59:55 »
It sucks, but you don't need to go out of your way by getting loans or anything to float the money - delays are pretty much expected anyway

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 06:07:47 »

As of 10am BST 11/07/17 The Funds in my account were put on hold until I submitted proof of delivery for each of the orders received. I called PayPal to explain the Group Buy situation and I now must wait 21days for the funds to be released. Your money is safe and I am currently looking into gathering personal funds to float so I can start the manufacture of the parts now rather than in 21days.

I am sorry for the potential delay in the group buy but there is nothing I can do to speed up the release of the funds.

Rozakiin

Did you also call them before you started the GB or only after the funds were frozen?

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 06:12:03 »

Rozakiin

Did you also call them before you started the GB or only after the funds were frozen?

I had contacted them weeks before the Group Buy to inform them but I got no useful response at the time.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 06:12:31 »
It sucks, but you don't need to go out of your way by getting loans or anything to float the money - delays are pretty much expected anyway

I currently can get production of everything except the case and feet started now. PCBs have a lead time of 3 weeks so I would like to start manufacture of those asap.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 06:35:22 »
Sorry to hear about that. No worries though; it's not the first time I've seen this happen. Same thing happened in the Exent GB.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 06:41:52 »

I had contacted them weeks before the Group Buy to inform them but I got no useful response at the time.

That's sad. It seems to be the norm now that stuff on PayPal just gets frozen.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 07:57:04 »

That's sad. It seems to be the norm now that stuff on PayPal just gets frozen.

I assume it's part of their fraud practices, which I understand, but surely a lot of GB's go through Paypal? They should be understanding in these circumstances rather than hindering... maybe we should just use bitcoin next time /s

Offline SBN

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 07:20:02 »
Too bad that PayPal holds the money...but like Petch sad, don't go through too much trouble to solve this quicker. Delays just let us enjoy the anticipation longer...  ;)

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
Re: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad (Starts 18 June)
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 11:19:58 »
12/07/17 - PCBs and Plates have been ordered to help reduce the delay, once the PayPal funds are released the cases are expected to be delivered last week of August.

Offline DuFF

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:50:46 »
can't change paypal policies, seems like this is happening a lot more frequently now.

They should be understanding in these circumstances rather than hindering... maybe we should just use bitcoin next time /s

from what i understand about bitcoin it wouldn't be any more secure for the buyer than a normal bank wire transfer in which we probably could avoid the issues too.
also bitcoin would be a bit of a gamble and could cause issues with it dropping by 200$ or more for 1 bitcoin in just 1 day (if unlucky), which would result in not enough money for things to get produced.
it's certainly an option for bitcoin savvy folks but i wouldn't like using it as the only option personally.
maybe i'm wrong on that though.

12/07/17 - PCBs and Plates have been ordered to help reduce the delay, once the PayPal funds are released the cases are expected to be delivered last week of August.

thanks for speeding it up a bit as well as the frequent updates!  ;)

« Last Edit: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:53:20 by DuFF »

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:51:25 »
That's my fault, my bad luck.
Canvas XDA -- delayed.
Planck Canvas XDA -- delayed
Planck kit -- delayed
DSA Lightcycle -- delayed by SP.
Tada68 from TaoBao -- 2nd month en route.
And I still don't know whats up with SP SA Strong Spirit and dev/tty.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:56:28 »

They should be understanding in these circumstances rather than hindering... maybe we should just use bitcoin next time /s

from what i understand about bitcoin it wouldn't be any more secure for the buyer than a normal bank wire transfer in which we probably could avoid the issues too.
also bitcoin would be a bit of a gamble and could cause issues with it dropping by 200$ or more for 1 bitcoin in just 1 day (if unlucky), which would result in not enough money for things to get produced.
it's certainly an option for bitcoin savvy folks but i wouldn't like using it as the only option personally.
maybe i'm wrong on that though.

I was being sarcastic really dude :) I think Paypal is great for this but perhaps they could have a GB notification system or similar.

Offline DuFF

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 13:00:53 »
I was being sarcastic really dude :) I think Paypal is great for this but perhaps they could have a GB notification system or similar.

oh, i would actually jump on alot of different payment options if it was decently secure. i dont like paypal that much personally.
also my sarcasm detector wasn't up to par on that one  :p

That's my fault, my bad luck.
Canvas XDA -- delayed.
Planck Canvas XDA -- delayed
Planck kit -- delayed
DSA Lightcycle -- delayed by SP.
Tada68 from TaoBao -- 2nd month en route.
And I still don't know whats up with SP SA Strong Spirit and dev/tty.

seems like we got the one who is responsible for all of this! get the forks! :))

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
Re: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad (Starts 18 June)
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 08:54:31 »
14/07/17 - Cases have been ordered, please do not request refunds through PayPal now as this comes out of my money now, if you wish to sell your spot contact me through GeekHack PMs.

Offline ectoplasmatic

Re: [GB] UK78 - 60%+Numpad - Order Placed
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 16:30:08 »
Thats amazing Roz - you were able to go ahead with the case order without too much delay! Thanks for all your hard work. Really excited for this one.

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 17:03:36 »
Thats amazing Roz - you were able to go ahead with the case order without too much delay! Thanks for all your hard work. Really excited for this one.

Thanks, I am aiming to have the boards ready to ship 14th-21st August.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 17:13:56 »
Thanks for the update! Shame you had to pool in your own money to get things going faster, though.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 17:16:34 »
Thanks for the update! Shame you had to pool in your own money to get things going faster, though.

I will be looking into other services that cater better for group buy models for future projects as currently it is not sustainable and I'd love to do more buys.

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 21:27:15 »
Let us know how we can be of help - sorry you got screwed with the paypal issues!

Offline SBN

« Reply #194 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 05:42:28 »
Thanks for stepping in with your own money to make this happen faster! I hope you get the PayPal issue resolved and won't be left with an offset!!

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 08:44:38 »
Thumbs up for such dedication.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #196 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 09:14:31 »
Excellent!! Def looking forwards to receiving it now :)

Offline longnt

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 03:10:42 »
Hi rozakiin,

Can you tell me the size of UK78?

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 04:03:11 »
Hi rozakiin,

383mm x 118mm x 35mm at its largest including feet.

Offline longnt

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 04:48:07 »
Hi rozakiin,

383mm x 118mm x 35mm at its largest including feet.

Thankyou  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: