Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Shipping  (Read 248351 times)

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - GB Open
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 04:26:05 »
Just curious, whats the point of having an EXTRA pcb? Isn't one enough? :D

Just imaging, you are sitting there with your 600 USD board, you about to solder, but your iron is too hot and then and then.. you have this other awesome set of switches you paid 1.3 USD per switch for, but you want to use them on your board but then your have soldered everything. your thumb and desolder pump works only on a couple of switches   Ah it hits you, you just take your second plate and PCB. wupti - you have a new experience on your 600 + USD, KB.  :p

Offline Philrulesworld

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Free Color Combo - GB Open
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 06:34:17 »

Correct. I'm On my way home now. Will start to send out invoice tomorrow.

This is really good to hear! Thanks dude!

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:15:59 »
Guys, I'm back! Invoice will start to go out soon. btw, there's a pic of brass and SS logo

http://imgur.com/a/52uAv
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:17:19 »
Guys, I'm back! Invoice will start to go out soon. btw, there's a pic of brass and SS logo. It's for Chinese batch therefore different design.

OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:31:45 »
Guys, I'm back! Invoice will start to go out soon. btw, there's a pic of brass and SS logo

this isn't the logo from the first GB though is it?

I really like this one a lot... oh well... can't have everything ;)

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:33:31 »

it's the one EVE designed and used for CN GB.

Offline rioc

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 10:38:35 »

Any possibility I can have that logo in treated brass on my moon?

Sent from my sofa using lazy-stuff...

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 12:20:07 »

Sorry that is for CN GB only, let's keep things as easy as possible for EVE. We don't want to mess up your orders, do we?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 12:24:59 »

Sorry that is for CN GB only, let's keep things as easy as possible for EVE. We don't want to mess up your orders, do we?

Oh my goodness, I would seriously love the CN GB logo.  :'(

I'd even pay a little extra, as it looks amazing. That really fits the Moon theme.

Offline pon10

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 12:59:24 »
About to submit an order form - just checking that this does indeed support ISO enters, since the prototype plates don't...

From the last IC:

06-Apr-2017 Update 2:
I’ve got some great feedback from the community. And I’d like to add a few things to the prototype.

1.   The weight is not polished for the prototype, but will be for GB;
2.   See update 4 I’ll suggest Indents on the bottom case to be added for rubber feet;
3.   See update 4 At this point we are planning to use PCBs from the designer of ZZ96;
4.   ISO comptibility check;
5.   For GB we will provide as many color as possible. Different colors can be ordered for top and bottom cases as long as the MOQ for each color for either case is meet. The GB will also be available in China so most likely you’ll be fine;

But this would be EXTREMELY nice to have confirmed since its not listed in the OP. and alot of things have changed since the IC
From the OP:

Specifications:
Both WK and WKL layout available;
Supports ANSI and ISO enter;
Regular and stepped caps-lock supported;
TMK firmware, fully programmable PCB;
8 degree typing surface;

However I still wanted to make sure, seems odd to manufacture the prototypes without it. On a similar note, does this board support a short left shift (full ISO) as well? The prototype does not.

Last thing before you send out invoices, still need to have this confirmed? ( universal plate ) :) and more PCB info will also be great :) thanks for the info and update so far, colors etc.

Offline poolside

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Free Color Combo - Invoicing
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 18:37:53 »
I am in doubt. In that picture from the album:

Is the top case "Blue Magenta" color correctly labeled? The plate color is labeled "Violet Purple" whereas it looks pinkish, rather magenta-ish than purplish.
Shouldn't that be the other way around, violet/purple top and blue magenta plate?

Offline neralo

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 19:46:35 »

whoo its happening guys!

Quick question zzjayfree, when is the due date for invoice payment? Trying to make sure that this payment only appears on next month's credit card bill.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 21:19:28 »
Two questions.

- Is it possible to pick an ANSI only plate, like in the pictures?
- If we pay more, can we get that smexy CB Moon logo? <3

Regardless, thanks for your hard work Jay. Really excited for this board!

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 21:20:38 »

Show Image

Is the top case "Blue Magenta" color correctly labeled? The plate color is labeled "Violet Purple" whereas it looks pinkish, rather magenta-ish than purplish.
Shouldn't that be the other way around, violet/purple top and blue magenta plate?

Good point, I just thought about that myself. I chose that combo, so I'm wondering about this too. I would be bummed out with a Magenta board instead of that amazing purple.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:40:34 »

Show Image

Good point, I just thought about that myself. I chose that combo, so I'm wondering about this too. I would be bummed out with a Magenta board instead of that amazing purple.

Show Image

Basically the top is blue-ish purple and the plate pink-ish purple
I'd say the pic is pretty close to actual color, so if you are not sure about the color, please always go by the pics. I'm not good at naming the colors as English is my second language.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:52:07 »

whoo its happening guys!

Quick question zzjayfree, when is the due date for invoice payment? Trying to make sure that this payment only appears on next month's credit card bill.

All Invoices due two weeks upon recieve.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:55:05 »
Two questions.

- Is it possible to pick an ANSI only plate, like in the pictures?
- If we pay more, can we get that smexy CB Moon logo? <3

Regardless, thanks for your hard work Jay. Really excited for this board!

About to submit an order form - just checking that this does indeed support ISO enters, since the prototype plates don't...

From the last IC:

06-Apr-2017 Update 2:
I’ve got some great feedback from the community. And I’d like to add a few things to the prototype.

1.   The weight is not polished for the prototype, but will be for GB;
2.   See update 4 I’ll suggest Indents on the bottom case to be added for rubber feet;
3.   See update 4 At this point we are planning to use PCBs from the designer of ZZ96;
4.   ISO comptibility check;
5.   For GB we will provide as many color as possible. Different colors can be ordered for top and bottom cases as long as the MOQ for each color for either case is meet. The GB will also be available in China so most likely you’ll be fine;

But this would be EXTREMELY nice to have confirmed since its not listed in the OP. and alot of things have changed since the IC
From the OP:

Specifications:
Both WK and WKL layout available;
Supports ANSI and ISO enter;
Regular and stepped caps-lock supported;
TMK firmware, fully programmable PCB;
8 degree typing surface;

However I still wanted to make sure, seems odd to manufacture the prototypes without it. On a similar note, does this board support a short left shift (full ISO) as well? The prototype does not.

Last thing before you send out invoices, still need to have this confirmed? ( universal plate ) :) and more PCB info will also be great :) thanks for the info and update so far, colors etc.

I'd be getting pics of PCB and plate soon, I believe we will be using universal plate.

I have to say sorry to those who want a CN GB logo, let's keep things simple for EVE so no order will be messed up.

Offline neralo

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:03:44 »

whoo its happening guys!

All Invoices due two weeks upon recieve.

Awesome. Already paid though heh! Looking forward to it! Now to decide switches...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:18:01 »
Are the invoices still going out? Just double checking since I haven't receive my invoice yet, REALLY don't wanna miss out on this GB.
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline swangful

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:35:22 »
Are the invoices still going out? Just double checking since I haven't receive my invoice yet, REALLY don't wanna miss out on this GB.

I paid mine today. I think some issues with invoicing happened, but might want to verify with zzjayfree.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 15:49:28 »
PayPal finally decided not to give me grief anymore, you'll see an invoice if you have seen one soon.

Offline poolside

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 16:49:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

I'd say the pic is pretty close to actual color, so if you are not sure about the color, please always go by the pics. I'm not good at naming the colors as English is my second language.

Thanks. So, trusting the picture labels it should be "Blue Magenta" for the LA Lakers purple.  :)
I hope nothing will get mixed up during anodizing.

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 18:20:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks. So, trusting the picture labels it should be "Blue Magenta" for the LA Lakers purple.  :)
I hope nothing will get mixed up during anodizing.
****, now that you say that I want a purple one :(

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 22:59:02 »
Looks like PayPal has its daily limit for invoicing. So far, I've sent out 66 invoices. If you haven't received one, please be patient, payment is due two weeks after you received your invoice.

Thanks

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 22:59:53 »
Paid! Thanks  ^-^
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline rioc

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 09:08:04 »
paidd (the double-D is for the double dosage of pimpin' this board's got!)

(edit: I never felt my recent avatar was as matching to a comment as this... such cheese)

Offline pon10

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:20:15 »
Thanks for the invoice! I cant pay until i know the plate support full ISO functionality!?! and not only a ISO enter  :-*

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:17:44 »
Thanks for the invoice! I cant pay until i know the plate support full ISO functionality!?! and not only a ISO enter  :-*

I should have a pic of actual PCB and plate soon.

Offline pon10

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:34:35 »

I should have a pic of actual PCB and plate soon.

Awesome!!

Offline SBN

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 17:02:48 »
zzyjayfree did you send out all invoices already? Still didn't receive mine...

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 17:04:48 »
Apparently PayPal has a limit for invoicing daily. Not sure if it's based on dollar amount or total invoice numbers.. I sent out 34 on Sunday and 32 on Monday. I'll send out more tonight.

Offline SBN

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 17:46:56 »
Apparently PayPal has a limit for invoicing daily. Not sure if it's based on dollar amount or total invoice numbers.. I sent out 34 on Sunday and 32 on Monday. I'll send out more tonight.

Thx...looking forward to it...I guess...ok...maybe not! ;)

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 22:21:31 »
Thanks for the invoice zzyjayfree. But I thought we will have 2 weeks until the due date? Mine said the due date is today  :(
I need to delay the payment until first of August if it is possible  ;D

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 22:25:26 »
Ah just ignore the due date in invoice you have two weeks to pay

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 23:15:49 »
Hi guys, I've got a few updates for Moon.

1) Some of you guys might have received an update for your invoice with 2-3 bucks increase. The reason is PayPal actually used 4.4%+$0.3 for fee calculation, I invoiced as 3.9%+$0.3. Please see below screenshot as proof..

$567.43x0.044+$0.3=$25.6682  <--- that's some solid math right there!
I'm not gonna bother send another one if you've already paid yours. Consider it as a treat from EVE for early birds. A sip of beer would be nice, isn't it?
Sorry if it caused any confusion and inconvenience to you..

2) I've got pics of PCB and plates now: http://imgur.com/a/P1kLV
Note the plate in the pics is for Mira but Moon is using an identical one. I hope you can tell if the PCB supports the layout you want from the pics.
Edit: also note the PCB isn't final product.

3) Due to invoice update, I was only able to send out a few invoices today. However, they are all created and saved in PayPal, so I'll have them sent out as soon as PayPal allows me to do so.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 23:18:24 by zzyjayfree »

Offline rioc

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 00:57:44 »

1) Some of you guys might have received an update for your invoice with 2-3 bucks increase. The reason is PayPal actually used 4.4%+$0.3 for fee calculation, I invoiced as 3.9%+$0.3. Please see below screenshot as proof..
Show Image

I'm not gonna bother send another one if you've already paid yours. Consider it as a treat from EVE for early birds. A sip of beer would be nice, isn't it?

Note the plate in the pics is for Mira but Moon is using an identical one. I hope you can tell if the PCB supports the layout you want from the pics.

3) Due to invoice update, I was only able to send out a few invoices today. However, they are all created and saved in PayPal, so I'll have them sent out as soon as PayPal allows me to do so.

Yess, ISO Moon confirmed :)

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 09:09:27 »
Something I forgot to mention last night..
I'm also looking for reliable assembly service, ideally one can supply switches and LEDs and stuff to make the whole thing easy.
If you are planning to use assembly service, just shoot me a pm so I have a general idea what the total number will be.

Offline Arokai

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 10:45:19 »
on the thread where we chose the logo designs you stated anyone who had entered would get a special keycap any luck we can see what it looks like :) hyped beyond the moon!

Offline rioc

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 10:48:36 »
on the thread where we chose the logo designs you stated anyone who had entered would get a special keycap any luck we can see what it looks like :) hyped beyond the moon!

oh really? I missed that part

Offline Arokai

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 11:34:50 »

here you go ;)

We have two winners! Winner for Logo is Stand.geeks (1st place for both 1st and 2nd vote)and for weight it's Gaiden (76 votes out of 129 responses)! Result link: https://goo.gl/doPKk2
To show our appreciation to these two amazing person, they will each receive 50% off on their order!
Or a cash reward (TBD) if any of them decides not to enter. Please pm me your option, whatever the decision is, it will not be published.
For everyone who submitted designs, you will receive an aluminum keycap in your order for free, winning or not.
Again, if you are not entering this GB, let me know so I can mail it to you. :thumb:
The cap does involve copyright and has been approved by the owner.

Anyways the winning logo is:
Show Image

and the winning weight is:
Show Image

I understand this might not be your favourite design but keep in mind ultimately it's the board design that attracted us all!

We are currently analyzing entries from previous GB attempt and discussing color options.

Edit: all winning designs are still pending EVE's final approval, but I don't see a problem from here!

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 12:45:10 »

here you go ;)

We have two winners! Winner for Logo is Stand.geeks (1st place for both 1st and 2nd vote)and for weight it's Gaiden (76 votes out of 129 responses)! Result link: https://goo.gl/doPKk2
To show our appreciation to these two amazing person, they will each receive 50% off on their order!
Or a cash reward (TBD) if any of them decides not to enter. Please pm me your option, whatever the decision is, it will not be published.
For everyone who submitted designs, you will receive an aluminum keycap in your order for free, winning or not.
Again, if you are not entering this GB, let me know so I can mail it to you. :thumb:
The cap does involve copyright and has been approved by the owner.

Anyways the winning logo is:
Show Image

and the winning weight is:
Show Image

I understand this might not be your favourite design but keep in mind ultimately it's the board design that attracted us all!

We are currently analyzing entries from previous GB attempt and discussing color options.

Edit: all winning designs are still pending EVE's final approval, but I don't see a problem from here!

I hope it has a MOON logo on it  :))

Offline breitling

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 13:11:43 »
Just got my invoice.. paid!

Offline pon10

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 14:36:01 »

Show Image

Thanks for confirming the plate and pcb. for programming how do you recommend setting it up? Last note if would be good with a IRL name and info on the invoice :rolleyes: and not to mail that bring you to this site www.126.com  :rolleyes:

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 20:38:02 »
All invoices sent

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 03:28:04 »

Is there a possibility for the PCB to include support for split backspace and split shift?
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline poolside

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Free Color Combo - Invoice sent
« Reply #195 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 15:49:35 »
Zzyjayfree, can we still request that the brass/SS logo be included with the case but not installed?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 08:05:45 »
Zzyjayfree, can we still request that the brass/SS logo be included with the case but not installed?
Yes send me a msg with your invoice number to confirm pls

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 08:06:33 »

Is there a possibility for the PCB to include support for split backspace and split shift?
The PCB will be the same as what I posted earlier. Sorry if it doesn't support what you wanted.

Offline jnav

• Endgame is for quitters.
    • Macclack
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 17:53:48 »
I still haven't seen an invoice  :( Have they all been sent out yet?

Offline poolside

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 18:02:47 »
Yes send me a msg with your invoice number to confirm pls

Messaged, thanks  :thumb: