Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Shipping  (Read 248382 times)

Offline neralo

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - GB Open
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 22:12:18 »
Just curious, whats the point of having an EXTRA pcb? Isn't one enough? :D

you have one more to fill with different switches so you can swap switches on the same case. though you also need an extra plate.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 22:15:13 »
would it be possible to ship the board with the MOON logo not glued in? i only want the stripes placed in but not the MOON logo. Please advise. Thanks!
There isnt any comment section in the form for this request. Would this be possible?
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 22:21:22 »
would it be possible to ship the board with the MOON logo not glued in? i only want the stripes placed in but not the MOON logo. Please advise. Thanks!
There isnt any comment section in the form for this request. Would this be possible?

Generally I take special request by PM, otherwise people put ANY request they have..

edit: and yes to your previous request, it can be shipped with un-installed logo
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Arallu

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 22:32:46 »
zzyjayfree, did you get a response back yet regarding more information about the PCB? LEDs, TMK/QMK, etc?

Offline swangful

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 01:26:00 »
Just curious, whats the point of having an EXTRA pcb? Isn't one enough? :D

you have one more to fill with different switches so you can swap switches on the same case. though you also need an extra plate.

Thank you :) That explains it perfectly!

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 13:24:48 »
Don't know if I'm blind, but where's the USB port on this thing?  :p
All the kustom 60s

Offline swangful

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 13:58:30 »

The previous GB had an image stating it would be at the top right of the keyboard.
Assuming things haven't changed...it will be where the pink arrow is (bottom left of picture) :D

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 18:57:55 »
Is the silver top/bottom plate not an option? Like the GB image.

Offline Philrulesworld

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 22:09:23 »
If shipping is being billed separately, will that invoice come through before July 31 as well, or will that be later?

Offline Broadwell

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 05:21:03 »
Would I be able to see a comparison between the stainless/brass logo. Also, how about renders with the brass plate, brass weights, brass stripes? Also, is there an option for extra PCB?
I'll see if EVE can make a render with brass parts. He's probably asleep by now (23:34 in China)

Wondering about the status on this

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:54:29 »
zzyjayfree, did you get a response back yet regarding more information about the PCB? LEDs, TMK/QMK, etc?

I wish I know more about PCBs.. So far what I collect is it supports WS2812 LED and you can program it by using tkg.io, so that is TMK if I'm not mistaken.
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:06:09 »

Please reference to swangful's response.

Is the silver top/bottom plate not an option? Like the GB image.

Option like the GB image is available if you choose titanium grey. Sorry maybe the render was too good  :p

If shipping is being billed separately, will that invoice come through before July 31 as well, or will that be later?

It will only be billed when I have final products as it varies based on weight of the board, package and the final volume.

Would I be able to see a comparison between the stainless/brass logo. Also, how about renders with the brass plate, brass weights, brass stripes? Also, is there an option for extra PCB?
I'll see if EVE can make a render with brass parts. He's probably asleep by now (23:34 in China)

Wondering about the status on this

Sorry still pending, but I think this is very close to what you ask for. http://imgur.com/ooBr9Bi

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:24:57 »
Are the PCBs compatible with other standard TKLs? If yes, can I buy one or two PCBs separately (without joining for a Moon)? I don't think I have the necessary pocket change to join the buy, but being able to buy a TMK/QMK compatible PCB that fits my TX87 would help me out a whole bunch

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:36:38 »
Are the PCBs compatible with other standard TKLs? If yes, can I buy one or two PCBs separately (without joining for a Moon)? I don't think I have the necessary pocket change to join the buy, but being able to buy a TMK/QMK compatible PCB that fits my TX87 would help me out a whole bunch

I think you'd want to get some leeku PCBs as I can't guarantee Moon PCB's compatibility with TX87

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:55:43 »

I think you'd want to get some leeku PCBs as I can't guarantee Moon PCB's compatibility with TX87

No, that's exactly not what I want. I want a PCB that is compatible with TMK/QMK on a native basis, which seems to be the case with these. Could you ask the PCB guy if they might fit?

Offline JDragon

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 14:03:57 »
A few questions before I finalize my order:

Will the brass parts be PVD coated or otherwise treated to prevent tarnishing?

If picking a stainless steel logo, will the color match the bottom case?

Thanks!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 01:05:12 »
zzjayfree. I just updated my order. I wanted to point out an inconsistency in the cost.

Two ways of getting two plates:

(1) Select an aluminum plate color (+$0), select an EXTRA Brass plate (+$35). = +$35

(2) Select "Upgrade to Brass", select OTHER and ask for Upgrade to Brass (+$20) and an EXTRA Aluminum plate (+$20). = +$40

There's an difference of $5 depending on how one fills the form. I think you should revise this to Option (1) and double-check all orders requesting a Brass plate AND an Aluminum plate.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 09:50:29 »
zzjayfree. I just updated my order. I wanted to point out an inconsistency in the cost.

Two ways of getting two plates:

(1) Select an aluminum plate color (+$0), select an EXTRA Brass plate (+$35). = +$35

(2) Select "Upgrade to Brass", select OTHER and ask for Upgrade to Brass (+$20) and an EXTRA Aluminum plate (+$20). = +$40

There's an difference of $5 depending on how one fills the form. I think you should revise this to Option (1) and double-check all orders requesting a Brass plate AND an Aluminum plate.

That's a good one. Lowered extra alu plate by $5, it's $15 now. The cost is the same. Some small good news for people going for extra alu plate I guess.

Thank you for your sharp eyes.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 11:14:38 »

Thanks!

Stainless steel will just be it's own color. As for brass treatment, EVE can do that, the only problem is not everyone likes it, some actually like it to be tarnished  :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 12:24:48 »

Thanks!

Stainless steel will just be it's own color. As for brass treatment, EVE can do that, the only problem is not everyone likes it, some actually like it to be tarnished  :-\ :-\ :-\

Should we leave that as a note in our order?  I'd like mine to stay shiny AF  :cool:

Offline swangful

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 12:46:29 »

Thanks!

Should we leave that as a note in our order?  I'd like mine to stay shiny AF  :cool:

Same +1

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 12:48:29 »

Thanks!

Sorry if im misunderstanding this, but does being 'its own color' mean that the only option for stainless steel color is silver?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 12:49:36 »

Thanks!

Yes it will be polished stainless steel, its own steel color

Sorry if im misunderstanding this, but does being 'its own color' mean that the only option for stainless steel color is silver?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 12:50:52 »

Thanks!

Same +1

Thanks!

I'll update form and send notice to whoever has placed the order by email, check form in like 5 mins

Offline swangful

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 13:32:59 »
Thank you for that option. Updated my order. Saw it also is already logged in the google doc. :D

Excellent.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 14:46:48 »

Thanks!

Should we leave that as a note in our order?  I'd like mine to stay shiny AF  8)

Same +1

Thanks!

Should we leave that as a note in our order?  I'd like mine to stay shiny AF  8)

I'll update form and send notice to whoever has placed the order by email, check form in like 5 mins

oh, that's sweet having this option... activated it too for me, don't want my moon logo to turn brown ;)

Offline Kavik

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 15:12:26 »

Thanks!

Same +1

Thanks!

Cool! Thanks for adding this option. I updated my order.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 16:57:24 »
Thanks for adding that option, order placed.  :thumb:

Is Champagne Gold the closest approximation to the brass color?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 17:12:43 »
I didn't think I would enter this GB. Since the colors are no longer set to specific combos... and the more I look at it... and the fact I am backing out of another GB... and those curves...  :eek:

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 22:50:12 »

In this GB yes. Are you gonna go champagne gold plus brass parts?  :eek: :eek:

I didn't think I would enter this GB. Since the colors are no longer set to specific combos... and the more I look at it... and the fact I am backing out of another GB... and those curves...  :eek:

Welcome back, fam!

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Free Color Combo available - GB Open
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 03:11:32 »
Hey zzyjayfree

I know this was asked before, but could it possible before the end of the GB to see color blocks so we can mix and match, i just feel when this board its gonna be finished it gonna be a kb that's gonna run up in price, properly around 600-700 USD with shipping and switches etc :P

I just wanna make sure i am not gonna be bumped down if my color choice is not matching  :confused:

hope you understand

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 09:28:11 »
Hey zzyjayfree

I know this was asked before, but could it possible before the end of the GB to see color blocks so we can mix and match, i just feel when this board its gonna be finished it gonna be a kb that's gonna run up in price, properly around 600-700 USD with shipping and switches etc :P

I just wanna make sure i am not gonna be bumped down if my color choice is not matching  :confused:

hope you understand

Are there not colour blocks in the order form?

Offline Arokai

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 10:19:37 »
Hey zzyjayfree

hope you understand

I think he meant seeing all the colors in one photo not in board form but a sample size, so we can see how different colors look next to one another and in similar lighting. The only sample I see of the starry night is the plate which you can hardly see.

I would like to be able to see titanium gray and starry night next to each other to have a clear picture

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 10:22:50 »
Hey zzyjayfree

hope you understand

I think he meant seeing all the colors in one photo not in board form but a sample size, so we can see how different colors look next to one another and in similar lighting. The only sample I see of the starry night is the plate which you can hardly see.

I would like to be able to see titanium gray and starry night next to each other to have a clear picture

Gotcha, that’s fair. I’d also like to see that colour combination. I’m so torn on colours right now.

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 10:55:50 »
Hey zzyjayfree

hope you understand

Gotcha, that’s fair. I’d also like to see that colour combination. I’m so torn on colours right now.

Same with me. too confused to decide a color.
That's the main reason I haven't fill the form yet.  :confused:

Offline pon10

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 12:18:22 »
Hey zzyjayfree

hope you understand

Yes correct! :) i dont think i will go ahead with this buy if its not possible to see colors correctly since the price this will run up too! i am sure colors will have a good outcome but for my own justification i have to be sure haha

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 18:31:14 »
I do feel like starry night would be more popular given the theme of this build, but I agree with others it's pretty difficult to tell much from the color from just the plate and very few areas of it in focus.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 22:23:19 »

Here are pics for starry night and titanium grey in comparison

Starry night grey:

Titanium grey:

Comparison: starry night grey on top, titanium grey under

Yes correct! :) i dont think i will go ahead with this buy if its not possible to see colors correctly since the price this will run up too! i am sure colors will have a good outcome but for my own justification i have to be sure haha

Sorry EVE didn't have all the color samples made, if you are torn between a few colors I can always ask for specific pics.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 July 2017, 22:27:22 by zzyjayfree »

Offline neralo

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 22:50:55 »
Show Image

Is that a light grey case on the bottom right corner?
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 22:52:29 »

It indeed is

Offline neralo

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - Free Color Combo - GB Open
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 22:53:28 »

It indeed is

That is perfect, exactly the colour I wanted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 00:32:41 »

Starry night grey:
Show Image

Titanium grey:
Show Image

Show Image

Sorry EVE didn't have all the color samples made, if you are torn between a few colors I can always ask for specific pics.

Thanks for the pics, that definitely changes things. Really like the two colours, but not together as I was planning. Decisions. Decisions.

Offline Broadwell

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 11:27:33 »
Ahh I am so close to sending in the form, can I see the stainless steel logo next to the brass logo just so I can decide on that?

Offline pon10

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 11:53:16 »

Starry night grey:
Show Image

Titanium grey:
Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for listening!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: so good to see how it can end up :)

Edit: Whats the plate color shown on the starry night grey on top, titanium grey under?
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 July 2017, 14:37:49 by pon10 »

Offline JDragon

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 13:37:17 »

In this GB yes. Are you gonna go champagne gold plus brass parts?  :eek: :eek:

Haha that might be too blingy even for me. Black top + champagne gold bottom + brass parts is my order, hoping it will look like the prototype. :)

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 14:51:41 »

It indeed is

hell yeah, I made the right choice then :)

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 15:42:33 »
Ahh I am so close to sending in the form, can I see the stainless steel logo next to the brass logo just so I can decide on that?

Unfortunately, we don't have a brass logo yet as we just decided to add the brass logo option. But generally speaking, you want to use brass logo for classic, darker case like starry night grey or ink black, use SS logo for more vivid colors like violet purple. I would always recommend make contract between parts. Eg: if you want to pair your carbon set, you might want to pick ink black top, with brass logo and stripes, Carbon orange bottom and then a dark weight.

Personal opinion, hope it helps.

Offline Arokai

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 20:13:12 »
Awesome pictures, really love that starry night grey! Is there anyway we can see all of them next to each other?

And can you also make a note on my order to remove the moon logo in the rear part of the board (where the two stripes are).

Thanks

Offline Broadwell

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 07:22:40 »

Unfortunately, we don't have a brass logo yet as we just decided to add the brass logo option. But generally speaking, you want to use brass logo for classic, darker case like starry night grey or ink black, use SS logo for more vivid colors like violet purple. I would always recommend make contract between parts. Eg: if you want to pair your carbon set, you might want to pick ink black top, with brass logo and stripes, Carbon orange bottom and then a dark weight.

Actually it helps a lot, thanks! I am going for the carbon build to match my SA carbon that come soon (2018), so I think I will take your advice and go for brass logo

Offline Kavik

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 10:54:05 »

Actually it helps a lot, thanks! I am going for the carbon build to match my SA carbon that come soon (2018), so I think I will take your advice and go for brass logo

That's what I ended up doing. I had planned on doing my own color scheme, but the more I looked at the carbon color scheme the more it grew on me. It also helped having a ton of pictures of it. The only bad thing is that it forced me to spend $230 on SA Carbon, which I hadn't planned on buying. In the end, this keyboard is going to be almost $900 (switches and caps included)!
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.