Author Topic: [GB]MAXKEY SA-Miami Night (Finish)  (Read 84180 times)

Offline TheWuggening

Re: [GB]MAXKEY SA-Miami Night (GB is live)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 13:15:23 »
It's quite common for international shipments tend to require a phone number. Even shipping stuff from Canada to the US requires the buyers phone number.

Roger that—makes sense. Thanks!

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 14:34:57 »
It's quite common for international shipments tend to require a phone number. Even shipping stuff from Canada to the US requires the buyers phone number.

Roger that—makes sense. Thanks!

Also if you're worried about them sharing it, just get a Google Voice number and hand that out. I only give trusted sources my real phone number.

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 15:32:53 »
Would buy if there was a UK ISO option. Get MaxKeys on it!

Offline captain

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 17:16:45 »
I like it.  I'm in!  :-)
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline izzi

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 20:09:02 »
Wanna order this, anything special other than follow the order link and put my username from here on it?  I really like this set, it would be my first, I really hope we can make 150!

P.S. Noob here, what would be a good board to put these on -- do they fit anything or only certain boards?

Offline Sparkyman215

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 21:05:07 »
Wanna order this, anything special other than follow the order link and put my username from here on it?  I really like this set, it would be my first, I really hope we can make 150!

P.S. Noob here, what would be a good board to put these on -- do they fit anything or only certain boards?

Just put in all the info and wait for the invoice! After that it's waiting for a bit if we hit MOQ (let's do it guys!) 
As for special boards, they'll fit anything. IMO, they're really nice on tilted boards

Offline bciamny

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 21:17:35 »

not sure how new you are... but to be sure, these are mx-stem caps. that means that this will work on keyboards that use cherry switches, gateron switches, kailh switches and outemu switches. the underside of the keycaps have a little plus sign insert that fits into a matching shape on the stem of the switch.

also note that the first picture in the first post notes "r1", "r2", etc. those are row orientations. these keycaps have different shapes for each row orientation and are generally only used in those configurations. so if you have a dvorak layout, you wouldn't be able to orient the keycaps in a way that the shape profile of the keys would match the row orientations perfectly.

these keycaps will orient correctly on  full size keyboards (104/108 keys), tenkeyless keyboards (84, 86, 87 keys), and 60% keyboards. i think the additional keys included in the set also covers other keyboard types but i'm not sure which ones exactly are covered. you can ask here if your particular keyboard would be properly covered and i'm sure someone can help you out.

Offline TeHao

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 22:59:47 »
What do you NEED my phone number for? I get enough cold calls as it is.
In some countries (like China, where MAXKEY is from), post service NEEDs phone numbers to deliver stuffs. I think that's why OP marks this compulsory.

Calm down, he won't make expensive international calls to you.

I'm calm—just struck me as odd. I'm obviously not worried that OP will call me, that would be dumb. Without explanation, I was worried that he would sell my phone number.

Don't worry about it.  She said is right.

Offline TeHao

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:01:12 »
If I already put in for the base and both kits but want to add a spacebar kit, how do I go about that?

tell me by GH message. don't forget invioce No.

Offline izzi

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:02:37 »
Thanks guys (Sparkyman215, bciamny)! I have a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid MX Brown and currently typing on a Logitech G610 MX Brown. I ordered all sets but seems unlikely that we'll hit 150 on anything other than the main set at this point, we'll see.  As far as a keycap puller, I'll have to find one of those on my own somewhere right?

Are there some blank (keycap-less?) boards you guys buy, or do you buy the usual suspects and just change the keycaps?  I much prefer Cherry MX Brown and not really interested in switching to anything else at this point (I also have MX Reds on a couple of boards but don't like them for typing).

Offline bciamny

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:21:28 »
Thanks guys (Sparkyman215, bciamny)! I have a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid MX Brown and currently typing on a Logitech G610 MX Brown. I ordered all sets but seems unlikely that we'll hit 150 on anything other than the main set at this point, we'll see.  As far as a keycap puller, I'll have to find one of those on my own somewhere right?

Are there some blank (keycap-less?) boards you guys buy, or do you buy the usual suspects and just change the keycaps?  I much prefer Cherry MX Brown and not really interested in switching to anything else at this point (I also have MX Reds on a couple of boards but don't like them for typing).

the quickfire is a solid keyboard and it has standard key sizing so it should work well with this set. i think the g610 has a nonstandard bottom row and may not work cleanly with this keycap set.

you can check out massdrop to see the various kind of enthusiast keyboard options there are. a lot of the group buys on this forum don't come with keycaps. kind of the norm really. cherry mx browns are considered tactile switches so they have a little bump when you press them. if you like that, there are bunch of other switches by other companies that offer a similar experience for various prices and with small changes to the feeling of the bump and how hard you press to actuate a switch. it can get overwhelming with the variety we are begining to see.

you bring up a good point... tehao, for those that have already paid invoices that include kits that don't make moq, are you planning to issue partial refunds?

Offline TeHao

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:42:16 »
Hi,guys

In accordance with the current progress, all the sets I will pay for them to reach MOQ.
No longer hesitate, all the sets will be produced.

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:46:27 »
Hi,guys

In accordance with the current progress, all the sets I will pay for them to reach MOQ.

We did it boyos.
Gonna make a special case just for this set ; )

Offline izzi

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 00:40:23 »
the quickfire is a solid keyboard and it has standard key sizing so it should work well with this set. i think the g610 has a nonstandard bottom row and may not work cleanly with this keycap set.
gotcha. I can see what you mean, the keys are a little smaller on the G610 than on the quickfire. just as well as the G610 is backlit which wouldn't really work with this set.

q: a few years back I got a corsair tkl w/ mx reds, at that time rings seemed to be a popular option (especially for reds, which are billed as being for gaming). is this still a thing, and does it apply to typing-oriented switches like the mx browns?

you can check out massdrop to see the various kind of enthusiast keyboard options there are. a lot of the group buys on this forum don't come with keycaps.
excellent, thanks -- makes sense. seems like cherry mx is the brand name, I'm very happy with the quality and don't mind paying a little extra, hope to be able to find boards with them. I will start getting into alternatives slowly, I wish modular boards where you can change out the switches were a thing.

hey, looks like we did it! feels great that my first kc buy will happen! because I really like it too (I actually lived in Miami for a number of years and it's a bit nostalgic).

Offline TeHao

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 05:13:00 »
all the sets I will pay for them to reach MOQ. (7/20 update)
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 10:28:11 by TeHao »

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 08:20:07 »
Paid, can't wait to get this and put in on the welfare96 I have on the way!

Offline bciamny

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 08:28:34 »
gotcha. I can see what you mean, the keys are a little smaller on the G610 than on the quickfire. just as well as the G610 is backlit which wouldn't really work with this set.

q: a few years back I got a corsair tkl w/ mx reds, at that time rings seemed to be a popular option (especially for reds, which are billed as being for gaming). is this still a thing, and does it apply to typing-oriented switches like the mx browns?

you can check out massdrop to see the various kind of enthusiast keyboard options there are. a lot of the group buys on this forum don't come with keycaps.
excellent, thanks -- makes sense. seems like cherry mx is the brand name, I'm very happy with the quality and don't mind paying a little extra, hope to be able to find boards with them. I will start getting into alternatives slowly, I wish modular boards where you can change out the switches were a thing.

hey, looks like we did it! feels great that my first kc buy will happen! because I really like it too (I actually lived in Miami for a number of years and it's a bit nostalgic).

i don't know much about rings but from what i know they're generally used to quiet  the downstroke of keys to make an overall quieter typing experience. is that why you'd want them? they also shorten the distance traveled by a key when pressed as well.

there are a few keyboards that offer "hotswappable" sockets. this means you can plug in and remove mx-type switches (cherry, gateron, kailh, and outemu). for example. massdrop ran a drop with  input club called the k-type that had a lot of great features like hotswapping, rgb leds, aluminum case, usb-c, etc. there are other options available too.

Offline briano1905

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:13:13 »
I love this! Joined the GB. What board is in the sample photos?
leopold fc750r

Offline TeHao

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 03:35:13 »
Hi,guys

I have a trip at this weekend and the form will be updated on Sunday night.
I can get back to the message, but I will not travel with the computer.
Thank you for your understanding

TeHao.

Offline SteezeTrain

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 15:36:29 »
Joined after seeing those sample shots. Holy **** this set is gorgeous.

Offline AgilePJ

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 23:51:56 »
Joined as well, now I'm just waiting to pay for them...

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 06:36:50 »
Hey OP. Will this set be available after GB on Maxkey's taobao store?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Offline TeHao

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:44:30 »

Maybe not.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 01:34:29 »
hows the MaxKey SA quality compared to SP?

I haven't seen anybody do a comparison, if smoeone has a link I could check out that'd be awesome.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 08:46:45 »
hows the MaxKey SA quality compared to SP?

I haven't seen anybody do a comparison, if smoeone has a link I could check out that'd be awesome.

feel/shape wise they're identical.

the only notable difference for Maxkeys is they don't have all the molds that SP can offer as well as the fact that their kerning is a little wonky on some keys like SHIF T & BACK SPACE but besides that they're a completely comparable alternative.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Lleiwynn

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:45:43 »
Hi,guys

This right here is how you run a GB. I was definitely in for the base set already, but I went ahead and joined for everything. Great work!
Pok3r - 1976 - MX Clears   Magicforce 68 - Tai Hao - MX Greens

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:03:11 »
Hi,guys

This right here is how you run a GB. I was definitely in for the base set already, but I went ahead and joined for everything. Great work!
I jumped in for several of the kits. The op has been amazing and I'm super excited for this set

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline fingerPain

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:17:07 »
Woo! I put my order in for the base kit!  ;D
Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB | MX Speed
James Donkey 619 | Gateron Black
WASD V2 104 | MX Clear

Offline Plebaroni

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:05:22 »
I see this is up on Taobao and the GB, which would be the faster option in regards to shipping the product to me?

Offline TeHao

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 22:20:57 »
I see this is up on Taobao and the GB, which would be the faster option in regards to shipping the product to me?
I'm not sure.  I spent about 7-14 days after I sent it.

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 23:00:53 »
Are the keycaps smooth or textured finish? Can't 100% tell from the photos.

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 01:47:41 »
Are the keycaps smooth or textured finish? Can't 100% tell from the photos.

MaxKeys have a matte-smooth finish... It's not as smooth as Signature Plastics SA, but it's not super rough either.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 10:47:53 by Blazestorm »

Offline SteezeTrain

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 03:25:20 »

Would you mind elaborating? Does maxkey have a TB storefront where they sell caps?

Link Pls

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 18:32:56 »

Would you mind elaborating? Does maxkey have a TB storefront where they sell caps?

Link Pls
This is their store on Taobao
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.8.ebb2eb2vSPgXU&id=544545490255&ns=1&abbucket=15#detail

Offline izzi

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 21:49:00 »
How/where do I find the specs for these?  Like what material (ABS, PBT) are they, what process, thickness, etc.? Sorry for noob question, I'd like to learn how to find this myself so teach me how to fish do't just tell me what it is.

P.S.  I'm in and can't wait for these, preparing my CM Storm Quickfire w/ MX Browns for these!

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 22:13:58 »
How/where do I find the specs for these?  Like what material (ABS, PBT) are they, what process, thickness, etc.? Sorry for noob question, I'd like to learn how to find this myself so teach me how to fish do't just tell me what it is.

P.S.  I'm in and can't wait for these, preparing my CM Storm Quickfire w/ MX Browns for these!

GBs are commonly either on doubleshot which is on ABS and dyesubs on PBT (most of it anyway). There are few exception though but they are on their infancy. But there's no mention on the OP, so just based it from the manufacturers previous buys and since this light legend on dark keys then its doubleshot (again there might be exception).

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 22:16:21 »

try to search about "Maxkey SA" on geekhack or r/mk and read about what people tell about it.
Or you can try to search on taobao/aliexpress/kbdfans for other Maxkey SA keyset. the specs will be exact same (unless the color combination ofc)

Offline TeHao

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 00:51:05 »
Sorry, it is my bad.

this is doubleshot ABS.

I closed the form. Now waiting for everyone to pay.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2017, 00:52:44 by TeHao »

Offline rideh

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 21:13:18 »
Any chance I can still get in for base + cyan kit?

Also to verify 6.25U spacebar?

Offline TeHao

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 23:01:56 »
I think the payment deadline has arrived.
Unpaid orders canceled.
If you need any help, please send me an email.

Offline LDobler

Re: [GB]MAXKEY SA-Miami Night (Wait for Maxkey)
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 06:12:28 »
Are the SHIFT and BACKSPACE molds fixed for this set?

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 08:43:12 »
Are the SHIFT and BACKSPACE molds fixed for this set?
I feel like we should get the right ones because the orders are just being submitted and the molds are already fixed

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Woovie

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 03:04:49 »
I'm so grateful for maxkeys. Quick turnaround time really shows their commitment. Also I'm grateful for the way this group by his being ran. Thank you for the constant updates. Here's to hoping that we have the corrected bulbs on these keycaps.  :thumb:

Offline TeHao

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 07:52:03 »
Hi, guys

After I asked, modify the mold done in September. I do not want this because the timeline will be delayed.
Miami night has started production and will soon be shipped.
If you can not accept it, you can apply for a refund before 8/10.
I'm very sorry.

TeHao
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 July 2017, 07:56:03 by TeHao »

Offline LDobler

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 08:00:50 »
Could you do a GB for a fix kit later on (just the fixed shift and backspace keycaps)?

I think we'd all appreciate it :D

Offline TeHao

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 08:18:41 »
Could you do a GB for a fix kit later on (just the fixed shift and backspace keycaps)?

If a lot of people need it, I'll try it.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 08:31:25 »

If a lot of people need it, I'll try it.

Thanks bro!

Offline Woovie

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 10:29:50 »
I too would be interested in a fix kit at a later date.

Offline Sempre

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 17:14:38 »
I'll also join a fix mod add on group buy kit

Offline adam.baranyai

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 17:20:42 »
I'd also join that. Fixed mods for the win.  ;D