Author Topic: Hey.  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Centropyge loriculus

Hey.
« on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 17:16:04 »
So I recently took the a more serious plunge into mechanical keyboards. I owned a 2014 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate before and I think that's what started my enjoyment of mechanical keyboard typing. So, I lurked on Reddit for some time and finally this past weekend took the plunge. Got myself a Pok3r RGB with browns from mechanicalkeyboards.com and the Nautilus base kit from Massdrop. My goal was to create a beautiful keyboard to start with and in the next 6 months start working on DIY'ing myself another 60% for the sake of DIY'ing.

I look forward to joining the community and seeing where this money pit takes me.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Hey.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 17:16:15 »
Hey.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 16:18:35 »
You can safely unjoin geekhack..

You already own a black widow,   dat's the best keyboard.. !!

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 08:54:18 »

That's what everyone on r/mk kept telling me, but my spidey senses still tingled.

Offline raxander

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 10:41:01 »

That's what everyone on r/mk kept telling me, but my spidey senses still tingled.

He's trying to offer you the blue pill.  You should take it!

Failing that, welcome and good luck!  I just took the plunge to 60% myself, and loving it, but missing dedicated arrow keys a little bit.  Have fun!  And if you won't take the blue pill, at least try not to chase keycap sets - to me that's the most debilitating aspect of my keyboard illness.  Thankfully I don't have the artisan keycap bug - individual ones can sell for $50 on mechmarket.

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 12:00:44 »
I'll definitely do my best to not chase keysets, but I'm already slipping. I'm after that SA 1967 set already and looking forward to SA 1983 if it ever becomes a group buy again. With Nautilus and those I think I'm gonna be set for a long long time.