Author Topic: Designer Keyboard - Bluetooth Split Ergo Keyboard - Coming soon on Kickstarter  (Read 4819 times)

Offline vexchow

http://vexchow.web.fc2.com/page/Designer_Keyobard.html

Hi Everyone,

I use keyboard quite a lot. I think I spend around 10 hours each day creating something and texting with friends. But the keyboard I use is not good enough. I always have wrist pain after whole day of work being a Designer. Therefore, I look around different keyboards and find out most of them are not stylist, not functional and too heavy. I want to design a beautiful, portable, productive and comfortable keyboard.

I am very excited to present to you the new model, Designer Keyboard! It might be the best keyboard ever for professional users such as me. It is a wireless (Bluetooth 5.0) split 3D ergo keyboard. Specifically, this keyboard has the below features:

1. Comfort - Less pain, more fun
    1.1. 3D Ergonomic design, Vertical key layout, Concave keywells, Separate thumb keys, 20-degrees of tenting, wrist rest support
    1.2. Split Design, keep your wrists at a neutral angle
    1.3. Cherry MX (Red) Low-force witches, Comfort for long time
    1.4. 50% keyboard, Good for small hand

2. Productivity - Increase Productivity and Profitability
    2.1. Two-handed work style, save your time*
    2.2. Perfect match with 3d mouse and trackpad, don’t waste switch time
    2.3. Programmable, Fully customisable layouts with 8 layers
    2.4. Open source code, anyone can make an improvement, share new idea in forum

3. Flexible - Use anywhere with different devices
    3.1. Bluetooth 5.0, go faster, go further, Low energy
    3.2. Portable, use anywhere, such as home, office and cafe.
    3.3. Lightweight and small, only 250g per each
    3.4. Hot swappable - easy to changing switch

Specs & Details
* Case: DLP 3D print case
* Dimensions: 170x138x555mm per each
* Weight: 250g per each (includes wrist rest)
* Keycaps: 50 DSA PBT Blank keycaps
* Keyswitches: Cherry mx red switches, Hot swappable
* LEDs: NO!
* Microcontroller: nRF52, On-Board Memory
* Firmware and Software: Arduino, Open source code
* Interface: Blustooth 5.0 (Low Energy)
* Battery: 3000 mAh per each
* USB type: Magnetic usb charger
* Compatibility: OSX, iOS, Windows, Android, Linux
*Warranty: 1 year limited hardware Warranty

Creating beautiful, comfortable and productive keyboard is our dream!

http://vexchow.web.fc2.com/page/Designer_Keyobard.html
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2019, 04:45:00 by vexchow »

Offline clickityClackity

I kinda hate it... But I REALLY love it. Yes please, count me in!

Offline vexchow

Yes, sure!

Offline OtherAndrew

:thinking:

Offline algernon

• A tiny mouse, a hacker.
    • Diaries of a Madman
I tried to resist, but I have to ask what I ask every time I see a new keyboard that comes with open source firmware: are you using an existing one, such as QMK, TMK, KLL or Kaleidoscope? Or did you write your own? If the latter, why?

Offline vexchow

I tried to resist, but I have to ask what I ask every time I see a new keyboard that comes with open source firmware: are you using an existing one, such as QMK, TMK, KLL or Kaleidoscope? Or did you write your own? If the latter, why?

Because this is native-Bluetooth chip nRF52832.(Bluetooth 5.0)
And qmk supports using an nRF51.

The keyboard code I searched from Wez.
You can check here.
https://gist.github.com/wez/b30683a4dfa329b86b9e0a2811a8c593

Offline algernon

• A tiny mouse, a hacker.
    • Diaries of a Madman

Because this is native-Bluetooth chip nRF52832.(Bluetooth 5.0)
And qmk supports using an nRF51.

The keyboard code I searched from Wez.
You can check here.
https://gist.github.com/wez/b30683a4dfa329b86b9e0a2811a8c593

Mhm. I would have thought that adding nRF52832 support to QMK would have been easier than writing something from scratch. (there's so many things that can go wrong with that - been there, done that, never going to do it again :P)

Thanks for the pointer!

Offline Beatnutz

Just out of curiousity as a fellow designer. How is this a designer keyboard? I'm not really following. Most of our software, regardless of dicipline (3D, 2D, motion, Illustration) requires shortcuts with one hand, and the the other hand you have on your mouse or Wacom board. Don't really see where the designer part comes in here except that it looks quite painful to do some of the shortcuts here.

Either way, best of luck with your IC and (hopefully) a GB at the end.

Offline clickityClackity

Just out of curiousity as a fellow designer. How is this a designer keyboard? I'm not really following. Most of our software, regardless of dicipline (3D, 2D, motion, Illustration) requires shortcuts with one hand, and the the other hand you have on your mouse or Wacom board. Don't really see where the designer part comes in here except that it looks quite painful to do some of the shortcuts here.

Either way, best of luck with your IC and (hopefully) a GB at the end.

Speaking to your assessment of shortcuts etc, I personally use mouse keys (and sometimes a trackball or Rollermouse), which can actually be much more precise. So personally, an ergonomic design like this is the bees knees. Also, with a programmable keyboard you can reconfigure shortcuts however the hell you want. If it's QMK, double tap or triple tap come to mind.

Offline nguyenhimself

Kickstarter is a huge dealbreaker for me.