Author Topic: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Alu Kit (production finished, shipping from factory soon)  (Read 86445 times)

Offline cynviloq

This is a group buy for the 96KEE by mehkee.com. The 96KEE is a small revision of the keyboard kit formerly known as the GSX96.

Quick update - the first two batches of orders (~95 units) have been placed with the manufacturer. I'm trying to get a sample quickly produced to make sure all the changes to R1 are as expected. Then production on the two sets of orders placed will begin (timeline still as expected) - all orders up until 8/9 have been submitted. To-date total of ordered kits is 120 (large majority are titanium grey, black, and silver, only a smattering of blue/red).

Why the extension?: Just another week and a half to give a few more people the chance to order. I've had quite a few messages asking for a little bit extra time to place the order and given we do not have a specific MOQ and the orders are placed on a rolling basis, I have no issues opening it up to more people.

Click here to join the Group Buy: 96kee.click or https://mehkee.com/products/96kee

For those who are new to this kit - here is a quick overview of the kit and some specifications:
Full Kit comes with:
  • Aluminum Case (colors offered: Silver, Black, Titanium Grey, Blue, Red)
  • Aluminum Plate
  • Aluminum Feet
  • Black / Gold PCB
  • Genuine PCB-mount Cherry Stabilizers (6 x 2u, 1 x 6.25u)

Additional Details:
  • 8/23 update: new PCB layout (expands on the original, now supports some additional bottom row configs and split backspace), still going to be in black/gold- click here to go to the post with the render
  • Slotted acrylic diffusers on all four sides of the case
  • PS2AVRGB PCB with RGB underglow
  • Supports PCB-mount and plate-mount MX switches
  • Approximate case/plate/PCB weight = 2.0 lbs (shipping weight of full kit is higher)
  • Approximate case dimensions  = 14.6" (W) x 4.9" (D) x 0.9" (H)
  • Case/plate and extra PCBs are available for purchase alone (no feet or stabilizers)

For those familiar with the GSX96, the kit is virtually identical save for a few small changes:
  • Black / Gold PCB - the same layout is supported
  • Additional standoffs and holes for improved stability - ~9 total
  • Flat bottom of the case - the prior version had a small groove for a thin engraved plate, this version will have a clean bottom

A note on international shipping: yes it's expensive and we're sorry we can't do better on the shipping prices - the estimated weight including box and packaging is over 3lbs. This pricing is based on the weight/location and auto-calculated via USPS rates. Based on other GBs, the rates that people have been e-mailing/messaging to say are absurd are actually in-line with the only other option being an upgrade to DHL Express (even more expensive). USPS Priority / USPS Priority International (both have tracking and insurance) are the only options we will provide for this kit.

Estimated Timeline
  • GB open: 7/24 - 8/16 (production will start before the end of the GB, earlier orders will be produced first)
  • Production: ~12 weeks from end of GB
  • Shipping to Mehkee: mid-October
  • Shipping to you: by end of October for the earlier orders

Thanks and as always, please comment or e-mail us with any questions!

Below are some pictures of the R1 kit and builds by our awesome customers - more available on the website.

More

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2017, 21:55:26 by cynviloq »

Offline cynviloq

Re: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Aluminum Kit for $165 + Shipping (aka GSX96 R2)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 23:14:34 »
8/16: See update at top of first post, first two batches of orders have been submitted, deadline until end of GB orders is extended until 11:59pm ET on 8/25.
10/29: Shipping from factory expected Wednesday!
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 October 2017, 21:55:47 by cynviloq »

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 23:55:41 »
Nice board. I've seen the ones from taobao for $90 and it seems to be great value!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 00:06:13 »
I used the round 1 version and really liked it. Round 2 version can only be better.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 00:44:09 »
The ability to deliver such a keyboard at this pricepoint is impressive. Very tempting!

Also, I see you carry holtite sockets in your store, will this round of PCBs support them?
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 00:47:02 »
The ability to deliver such a keyboard at this pricepoint is impressive. Very tempting!

Also, I see you carry holtite sockets in your store, will this round of PCBs support them?

Unfortunately no, maybe a point to contemplate for the next round, but generally hard to do for cheap unless you're piggy backing off a previous design that has switch pin cutouts the perfect size (and then there is the debate/process to figure out if it supports gold or tin-lead given both have a slight difference in thickness of contact plating).

Offline sneaky101

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 06:18:18 »
$55 for shipping to AU @_@
Purchase is kill.

Was so keen but will have to pass, if there is any way to bring it down to $20 then we can dance.

Offline Data

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 07:34:56 »
Nice design and great price, but it doesn't look like this plate supports 3x 1u to the right of space bar.  My search for the perfect 96key continues...

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 08:18:35 »
Purchase is kill.

Was so keen but will have to pass, if there is any way to bring it down to $20 then we can dance.

It's a heavy board, shipping any kind of thing like this is going to be expensive to AU. Considering the major competitor, ZZ96, is double the price without shipping, does $35 really break you on this decision?

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
    • E.E.L. Ambiense Industries
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 08:19:25 »
Jumped in this morning!  Thanks for the follow-through cynviloq!
Case modder by trade; mech-deck'r for fun!

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 09:19:28 »
Purchase is kill.

Sorry mate - if we could ship this for $20 across the ocean, we certainly would, but at this weight we can't even ship it across the country to the West Coast for $20 (ranges anywhere between $20-23).

Jumped in this morning!  Thanks for the follow-through cynviloq!

We're happy we could get this organized and going! The main motivation was actually from all the folks in the original thread who mentioned they wanted one and missed out.

Offline breitling

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 12:00:27 »
Wasn't gonna jump in on this but at the price its just too hard to pass up!

Offline Axiomatik

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 13:07:06 »
I'm in for a black one! Might have to wait for those "Tealios" switches though...

What software will the PCB use?
-Axiomatik

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 13:13:42 »
I think he said PS2AVRGB for programming support.

Offline kimbles

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 13:17:32 »
Can you let us know if the color of the blue kit is the same one as in the picture on your site?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 13:30:36 »
I'm in for a black one! Might have to wait for those "Tealios" switches though...

What software will the PCB use?

As E.E.L mentioned, PS2AVRGB so you can use BootMapper or whatever your favorite GUI is.

Can you let us know if the color of the blue kit is the same one as in the picture on your site?

Yes - the blue kit is the same as the second from the right in the kit with 4 cases. That was the blue produced in R1 and it has not been changed.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 13:51:02 »

Sorry mate - if we could ship this for $20 across the ocean, we certainly would, but at this weight we can't even ship it across the country to the West Coast for $20 (ranges anywhere between $20-23).

Just my $.02 on shipping, east coast to west coast for a 20x10x4 box weighing 2.5lbs is only $20.75 with $160 insurance and $2.50 packing materials cost factored in, and it only gets cheaper the closer the shipping zone, and shipping the same box to Aus via First Class International is $34.56 with the same $2.50 for materials, though no insurance that I'm aware of. So yeah, $20 to Aus isn't possible, under $40 is probably possible tho, and it should def be possible to get a smaller(albeit heavier) box to the west coast for $20, though I can't get an exact price atm since my internet barely handles GH.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 13:54:18 »

Just my $.02 on shipping, east coast to west coast for a 20x10x4 box weighing 2.5lbs is only $20.75 with $160 insurance and $2.50 packing materials cost factored in, and it only gets cheaper the closer the shipping zone, and shipping the same box to Aus via First Class International is $34.56 with the same $2.50 for materials, though no insurance that I'm aware of. So yeah, $20 to Aus isn't possible, under $40 is probably possible tho, and it should def be possible to get a smaller(albeit heavier) box to the west coast for $20, though I can't get an exact price atm since my internet barely handles GH.

Yes, I know. The stated weight in the description for the whole package is estimated to be ~3.5 lbs. We aren't willing to ship these keyboards without insurance so Priority Mail is the only option here.

The shipping costs are auto-calculated based on zone. Many on the East Coast (we're based in NYC) are paying as little as $14 for PM shipping.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 14:19:30 »

Yes, I know. The stated weight in the description for the whole package is estimated to be ~3.5 lbs. We aren't willing to ship these keyboards without insurance so Priority Mail is the only option here.

The shipping costs are auto-calculated based on zone. Many on the East Coast (we're based in NYC) are paying as little as $14 for PM shipping.

Checking out your site, I got $11.06 shipping, so not bad. The 3.5lbs does seem like a lot, that's like 1.5lbs of packaging if the board itself is 2lbs? That's a lot imo, since the 20104 boxes I mentioned before are themselves 10oz, and with Coniferous I ended up with maybe 2-3oz of bubblewrap to secure the sets in the boxes. Considering you'll have smaller boxes, mayhaps a 1664, I'm certain that you can't possibly be using 3/4 of a pound of bubblewrap since that's like 50ft. With some dense packing foam that could maybe weigh that much, but I'm still not certain.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 14:45:34 »
I mailed a GSX96 to AUS with a healthy bit of that foam wrap that's popular in China and it came to 2 lb 12 oz. 3/4 of a pound difference seems excessive.

Offline sneaky101

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:23:26 »
Purchase is kill.

It's a heavy board, shipping any kind of thing like this is going to be expensive to AU. Considering the major competitor, ZZ96, is double the price without shipping, does $35 really break you on this decision?

It is when original GSX96 was $90 + drop shipping via DHL.

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:27:46 »
Purchase is kill.

Yes, shipping to Australia has also killed it for me on this buy.

It is $52 to Australia, but if you also add switches in your order.. it jumps to $72 for shipping!!

I was the Australian that terrymatthews sent the kit to, and i love this keyboard, so i was was very keen on purchasing a second :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:13:46 by speaktobrett »

Offline Davyb123music

• "Music is the Best"- FZ
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:41:43 »
Joined this morning, also!  Thank you so much for putting this together!!!

The painful wait begins...........

Offline Axiomatik

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:50:59 »
Purchase is kill.

It is $52 to Australia, but if you also add switches in your order.. it jumps to $72 for shipping!!

I was the Australian that terrymatthews sent the kit to, and i love this keyboard, so i was was very keen on purchasing a second :(

🤔
-Axiomatik

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 16:56:09 »
Purchase is kill.

🤔

Kind of makes the 10% switch discount redundant doesnt it??!

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 17:35:34 »
Hi everyone - thanks for your comments and I hear your concerns.

USPS PM shipping is calculated via weight and zone/distance in increments of 1lb (i.e. 3.1lbs and 3.5lbs and 3.9lbs are all charged at a 4lb shipping rate).

I mailed a GSX96 to AUS with a healthy bit of that foam wrap that's popular in China and it came to 2 lb 12 oz. 3/4 of a pound difference seems excessive.

Thanks for the comparison. Can I ask what all accessories it included (assuming aluminum feet and full stabilizer set?). Our plan is to have boxes made to fit the 96KEE (with foam and/or bubblewrap), as well as a bit of room in case anyone adds switches and other accessories to their order. Even the addition of 4.5oz would automatically bump it to the 4lb weight class which is what all the kit orders are based off right now if you check shipping for just the Full Kit. We are allowing ourselves a bit of room in case we decide to use a sturdier material or heavier packaging.

If you have an issue, then I do not mind if you do not participate in this Group Buy. I'm sorry it has priced out Australians, but for Americans participating in Group Buys that originate from the other side of the pacific, we are used to paying $50-60+ for shipping to the US for kits alone and it's unfortunate for y'all that it's reversed this time. (a quick check of recent GB prices $45-90 from Malaysia/China/Korea to the US for weights ranging from 3-6lbs).

Purchase is kill.

If you find an equivalent board or group buy that will be cheaper for you, then by all means please join it. I am not forcing anyone to participate in this group buy and would not want anyone to join if there was a cheaper option for them elsewhere!

Purchase is kill.

Kind of makes the 10% switch discount redundant doesnt it??!

You can buy your switches from elsewhere... Not all group buys and items and shops are going to be able to be a financial home run for everyone in the world (or at least from my perspective -- perhaps I'm not wise enough or capable enough to figure it out) so this seems to be the case for potential ex-US buyers in this Group Buy.

~110 Zealios adds ~ 7.5oz which in this case would push the package into the 5lb tier which is why there is an increase in the shipping fee. The shipping fees are auto-generate by Shopify based on weight and location according the USPS schedule with a small margin to account for packaging materials. If TerryMathews can ship it for cheaper then maybe he could purchase it for you and send it to you?

If the group buy is not in your price range, then you do not need to join. Unfortunately I cannot lower the shipping price to Australia to $20 and I hope perhaps someone in Australia will one day run a GB of a kit for y'all that makes the overall price cheaper.

I really do appreciate the feedback, but I don't think these prices are beyond reality.

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 17:44:44 »

You can buy your switches from elsewhere... Not all group buys and items and shops are going to be able to be a financial home run for everyone in the world (or at least from my perspective -- perhaps I'm not wise enough or capable enough to figure it out) so this seems to be the case for potential ex-US buyers in this Group Buy.

~110 Zealios adds ~ 7.5oz which in this case would push the package into the 5lb tier which is why there is an increase in the shipping fee. The shipping fees are auto-generate by Shopify based on weight and location according the USPS schedule with a small margin to account for packaging materials. If TerryMathews can ship it for cheaper then maybe he could purchase it for you and send it to you?

If the group buy is not in your price range, then you do not need to join. Unfortunately I cannot lower the shipping price to Australia to $20 and I hope perhaps someone in Australia will one day run a GB of a kit for y'all that makes the overall price cheaper.

I really do appreciate the feedback, but I don't think these prices are beyond reality.

Hi cynviloq,

Thanks for hearing our concerns.

I understand $20USD is not reasonable for shipping such a weight, I just think $72USD prices us out of the GB which is sad :(
I had my heart set on it.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 17:51:06 »

Hi cynviloq,

Thanks for hearing our concerns.

I understand $20USD is not reasonable for shipping such a weight, I just think $72USD prices us out of the GB which is sad :(
I had my heart set on it.

I know and I'm very sorry - but for the kit alone, I do not believe ~$50 is outrageous for USPS Priority Mail with tracking and insurance.

Please understand that for all my orders, if the actual weight calculated at the end of the day moves to a different tier, they are refunded the difference in tiers automatically. I just can't promise that because we have set an approximation and would not feel comfortable saying that you may get a refund on shipping once the kits are in. Sure it could happen, but I don't know the likelihood.

In any case, even if it were to move down a tier (to the 3lb tier), the difference would be ~$10 for Priority Mail - which if the $10 difference (5% of the total cost) is what is keeping you from participating, then purchasing a $200+ keyboard is probably not a wise financial decision.

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 18:50:52 »
Purchase is kill.

And its not like the 'improvements' are significant.

https://world.taobao.com/item/545282990880.htm Have fun Brett.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 19:25:53 »
Purchase is kill.

1) That's just the PCB, and it's the bad red one. The new one has an improved black/gold PCB.

2) Shipping to Australia is $50 for any keyboard kit, not just this one. There's a reason we make jokes about the "Australia tax." This kit is cheaper than almost every other 96 out there (except the welfare96, which is acrylic, and the YMD96, which is a sandwich case). The thing to be mad at here is the price of freight, not Mehkee. I did some checking with other carriers and even DHL is like $40. The new GSX is also thicker and has more mounting points than the original.

Ordering through a proxy might reduce your shipping cost.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:14:47 »
In for a full kit in black, really like the features and design of this. Hoping to pair this with GMK Laser eventually.

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:35:16 »
Meh
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:45:06 by hkf »

Offline Axiomatik

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:39:46 »

wait what... Is that the same? Mehkee should make a profit, but what exactly are we paying for?

Also can somebody explain the value of a black/gold pcb, when you can't even see the PCB...
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:43:18 by Axiomatik »
-Axiomatik

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:49:05 »
1) https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88251.0

2) I actually live in australia and shipping has never exceeded $50 usd for anything (they are usually $45 for 3kgs from US, $30 for SK/SEA) but lets defend someone that is already blatantly flipping taobao products for 80%+ markup!

That topic links to the same Taobao listing. It's just plate or PCB. I can read the Chinese, but Google translate should confirm.

Mehkee worked to improve the existing product. I was talking to him about it the entire time. He is most definitely NOT flipping Taobao products for a quick profit in this case.

wait what... Is that the same? Mehkee should make a profit, but what exactly are we paying for?

It's the PCB or plate for the old version. The new version has an entirely new PCB and plate.

Also can somebody explain the value of a black/gold pcb, when you can't even see the PCB...

The red PCB was a principal complaint from the last round. It doesn't look very good, and it wasn't the best quality. Cynviloq tells me the new PCB looks (in his own words), "baller" and is better quality.

Offline Axiomatik

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 20:56:05 »
1) https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88251.0

2) I actually live in australia and shipping has never exceeded $50 usd for anything (they are usually $45 for 3kgs from US, $30 for SK/SEA) but lets defend someone that is already blatantly flipping taobao products for 80%+ markup!

That topic links to the same Taobao listing. It's just plate or PCB. I can read the Chinese, but Google translate should confirm.

Mehkee worked to improve the existing product. I was talking to him about it the entire time. He is most definitely NOT flipping Taobao products for a quick profit in this case.

It's the PCB or plate for the old version. The new version has an entirely new PCB and plate.

The red PCB was a principal complaint from the last round. It doesn't look very good, and it wasn't the best quality. Cynviloq tells me the new PCB looks (in his own words), "baller" and is better quality.

Hmmm... I'm going to need some clarification or I'm going to cancel my order, because this is getting a bit sketchy imo. In the other thread cynviloq is saying he's never seen the PCB before

Again, I understand people need to make a profit, but it's seeming more and more like this is just a proxy service.

-Axiomatik

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 21:02:14 »
Hasn't been produced yet =/= he's never seen it (pre-production sample, perhaps?). He clearly says the new version will be black and gold.

Offline jKaw

[GB] 96KEE - 96-key Aluminum Kit for $165 + Shipping (aka GSX96 R2)
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 21:16:15 »
Waiting on my two acrylic GSX96 that I bought direct from the Taobao seller that cynviloq recommended me too. Supposed to have rev 2 PCB as well. I'll jump in after I examine how this previous kit fits together.

Definitely will be in for two if it works out perfectly.

Would these Aluminum housing fit the rev 2 PCB? In case we would want to switch the housing from acrylic to Aluminum on a whim. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 21:20:23 by jKaw »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 22:23:14 »
Hmmm... I'm going to need some clarification or I'm going to cancel my order, because this is getting a bit sketchy imo. In the other thread cynviloq is saying he's never seen the PCB before

Again, I understand people need to make a profit, but it's seeming more and more like this is just a proxy service.

Hasn't been produced yet =/= he's never seen it (pre-production sample, perhaps?). He clearly says the new version will be black and gold.

He hasn't seen it but he predicts that it will look baller.

I should have been more clear, sorry.

From what he's told me, it'll look something like zeal65 PCB, but I CANNOT CONFIRM. I just know it'll be black and gold.

zeal65 picture for reference

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 05:15:59 »
There won't be gold tracing like Zeal's PCB and I wouldn't compare it to his.

Here is a sample production picture - I don't have final pictures as it's still being revised with the proper standoff holes for the 96 key layout. It's not that I haven't seen the PCB before and of course it hasn't been produced - the Group Buy is still running?

This is the factory's first time producing PCBs in this colorway. Yes, it is a value factory relative to other PCB manufacturers so they do not have a wide range of production samples that we can choose from and view.

Hkf's link (the original round) doesn't have cases available anymore, the prior round was run at a significant loss to the original group buy runner on TaoBao. I reached out to him to convince him to do an R2 after feedback on both the GSX96 thread and Reddit.

If there is a proxy on TB that you would like to purchase through, please do so, though I'm not sure there will be one as I won't be asking for proxies and the original GB runner has told me he plans to only run more cases for this GB (verbal agreement).

If you find this to be "sketchy", then please don't participate if you believe it to be risky as it is a group buy.

Again, I am not forcing anyone to participate and I'm generally pretty transparent about not only my business but my group buys. If you have questions please feel free to keep asking them.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2017, 05:35:18 by cynviloq »

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 05:17:47 »
Waiting on my two acrylic GSX96 that I bought direct from the Taobao seller that cynviloq recommended me too. Supposed to have rev 2 PCB as well. I'll jump in after I examine how this previous kit fits together.

Would these Aluminum housing fit the rev 2 PCB? In case we would want to switch the housing from acrylic to Aluminum on a whim. 

The standoffs from the Acrylic Kit should match up for the aluminum case, but I can't guarantee it... At the minimum you should be able to use at least 5 of the overlapping standoffs that were carried over from the first PCB to both of these rev 2.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 05:19:22 »
Meh

If you do have concerns with how I operate my business, I'm always happy to discuss and listen to criticisms - feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Offline jKaw

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 06:45:19 »

The standoffs from the Acrylic Kit should match up for the aluminum case, but I can't guarantee it... At the minimum you should be able to use at least 5 of the overlapping standoffs that were carried over from the first PCB to both of these rev 2.

Thanks! If anything I'll wait a bit until I have the PCB on hand in a few days / next week and try to match up with the aluminum housing that you have depicted. I definitely want an aluminum kit, just don't know if I should go in for extra or not.

Offline kimbles

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 12:15:41 »
Purchase is kill.

Isn't the kit for this cheaper than the one you bought on mechmarket though?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 16:17:53 »
Purchase is kill.

No, the kit on mechmarket was cheaper.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2017, 16:21:01 by speaktobrett »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 21:34:12 »
Purchase is kill.

Not after shipping, because I didn't pad mine with an extra pound of weight...

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 11:19:51 »
Just a quick update - about 48 kits ordered so far with the large majority being Black and Titanium Grey! For those ordering 3+ kits each, I do not envy your soldering parties.

Offline E.E.L. Ambiense

• Acrylic Heretic
Re: [GB] 96KEE - 96-key Aluminum Kit for $165 + Shipping (ends August 16th)
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 13:17:29 »
 :))

Offline constellation

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 21:46:09 »
Is titanium grey the one pictured on the bottom right of the last picture on this image? Or is that the black?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1799/1839/products/pIQfYWZ_1024x1024.jpg?v=1500952298

Trying to gauge how dark the grey really is (I like my greys darkkkkk)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 21:56:41 »
That's titanium gray. I have an r1 titanium gray case. It's fairly dark but you won't mistake it for black in person :)
keyboards.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 22:08:51 »
Is titanium grey the one pictured on the bottom right of the last picture on this image? Or is that the black?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1799/1839/products/pIQfYWZ_1024x1024.jpg?v=1500952298

Trying to gauge how dark the grey really is (I like my greys darkkkkk)

The set of built kit pictures on the brown background is also Titanium Grey!