Author Topic: [GB]CAMP C225 80% and CAMP PAD Custom Aluminum Keyboard  (Read 93671 times)

Offline kaziolas

Re: [GB]CAMP C225 80% and CAMP PAD Custom Aluminum Keyboard
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 11:55:44 »
I dont understand how there is not a single company who would accept unlimited orders with the design like that? Why there is always a limited ordering with any custom aluminium cases???

P.S. Devs of this forum, change this terrible captcha nonsense

Seems like they sold out almost all of their keyboards as well.. Whats going on here  :eek:

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 12:24:12 »
I dont understand how there is not a single company who would accept unlimited orders with the design like that? Why there is always a limited ordering with any custom aluminium cases???

Seems like they sold out almost all of their keyboards as well.. Whats going on here  :eek:

That's just kind of the deal with this hobby; most everything is limited supply and if it's not, few people want it generally. Your best bet is to just monitor threads of builds you like; and when the gb opens take your opportunity. You wait a lot in this hobby. You wait for a keyboard you like in IC phase, you wait for the gb to come, then you wait for them to be built, and wait for it to ship. It's just how it is. Like previously mentioned, many of those that run gbs are just hobbyists themselves.

Offline kaziolas

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 12:30:15 »

That's just kind of the deal with this hobby; most everything is limited supply and if it's not, few people want it generally. Your best bet is to just monitor threads of builds you like; and when the gb opens take your opportunity. You wait a lot in this hobby. You wait for a keyboard you like in IC phase, you wait for the gb to come, then you wait for them to be built, and wait for it to ship. It's just how it is. Like previously mentioned, many of those that run gbs are just hobbyists themselves.

I see, thanks for the heads up. Will have to wait I guess. I am not in a rush anyway, but I thought at least 1 company would be making them non stop

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 12:51:50 »
High end customs not so much. You can get a decent board on several websites they just might not be... what you seek if you're in this thread; I'm not sure if you're looking for an aluminum casing in particular, but you can try 1upkeyboards.com, zfrontier, kbdfans.. There are several; but I'll stop so I don't further derail the thread.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #354 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 16:07:31 »

Once you start posting more the captcha won't be there and you can post your nonsense quicker :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline kaziolas

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 17:32:16 »
High end customs not so much. You can get a decent board on several websites they just might not be... what you seek if you're in this thread; I'm not sure if you're looking for an aluminum casing in particular, but you can try 1upkeyboards.com, zfrontier, kbdfans.. There are several; but I'll stop so I don't further derail the thread.

Yeah I am after the TKL aluminum casing. I have seen a few amazing designs here, but it seems a bit harder to get a hands on a nice custom piece than I thought. I went to these websites but its either sold out or not what I am looking for. I think I will just have to wait for the opportunity

Offline sroop

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 22:39:32 »
Are there any replacement PCB's available for this board? I really hope I don't have a paper weight..

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #357 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 01:02:02 »
Are there any replacement PCB's available for this board? I really hope I don't have a paper weight..

was thinking the Hiney h87 would fit but then I realized the USB is left aligned on this one.  Surely there's a TKL PCB out there that will fit

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 November 2020, 01:14:42 by pixelpusher »