Author Topic: [GB] GMK Royal Alpha Round 2 - US Proxy Orders Shipped  (Read 35777 times)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
[GB] GMK Royal Alpha Round 2 - US Proxy Orders Shipped
« on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 17:14:56 »
Update 2-24-18
Because some people didn't get PayPal emails with their tracking numbers, I've put the order numbers and tracking numbers in a viewable spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jiNdNk0EePL5vACFW00VhjYRDTIY0EW1byB60DH2Fcc/edit?usp=sharing

Update 2-22-18

All orders placed via donutcables.com have been shipped as of approximately 1530 this afternoon. There should be an email from PayPal with your tracking number, but let me know if there isn't since PayPal did give me a bit of trouble with the very earliest orders.

Update 2-21-18

Update 2-15-18:
Got a tracking number this morning, so sets are moving even more quickly than anticipated.

Update 2-14-18:

Got a nice update today:

Hopefully we'll be looking at the sets on me and the proxies' doorsteps by the end of Feb.

More
Live at https://donutcables.com/product/gmk-royal-alpha-round-2/

Price for the base kit at 250 units is $135.

Current MOQs:
 - Green Base Kit - 213/250
 - White Mods Kit - 44/150
 - International Kit - 14/100
 - Spacebars - 179/150

Green Base Kit is really close to the 250 price drop point and I've extended the buy period until Friday to see if we can get the base kit to the 250 point.

Edit: finally got more quotes from GMK and I'm ready to get this started again. The "Green Mods Kit" and "Alphas Kit" have been combined into the "Green Base Kit", just like tons of people suggested, but I was a bit stubborn and failed at trying to please everyone. Go ahead and say "told you so" if you want, I'm prepared for it. But yeah, the price is noticeably better now for everyone that wanted the green mods. Both my store and the stores of my proxies should be updated over the next couple days and anyone that already ordered will be receiving either a refund for the price difference or an email to discus options due to kit adjustments.

New kits are done and ready to go

New Green Base Kit, GMK mockup coming soon $149 at 150 moq

Timeline:
 - GB stage from 10/11 to 11/7
 - Submit payment to GMK 11/8-11/15
 - November-January, GMK makes keycaps
 - Mid-late January, GMK ships keycaps to me
 - Early to mid February, I ship out keycaps

Price points:

Green Base Kit:

-  $149 at 150 moq

White Mods Kit

-  $84 at 150 moq

International Kit:

$45 at 100 moq

Spacebars Kit:

$20 at 150 moq

Prices aren't as low as I wanted them to be, but with the Euro almost 8% higher than when I ran Coniferous and the size of these kits, it's difficult to keep the price low. Someone pointed out "still lower than aftermarket tho" and that's true.

This is being run through my store this time instead of a Google form, meaning that not only do I not have to manually send out invoices, I also don't have to invoice separately for shipping like I did with Coniferous, saving everyone and myself some time. This does mean that I'll have to manually refund people for hitting price points, but that's worth it.

PLEASE make sure and read the entire description for important details before attempting to purchase.

EU proxy from MechBoardsUk at https://mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/gmk-royal-alpha-r2/ , China and Asia proxies at zFrontier http://www.zfrontier.com/m/3232 and KP Group https://shop105902419.taobao.com/ .

In regards to shipping, I have implemented automatic shipping calculation at checkout which according to my testing is working fine. For anyone in the CONUS shipping is via USPS Priority mail with insurance included. For Canada and other international there are two different options: First Class International which DOES NOT include insurance, and Priority International which DOES include insurance. Please read my disclaimer in the description of the GB page which elaborates on the two different methods.

« Last Edit: Sat, 24 February 2018, 16:49:43 by donutcat »

Offline klove4252

Re: [GB] GMK Royal Alpha Round 2
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 18:17:00 »
Thank you so much for putting this all together!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline fishpod

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 19:54:24 »
looks good :thumb:

what about the price drop when these kits hit certain moq?

Offline avid

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 19:56:33 »
i like the small international kit.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 October 2017, 20:04:49 by avid »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 20:10:05 »

No price points mentioned currently since the quote was apparently a bit rushed. If some of the kits make it to MOQ I'll inquire about the next price drops.

Offline fishpod

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 20:14:00 »

No price points mentioned currently since the quote was apparently a bit rushed. If some of the kits make it to MOQ I'll inquire about the next price drops.

thanks for the reply donut :thumb: really digging all your keycap GBs from Coniferous to this R2 bae GLWGB!
Now i am just praying i could afford a Royal Alpha R2 and a Necro at the same time lol

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 20:35:02 »
a bit sad this backspace 1.5u is missing

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 03:34:06 »
Why are the Alphas so expensive? Is it due to the pad printing? Last time I checked, the cost for a similar set was lower.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 09:22:25 »
Tempted

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 09:39:51 »
Why are the Alphas so expensive? Is it due to the pad printing? Last time I checked, the cost for a similar set was lower.

For users, pad printing coming at a premium is nonsense, if it will make the keys looking ugly while fading. Cost-wise for GMK pad printing is an extra manufacturing step that would rise the price.

Offline iArson

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:05:11 »
I would be all over this, but the pricing is steep. I understand how everything is separated but I could essentially get two other sets for this one. Gotta think on it.

Offline avid

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:15:59 »
x1 Alphas + x1 mods on mechboards is $216.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 10:19:50 by avid »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 11:05:13 »

Pad printing on keycaps that are already doubleshot is running them through a whole other production process which increases production time and cost, meaning a doubleshot + printed set is more than either of the two separate.

For users, pad printing coming at a premium is nonsense, if it will make the keys looking ugly while fading. Cost-wise for GMK pad printing is an extra manufacturing step that would rise the price.

Unfortunately, GMK isn't gonna undercut their costs just because some users see their extra processing time and costs as a drawback. In reality, GMK pad printing is the best quality pad printing you'll ever see and may actually rival some dye-sub. I've never seen a set of Royal Alpha so far that has any wear on the printing, so it does seem durable enough for enthusiast use.

x1 Alphas + x1 mods on mechboards is $216.

That would be because of the 19% GMK VAT afaik.

Offline AndyTC

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 11:26:32 »
Unfortunately, GMK isn't gonna undercut their costs just because some users see their extra processing time and costs as a drawback. In reality, GMK pad printing is the best quality pad printing you'll ever see and may actually rival some dye-sub. I've never seen a set of Royal Alpha so far that has any wear on the printing, so it does seem durable enough for enthusiast use.

GMK 100% does fade/ wear off with use, one of my sets of RA is starting too.
It is fine for light use though (which is why you don't see any that have faded because nobody actually uses their sets )

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 11:45:14 »
I would be all over this, but the pricing is steep. I understand how everything is separated but I could essentially get two other sets for this one. Gotta think on it.

On the same boat here.  In comparison, 9009 R2 Base Kit at 150 MoQ is $145.  RA R2 Alphas + Green Mods at 150 MoQ is $181.

I really want this but can not come up with rationale to justify the price difference.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 October 2017, 11:58:06 by OracleKev »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 12 October 2017, 12:26:52 »
Proxy links are now up

EU proxy from MechBoardsUk at https://mechboards.co.uk/shop/all/gmk-royal-alpha-r2/ , China and Asia proxies at zFrontier http://www.zfrontier.com/m/3232 and KP Group https://shop105902419.taobao.com/ .

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 16:43:51 »
The current MOQs are at:

-  Alphas Kit – 28/150 units
  -  White Mods Kit – 10/150 units
  - Green Mods Kit – 25/150 units
  -  International Kit – 5/100 units
  -  Spacebars kit – 21/150 units

This includes numbers from myself and zFrontier only at the moment.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 13 October 2017, 19:04:15 »
question - will i be charged at checkout or on November 7?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 10:35:22 »
At this time, orders are going to be temporarily unavailable. I'm going to be consulting with GMK over the next couple of days concerning a method to lower the prices of the kits, if my idea actually makes any sense and I'm not missing something important. If the kit changes do go through, anyone that has already ordered will be refunded the difference in pricing of the kits that they have ordered. If the changes can't actually be implemented, orders will reopen as usual.

Orders are charged at checkout since this goes right through my store rather than through delayed invoicing.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 11:26:25 »
At this time, orders are going to be temporarily unavailable. I'm going to be consulting with GMK over the next couple of days concerning a method to lower the prices of the kits, if my idea actually makes any sense and I'm not missing something important. If the kit changes do go through, anyone that has already ordered will be refunded the difference in pricing of the kits that they have ordered. If the changes can't actually be implemented, orders will reopen as usual.

Orders are charged at checkout since this goes right through my store rather than through delayed invoicing.

Just order the full set and then split them into addons. 60 USD alphas.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
Re: [GB] GMK Royal Alpha Round 2 - slightly paused
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 16:36:17 »

That is an interesting idea, tho I'll have to wait for a quote from GMK to compare the numbers to know for certain. It would make hitting MOQ very easy, but there's also the issue that I would have to order as many sets as the highest kit reached, and I could be left having to foot the cost of like 50 mod kits or something. Not only could I not afford to do that, but then I'd just have a bunch of mod kits laying around that I probably would never get my money back out of. Oh well, after exhausting every option I'll just have to pick the one that upsets the least amount of people.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 17:59:15 »

That is an interesting idea, tho I'll have to wait for a quote from GMK to compare the numbers to know for certain. It would make hitting MOQ very easy, but there's also the issue that I would have to order as many sets as the highest kit reached, and I could be left having to foot the cost of like 50 mod kits or something. Not only could I not afford to do that, but then I'd just have a bunch of mod kits laying around that I probably would never get my money back out of. Oh well, after exhausting every option I'll just have to pick the one that upsets the least amount of people.

You could put the sets for sale on a first come first serve basis. The last ones of us that will order will accept the fact that their order could be cancelled if there are more orders for the alphas than for the modifiers, or vice versa.

About the EU proxy, if you find someone who has a vat number, he can have a fiscal benefit from purchasing the goods from GMK, so he can share the benefit with you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 October 2017, 18:05:51 by Giorgio »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 18:20:20 »

You could put the sets for sale on a first come first serve basis. The last ones of us that will order will accept the fact that their order could be cancelled if there are more orders for the alphas than for the modifiers, or vice versa.

About the EU proxy, if you find someone who has a vat number, he can have a fiscal benefit from purchasing the goods from GMK, so he can share the benefit with you.

Hmm, something like that could potentially work if done right.

Also, afaik the only benefit of having a VAT number when dealing with GMK is that you can purchase from them without their 19% VAT. Seeing as I'm outside the EU, I already get to order without the VAT.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
Re: [GB] GMK Royal Alpha Round 2 - 3rd time's the charm!
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:17:25 »
I finally got more quotes from GMK and I'm ready to get this started again. The "Green Mods Kit" and "Alphas Kit" have been combined into the "Green Base Kit", just like tons of people suggested, but I was a bit stubborn and failed at trying to please everyone. Go ahead and say "told you so" if you want, I'm prepared for it. But yeah, the price is noticeably better now for everyone that wanted the green mods. Both my store and the stores of my proxies should be updated over the next couple days and anyone that already ordered will be receiving either a refund for the price difference or an email to discus options due to kit adjustments.

New Green Base Kit, GMK mockup coming soon $149 at 150 moq
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:22:56 by donutcat »

Offline avid

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:36:35 »
Huge difference going from +210 for alpha+mods to 150 for base. Looks good!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:37:38 »

ye

nice job DC
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline avid

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 17:02:25 »
How is the 3k colorway? I've seen the picture of GMK colorways. It looks quite simular to CP - is it?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 18:08:50 »
How is the 3k colorway? I've seen the picture of GMK colorways. It looks quite simular to CP - is it?
More of a "subdued" white, if you will. Doesn't feel as sharp on the eyes as CP.

Offline fishpod

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 23:56:07 »
love you donut!!!!! now i am getting both the white mods and the new base :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 13:42:09 »
Thank you for your hard work. Appreciate the effort in trying to lower the price. This set is going to make a lot of people happy.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 23:30:20 »

Ditto! IN for at least base set!

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 12:28:59 »
Will we be able to order through mechboards.co.uk again?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 13:40:17 »
Will we be able to order through mechboards.co.uk again?

Yes, he should have it adjusted on his store page within the next couple days.

Offline poolside

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 08:32:52 »
The only difference regarding alpha legends between rounds 1 and 2 seems to be with the R4 1u \| <> keycap. R1 had the <> symbols doubleshot with pad-printed \|. It is reversed here in R2. Is that on purpose?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 10:59:28 »
The only difference regarding alpha legends between rounds 1 and 2 seems to be with the R4 1u \| <> keycap. R1 had the <> symbols doubleshot with pad-printed \|. It is reversed here in R2. Is that on purpose?

I went by the original GMK mockups for the R1 of the set which had the \| doubleshot with <> pad printed.

Offline fishpod

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 12:11:14 »
MOQs are listed below and I will be updating them every day.
Green Base Kit – 267/150 units
White Mods Kit – 18/150 units
International Kit – 7/100 units
Spacebars kit – 58/150 units

The number of the Green Base Kit is insane!  A price drop maybe?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 13:18:02 »
MOQs are listed below and I will be updating them every day.
Green Base Kit – 267/150 units
White Mods Kit – 18/150 units
International Kit – 7/100 units
Spacebars kit – 58/150 units

The number of the Green Base Kit is insane!  A price drop maybe?

Oh. I didn't doublecheck what I typed :|  I wish it was that high, but it's really only 86 currently.

Offline poolside

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 13:50:06 »

I went by the original GMK mockups for the R1 of the set which had the \| doubleshot with <> pad printed.

That cap was actually made with <> as the main doubleshot legend with the pad printed \|. The change happened after the GMK and Massdrop mockups were made, but these were not updated.

Offline vn02563512

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 20:59:31 »
are u sell it at en.zfrontier.com, i dont have acc at zfrontier.com (china)  :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 21:01:32 »
are u sell it at en.zfrontier.com, i dont have acc at zfrontier.com (china)  :(

Live at https://donutcables.com/product/gmk-royal-alpha-round-2/

Seems like another place to buy from in China (KP), but you could buy from any probably.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 14:50:30 »
Current MOQs:

Green Base Kit - 110/150 units
    White Mods Kit - 30/150 units
    International Kit - 11/100 units
    Spacebars kit - 95/150 units

Numbers are going pretty strong and we still have almost 2 weeks to get there.

Offline lovetree

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 19:41:30 »
Current MOQs:

Unfortunately, white mod seems to be hard to reach the MOQ.  :-[

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 19:51:01 »
Current MOQs:

Unfortunately, white mod seems to be hard to reach the MOQ.  :-[

There's always hope for the dyesub PBT set if you're looking for all white.

Offline ioioioio

• ioioioio
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:14:03 »
Hey,if i order this from DC website,can you shipping it to asia,especially indonesia ? because i want to order this from zf and KP but i dont even understand their chinese language at their website tho

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:30:42 »
Hey,if i order this from DC website,can you shipping it to asia,especially indonesia ? because i want to order this from zf and KP but i dont even understand their chinese language at their website tho

I can, but know that the shipping cost will be more than if you ordered from KP since US -> international costs are quite high.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 16:24:07 »
Current MOQs:

Massdrop actually has the grey mods in stock if you wanted to get them to match lol. Who knows how well the colors would match tho.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 16:35:03 »
Current MOQs:

Massdrop actually has the grey mods in stock if you wanted to get them to match lol. Who knows how well the colors would match tho.

?  Where do you see things that are "in stock" on Massdrop?

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 16:44:23 »
Current MOQs:

?  Where do you see things that are "in stock" on Massdrop?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/capatoa-keycap-explosion

181008-0

They are still available. I also ordered the light grey mods when the sale went live.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 17:35:43 »
Yikes.  I went there and saw godspeed alphas available so quickly added them to my cart.  Then I accidentally hit join instead of adding the modifiers.  I added mods and went to check out.... it gave me the mods and the base kit was out. 

TLDR:  Bought Godspeed mods without alphas and I don't want them.

Sent a request to cancel the transaction.  Hope it does b/c I really didnt want a random SA mod set...

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 18:22:48 »

The colors are the same exact GMK color codes, so they should match fine. I'll actually encourage anyone that is dead set on the white alphas(like myself) to try and grab them from the sale. They're only 3 keys less than my white mods kit, are $3 cheaper, and there's no MOQ on them. At the moment of my writing this there's still enough to allow me to attempt to check out with them. The GB white mods are only at 31/150, so this might be your only shot at them.