Author Topic: First keyboard that i ever built.  (Read 2406 times)

Offline WudUpA

First keyboard that i ever built.
« on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 17:08:39 »
I finally built my keyboard.  After researching this site and buying all the parts.  I went for it.  I made the usual mistakes.  In the end after desoldering 3 switches and resoldering them...adding a jumper....and re-installing the layout several times, Its complete.

Tell me what you think!

Offline jihadu

Re: First keyboard that i ever built.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 22:08:18 »
Nice. The first one is always the hardest. My first build took about 4 hours to finish, but the second time around it took less than that to desolder and resolder in a different layout. How are you liking the datamancer case?

Offline WudUpA

Re: First keyboard that i ever built.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 22:54:16 »
I like the datamancer case....but its not like the one on the website.  I bought this off of ebay from a guy that said it was a datamancer and told me he got it from massdrop.  if you look at it...the cover has two large areas that are missing the veneer.  The metal threaded barrels that you put screws in to hold down the keyboard already popped out and i had to crazy glue them into place.   I'm not very satisfied with it.  I guess the previous owner wasn't as well....so he sold it on ebay....  All those things are easily fixable... so overall i give it a 5 out of 10.  I'm not dissatisfied...im neutral about it.