Author Topic: [IC] the Heavy-6: a Norbauer housing for the Leopold FC660C  (Read 79690 times)

Offline gizmoplex

Re: [IC] the Heavy-6: a Norbauer housing for the Leopold FC660C
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 07:06:24 »
any chance for the retro fridge color option?

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 08:57:20 »
I guess it's jut bad luck that I don't like the Fjell case design and prefer things a bit 'smoother'. I wasn't exactly happy when KBDFans also went for a more "industrialized" look for the KBD661. IIRC that did not work out well for him either.

Pic below is more in line with what I was expecting for this case:

Ah well, let's see how things go.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2018, 08:59:38 by nguyenhimself »

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:33:42 »
Ridiculously jazzed for this case omg.

Any idea on how far away from a GB we might be? It would be useful to know just so I can budget for this totally necessary expense

There was also mention of an EU proxy further up in the thread, relieved to know that's potentially a thing  :D

(also if anyone can source a sticker for the capacitance formula I'd be super interested in getting one of those on here)

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:48:05 »
I guess it's jut bad luck that I don't like the Fjell case design and prefer things a bit 'smoother'. I wasn't exactly happy when KBDFans also went for a more "industrialized" look for the KBD661. IIRC that did not work out well for him either.

Show Image

Show Image

ur not alone this fjell bezel stuff that is now appearing on 50% of new boards does not interest me in the slightest.

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 10:53:57 »
can I ask why you don't like the idea of USB C compatibility? I ask because I am trying to slowly shift over to USB-C one standard to rule them all. I love the prototype and would love for it to have and perhaps even include one of the Hasu controllers? Are a controller of your own design? either would be nice.
None of the daughter boards available for the fc660c have a USB-C connector and I very highly doubt that hasu would change his connector of choice at this point.

^ this

I get the desire, but I just don't think that conceptual purity or OCD completionism justify the fuss and extra expense. Somebody will just come out with a new standard in a few years to replace USB-C and we'll be in the same situation. Embrace the technological chaos. :)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 11:09:21 »

Any idea on how far away from a GB we might be? It would be useful to know just so I can budget for this totally necessary expense

There was also mention of an EU proxy further up in the thread, relieved to know that's potentially a thing  :D

(also if anyone can source a sticker for the capacitance formula I'd be super interested in getting one of those on here)

EU proxy is indeed very nice to have and I'm also down for a potential formula sticker! I think that'd be a nice touch to have as an option for those that want it.

Far as I know Norbauer's not got a tentative release for it as of yet but as per what was hinted at in the reddit thread I'd imagine it's quite plausible it'll be ready to launch this year.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:45:38 »
Regarding the geometry, I probably will actually reduce the overall thickness by approximately 1mm for slightly better ergonomics (which visually looks more or less identical), but that is as far as I can push it without causing technical problems due to the space required for the sub-PCB without basically having the connector hole at table-level. Even with the 1mm reduction, the connector hole lands in a place I don't like (see below), but it's probably worth the trade-off.

But otherwise I intend to remain with the same general hefty, industrial feel of the design on this one. For every person who might be turned off by the unusual design, somebody else is excited about it, and my projects are never about maximizing sales but about trying to do something unorthodox and creative. Good news is I always try to do something different on each project, so if this design doesn't resonate with you, then perhaps the next thing I do will. :D

Offline norbauer

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 12:53:24 »

Awesome. Thanks for the words of encouragement. :)

In terms of timing, I'd guess at least a month or two for the GB to get rolling. I want to be able to get samples in the powder coat finishes at the very least so I can heave real photos and not renders, and that will take a bit of time still. In terms of projected ship date, I figure we'd be looking at an end-of-the-year(ish) time frame.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 13:02:43 »
I wasn't exactly happy when KBDFans also went for a more "industrialized" look for the KBD661.

I guess we just have different tastes. I had never seen that design before, but I think it's absolutely fantastic.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 13:55:24 »
I really like the approach of over-reaching top piece, it's different from the current norm of metal cases with 2 halves meet in the middle and create a seam. It feels very wholesome and complete.

I would like to see may be an addition 1-2 degree tilt.

Offline haydoselefantes

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 14:37:47 »
Compatibility with the hasu controller is make or break for me.  I'm in for the Norbaforce, but I can use hasu's usb-usb converter for that.  Not so much with the FC660C and its Fn key.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:15:12 »
Awesome as usual, looks like I had better buy a 660C and start saving for this. Also it just occurred to me, have you ever considered making a case for the HHKB? I've heard and presume this is a much more complex task due to the plate/lack thereof?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:30:41 »
Awesome as usual, looks like I had better buy a 660C and start saving for this. Also it just occurred to me, have you ever considered making a case for the HHKB? I've heard and presume this is a much more complex task due to the plate/lack thereof?

The housings and plate (and top piece) is the same piece on the HHKB, whereas with this, RF, etc they're different pieces which is why it's complex :confused:

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:50:05 »

The housings and plate (and top piece) is the same piece on the HHKB, whereas with this, RF, etc they're different pieces which is why it's complex :confused:

Ahhh gotcha, looks like you've done a really nice job with the plate you just posted in the discord btw =]. So essentially somebody would most likely need to either design and manufacture their own housings+plate similar to that of the RF etc or design a case that could somehow encompass the existing housing/plate/top piece within it?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:50:51 »
can I ask why you don't like the idea of USB C compatibility? I ask because I am trying to slowly shift over to USB-C one standard to rule them all. I love the prototype and would love for it to have and perhaps even include one of the Hasu controllers? Are a controller of your own design? either would be nice.
None of the daughter boards available for the fc660c have a USB-C connector and I very highly doubt that hasu would change his connector of choice at this point.

^ this

I get the desire, but I just don't think that conceptual purity or OCD completionism justify the fuss and extra expense. Somebody will just come out with a new standard in a few years to replace USB-C and we'll be in the same situation. Embrace the technological chaos. :)

fair enough do you know if it will be possible for you to double check fit for the HASU controller least?

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:52:48 »
after the norbatouch and the wait for the norbaforce, I would like to take this too, but I'm safe because I do not have a 660c.

congratulations, you always make top products

many people asked him for the hhkb case, it would be great, I think Ryan can do it

KMK Labs.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:53:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

I wasn't exactly happy when KBDFans also went for a more "industrialized" look for the KBD661.

I guess we just have different tastes. I had never seen that design before, but I think it's absolutely fantastic.

don't quote me on this but I swear I read on Reddit that the KBD661 design was based on SA Keycap. That KBDfan's was told he should do a case based on the angle and profile of a SA cap and whelp.. he did cause it does look like a SA cap. I think it turned out nice and was unique.. not the same cookie cutter look everything seems to get.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 18:00:34 »

Ahhh gotcha, looks like you've done a really nice job with the plate you just posted in the discord btw =]. So essentially somebody would most likely need to either design and manufacture their own housings+plate similar to that of the RF etc or design a case that could somehow encompass the existing housing/plate/top piece within it?

Two options to use the PCB is HHKB-like construction, where the housings, plate, and top piece is the same piece, or RF-like construction, where the housings, plate, and top is all separate.

I think most want the HHKB-like when they think of a replacement HHKB case. You could do either though.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 18:20:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

don't quote me on this but I swear I read on Reddit that the KBD661 design was based on SA Keycap. That KBDfan's was told he should do a case based on the angle and profile of a SA cap and whelp.. he did cause it does look like a SA cap. I think it turned out nice and was unique.. not the same cookie cutter look everything seems to get.
It was actually supposed to look like a cherry cap not an SA one which ended up going over a lot of people's heads. Shame too because the board was super unique which is something that I personally really appreciate.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 18:30:22 »

Two options to use the PCB is HHKB-like construction, where the housings, plate, and top piece is the same piece, or RF-like construction, where the housings, plate, and top is all separate.

I think most want the HHKB-like when they think of a replacement HHKB case. You could do either though.

Cool, personally I wouldn't be bothered how someone achieved it. Just an HHKB in a custom case would be pretty sweet full stop to me, I realise others can have strong opinions. Either way, seems like we are getting closer to it as people seem to be trying more and more ambitious projects as time goes on!

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 19:15:58 »
YISSSSSSSSSS

It's really tall and bulky, Ryan.

But I'm in anyway; I've been waiting for a metal FC660C case way too long.
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 19:59:02 »
I'm in.  I'm buying this as soon as I can.  This is beautiful.  Thanks for making this happen!!!  :thumb:

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 20:21:44 »
You already know I’m in for this.

Offline mustcode

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 02:29:42 »
I don't mind the logo, if the color combination is good then I think it adds to it. But I do prefer it to be on the far-left than center.

Offline DribbelDog

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 02:32:01 »
Not a fan of visible logos.

Your logo is the design. It is instantly recognizable. Let the design be your signature.

A regular atelier wouldn't put their logo on the back of a nice suit. For those that care about labels, they place it tastefully on the inside of the blazer, like the approach you took with the Norbaforce.

The purpose of logos is for people to show off a brand - the intersection of conspicuous consumption and marketing. This item goes in your house - who are you showing off the brand to? Do you really need to be reminded that Norbauer made this case? Worse is that the logo design has multiple colors that detract from the asthetic. It reminds me of the colors and shape of the old Osprey logo on backpacks. Osprey finally decided to simplify their logo to a white logo because the original oval colored logo really clashed with several of the color options they offered and just looked dated.

If I was forced to live with a logo or branding on my keyboard I think the best solution was the Evil80 group buy, where users could create their own logo and have it machined and anodized in the color of their choice, both on the front and the bottom. In my case, I just left the logo blank.

I understand the sentiment, and I do agree that Norbauer doesn't need branding for people to know the case is of his design - however, I think the way it is incorporated here is quite tasteful and the logo itself is pretty cool. I can see why people wouldn't like it but I also think it's fairly inoffensively placed where it is.

Keyboards aren't suits and to me this adds to the design rather than taking away from it, not necessarily as a branding statement or "show off" but just as an addon.

Yes, this is pretty much the rationale. I'm already on the record as kind of hating conspicuous branding and wanting to avoid it on my stuff, but I've been surprised by how many people have expressly asked me to add some kind of "maker's mark," and this is my small gesture in that direction. I personally love the branding on a certain narrow set of things (Schoolhouse Electric lamps and clocks, Leica cameras, Montblanc pens and leather goods) and hate it on others (clothing, and pretty much everything else). I think it really just depends on the execution, my feelings about and sense of personal connection to the company/maker, and how visually obtrusive it is.

I mean, if for some odd reason people want to show that their case is something that came from me, well, I'm flattered and don't mind obliging, but I do want to keep it unobtrusive, so my requirements are: a) it be visually subtle and 2) actually add to the aesthetic properties of the object. I happen to love enamel-and-metal badges, though, and I think I could do something cool with it. But don't worry: if I can't find a way to pull it off nicely, I'll just leave it blank. As I see it now, the enamel color will vary based on which finish you select and should be complementary to that finish.

Re Wetherbee's point about home use, a lot of people actually use their keyboards in workplaces and view it as one of the few ways of adding something unique to their space, so a bit of signaling is actually a (perhaps guilty) part of the pleasure for some people. Anyway, let's not pretend that this hobby isn't at some level about a form of conspicuous consumption, even if we're just making it conspicuous to ourselves and our private aesthetic/tactile enthusiasms. ;) These are inherently fanciful objects.

Even though I realize we had the same discussion with the NorbaForce, and you brought up a rather compelling montblanc argument, I still feel I need to express my negative feelings towards the branding as well. In fact, this may very well be the only reason that could prevent me from wanting this case.

While I absolutely respect the tremendous work you put into these cases, and all I do is leave a comment on a rare occasion and press the 'buy' button, I still very much like the idea that the case is 'mine'. A logo reminds me that I just bought something. It makes it feel like a commercial product. I like how you bring up the workspace, because potential workspace usage is all the more reason for me to dislike the branding. Again, can't stress enough how much I respect the work, but I don't really feel the desire to explain to my peers who you are, while I do like to explain that something was a single production run group buy project. That makes it unique to me personally.

Regarding color: red is an absolute no-no to me, even though it would probably look amazing on the yellow color option. Something evenly silver, in which the actual pattern jumps out only because it is slightly raised, would be something I'd like more. But I guess I'm just trying to make it less visible ;).

Offline krey

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 02:35:08 »
mate, you are kind of forcing me to buy an fc660c, just so i can fit your case in it.

i like that idea.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline tuxkey

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 05:01:09 »
On the question of risers. i would recommend you abstain yourself try to ween of it so to say. it’s really bad for your wrists on the long run.
Im a dutch veteran and had sum physical issues with my legs and wrists related to my injuries when i was in service.
So had a lot of physical therapy the best money can buy all payed by dutch uncle sam.
And one thing all the physical therapists agreed on was don’t use the feet of your keyboard.
i’m allowed to use my wrist rest but only to rest on between typing and keep the angle of my keyboard at a min the angle of both my FC660M / FC660C are ok but no more that was the message i got when i had to show them how i typed...
really strange btw two physical therapists standing on both sides analysing how i stand , walk type posture and such hahaha..
If you plan to enjoy this hobby for years to come trust me no angle and take brakes change up the movement of your body stretch but that’s something everyone knows i think..
well it’s all preference i guess your young now so this all sounds far far away no need to concern your self with it..write ;-)
btw that’s the mean reason why i was hesitant to join the KBD661 GB the angle seemed to high.. And i don’t like the look of it reminds me of the FJELL..

in regards to the branding i don’t like it there and would much rather have it on the bottom plate (outside).
i also understand that you have the need as a designer to sign your work that’s why i would say bottom plate on the outside..keep the top / sides clean.

I totally agree with the EU proxy that’s a must.
Adding 21% + 11% makes this way way too much.

on the Hasu controller part it has the exact size as the original controller as far as i know i’m using it on my current board and i can’t live without it so a perfect fit also a must.
Also if you plan to give your keyboards the upgrade in feel/looks you don’t forget about the brains of the thing, that seems strange to me..
That also speaks to the USB-C question like the innovation of the connecter and all it brings but must have the use of Hasu controller that’s a must.
So that option is a no go..

i’m also for the sharper bezels  and edges like the Norbatouch a nice compact massive looking monolith unflinching!!
But slim as well as i use a trackpad on the left side and mouse on the right my desk is filled with books so keeping it slim true the form of the original case would be the way to go.. i also dislike the FJELL for that reason. i 100% agree with “nguyenhimself” minimal and smooth is the way to goo.

As for the Finnish i have mine stoch creamy white caps with dark grey and red spacebar en red esc. so i would say the only color that would go well and make the colours pop dark.
And a Hard anodized finish sounds good to me , if i’m not wrong that’s the easiest to do and keep kost low.. i’m all for that !!

The “capacitance formula” strangely enough that’s something i would love to see engraved in the front don’t know why just do hahaha..hmmm...

I want to finish with this, i don’t know if i’m going to join this GB. As i kind of have to watch expenses write now.
Going back to studying for my certs and having to pay €1300 for two exams out of pocket sucks but a must if i want to get back in to the work game.
So will see what times brings. I have bin looking at your cases for a long time sir norbauer ;-) hats of the most beautiful looking and well engineered
cases i have ever seen. Also liked your interview on TopClack where i kept thinking why doesn’t he make a case for the FC660C ??
Well here it is.. Really hope the final products looks as good as the Norbatouch and ik hope i can afford one when the time comes..

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 05:35:32 »
norbauer, here is some feedback for you:
  • Case looks nice and beefy.
  • Hasu controller should work with it, otherwise for me personally it would be deal breaker.
  • Not fan of logo on outside of the case.
  • Please look into option adding capacitance formula as the original case has.

Very nice to see that it is finally happening!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 06:00:13 »
I was really hoping the 660c case design would be a little more sleek and thin compared to your previous designs, but this is too bulky for me.  Kind of like a super chamfered M65.  As much as I want an alu case for my 660, I would pass on this design.
keyboards.

Offline deterouni

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 08:12:10 »
So hype count me in for 2.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 13:17:45 »
I love that all your designs have such different individual character.
This just looks massive

What's slang for this? Norbapold? MjölNorb?
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 March 2018, 13:20:00 by Rumblehotep »

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 13:45:07 »
Wow that thing is a brick lol, looks great though it might be too tall for me.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 14:07:56 »

I have a design idea I'm working on with the CNC workshop that might make it possible to retain the overall heft and look of the piece but reduce the height a bit more for ergonomics, by about, say, 4-5mm. I'm currently printing up a quick SLA prototype to see if it's feasible.

In short: you can expect the design to remain overall the same in look and feel but, for now, assume the height will be reduced as much as the physics of the situation will allow. :)

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 14:09:46 »

I have a design idea I'm working on with the CNC workshop that might make it possible to retain the overall heft and look of the piece but reduce the height a bit more for ergonomics, by about, say, 4-5mm. I'm currently printing up a quick SLA prototype to see if it's feasible.

In short: you can expect the design to remain overall the same in look and feel but, for now, assume the height will be reduced as much as the physics of the situation will allow. :)
Sounds like something I would love, good luck!

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 15:04:34 »
thats one hefty boi

Offline norbauer

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 17:06:23 »
I ordered a Hasu controller, incidentally, and should be able to confirm the fit as soon as it arrives, but since it was designed to fit the hole profile of the original OEM case, we should be good already.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 17:59:45 »
I ordered a Hasu controller, incidentally, and should be able to confirm the fit as soon as it arrives, but since it was designed to fit the hole profile of the original OEM case, we should be good already.

My stock controller is dead and I have a Hasu controller scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  Feel free to ship me your proto and I’ll test out the fit for you, no charge!  :cool:

Offline norbauer

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 11:39:21 »

I'm trying to reduce the logistical burden (and long shipping wait times) of having people order so many wildly varying powder coating colors, so in future I think I'm going to pick one or two "standard" options that I can turn around in one big batch quickly and then anything else will be a custom color for people who really particularly need something quite specific. So, yes, it should be possible to get RR on this run, but it sadly will probably be more expensive.

I personally really like the Photograher's Gray finish I've selected to be a standard color. It's almost identical to the finish used on all Gitzo tripods and similar to the hammertone used on some Leica cameras—hence the name.

Offline jay6889

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 12:14:49 »
Here it comes 660C aluminum housing!!!
I'll definitely join this.

Offline sodiumjoe

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 16:11:12 »

I'm trying to reduce the logistical burden (and long shipping wait times) of having people order so many wildly varying powder coating colors, so in future I think I'm going to pick one or two "standard" options that I can turn around in one big batch quickly and then anything else will be a custom color for people who really particularly need something quite specific. So, yes, it should be possible to get RR on this run, but it sadly will probably be more expensive.

I personally really like the Photograher's Gray finish I've selected to be a standard color. It's almost identical to the finish used on all Gitzo tripods and similar to the hammertone used on some Leica cameras—hence the name.
Is this color meant to pair well with the stock keycaps?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 16:56:07 »

Is this color meant to pair well with the stock keycaps?

That is indeed the idea. :)

Offline the_fascist

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 23:55:28 »
This is fantastic, I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

One thing I can suggest is that you consider adding a black/grey option as close to the stock case as possible.  I saw the photographer's grey, but it was difficult to get a read on the color because of the texture.  Is it going to be that textured?
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 March 2018, 23:58:53 by the_fascist »

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 02:31:31 »
https://goo.gl/images/FSGtF7

Motorsport Yellow  :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2018, 02:36:59 by Kerasan »

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 06:06:47 »
This case is super unique, i have made a high profile case before, but i dont really like the typing experience, so i end up on making custom wrist rest.. are you planing to make a wrist rest for this case as well?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 09:48:22 »
This case is super unique, i have made a high profile case before, but i dont really like the typing experience, so i end up on making custom wrist rest.. are you planing to make a wrist rest for this case as well?

My current plan is to lower the profile of the housing a bit while still retaining the overall design feel.

However, I will say that I count myself among those who hovers their hands in the air while typing (I rest my elbows on my chair). It's an ergonomic strategy I trained into myself when I used to get wrist issues from excessive hours spent coding. For those of us who type without resting our wrists on the table, the height of the keyboard (especially small mm differences) shouldn't matter much. You can compensate with a tiny adjustment to your chair height—or, if you have an adjustable desk like I do, by moving the desk down a tiny bit and your monitor upward a tiny bit.

That all being said, I'm working on reducing the height closer to that of the OEM case. :D

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 11:05:54 »

My current plan is to lower the profile of the housing a bit while still retaining the overall design feel.

However, I will say that I count myself among those who hovers their hands in the air while typing (I rest my elbows on my chair). It's an ergonomic strategy I trained into myself when I used to get wrist issues from excessive hours spent coding. For those of us who type without resting our wrists on the table, the height of the keyboard (especially small mm differences) shouldn't matter much. You can compensate with a tiny adjustment to your chair height—or, if you have an adjustable desk like I do, by moving the desk down a tiny bit and your monitor upward a tiny bit.

That all being said, I'm working on reducing the height closer to that of the OEM case. :D

Aww, don't make it too much lower, lol. I liked the increase height, that was what would keep me from needing feet. But overall whatever you decide I'm sure I will still get it.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 11:34:26 »

I totally agree with everything you wrote, I really like the current profile.

KMK Labs.

Offline Sharku

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 04:27:31 »
is there a template with the exact measurements of leopold fc660c? pcb, case, etc ...
Or have you measured it yourself?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 09:27:50 »
is there a template with the exact measurements of leopold fc660c? pcb, case, etc ...
Or have you measured it yourself?

Measured himself, otherwise there would be a lot more cases if it’s open source  :))