Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 778361 times)

Offline Traveler

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2250 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 18:15:10 »
Anyone know off the top of their head other PCBs that might fight the Exent.

Obviously not ideal to buy a whole separate piece when this should just work as expected in the first place, but might ease some minds for people that don't want to fuss with home repairs and don't want to wait on replacement announcements.

On a similar note I wouldn't mind having some other plate/case options. I'm going to have an extra PCB, and in the unlikely event that both of them actually work I wouldn't mind building another keyboard.

Hopefully a simple plate will be offered once Originative starts selling extras. Although I'm not happy with whatever's going wrong the Premium kits, so I'd prefer to spend my money elsewhere if possible.

Offline energyd

« Reply #2251 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 08:18:27 »
Btw, I have tracking number for almost all the aluminum bottom basic kit orders, will update to PayPal over the weekend. Cheers.
[/quote]

I haven't received any tracking number yet

Offline Data

« Reply #2252 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 09:46:04 »
Btw, I have tracking number for almost all the aluminum bottom basic kit orders, will update to PayPal over the weekend. Cheers.

Whatever they say in public, multiply by 3.

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #2253 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 12:19:31 »
I just got around to looking at soldering this thing, and I went to test the board, and I couldn't short any of the keys. The RGB LEDs are on but I can't get anything at all out of it in EK Switch Hitter. So I fired up Bootmapper client and see every key as "BAD". I downloaded some firmware files I found on Winkeyless but they don't seem to correspond to this PCB, very random keypresses, and it doesn't seem straightforward to figure out which column/row corresponds to which key.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Edit: I started to try to map it out just by feel, seeing which pads activated what, and changing it accordingly, but I have run into several spots that don't register any keypress, even when I've filled every row and column. Little bit nervous here.

This worked for me.

I also wrote a quick guide on programming the Exent.

https://github.com/catweewee/Exent-Bootmapper

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2254 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 12:35:04 »
Any updates on the premium kits? Been quite a while. Packed? Shipped?
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2255 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 13:55:15 »
I just got around to looking at soldering this thing, and I went to test the board, and I couldn't short any of the keys. The RGB LEDs are on but I can't get anything at all out of it in EK Switch Hitter. So I fired up Bootmapper client and see every key as "BAD". I downloaded some firmware files I found on Winkeyless but they don't seem to correspond to this PCB, very random keypresses, and it doesn't seem straightforward to figure out which column/row corresponds to which key.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Edit: I started to try to map it out just by feel, seeing which pads activated what, and changing it accordingly, but I have run into several spots that don't register any keypress, even when I've filled every row and column. Little bit nervous here.

This worked for me.

I haven't seen a tutorial or preferred way of programming the EXENT on the front page/original post.  Is there a 'correct' way to program this?  I remember someone recommended a way at one point, but there's a lot of pages to dig through.  It would be helpful to have the information posted on the front page.  Thanks!!!

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2256 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 15:03:57 »

I haven't seen a tutorial or preferred way of programming the EXENT on the front page/original post.  Is there a 'correct' way to program this?  I remember someone recommended a way at one point, but there's a lot of pages to dig through.  It would be helpful to have the information posted on the front page.  Thanks!!!

That link by catweewee is the closest thing to a tutorial or correct way that we have I believe. That's all that I've seen anyway.

Offline chromatically

« Reply #2257 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 21:02:44 »

Same... Just when you think it can only get better...  :blank:

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
« Reply #2258 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 21:54:13 »
Me too..they told me 2weeks ago. but not any update yet.
Is there any problem?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2259 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 01:09:33 »

I would like to know this as well!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2260 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 13:59:55 »

That link by catweewee is the closest thing to a tutorial or correct way that we have I believe. That's all that I've seen anyway.

I'm somewhat comfortable with flashing controllers, making layouts, etc. but I am surprised there's no leadership on this front.  At least a config file or default .hex from the creators would be nice.  I guess I'm asking for too much...   :-\

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2261 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 20:16:29 »

Just give up hope ಠ_ಠ Our money is gone, we should choose our next GB's more carefully.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2262 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 21:53:07 »

Just give up hope ಠ_ಠ Our money is gone, we should choose our next GB's more carefully.

literally everything is made, just has to ship to you

not saying that'll happen overnight

but it will probably happen
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2263 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:01:30 »

I get what you're saying, but those keycaps have been sitting in the US since ~November when they were supposed to be in SEA and neither side is stating why. It's uncomfortable to those of us who are waiting on parts of our product.

Offline Koojahyung

• 안녕하세요.
« Reply #2264 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:15:58 »
aluminium bottom with basic set have not been invoice updated yet.
maybe premium set will be taken long...

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2265 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:48:39 »
I get what you're saying, but those keycaps have been sitting in the US since ~November when they were supposed to be in SEA and neither side is stating why.

I guess this would be a good time to share a small piece of info that I have. I was going to wait a while in hopes that someone running the group buy would clear things up properly and in detail, but the timing seems good and I doubt waiting will yeild results any time soon.

Around the beginning of February I contacted Originative and asked for an explanation as to why the seemingly unnecessary delay on the Premium kits. Here is the response I got:

Hello ...,

We're currently awaiting the EXENT sets right now to ship to our customers. We have sent the payment, but we haven't received anything product-wise yet for our customers.

As soon as we receive the EXENT keyboards, we'll be sending an invoice to group buy participants, and then we'll be shipping out the keyboards.

Kind Regards,
Sheraton

From what I can tell in the first paragraph the GMK sets are not ready yet. Why it's taking this long I wish I knew. I'm assuming whoever's in charge put in the order ridiculously late, or that GMK didn't start production due to a lack of communication (that would be easy to assume)

The second paragraph confuses me though. It sounds like all of the Premium kits are going to be shipped to Originative, they'll repackage the GMK set + switches + keyboard, then send them off. Shipping the switches and GMK set to Juanhenza sounds much cheaper, so I dunno why they would do the opposite. Unless the first "keyboard" actually meant keyset, but that's still a bit fuzzy. After already sending me an explanation I thought it would be rude to ask for clarification, so I left it at that.

Sorry if this leaves more questions than answers, but I thought a little bit of confusing information was just as good as the no information that's currently being provided (or rather, not provided). Do remember that this info is two weeks old, so any number of things might have changed. I could have misunderstood his response as well (and I hope that I have).

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2266 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:52:26 »
Well that’s bloody confusing.

Especially considering this: https://instagram.com/p/BYRdToODnKd/

Genuinely can’t work out who Sherry is referring to (such as who “we” is, who the customers are). Also sounds like theyre proxying something, which doesn’t add up, as noted above.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:55:46 by xondat »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2267 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:57:06 »
Well that’s bloody confusing.

Especially considering this: https://instagram.com/p/BYRdToODnKd/

Genuinely can’t work out who Sherry is referring to (such as who “we” is, who the customers are). Also sounds like theyre proxying something, which doesn’t add up, as noted above.

yeah what

i'm confused
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2268 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 04:05:12 »
Throughout all this juahenza still isn't going on here to respond to anything.
Great job.

I do see he was on a week ago, didn't do anything though

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2269 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 09:00:31 »

It will maybe happen?..

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2270 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 09:07:03 »

That response gave me absolute confidence. Probably
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #2271 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 09:29:42 »
So I just got a PM from Juanhenza...

He said that any GB participants who's kits have not shipped by Feb 22, 2018 (GB payment deadline 1 year anniversary) will have the option of receiving a refund. Holy crap! Good news! Unfortunately the PayPal fee portion of your payment will not be refunded though. So there's one down side.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2272 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 09:37:48 »
How about an update on replacement bottoms and missing stabilizers?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2273 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 09:42:00 »

He said that any GB participants who's kits have not shipped by Feb 22, 2018 (GB payment deadline 1 year anniversary) will have the option of receiving a refund. Holy crap! Good news! Unfortunately the PayPal fee portion of your payment will not be refunded though. So there's one down side.

That's kinda vague, are we talking about just a regular refund where you get your money back instead of the product? Seems like a bit counter productive if so, you've basically loaned them money for a year you're paying interest in the form of the PP fee.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2274 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 09:53:23 »

That's kinda vague, are we talking about just a regular refund where you get your money back instead of the product? Seems like a bit counter productive if so, you've basically loaned them money for a year you're paying interest in the form of the PP fee.

Similar vibes to jchan refunding people that bought the M65-A at retail for $250, then sold the extras/refunded cases later for $430 upwards.

Offline speedemonv12

« Reply #2275 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 10:14:24 »
I have a black exent with small cracks in the polycarbonate bottom and a PCB with one LED working. I wouldn’t mind selling. Anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #2276 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 10:17:08 »
I have a black exent with small cracks in the polycarbonate bottom and a PCB with one LED working. I wouldn’t mind selling. Anyone interested?

How much of a discount are we talking about?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2277 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 11:41:03 »

I've only run one group buy, but damnit if I didn't keep the participants up to date.  I was even running late by a few weeks during the holiday season (when I wanted everything delivered by) and was having personal problems, but I communicated that, and you know what?  The GB participants were extremely understanding.

****, I even ran out of money and had to sell a set of OG bomb-kings and other cherished artisans to keep funding the buy.   One of the members purchased them and even offered to sell them back to me later on when money was going better.

The point being that communication is key in these situations.  A simple update will go far with participants.  I understand that most of us are at a point where we just want to salvage what we can from this buy, but I feel that the GB runners can turn this around by answering the following. 

From what I read, we are looking for:

• Basic Aluminum Kit Shipping Progress
  • Premium Kit Timeline Information
  • Replacement Poly Bottom Plan and Timeline
  • Faulty PCB Replacement Plan and Timeline
  • Firmware and Programming Guide/Software

I understand the pressure, both in money and time, of running a group buy.  I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for a runner to copy/paste the above and respond.  It would go a long way with the community.  Thank you for running this buy and I hope all can find decent resolution to perceived problems with the buy.   

Offline Saiph

« Reply #2278 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 11:42:21 »

At the same time, I'm sure some people just want to get out of the GB and recoup what they can.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #2279 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 11:43:41 »

Similar vibes to jchan refunding people that bought the M65-A at retail for $250, then sold the extras/refunded cases later for $430 upwards.

lmfao

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #2280 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 11:44:11 »

i might be interested, pm'd for some pics

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2281 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 12:25:46 »

Hm, I'm glad I have a week to think about it. Very tempting to request a refund if that goes through. I'd hate to give up this far into the group buy but due to the lack of info on the Premium kits for the last month and a half I'm getting a little tired of being in the dark with nothing but fading hope and faith that things will work out. I've also been needing a numpad more lately for work and my hobbies, so I'm not sure how much I would use a keyboard that didn't have one.

Might want to add missing stabilizers to the list. Probably not as important as the first four things on your list, but it sucks having to spend an extra $5-$10 rebuying something.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2282 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 14:02:57 »

Hm, I'm glad I have a week to think about it. Very tempting to request a refund if that goes through. I'd hate to give up this far into the group buy but due to the lack of info on the Premium kits for the last month and a half I'm getting a little tired of being in the dark with nothing but fading hope and faith that things will work out. I've also been needing a numpad more lately for work and my hobbies, so I'm not sure how much I would use a keyboard that didn't have one.

Might want to add missing stabilizers to the list. Probably not as important as the first four things on your list, but it sucks having to spend an extra $5-$10 rebuying something.

• Missing Stabilizers Plan and Timeline

Added, thanks.  In the end, it's not that much to answer for.  I'm hoping we can get some simple straightforward answers from the GB leadership.  As I've said earlier, it looks like a great product, and the GB can still be salvaged if communication starts.  All it takes is checking in once a week, even, and dealing with some questions.   

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #2283 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:24:13 »
I received a pm of yuktsi containing this:

« All the basics (including the aluminum bottom) are all shipped except for a few of you that involve order transfer and a few of the purple ones »

So I am still waiting for my EXENT which was supposed to ship on monday. Anyone can confirm they received a tracking number for the alu bottom basic exent?

This lack of communication, delay on delay, is very very bad and annoying, this is clearly not how you do business for me :/ .. It was my first GB experience.. hope the other that I joined recently (percent canoe, klippe and ca66 will go smoothly !!)

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2284 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:39:24 »
It was my first GB experience.. hope the other that I joined recently (percent canoe, klippe and ca66 will go smoothly !!)

This is a good one to be your first, all of the other group buys you join will seem so much easier to be a part of

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2285 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:43:06 »

« All the basics (including the aluminum bottom) are all shipped except for a few of you that involve order transfer and a few of the purple ones »

So I am still waiting for my EXENT which was supposed to ship on monday. Anyone can confirm they received a tracking number for the alu bottom basic exent?

This lack of communication, delay on delay, is very very bad and annoying, this is clearly not how you do business for me :/ .. It was my first GB experience.. hope the other that I joined recently (percent canoe, klippe and ca66 will go smoothly !!)

Also a basic kit with aluminum bottom.  No tracking, yet.

« Reply #2286 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 15:56:59 »

« All the basics (including the aluminum bottom) are all shipped except for a few of you that involve order transfer and a few of the purple ones »

Me too, basic with aluminum and no tracking

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline energyd

« Reply #2287 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 16:04:00 »

Me too, basic with aluminum and no tracking

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I didn't even receive the pm from yuktsi :(

Update: I got update from yuktsi yesterday. My board should be shipping next week. I think the delay is caused by the CNY.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 February 2018, 08:55:16 by energyd »

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #2288 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 16:28:45 »
Same as above, alu bottom // no tracking. Would be a nice surprise if it just showed up, though.

Offline gutsack

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #2289 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 18:24:49 »
Got a random DHL notification and package arrived yesterday and I thought, oh, thankfully, finally my EXENT! But nope, it was a ZZ96 that I got from a _terrible_ group buy that went nearly a year over. Even that group buy delivered before EXENT. Still haven't received my EXENT because of some GMK keycaps and switches I _don't want_. This is such awful nonsense.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:46:00 by gutsack »

Offline eddible

« Reply #2290 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 06:10:21 »
GMK keyboards and switches I _don't want_. This is such awful nonsense.
Tell me about it, I only got the premium kit as it seemed great value to get the switches and figured I'd just sell the keycaps. Wish I hadn't bothered now!

Offline Dylan

« Reply #2291 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 10:03:08 »
Is it so hard for the GB runners to give a quick update? Haven’t heard any news on premium. It can’t take more than 10 minutes to type something up...

Offline fuzzbomb

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO
« Reply #2292 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 14:08:48 »
#Update 2nd January 2018
1. Basic Kit (except gray) all shipped
2. Basic Kit (gray) - all shipped
3. Basic Kit with addons - all shipped
4. Premium Kit going on - shipping

Collecting the anodized aluminum bottom tomorrow. Will update on how it goes.

No update since January 2nd, when juahenza said that premium kits were shipping. This has been a complete disaster.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2293 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 15:15:01 »
#Update 2nd January 2018

No update since January 2nd, when juahenza said that premium kits were shipping. This has been a complete disaster.

Has it really been 6 weeks?   :eek:

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2294 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:09:03 »
#Update 2nd January 2018

Hilarious.

You know what was a GB ran well? Jangled's et al. GMK 9009 R2. I know it's only a set of keycaps but goddamn are they on point. My set sitting in my car as we speak, until I get home to put it on my phantom.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:10:58 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #2295 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:23:42 »
You know what was a GB ran well? Jangled's et al. GMK 9009 R2. I know it's only a set of keycaps but goddamn are they on point. My set sitting in my car as we speak, until I get home to put it on my phantom.

UK78 as well. The dude didn't hesitant to spend any of his own money when Paypal held his funds. Board shipped across the ocean in less than a week. I didn't even know that was possible. The experience was insanely smooth. Only complaint is that the PCB and QMK don't always pay nicely together. But maybe it's my fault that my board is bricked. Hoping to get around to desoldering it this weekend and doing some ISP programming.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2296 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:25:50 »

I'm jealous, and kicking myself, for not picking up 9009, such a gorgeous set

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #2297 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:27:44 »

I'm jealous, and kicking myself, for not picking up 9009, such a gorgeous set

It's the best. Dixiemech has extras that should be coming up soon, you should pick one up (assuming you're US).

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2298 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:33:05 »

Yuktsi's last update regarding the GMK sets was on the 31st, not the 2nd.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87213.msg2555563#msg2555563

Not saying that's excusable in any way, just saying spreading misinformation is far from optimal/fair not only to them but to the rest of us.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #2299 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 17:14:59 »

From him being away from this thread? yes.

The only silver lining here is yuktsi provided some updates in the meantime, this thread would go to the ****ter if we were in the dark for another 6 weeks.