Author Topic: [IC] GMK SERIKA  (Read 77999 times)

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
Re: [IC] GMK SERIKA
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:30:29 »
Are the alphas L9 or a custom color?

Offline Muffin_Smasher

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 16:34:54 »
i feel like the lego smiley face should be added to the novelties now  :)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 21:37:00 »

Update #2 will be released soon. I'm still currently making some final tweaks and making sure that everything is fine before posting anything, but it should be out this week. This update has taken me longer than what I expected as I've tweaked the colors and added new boards to my gallery. So most of the renders needed to be remade. But anyways, here is the final teaser before the update!

Show Image

this set earned 1000 points now ... would you recommend this set only on black keyboards or the various grays?

KMK labs

Personally I like dark cases, as it helps to highlight the keysets and it's also more stylish.

Are the alphas L9 or a custom color?

Alphas are custom.

i feel like the lego smiley face should be added to the novelties now  :)

I don't have any plans to make any Lego novelties.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 14:28:24 »

Update #2 is here!

I've updated the OP with the two new kits and added new renders.

Check out the details here

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 15:05:01 »
Show Image

Update #2 is here!

JAPANESE SUBLEGENDS!!!!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: [IC] GMK SERIKA | Update #2 is here!
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 15:32:32 »
Nice, will most likely pick up a Hiragana kit for some mix n match :cool: :thumb:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 15:40:19 »
Nice, will most likely pick up a Hiragana kit for some mix n match :cool: :thumb:

Keep in mind that Serika will use custom colors for the alphas.

Offline zumu

• Professional Typist
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 19:09:15 »
> Please add R1 backspace key.

Ditto for R1 1u Backspace key (non-micon).

Secondly, and I know it's late in the game, but an all dark grey mods set would be killer.

Looking great, btw. Looking forward to the drop :)

Offline Lotsati

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 03:09:25 »
Wow... Hiragana + Microns is sick. I'm so in now >:) I've already got Kobe + Blocknet for Laser so this will be a nice sister set.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 15:42:31 »
Show Image

Update #2 is here!

Love the updates!

Offline kawaiicheung

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 16:26:03 »
40% kit needs a R2 1.25!!!!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 18:21:50 »
40% kit needs a R2 1.25!!!!

That kit covers Minivan, Caravan, JD40, JD45, Sebright, Minorca, and Planck. None of those have a R2 1.25

Offline Wren

• Artist
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 18:45:50 »
This needs a yellow spacebar.

+1, I'm already in, but that would make this set really unique.

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 18:46:05 »
I’m not convinced by yellow, but I might have to buy this to support the fact that you seem so fricken dedicated to your work.  This IC has been so awesome to watch, from the initial presentation, renders, to the updated kits and hiragana.  Damn nice work and I hope you keep it up

Offline Solotov

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 21:25:00 »
Now.. if only we can get the white spacebar without having to buy the core kit..
Hiragana + Mito really make this set catch my eyes, but black spacebar from the spacebar kit wouldn't match them, imo.
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 22:06:44 »
Now.. if only we can get the white spacebar without having to buy the core kit..
Hiragana + Mito really make this set catch my eyes, but black spacebar from the spacebar kit wouldn't match them, imo.

My thought is opposite actually. The black/grey spacebar would be a nice punctuation for the Hiragana + Micons combo  ;D

Offline FSund

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 02:25:48 »
The new kits look great. The only strange thing I noticed is that the only way to get the yellow enter key is through the Dvoremak/Colemak kit (ANSI enter) or the Norde kit (ISO enter).
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 03:23:07 »
The new kits look great. The only strange thing I noticed is that the only way to get the yellow enter key is through the Dvoremak/Colemak kit (ANSI enter) or the Norde kit (ISO enter).

That's not correct. There's a yellow ANSI Enter, Esc, and numpad enter on the base kit. Dvorak & Colemak doesn't even have an enter.

Offline FSund

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 04:49:42 »

That's not correct. There's a yellow ANSI Enter, Esc, and numpad enter on the base kit. Dvorak & Colemak doesn't even have an enter.

Sorry, my mistake. I guess my eyes are not that good at recognizing the ANSI enter.

But I'm pretty sure there is no yellow ISO enter in the core kit? Not in the micons kit either as far as I can see.
I'm sure it's for cost saving reasons, but just wanted to mention it in case it's an oversight.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 06:16:50 »

Sorry, my mistake. I guess my eyes are not that good at recognizing the ANSI enter.

But I'm pretty sure there is no yellow ISO enter in the core kit? Not in the micons kit either as far as I can see.
I'm sure it's for cost saving reasons, but just wanted to mention it in case it's an oversight.

That's correct. There only yellow ISO enter key is a part of the NORDE kit. That was a design choice.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 14:36:25 »
I was originally not keen on this set because I'm not a yellow fan, but the recent additions won me over. Looks so good with Mito stuff. Nice work!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 14:43:17 »
I was originally keen on this set even tho I'm not a yellow fan and the recent additions convinced me even more   :thumb:

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 15:42:58 »
Interested

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 15:55:03 »
I was originally keen on this set even tho I'm not a yellow fan and the recent additions convinced me even more   :thumb:

I was originally not keen on this set because I'm not a yellow fan, but the recent additions won me over. Looks so good with Mito stuff. Nice work!

I’m not convinced by yellow, but I might have to buy this to support the fact that you seem so fricken dedicated to your work.  This IC has been so awesome to watch, from the initial presentation, renders, to the updated kits and hiragana.  Damn nice work and I hope you keep it up

Thanks to everybody! It is great that the new changes have been welcomed very positively.  :thumb:

Offline Solotov

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 07:39:29 »
At this point last thing I want to know is when this set will launch? Can't wait for it.  ;D

Offline numerofour

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 09:05:56 »
At this point last thing I want to know is when this set will launch? Can't wait for it.  ;D
If I'm not mistaken, the ball is in Massdrop's court now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RSC

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 09:06:45 »
Yes, we need a spacebar on the Hiragama kit, otherwise, you won't be able to just get Hiragamas+mod kit and that would not be nice.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 11:13:21 »
Yes, we need a spacebar on the Hiragama kit, otherwise, you won't be able to just get Hiragamas+mod kit and that would not be nice.

That's my goal. If I have to add a spacebar to the Hiragana kit, then I'd add a 6.25U, a 7.00u, and 2x 6.00U units, I'm not going to just include a 6.25U one. There's already a standalone kit that provides those caps.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 18:13:39 »
That's my goal. If I have to add a spacebar to the Hiragana kit, then I'd add a 6.25U, a 7.00u, and 2x 6.00U units, I'm not going to just include a 6.25U one. There's already a standalone kit that provides those caps.

Having choice for another pseudo standalone kit for Hiragama to go with mito mod would be very nice !
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 March 2018, 05:36:29 by foxlive »

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 22:09:13 »

My goal is Hiragana + Micons as well. I would gladly buy the standalone spacebar kit if it was the white/cream instead of black/dark gray.  Can this kit be created along side the black spacebar kit?

Offline Solotov

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 02:56:59 »

Niiice. Can't wait for the GB  :thumb:

Offline Geek Maker

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 03:07:37 »
1. R4 2U Shift , good
2, 6u space bar in base kit, good
3, space bar kit ,good ,but I want more yellow space bars.

Offline Draic

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 04:51:55 »
yellow is the mod color, not the accent color. Spacebars are always either alpha color or accent, but never mod.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 March 2018, 04:55:00 by Draic »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 07:31:03 »
yellow is the mod color, not the accent color. Spacebars are always either alpha color or accent, but never mod.

That's correct. And I've already stated that I don't want to add yellow spacebars on top of grey ones.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 08:25:35 »
zambumon show us the desk/mouse mats dedicated to the serika  :p

KMK Labs.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 14:52:19 »

KMK Labs.

Once the collabs are ready, I'll post them. Lots of talk needs to be figured out before even teasing them.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:13:44 »
serika-rect

huehuehue
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:40:18 »

KMK Labs.

Once the collabs are ready, I'll post them. Lots of talk needs to be figured out before even teasing them.

:thumb:

KMK Labs.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 01:13:30 »
I've been trying so hard not to get overly interested in this key set since I absolutely do not need more.... But I can't help but fall in love with Serika. You've won me over Zambumon. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 21:15:31 »
With how expansive these sets are, I am surprised there is no double zero key (00) for those with standalone numpads.

Is there any room for a double zero in this set?

It has been included in many other much smaller less expansive less high profile sets, it should also be in this one.
keyboards

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 13:45:55 »
With how expansive these sets are, I am surprised there is no double zero key (00) for those with standalone numpads.

It has been included in many other much smaller less expansive less high profile sets, it should also be in this one.

Already replied in page 1

It's also a useful key for people with separate numpads.

That wouldn't help to properly cover standalone numpads. You'd need  to add to that a R1 1.00U Tab, R1 1.00U =, an extra R1 1.00U ESC (Both in yellow and grey, to keep consistency) as well as a R4 1.00U. 00.

Offline RSC

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 16:44:05 »
@Zambumon

Since you recently confirmed on instagram that the Hiragana alphas won't come with spacebars, can you please confirm if you will actually be offering a stand-alone white spacebar kit?

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 01:15:17 »
@Zambumon

Since you recently confirmed on instagram that the Hiragana alphas won't come with spacebars, can you please confirm if you will actually be offering a stand-alone white spacebar kit?

+1 for a white spacebars kit.

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 02:08:13 »

Already replied in page 1

It's also a useful key for people with separate numpads.

That wouldn't help to properly cover standalone numpads. You'd need  to add to that a R1 1.00U Tab, R1 1.00U =, an extra R1 1.00U ESC (Both in yellow and grey, to keep consistency) as well as a R4 1.00U. 00.

I do not feel that is applicable.

That user was asking about a key used on Row 1 -- Yellow in color...  A key that could, within the keys already available, be replaced with the row 1 'Geometries' or the row 1 'Delete' key (if their layout permitted it, not an exact match but close enough).

I am speaking about the Double Zero key 00 in Row 4 of the numpad, this would be a White key...

To get numpad compatibility with the set as is one can easily fill the top row of a six row numpad with row 1 'Geometries' keys..  But that would leave someone with a yellow row 4 novelty key in the 00 double zero spot, which, frankly, would look pretty bad. There are no other generic neutral looking row 4 white keys available in the set to fill this space, not in novelties, or elsewhere..

There is already acceptable compatibility for most numpads in this set, using row 1 novelties for the topmost row on a numpad...  I think there needs to be a row 4 double zero 00 key to finish off mostly acceptable compatibility for any numpad which has that key.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 April 2018, 02:18:27 by lemur »
keyboards

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 03:06:44 »
also consider the vortex vibe has a double zero...  certainly one cannot add compatibility for everything, and I can understand a designer not wanting 'partial' compatibility that isnt 'perfect' ..but adding that key does provide 'perfect' compatibility for at least one keyboard  :)

keyboards

Offline Che.R.Ry

• geeks
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 12:13:41 »
Really nice set with great compatibility, great job @Zambumon :thumb:
p.s : If there's any render with silver case keyboard that would be nice for some comparison :p

Offline RSC

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:05:23 »

Well, just had confirmation from the man himself, in order to get the above combo you will need to buy Hiragana alphas kit + Micons kit ... + base set, cause no stand-alone white/cream spacebars kit will be offered.

GG

Offline koduh

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:14:08 »
Show Image

Well, just had confirmation from the man himself, in order to get the above combo you will need to buy Hiragana alphas kit + Micons kit ... + base set, cause no stand-alone white/cream spacebars kit will be offered.

GG

WHAT?! Thats crazy to have to buy the entire base kit just for a spacebar.

Offline koduh

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:16:33 »

But there isnt a standalone kit with a cream spacebar?

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:24:16 »

But there isnt a standalone kit with a cream spacebar?
What color is the cream? If it’s L9 couldn’t u just get them from Oco?
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:26:21 by donut_sauce »