Author Topic: Racing simulator cockpits?  (Read 59328 times)

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
Racing simulator cockpits?
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 03 November 2011, 20:36:42 »
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 04 November 2011, 19:12:14 »
All I have is the original red logitech momo. I love it though. Feels so solid. and well build.

lovely set up btw o2dazone :)

Offline Fobbah

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 14 November 2011, 03:29:48 »
rFactor is not that expensive, especially considering the cost of the wheel/dedicated setup to do it properly. Not sure about iRacing these days.

However, it doesn't come with much out of the box - the game primarily consists of a very, very good engine (with next to no tracks/vehicles included), and you have to go hunting down the tracks/vehicles. It's not so hard, but if you're afraid of tinkering with your game to get it to work properly it's not for you. That said, there are very good community sites that will allow you to quickly find anything you're after such as http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

[video=youtube;zc3UPrN0xEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc3UPrN0xEc[/video]

rFactor2 is coming out soon too :)

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 01:53:15 »
Quote from: Lethal Squirrel;445895
lovely set up btw o2dazone :)

Thanks!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 05:41:55 »
Anyone seen the SteelSeries wheel. I really doubt that anyone serious would use it.

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 11 December 2011, 21:16:12 »
I play iRacing and use a Thrustmaster T500RS wheel/pedal with a Logitech G27 shifter (with Bodnar box).

I went to this setup from an old Logitech Momo at the beginning of the summer...it's just incredible.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 34638[/ATTACH]
| Deck Legend Fire (MX Blacks) | KBC Poker X (MX Reds) | Cherry G80-11900LTMUS (MX Clears) |  Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (MX "Ghetto Reds")
| IBM Model M 1391401 (BS) | Goldtouch GTC-0033 Keypad (MX Browns) |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 22:43:44 »
That seems to be fair amount to be spending for three different peripherals.  Did you buy them all used as parts then put it together?  How do you like that wheel?

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 09:29:28 »
Quote from: flaming_june;469365
That seems to be fair amount to be spending for three different peripherals.  Did you buy them all used as parts then put it together?  How do you like that wheel?

It is what I would call middle ground expensive...there are some setups that are well into the $2000+ range. Total I spent $520 shipped on the wheel and pedals (purchased new), $30 shipped on the shifter (used off ebay), and about $35 shipped on the Bodnar shifter controller (new)...so under $600 for everything and mostly new.

The wheel is absolutely amazing. It is incredibly smooth due to the belt drive with zero slop anywhere. The larger diameter makes it feel more realistic and the nothing feels cheap about it. Also, the motor in the thing is very strong and FAST. If you slide sideways and let go of the wheel..watch your fingers.

Here's a video to show just how fast the T500RS wheel is...like it says in the video, NOT FOR CHILDREN.

[video=youtube;IjhVBqm4Dtc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjhVBqm4Dtc[/video]

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend it. The only problem with it is that it doesn't come with a gated shifter...but that is fixed fairly easily for not a lot more money...unless you buy the new Thrustmaster TH8 RS shifter for $200. It does look extremely awesome though...bump shifter and h-pattern in one package that matches the T500RS Wheel.
| Deck Legend Fire (MX Blacks) | KBC Poker X (MX Reds) | Cherry G80-11900LTMUS (MX Clears) |  Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (MX "Ghetto Reds")
| IBM Model M 1391401 (BS) | Goldtouch GTC-0033 Keypad (MX Browns) |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 13 December 2011, 15:26:44 »
^

[video=youtube;2p1dS9hoptU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p1dS9hoptU[/video]