Author Topic: Crowdsource Vol: Pics and getting involved in making Tactile Zine (Rebooted!)  (Read 210790 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
How's everyone's progress so far?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

I haven't received the camera yet.  I can always play with my DSLR to make it more crappy P&S disposable film camera, but I haven't  messed around with that yet.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I haven't received the camera yet.  I can always play with my DSLR to make it more crappy P&S disposable film camera, but I haven't  messed around with that yet.

I just sent yours today. Sorry for being horrible at shipping.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Will be taking more pictures today/tomorrow, was waiting for modding materials :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Dernubenfrieken

Waiting for time to paint :/

Offline wery

Can I get in on this?

I have a disposable in shrink at my desk and my wife volunteers at a darkroom so I can send scans if that is acceptable.

Would be fun to document some open board surgery I am about to embark on!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Can I get in on this?

I have a disposable in shrink at my desk and my wife volunteers at a darkroom so I can send scans if that is acceptable.

Would be fun to document some open board surgery I am about to embark on!

Absolutely. Sounds like a good time. Scans are perfectly fine. Just link em here or upload them to flickr (or your favorite image hosting site) and share that link.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
Is it too late to get in on this?  I love this idea
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Is it too late to get in on this?  I love this idea

Nope. I think you're in Canada though right? Instead of me sending you a camera, I can reimburse you for one that you find on Amazon or wherever. Lemme know.

Offline wery

Hey, can I get a deadline for this? I really like having deadlines.

mmmm, deadlines  :-*

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Hey, can I get a deadline for this? I really like having deadlines.

mmmm, deadlines  :-*

I don't really have one in mind so let's make one up and say end of April. I kinda want the film in hand by May and at least a rough draft done in June.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
I'm a bit short on cash right now but I think there's a disposable camera somewhere at my parents house. Or if you got some leftover cameras you can add one to the zines you're sending me and I'll mail back the film. Or upload the pictures and send them to you. Anyway, I'm willing to take part in this. Already have some ideas about the theme!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I'm a bit short on cash right now but I think there's a disposable camera somewhere at my parents house. Or if you got some leftover cameras you can add one to the zines you're sending me and I'll mail back the film. Or upload the pictures and send them to you. Anyway, I'm willing to take part in this. Already have some ideas about the theme!

I don't have any cameras to spare on hand. What I can do is reimburse you for a camera that you buy locally if that helps you. And then you can scan the film or mail it back to me.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder

I don't have any cameras to spare on hand. What I can do is reimburse you for a camera that you buy locally if that helps you. And then you can scan the film or mail it back to me.

Then I'll check around my parents house. About the reimbursement - no worries. I'll figure something out.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
How's everyone's photoshoots going? I took my camera to be developed a couple weeks ago but Walgreen's is being weird. Something about not having enough envelopes means they haven't made my prints yet.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

How's everyone's photoshoots going? I took my camera to be developed a couple weeks ago but Walgreen's is being weird. Something about not having enough envelopes means they haven't made my prints yet.

Thanks for reminding me... Good thing I'm still in the middle of the painting process. Should be finished by the end of this week.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Any updates to those who participated? I haven't heard anything in the last month.....which is especially frustrating since the camera I dropped off at my developer's seems to be lost.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Lost?   :(

On my end I'm still looking for a disposable film camera.  Alternately I'm looking for that POS film camera I saw when I cleaned the attic that one time.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
The last time I went they told me after 2 weeks of holding onto the camera that they didn't have envelopes to develop the film. Now after a month, I still haven't heard anything. Don't think I'll be using Walgreens anymore lol. Luckily there's another place in town that'll take disposable cameras I think. I need to get another camera or have someone who has 2 to send me one though now.

Offline engicoder

Haha...is that me? Sorry I have take several pictures. and one is mostly full. The other is unused. I can send that on to some one else if they are interested and get the first one to you.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Can you actually send me both of them engicoder? I'd like another disposable to play with.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

My pictures are taken, just need to ship it over this week.

Offline engicoder

Can you actually send me both of them engicoder? I'd like another disposable to play with.
will do

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I'm very excited. After some weird mistakes and errors, I should have a bunch of prints waiting for me at Walgreen's tonight. Going to grab 'em and see how they came out :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Holy **** I forgot how much fun film and disposable cameras are. Got my pictures back today. Walgreen's even scans the pictures onto a CD for you.

These flicks are from when R1N3 visted me and we built his Orion V2. They're wonderfully grainy and ****ed up in the best way. Such lomography.

by Tactile Zine, on Flickr

Offline BlueNalgene

Those are pretty great.  I can't wait to see how the pics I took turn out.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Dernubenfrieken sent me a camera that I'm going to drop off in a few minutes. He was even nice enough to send me a mallo cups and leave me a few extra shots.

How's everyone else doing?
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2016, 17:14:44 by CPTBadAss »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Does thermal paper count as film? :))

Offline engicoder

These photos are looking good. The grain, the lighting. I am looking forward to what else turns out.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

Show Image

Dernubenfrieken sent me a camera that I'm going to drop off in a few minutes. He was even nice enough to send me a mallo cups and leave me a few extra shots.

How's everyone else doing?

Haha I hope my pictures come out alright!

Enjoy the candy too!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Haha I hope my pictures come out alright!

Enjoy the candy too!

Shop said the pictures will be developed Friday or Monday. And I unfortunately don't like chocolate very much since it gives me headaches but I appreciate it all the same :).

Offline engicoder

BTW, I put the 1 used and 1 unused in the mail to you. Should be there soon.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

That was fast haha

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Got Dernubenfrieken's prints back. As well as an unboxing series I took. But more importantly, the local camera shop does amazing prints. And I'm in love with this flick.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

Got Dernubenfrieken's prints back. As well as an unboxing series I took. But more importantly, the local camera shop does amazing prints. And I'm in love with this flick.

Show Image

:thumb: Love it. Can't wait to see the issue

Offline engicoder

oops...wrong thread

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Got some new prints developed. First set had Montana gold, second set had molotow. Lotta cool paint that everyone's using.

Offline engicoder

Got some new prints developed. First set had Montana gold, second set had molotow. Lotta cool paint that everyone's using.

That Molotow Premium is amazing

Offline Dernubenfrieken

That Molotow Premium is amazing

I'll have to try it sometime. I do love my montana gold (and black, which is great for the winter months)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Haven't forgotten about this. Still chipping away at it. Jokrik sent me his Kodak today. If it's 800 iso that's cray.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
love this idea! ill go get a few cameras later and mail you the developed pics  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
love this idea! ill go get a few cameras later and mail you the developed pics  :thumb:

Sounds good. Part of the reason I was so upset I left my backpack at the cabin during the meetup is that I was going to pass one of these cameras around to take pics of the meetup. That obviously didn't happen :(.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter

Sounds good. Part of the reason I was so upset I left my backpack at the cabin during the meetup is that I was going to pass one of these cameras around to take pics of the meetup. That obviously didn't happen :(.

we should have gone to a store and picked a few up!

risky move though. My best friend left a disposable on the tables at his wedding. Got a bunch of dude-ass pics, from just about everyone there lol  :p
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Yeah we were joking about that the night before the meetup too hahaha

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I think I've maxed out the time limit and participation on this. I'm going to shoot the rest of jokrik's camera (he only shot like 10 of 27), get the prints developed, scanned, and starting to layout the photozine. I may have also found a printing service for this project. This isn't dead, just going slowly.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
I think I've maxed out the time limit and participation on this. I'm going to shoot the rest of jokrik's camera (he only shot like 10 of 27), get the prints developed, scanned, and starting to layout the photozine. I may have also found a printing service for this project. This isn't dead, just going slowly.

If you haven't already filled those up, feel free to chuck it over here to the Raleigh crew and we can get some group shots of all our projects and such.
-Dana

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
If you haven't already filled those up, feel free to chuck it over here to the Raleigh crew and we can get some group shots of all our projects and such.

I actually have two disposable cameras just sitting on my desk. Wasn't sure what to do with them as one has 26 shots and the other is jokrik's half shot one. It's 800 iso so I wasn't sure what I'd do with it. Since that post I haven't really done much with the project because I'm dealing with a lot of IRL stuff. So I'd be happy to get more contributors. If I send them to you, can you pass them around and finish up the shots?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild

I actually have two disposable cameras just sitting on my desk. Wasn't sure what to do with them as one has 26 shots and the other is jokrik's half shot one. It's 800 iso so I wasn't sure what I'd do with it. Since that post I haven't really done much with the project because I'm dealing with a lot of IRL stuff. So I'd be happy to get more contributors. If I send them to you, can you pass them around and finish up the shots?

Yeah man for sure! I still have a few more projects laying around here to photograph and I'll have some fun playing with film again - i'll have to go find my light meter lol  Nah i think half the fun of those disposables is the mistakes and poor quality. 800 should be perfect for most lit indoor shots but i dont remember what the lens fstop is on those probably something silly like 1.4.

Anyway, send em over.. i'll call up LSB and see if we can get a group together to give you some shots from here in Raleigh  :thumb:
-Dana