Author Topic: [GB] 3FCT - Ep 1: GMK TA Royal Alpha 610 Inspired Set ~~~~Shipped!!!~~~~  (Read 1359050 times)

Offline megaforce

Re: [GB] 3FCT - Ep 1: GMK TA Royal Alpha 610 Inspired Set ~~~~Re-launched!~~~~
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 12:11:29 »
Guys, each set needs to hit 150, the main counter is how many orders they've received total...
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 12:39:35 »
All orders are good orders now, as far as I'm concerned.  I really hope this gets off the ground.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 13:45:30 »
Any update on the extra spacebar "situation"?

If I order a 2nd spacebar kit I have to add another order which means another 5$ in shipping. Adding a 3rd spacabar kit is another 5$ for shipping.

This keeps me from buying the green spacebars in addition to my fullsize set :(

Someone raised the same question on MassDrop. I've emailed them on the same. Since MassDrop is hosting this, it's their decision on how to handle it.

Ok, thank you. As long as the main set makes it I'll be happy. Extra spacebars is just a bonus  ;)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 01:53:12 »
Didn't realize the deal with spacebars and shipping - I really hope MD refund this appropriatelyl

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 02:47:38 »
Since I got charged for my order, does this set really happening? :eek: :eek:
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 02:51:59 »
Looks like it's tipped good jobs guys!!
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 02:57:07 »
Any idea if all child deals like spacebars will happen?
MD just says drop succesfull as far as I can tell...

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 05:04:10 »
Any idea if all child deals like spacebars will happen?
MD just says drop succesfull as far as I can tell...
I think if you got charged for whatever you selected then they got tipped?
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Phirr

• If you don't work you die.
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:27:48 »
So now that this tipped can you show us the other two designs you cooked up? Or has doing mockups for the pbt sets taken all of your design energy?

Offline lolpes

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:31:04 »
Congrats on finishing the GB MOZ!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:33:50 »
Cratz MOZ!
Glad the community managed to step up on this one, can't wait! ;D

So now that this tipped can you show us the other two designs you cooked up? Or has doing mockups for the pbt sets taken all of your design energy?

Wallet pain comeback is real already...

Offline megaforce

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:51:30 »
Well, I also was charged for my light-grey mod set. Whether it was an automatic process or not remains the looming question :/
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:53:36 »
It's as much a mystery to me, San Francisco just woke up,  so expect a reply from MassDrop in a few hours.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 21:01:27 »
Emailed Massdrop to see if I could alter my order slightly. Email sent less than 12 hours after drop ends.

Get email back saying the order has already been placed and nothing can be changed. I am slightly disappointed to hear it to say the least.

I was only looking to change a green mod pack to grey.  :(

Offline geniekid

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 21:11:25 »
Emailed Massdrop to see if I could alter my order slightly. Email sent less than 12 hours after drop ends.

Get email back saying the order has already been placed and nothing can be changed. I am slightly disappointed to hear it to say the least.

You saw the light but it was too late :(

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 21:13:13 »

You saw the light but it was too late :(

Well I had the grey set in my inventory, but based on numbers it wasn't gonna happen at the time I went to bed.

I had seen the light long before a lot of people. Just got ****ed cause of assclowns who joined extremely late.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 22:01:26 »
Well I ordered all of the kits except white spacebars, hoping that if light grey kit gets through, I already have white spacebar anyway. Now, all of them got charged, so....... ;D
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline geniekid

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:34:03 »
It's as much a mystery to me, San Francisco just woke up,  so expect a reply from MassDrop in a few hours.

Did you ever hear back from MD, MOZ?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:41:52 »
I did, they said, they are running the numbers to see what will be produced. The money was debited for the complete order for everyone by the system automatically, this doesn't ensure that every kit will be produced. Depending on if some kit is not produced, the remaining amount will be refunded, so don't worry. We are going to try and make sure that all three kits at very least do get produced.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:44:39 »
I did, they said, they are running the numbers to see what will be produced. The money was debited for the complete order for everyone by the system automatically, this doesn't ensure that every kit will be produced. Depending on if some kit is not produced, the remaining amount will be refunded, so don't worry. We are going to try and make sure that all three kits at very least do get produced.

Sounds good.  Thank you.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 09:37:03 »

Well now I am pissed at Massdrop. Their customer service said they already sent the numbers and that I couldn't alter my order.

What the **** is up on their end then?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 09:45:50 »

Well now I am pissed at Massdrop. Their customer service said they already sent the numbers and that I couldn't alter my order.

Changing order now is going to complicate things. We want to try and make all three kits happen, that way no order changes will be required. We are in the process of aggregating orders from MassDrop, Chinese proxies and any vendor that might be interested in stocking some keycaps, this is all the make sure the gray mods reach a number which we can request GMK to produce as that is the only one that is going to be problematic. In the case that the grey mods don't happen, we'll work out a way to confirm orders from all the participants.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 09:48:54 »

Changing order now is going to complicate things. We want to try and make all three kits happen, that way no order changes will be required. We are in the process of aggregating orders from MassDrop, Chinese proxies and any vendor that might be interested in stocking some keycaps, this is all the make sure the gray mods reach a number which we can request GMK to produce as that is the only one that is going to be problematic. In the case that the grey mods don't happen, we'll work out a way to confirm orders from all the participants.

Well that is the issue. I want to change a green mod kit to a grey to try to help the gray happen.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 09:56:58 »
Well that is the issue. I want to change a green mod kit to a grey to try to help the gray happen.
I understand your sentiment. Really appreciate it.

If we are short of 1 kit to reaching the grey, I'll ask for your order to be changed :))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 09:59:20 »
How much was the gray mod kit? Is it possible to order one?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 10:00:48 »
I understand your sentiment. Really appreciate it.

If we are short of 1 kit to reaching the grey, I'll ask for your order to be changed :))

Well the issue is I really wanted one of each mod kit and when I saw the numbers and that grey seemed like it wouldn't drop I changed my order to try to help the drop. I really want the grey mods as well though.  :(

Offline priyadi

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 10:40:27 »
The problem with refunds is those who are paying with non USD credit card/paypal account will still have to pay for currency exchange difference. I hope this doesn't happen. MD should process captures manually if the decision is still not final.

Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 10:57:19 »
The problem with refunds is those who are paying with non USD credit card/paypal account will still have to pay for currency exchange difference. I hope this doesn't happen. MD should process captures manually if the decision is still not final.

They really need to update their site to accommodate multiple kit drops and to update in real time.... Those are not features that should be difficult to implement, I am a web developer so I would know.

Massdrop needs to up their tech game

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #228 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 03:09:14 »
Don't Massdrop often have a few extra sets of whatever made?  They have a big sale every now and again where they sell off the few extra sets they have made of many of the group buys.  Perhaps there are a few extra sets of this that were made?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 07:08:15 »
Interested to see how this pans out - I'd be pretty surprised at this point if MD cancelled the gray mods

Then again, their system isn't designed to have multiple MOQs in a "drop"

Offline jaffers

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 00:18:22 »
It's great, they will help us make sure we reach MOQ.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 00:25:02 »

This makes me so damn happy. Like I said at the beginning, this is one of my dream sets, and the fact that it's 1800 compatible made it a must own. Thanks again for going through the trouble MOZ!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 00:39:01 »
Still upset I can't change my order.

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 00:46:30 »
*Shakes head* I was debating this for weeks because I bought a new house and all... now regret manifests itself. Ah well.  Hopefully this works out for everyone who anted up.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 01:34:47 »

so... it's not dead? i thought the drop ended

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 02:03:36 »
No, the drop isn't dead. I have been approached by a US based vendor as well who would be stocking up a sizable number of kits, so if you missed out there's still a chance.

We are just aggregating all the orders from the various sources.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 08:36:40 »
No, the drop isn't dead. I have been approached by a US based vendor as well who would be stocking up a sizable number of kits, so if you missed out there's still a chance.

Great! Wasn't able to get a full set because of finances, but I'll definitely pick one up later.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 10:19:29 »

Still no chance at changing an order done through MD though?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 11:00:42 »

how will ordering work going forward?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 11:01:50 »

how will ordering work going forward?

Probably will have to wait until the sets are made and the vendor gets her/his stock.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 21:55:58 »

I admire your persistence :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 21:57:49 »

I will be persistent. They finally said they placed the order with GMK today and when I asked them to change my order right after the drop ended they said they already placed the order. **** that. Let me change my damn order you bastards.

I mean really how I am supposed to be okay with being lied to.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 April 2016, 22:00:21 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 03:01:13 »
Ordered both mods - more excited for the white than the green ones tbh

If MD paid for the extra quantity to be produced that is really cool of them

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 06:04:09 »

I will be persistent. They finally said they placed the order with GMK today and when I asked them to change my order right after the drop ended they said they already placed the order. **** that. Let me change my damn order you bastards.

I mean really how I am supposed to be okay with being lied to.
If they let a vendor place a large order after the fact which is what Moz seemed to indicate above then saying they can't change orders is completely bogus.

Most likely they just want to lock people in and not deal with changes because that messes with the numbers and takes time and people to handle but you would think they could be a little flexible.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 06:14:59 »
I can't comment on whether the order count that was submitted to GMK incorporates the other vendors or not, as MassDrop is handling that; but yes, their system isn't designed to handle order changes once the drop has ended, doing it for one person and denying others is unfair. For larger orders from vendors is a totally different scenario. Again, this is my understanding, not facts.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 03:12:16 »
I'd just like to clarify, that the TaoBao orders, vendor orders, etc were all placed previous to the drop ending, no changes were made after the drop ended.

Order has been placed with GMK, MassDrop did manage to work out with GMK to produce all the kits that were on offer.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 05:33:00 »
As MOZ said and from what I've learned, Massdrop's system prevent them from doing pretty much anything after a drop. They can't even sell extra sets if a drop is inactive.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #249 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 04:27:55 »
I'd just like to clarify, that the TaoBao orders, vendor orders, etc were all placed previous to the drop ending, no changes were made after the drop ended.

Order has been placed with GMK, MassDrop did manage to work out with GMK to produce all the kits that were on offer.

Great news that everything will be produced (I ordered everything :) ). I really think all the detractors and comment trolls will be kicking themselves for not getting in on this when pictures of the set on actual boards will come in.
Thank you MOZ for soldiering through all the hardship this GB has endured!
I like keyboards