Author Topic: Mistel Barocco kb?  (Read 25646 times)

Offline rtpguy

Mistel Barocco kb?
« on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 22:11:19 »
Anyone ever heard of these guys?  A quick search is coming up blank...
Was looking for a split k/b with ideally green switches, and stumbled across this...
?

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=357

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Mistel Barocco kb?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 06:37:42 »
I believe it's basically the split Poker, that Vortex teased last year.

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 18:44:26 »
In which case, we can assume it's worth the $ and won't fall apart, considering the $?
Does Vortex sell for re-branding, or same as other manufacturers - only a few really doing the manufacturing, rest are re-brands?

Considering pulling the trigger on this one, or holding off for the UHK...
Any thoughts either way?

Offline Mistel_Keyboards

• Mistel Keyboards
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 16:34:16 »
Hello guys!

We recently joined the geekhack enthusiasts community and we noticed this post about our product so we would like to give you some quick information and also links to get more information about our product, the Mistel Barocco.

The company is established in Taiwan and recently opened a U.S. division in charge of the American market and is independent (we are not a subsidiary of Vortex or any other keyboard company  ;D.

Here are the main features of our first keyboard, the Mistel Barocco:

Cherry MX switches (Red, Black, Brown, Blue and Clear), PBT Keycaps & Double shot injection molding, ergonomic key shape.
3 Built-in preset layouts, Qwerty, Dvorak and Colemak and 3 fully programmable layouts, N-key Rollover.
Programming the layouts is done exclusively with keyboard bindings (no computer software needed) and Entire keyboard is programmable to assign a macro to any key.

If you are curious to read what people have to say about the keyboard you can visit:

Our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mistelkeyboard/

Our official website:

http://www.mistelkeyboard.com/keyboards

Our Amazon store (where you can already read a few reviews of verified buyers):

https://www.amazon.com/Mistel-Ergonomic-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B01KNCSPCY/ref=sr_1_79?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1473846147&sr=1-79&keywords=split%2Bkeyboard&th=1

If you have any questions you can use social media to contact us or simply ask us here, we do our best to reply quickly however since our U.S. division is new we might take 24h to reply but we always reply  :)

We can't wait to read what the community has to say!

Mistel team

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 23:12:25 »
The Marco (Polo) features sound interesting. ;)

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 19:24:16 »
Arrived today.
Initial impressions:
It's small - this isn't a negative on the keyboard, as I knew that going into it.  Would LOVE to see a 87/TKL split (already have am Ergo Pro, key doubling started at 30 days of use but otherwise like it, just can't trust it :-/ ).  I seriously miss my arrow keys.

Seems to have a dead port - there are two mini-USB ports, left half and right, with the docs claiming either one can be connected to the PC.  Connecting the left and the KB gets no power (no LEDS lit) and it's dead.  Works on the right.

The cable quality included is pretty nice, and I like the optional micro-USB port to connect a num-pad to...although the only numbed I have currently is standard USB.

I can't seem to find an option to remap alt and command/Win key.  Docs say you can't reprogram the first layer, Karabiner doesn't work on OS X Sierra, and OS X built-in modifier key swap doesn't seem to work.  Anyone know of a solution here?

Needs tenting.  Why KBs are still set up with legs to tilt towards you, let alone a split keyboard - I have no idea.  Let me repeat - needs tenting :)  I may wind up making something like a built-up mat underneath each side if I can sort the key swaps.

FN is in a silly location - or at the very least I'd like to duplicate it on the caps lock key.  Any thoughts?

Back to the can't reprogram the first layer - so no way to map left space to backspace?

Keys feel good other than I've confirmed what I thought I thought about MX Browns via trust switches - I miss my greens.  Will put some o-rings in and see if it makes any difference - now it's like it's 'dull loud' but not near the 'break' combo feel of the green + click.  Not the KBs fault - am trying to find a workable split KB for work that I can actually depend on as the Ergo Pro will need to go...so considering this one for work, if I can get the nits sorted out and adjust to it, and a second in Blues or Greens for home.

I'm also seeing there's a firmware upgrade but no OS X option - will this be remedied in the future?
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 October 2016, 20:05:13 by rtpguy »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 04:54:29 »
I watched a video about the tenting. Total bummer. But it looks completely sane when compared to an Ergodox so idk /shrug. No OS X? Have you tried with Linux?

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 12:26:43 »
Ok, so one issue resolved to start - perhaps I'm unclear on which they call as layer 1 (which IS programmable) versus the one that is not.
Remapped/swapped 'Win' and Alt key easily.
Right FN and Right CTRL goes into programming mode. (Blue LED Lights up)  Press Win, then Alt as what you want it to register as, then 'Pn' tp program the swap.  Do again for mapping Alt -> Win, then finally FN + Right Ctrl to exit programming mode (blue LED goes out). 

That's a start.  ;D

Noticed a few other oddities so far, hoping there are solutions for:
1.  I leave my laptop on in 'docked mode' basically connected to (powered) USB hug, display, ... When I went in in the am, the left half of the keyboard - wasn't registering keypresses.  This makes it somewhat difficult to unlock the password/lock screen.

2.  Layer behavior for arrow keys.  So, on OS X (there are Win equivalents, I just don't think about exactly what they are, and on Linux I'd more likely be in vim and not care..) doing arrow + command acts as ''home and end' for the given line of text.  Likewise, arrow + CTRL acts as next/previous word.  As arrow keys are FN-layer actions, if you add the modifier key CTRL or command AFTER you have FN pressed....it doesn't work, you need to release FN, press modifier FIRST, then FN + arrow.  This would seem to sort of defeat the whole purpose of 'quicker' keyboarding ...this seems to be the case across the board, as if you need to perform the convolutions of #3 below and don't hit FN and command/alt in the right order - it doesn't generate the proper key code.

3.  <Command>-<`> cycles through windows for the currently active app.  Default is ` is now FN-<ESC>.  Is there a way to do a chord -> single key, versus single key -> chord?  This needs to be instant/in default active layer as a very commonly used key sequence for me.

« Last Edit: Sat, 15 October 2016, 12:41:54 by rtpguy »

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 11:00:29 »
Issue #1 seemingly repeats whenever the laptop wakes - only the left side of the keyboard is responsive, needing to unplug and plug the USB connection back in in order to reset. 
Hoping there's a single solution to this one, as a $160 keyboard is not a toy for 'occasional use...with quirks.' 

There is a second available micro-USB port on the left hand side, although no cable for it, and when I'd tried to plug the supplied cable into it and to the hub or laptop it did nothing, so seems like the right side is the 'master' but it needs to initialize or reset comms to the left keyboard set on wake...and possibly does not.

Will try emailing them on their site + PM-ing here directly. 

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 11:09:20 »
Mailed and PMed - will update if/when I get a response. 
List at moment:
Hi,

I just picked up a Barocco and am running into some questions and 'oddities.'
Here's the current list:

1.  Seems to have a dead port - there are two mini-USB ports, left half and right, with the docs claiming either one can be connected to the PC.  Connecting the left and the KB gets no power (no LEDS lit) and it's dead.  Works on the right.

2.  Any way to upgrade firmware form a Mac?

3.  Left keyboard half is dead on waking laptop from sleep, right is active.  This means can not enter password, and need to remove/plug back in the USB cable in order to make the left half reset.  This has to date happened every time my laptop goes to sleep and I wake it.

4.  Is there a way to do a chord map to a single key code?  On OS X, Command (Win) - ` cycles through all windows for the selected app, but ` is now FN-ESC - this needs to be an 'always available quick key' as it's used a lot, e.g. can I somehow map this to Win-ESC somehow or similar?

5.  Somewhat odd layer behavior for arrow keys.  So, on OS X (there are Win equivalents, I just don't think about exactly what they are, and on Linux I'd more likely be in vim and not care..) doing arrow + command acts as ''home and end' for the given line of text.  Likewise, arrow + CTRL acts as next/previous word.  As arrow keys are FN-layer actions, if you add the modifier key CTRL or command AFTER you have FN pressed....it doesn't work, you need to release FN, press modifier FIRST, then FN + arrow.  This would seem to sort of defeat the whole purpose of 'quicker' keyboarding ...this seems to be the case across the board, as if you need to perform the convolutions of #3 below and don't hit FN and command/alt in the right order - it doesn't generate the proper key code.

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 15:44:52 »
Mailed and PMed and got a response on a weekend, so kudos on customer support. 
No reply on firmware updates for OS X and need to wait until they ask engineers on the multi-key remaps (need win-esc combo to act as command-` which is otherwise win-FN-ESC + remapping of arrow keys which currently use FN layer..)

I did grab a Windows laptop I had laying around to update the firmware - will see if that cures the 'left side dead on wake' issue.
Note for anyone flashing the firmware on Windows - needs too be done via dos box/command prompt - no error or prompt, just 'nothing' on Win10 if opening via Explorer.

I absolutely wish Karabiner were working for OS X Sierra right now, but will see how well things work out.

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 21:44:37 »
Items 1 and 3 seem to be OK.  Since updating firmware seems to wake from sleep OK for both halves. 
No way to update firmware from OS X or Linux presumably - minor but real annoyance, maybe later.

Still waiting on answers to the key mapping of 'chords' or how to effectively properly map Application prev/next windows where a needed key is in the FN layer by default, etc..and item 5 one exactly how/when combo keystrokes are recognized.

Offline shhky

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 03:01:46 »
Hi rtpguy,

You can try Karabiner-Elements.  It is still in early stage in terms feature parity but works for Sierra.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 06:51:55 »
I hope the Mistel rep comes back to respond to you after their one and only post here :(

Offline Mistel_Keyboards

• Mistel Keyboards
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 17:15:45 »
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your comments and support to rtpguy!

We are currently trying to help rtpguy to figure out how to setut the keyboard the way he desires it and for some request it is quite a challenge actually.

Our engineers and technicians are all from Taiwan and do their best to understand and then figure out solutions to all requests their receive.

Mistel is still gathering a team in the U.S. so that this technical support will become smoother in the future so that we can also have technicians/engineers directly respond to these thread on the forum to better assist you.

We will upload a Quick Guide in the upcoming days to help you better set-up the keyboard in the future.

This thread and the communication we have with rtpguy bring us a lot of insights from a customer/user's perspective and this is very enriching and will help us publish better instructions and also create easier programming in the future!

We do our best to read all threads and reply in a timely manner, if you need direct assistance to set-up your keyboard you can email us at:

services@mistelkeyboard.com

Sincerely,

Mistel Keyboards

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 21:18:29 »
Hi rtpguy,

You can try Karabiner-Elements.  It is still in early stage in terms feature parity but works for Sierra.
Looked into it, haven't taken the plunge yet, but did find a few others (programs) that looked promising but did NOT work. 
Using Keyboard Maestro at moment but it's $ and seems neat BUT doesn't seem to allow key mapping as much as triggering specific OS events, so I have command (re-mapped via Barocco to act as command/Win)-ESC 'sort of working' by invoking OS action 'activate window switcher' but it's not entirely ideal so I'm waiting to see how K-E works out, maybe this weekend.  Keyboard Maestro IS a cool program and may provide useful, but wish it also covered key mapping/codes etc.

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 21:27:08 »
I hope the Mistel rep comes back to respond to you after their one and only post here :(

We've exchanged several mails and I believe they initially responded over the weekend.  I don't think there's been over a day's wait w/out communication, so certainly have to give props for trying to answer the questions, a few of which we are still working on (and will absolutely update, but been pulling 16+ hour days lately...).

For those of you already well-used to a smaller layout than a TKL wanting a split KB, and are good with some of the 'oddities' or already ingrained to you to enable alt layers w/out thinking about it, I can't fault the keyboard nor the support received to date.  As a long time developer and Linux (and Solaris, and .. ) guy, I 'like what I like' and am already annoyed when OS X forces you to use the mouse for some actions (vs where I'd have custom key mappings for EVERYTHING on Linux), so it's frustrating for me to have to do a 3 key combo for example (Command-FN-ESC) crossing both hands vs an ingrained-don't-even-think-about two finger on left hand action to cycle windows within an app, and the oddity mentioned on arrow and text selection behavior. 

If I can get the couple of issues sorted, I'd probably pick up a second one (never again w/MX Browns, would go Blues or Greens...but that's my preference, nothing to do with the KB) to replace my already-doubling-at-one-month Ergo Pro. 

Will report back.

Offline MajorMajor

• Mechanical Keyboard Enthusiast
    • Coding Supply
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 08:23:38 »
I did a review of the Barocco here, I think it's interesting but I think the Ultimate Hacking Keyboard will be the king of split keyboards (whenever it finally ships...).

As you've seen in this thread, their customer support is very responsive which is always a plus.
TKL / Clears / Dvorak / Flipped Space for Life / Best Programming Keyboards

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 15:26:51 »
So, still waiting on next round of firmware, which may be non-trivial.

Somewhat sad to say the 'need to unplug and re-plug' issue is still there on latest firmware, although it's much less.  This only occurs when waking system from deep sleep/hibernation mode, i.e. when I quit for the night and then wake it in the am to check quick 'emergency' emails before unplugging from display and power and throwing the MBP into the bag to head to work.

I picked up a second MB, primarily because, well - brown keys suck entirely as much as I thought they would, possibly even more.  Picked up one w/Blues, mainly because they don't offer Greens.  Why?  Well, my Matias Ergo Pro, to me, is a great design, but piss-poor quality/QC - after a month I got doubling on the F and sometimes Y and N keys (so - on both halves).  So basically, I need a minimum of 2x keyboards which are the same and meet my needs, plus potentially a third for travel.

In an ideal world, someone would create a split, tentable, all-layer-programmable KB that is NOT a 60% KB, more like a TKL or even a 60% + arrow keys and ESC keys, then all would be well in the world.  The Mattias Ergo Pro or VE.A are the closest I've seen, although they have extra keys I don't really 'need', and are either unreliable (Matias) or unobtanium and $$$ to start with (VE.A- plus don't really care about the disco LEDs, better to have backlit keys than a rainbow along the bottom for actual work).  Note the Matias wriest-wrests are actually also quite nice in reality assuming proper desk/chair/ergo setup - I like it more than I thought I would.

Anyways, I added .2mm o-rings under the MX-blues and it now feels...almost acceptable.  This would mean 'very good' likely for most, but the Blues remain wimpy things vs the Greens, which remain somewhat off vs IBM/Unicomp bucking springs, but I think I can get used to them overall.

RE: UHK.  I have one pre-ordered.  It's a big enough price jump and still doesn't give me dedicated arrow keys or ESC separated vs ~ and ` keys, which is my main beef on 60% keyboards (along with WHERE they position the FN-arrow keys no matter how many years of VI use I have in prior years..).  The UHK is interesting to me mainly due to the add-on modules and hoping ALL layers are programmable so I can sort the ESC/~/` and arrows keys in a solid way, while the add-on modules may let me lose the mouse for gross mouse movements and perhaps map some of the added keys usefully.  Of course, we still need to see it actually get released... :)

How would I 'improve' the Barocco?
Allow reprogramming of arrow key position or better, add separate ESC and arrow keys.  I don't need more but those keys are highly relevant and often used by me daily/hourly/...
Allow fully programmable for all layers including the base layer.
Add tenting options.
Fix the wake from sleep/dead KB issue

That's close to it. 
The rest are more or less relatively minor and wouldn't impact my decision to purchase or not in a hugely meaningful way - Sure, backlit keys would be nice.  Option for MX Greens (or Topre? :) ) would both be awesome as well.  Offer different colored keycaps.  Allow 'master' to be plugged in to either left hand side (doesn't work) or right for cable convenience. 

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 23:47:13 »
Can anyone confirm that you can remap other keys (in hardware/firmware) like Win and Capslock to Fn? This seems like an obvious requirement, but I'm new to compact keyboards.

Offline rtpguy

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 12:07:12 »
Can anyone confirm that you can remap other keys (in hardware/firmware) like Win and Capslock to Fn? This seems like an obvious requirement, but I'm new to compact keyboards.

It seems like you can as there's a specific section in the manual on remapping FN or PN (program) keys. 

Offline Mistel_Keyboards

• Mistel Keyboards
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 15:42:06 »
Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your interest in our Mistel Barocco, we really appreciate to have you guys asking questions about it.

We would like to give you all some updates regarding the new firmware that will allow you to do more with your Barocco.

We are currently working on a firmware that will allow you to remap almost all keys in the Fn default layer except the 9 keys below:

1. T/G/B keys, these keys is for timing delay so they can't be moved.
2. default/layer 1/layer 2/layer 3
3. Right CTRL and Pn

The other good news is that this new firmware will also allow you to remap Fn to Capslock as we received many requests for the later.

Don't hesitate to give us feedbacks, we already work with members of the Geekhack community to improve our board and we always welcome all feedbacks!

Thank you all for your patience as we do our best to make the Mistel Barocco the best programmable ergonomic mechanical keyboard!

Mistel Keyboards

Offline shhky

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 19:55:00 »

I've got my Barocco and I've updated the firmware to 1.02.  On layer 1~3, I can remapp FN to other keys except Capslock which is kinda sad.  I wonder why there is such limit.  Hopefully it can be addressed in future firmware update.

Offline shhky

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 20:27:07 »
Hello everyone!

Thank you all for your interest in our Mistel Barocco, we really appreciate to have you guys asking questions about it.

We would like to give you all some updates regarding the new firmware that will allow you to do more with your Barocco.

We are currently working on a firmware that will allow you to remap almost all keys in the Fn default layer except the 9 keys below:

3. Right CTRL and Pn

The other good news is that this new firmware will also allow you to remap Fn to Capslock as we received many requests for the later.

Don't hesitate to give us feedbacks, we already work with members of the Geekhack community to improve our board and we always welcome all feedbacks!

Thank you all for your patience as we do our best to make the Mistel Barocco the best programmable ergonomic mechanical keyboard!

Mistel Keyboards

Looking forward to try new firmware!  It seems to solve all my needs.  I want to be able to map FN to Capslock and remapp FN function keys like 'HOME/END/ARROWS' as well.

Offline DanD3n

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 05:10:43 »
Are the spacebars 2.75 in size? I can't figure it out from the pics.

Offline Mistel_Keyboards

• Mistel Keyboards
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 13:45:12 »
Hello,

Thank you everyone for your interest in our Barocco! Black Friday was a very busy time so we apologize for our late replies.

The left spacebar is 3" and the right spacebar is 3.25"

Let us know if you have further questions!

Mistel Keyboards

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 13:59:25 »
Hello,

Thank you everyone for your interest in our Barocco! Black Friday was a very busy time so we apologize for our late replies.

The left spacebar is 3" and the right spacebar is 3.25"

Let us know if you have further questions!

Mistel Keyboards
Well, yeah. That size is annoying, if anyone wants to use any other keycaps.

So, is there any possibility, that a more convenient spacing will be used on future keyboards? Personally, I'd favor the size of standard Shift keys (2.25u, 2.75u, perhaps even 2u or 1.75u depending on position) and a couple of extra thumb keys.

Offline Mistel_Keyboards

• Mistel Keyboards
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 19:38:20 »
Hello,

Well, yeah. That size is annoying, if anyone wants to use any other keycaps.

So, is there any possibility, that a more convenient spacing will be used on future keyboards? Personally, I'd favor the size of standard Shift keys (2.25u, 2.75u, perhaps even 2u or 1.75u depending on position) and a couple of extra thumb keys.

That could be an option, we will discuss this possibility in the future.

We are also discussing the possibility of creating key sets in the future, for now, most CherryMX compatible key sets can be used to customize your Barocco, only the spacebars are special due to their design, we received feedbacks and we will discuss this topic in a near future.

Thank you for your feedback!

Mistel Keyboards

Offline shhky

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 01:31:18 »
Hello everyone!

3. Right CTRL and Pn

Mistel Keyboards

When will the new firmware be available?  Do you have a time table or a roadmap for new feature release?  Thanks.

Offline Mistel_Keyboards

• Mistel Keyboards
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 00:16:40 »
When will the new firmware be available?  Do you have a time table or a roadmap for new feature release?  Thanks.

The new firmware is being tested at the moment, we hope to make it available on our website later this month. As for the features, we always modify and add more features based on feedbacks from our users, we will communicate a full list of added features regarding the latest firmware a little bit before its release.

Mistel Keyboards

Offline shhky

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 02:30:06 »

The new firmware is being tested at the moment, we hope to make it available on our website later this month. As for the features, we always modify and add more features based on feedbacks from our users, we will communicate a full list of added features regarding the latest firmware a little bit before its release.

Mistel Keyboards

Thank you, I've already upgraded my MD600 to latest 1.03.02 version and it allows me to map FN to Capslock!  I love that.  Now about mapping other keys (arrows for example) since it's new feature, it's not part of original feature which is documented in Manual.  It'd be nice if you also update the manual for new features.

BTW, the download link for new firmware on your website is not correct.  It still points to old 1.02 version. 

Offline ajptaylor

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 10:50:18 »
I'm on 1.03.02 and I'm trying to remap the arrow keys. I was able to do this on the Pok3r, but haven't been able to on the MD600. I'm trying to get:

Fn+h = Left Arrow
Fn + j = Down arrow
Fn + k = Up Arrow
Fn + l = Right arrow

Anyone know if this kind of remapping is supported?

Offline robo5235

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 22:11:36 »
Thank you, I've already upgraded my MD600 to latest 1.03.02 version and it allows me to map FN to Capslock!  I love that.  Now about mapping other keys (arrows for example) since it's new feature, it's not part of original feature which is documented in Manual.  It'd be nice if you also update the manual for new features.

BTW, the download link for new firmware on your website is not correct.  It still points to old 1.02 version.

Do you mind pointing me to where you got the 1.03.02 firmware image?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 December 2016, 22:13:30 by robo5235 »

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 23:21:18 »

Do you mind pointing me to where you got the 1.03.02 firmware image?

Thanks!

Try this link;)
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 16:59:31 »
Can anyone confirm that the left half works by itself?

Offline ajptaylor

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 11:24:39 »
Can anyone confirm that the left half works by itself?

Just tried it with mine. Yes, it does.

Offline madn3ss795

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 05:50:27 »
Can you use Filco Minila's spacebar keycaps for the Barocco? Would make it easier to find replacement keycaps if that's possible.

Offline tommy_bahama

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 14:13:29 »
I'm also curious if this is possible. I'll be updating my firmware tonight since I'm on a Mac and have to borrow a friend's Windows computer to do that. Look forward to mapping the FN key on the left side for easier arrow key support. Any future plans for firmware updates on the Mac?

I'm on 1.03.02 and I'm trying to remap the arrow keys. I was able to do this on the Pok3r, but haven't been able to on the MD600. I'm trying to get:

Fn+h = Left Arrow
Fn + j = Down arrow
Fn + k = Up Arrow
Fn + l = Right arrow

Anyone know if this kind of remapping is supported?

Offline rafaelnonato

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 19:50:03 »
I have just updated to firmware version 1.03.03 (not available on their website—they sent it to me directly because the previous version of the firmware had given me a nasty bug). Now I can do all the remaps I want. I've remapped Fn to the left Space key and Pn to the Escape key (I have CapsLock remapped to Escape on my OS). Now the keys that were originally assigned to Fn and Pn have regained their much more useful and regular function as Win and Ctrl. Fn+Escape is supposed to give you `, but since I hadremapped Pn to Escape, I needed another way to get `. I've been able to remap Fn+Space to `, that is, I get ` when I press the left space bar (Fn) plus the right space bar.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 January 2017, 09:45:50 by rafaelnonato »

Offline ergo_typing

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 10:03:26 »
I've been using the Mistel Barocco for a little while so posted some thoughts over in the review section, in case any of you guys were interested:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87193.0

Offline batfink

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 05:00:40 »
This looks like a decent board, I am considering getting it.

I had also been considering the Ultimate Hacking Keyboard, but according to the stats, the Mistel Barocco is about half the weight, so would make for a better portable board.

Not sure whether to go Blue or Brown switches. Reds are definitely out - I only used a keyboard with red switches once and it was terrible. So I guess I prefer stiffness and a well-defined activation point. But I also don't want them to be overly loud. I am a fan of the Matias quiet ones, what would be closest to those?

My only other issue with this keyboard is the Alt keys are offset a bit too far. I would prefer the left Alt to be directly beneath the X key like it is on a laptop. Space bars are too long on most keyboards, even on this one where it is at least split, thankfully.
I wish it was available with blank keycaps though.

Still, better than nearly all other keyboards I've seen lately.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 05:08:33 »
It has a "standard" layout (like Pok3r), thus you can replace most keycaps easily (except the split spacebar). Unlike in case of UHK, which uses obscure spacing in the rightmost column for no apparent reason.

Offline captain

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 13:07:12 »
deleted
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.